Afraid To Fall In Love

By halimalili

A muslim love story about a lady called minal who 's world comes crashing as her love life takes a drastic tu... More

Final Year
The Boyfriend
The Bachelor
The Blind Date
Surprise!
Graduation
Home Sweet Home.
Unwanted Guests
Bumped
Eid Mubarak
Rain And Rainbows
Wedding Bells
The Ultimatum
Next To You
Wishes
The Employee
Signed,Sealed....
Twists and Turns
Pretence
Hurricane
Twinning
New Friends
Mine
Apologies
Something New
...Of The Past
...Of The Past 2
Confessions
Unintended Promises
Living Nightmares
Truth
Court Case
Moving In
Baby Steps.
Under The Stars.
With This Ring
Hearts As One
Feels Like Home
Broken
Untold Stories
About That Night
Love At Last.
Little Secrets
Zara
New Book

Money For Love

4.6K 500 26
By halimalili

"Minal!..Minal!" I called out as I scoped her face with my hands, but there was no response. I called out again and then there was a slightly movement almost as if she was getting more comfortable so I sat back in my chair patiently.

Gently her milky eyes turned red started to flutter,

"Minal" I called placing her hand on my chest and then slowly her eyes were open, but away from mine,

She tried to sit up immediately but I stopped her kissing her soft hands thanking God she was awake.

"Are you alright?" I asked worriedly "Are you hurting?" I added stroking her head but the only answer I got were tears rolling down her cheek.

"Talk to me?" I requested but still nothing came out of her lips, so I gave her a little time to recover.

Mamie came in shortly after subhi, you could tell by the look in her eyes that she barely got any sleep, I stood up reaching for the basket she was carrying. Mamie fed Minal her favorite rice pudding before the doctors can in to check up on her.

We were discharged later in the day as we were assured that everything is alright. The long drive home was deafening as I was alone with Minal in the car, wondering what I have done wrong this time.

As soon as the car was at a park, the girls rushed to the car to help her in as Mamie directed she be taken to her room so she could observe her for a couple of days.

Mamie's room became a sort of common room, as everyone worked so hard taking care of Minal and keeping her happy.

I began to notice the way she would flinch each time her phone would ring or the way her mood changes after answering her phone calls and requested Amani to keep a close watch on all her phone calls and the callers.

Minal

Nazeer has been putting so much pressure on me that I leave Mahmud not to mention the threats that he will harm the people trying to keep me away from him. I have never known him to be so aggressive not once.

I tried telling Mahmud about it but somehow I couldn't, somewhere deep down I still had feelings buried deep for Nazeer although in these past few days I am beginning to see Mahmud in a different way, its like the Mahmud I know is gone now, only a sweet and innocent Mahmud is left. He treats me not less than a princess should be treated, and shows me love in his own way.

Suddenly my phone began to ring again and for the first time I was alone in the room, not since I got back from the hospital.

" Hello" I answered eagerly awaiting a response.

"Hello wifey" I heard Nazeer's voice." Do you think you can just block my number and get rid of me like that" he laughed

"You don't expect to just come back anytime and I will welcome you with open arms... It doesn't work that way" I managed to raise my voice a bit.

" I told you what happened, What the hell do you want to hear again" he shout angrily at me. I began to wonder if really I was talking to Nazeer or some impersonator.

" don't talk to me like that " I responded

" I am coming to see you today, wifey" he stated.

"You can't come here, besides I am married now please stay away from me" I warned,

"You are mine Minal, even in the eyes of the law" he said laughing so hard before hanging the call.

What did he mean by "even in the eyes of the law"? Oh Allah, I wanted him to come back so badly that I would have sleepless nights praying for his return and now that I he is back my whole life has been turned upside down... Papi was right, sometimes the things we wish for the most is not the best for us.

I was seated with Mahmud and Amani on Mamie's carpet when my phone started ringing, I didn't bother picking it up because I knew who the caller was I decided not to pick and with the way Mahmud's eyes were on me I couldn't even if I wanted to.

