Hunter of The Red Plains

由 Nanashi-na-kyuhei

This book takes place in the years of Emiya Shirou being a Counter Guardian, from its bottom to its top. For... 更多

PROLOUGE CHAPTER
An Old Friend: Chapter I
An Old Friend: Chapter II
An Old Friend: Chapter III
An Old Friend: Chapter IV
An Old Friend: Chapter V
An Old Friend: Chapter VI
An Old Friend: Chapter VII
An Old Friend: Chapter VIII
An Old Friend: Chapter IX
An Old Friend: Until We Meet Again...
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter I
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter II
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter III
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter IV
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter V
The Countesse of Blood: Chapter VI
The Countesse of Blood: A Portrait of