I faked a smile on my face to avoid any suspicion " its my time to roll the dice" I squealed.

I was almost victorious I the game when Maryam the help came in focusing her attention on me.

"Anty Minal, there is someone here to see you" she stated.

"Who is that " Mahmud asked before I could.

" They didn't say" she replied with her head down.

" you can go" he ordered before calling the security guards.

The conversation was not in his favour by the looks of it as he kept screaming how stupid they were.

" I'll go have a look" he said standing up to leave.

" don't worry I will just go see who it is" I tried stopping him but he didn't wait to listen as he stormed out of the room.

Mahmud

I went straight to the garden to see who it was... Lo and behold it was the runway groom whom I should be thankful to for leaving a rare gem on my path.

"Salamu alaikum" I entered the Gazebo to take a better look at him but there was no answer.

" what are you doing here" I heard him say just before I took a seat,

"What do you mean, this is my house so I should be asking you that" I laughed at his stupidity.

"I am here for my wife Minal... Where is she" he stated.

I tried really heard to keep my calm...his words felt like hot iron piercing through me,

" what substance are you on?... Or do you have the wrong house"? I asked clutching my hands into a fist.

"She is mine, now and always,...even in my absence, she believes what ever I tell her.... She is so innocent and Naive I tell you" he started to laugh a bit then continued. " the perfect prey" he added.

I yanked him by the collar throwing punches at him then pushed his worthless self to the ground.

"Calm down Nigga, I am glad you came out and not her... I am here to offer you a deal" he said wiping the blood from his mouth.

" what are you talking about " I asked surprisingly thinking that it was the effect of the punches he received.

"I wanted her money right from the start, she was a jackpot for me, rich and beautiful... Now that you have her but not her heart I am ready to offer you a deal"

I kept looking at him wondering what she saw in him and how I couldn't help but think I was right about him from the beginning.

" Twenty million for Minal's love, I guarantee you by the time I am done with her she will settle for any dog that comes her way"

That was it, I snapped, kept beating him up until the guards came to his aid.... They walked him out of the house before I could do something I might end up regretting.

I couldn't think straight I barged into the house and straight to Minal, I didn't care whom she was with I was too angry to see.

" Is this what you want" I began to yell at her,

"A man who treats you like trash, something he can dump off at the side of the road when ever he wants to.... Can you imagine the fool demanding for twenty million for him to leave your life for good.... Are you this cheap" I shout sitting down helplessly behind her

" what is wrong with you?" Mamie chirped " what are you talking about? She added.

I tried telling her everything but had to stop half way to breathe.

"All he wanted was money and I was right here suffering every day of my life for a cursed love.... I love her, I want her " I kept chanting.

"It can't be...Nazeer is not like that... He wouldn't dare" she kept muttering in between tears.

" its high time you start differentiating what's real and what's not" I muttered before leaving the room.

She followed behind me to my room closing the door behind her, she walked towards me sitting down next to me on the edge of the bed where I sat clueless.

"Did he really say that" she managed to speak placing her hands on mine but I couldn't give her an answer.

"Please! Mahmud tell me the truth" she asked with tears in her eyes looking deep into mine.

"What will I achieve from lying to you? I want to be loved by you but not at any cost, not at the cost of your happiness"

I stared back into her eyes and all the anger began to melt away..only but a pool of emotion rising from the dept of our hearts.

I move closer and closer following the direction of her eyes until our lips were locked and closer into each others embrace...

She pushed me away quickly rising to her feet using her hands to cover her lips.

"How dare you try to take advantage of me...you should be ashamed of yourself" she shout walking out of the room.

_________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to a special someone HussainaJibril1. I am glad you like the book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 745 66
Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out that her younger sister is secretly marrie...
636 90 6
When the love becomes hate what will happen is the love win over the hate ?? . This is a short romantic story of a couple .This story has lot of susp...
9.3K 904 35
Meet Umma Khalthum Mayana, an orphan whom lives with her uncle and his family, a beautiful, intelligent and pious lady. Jovial is what you'd describe...
82 25 13
An Islamic love story.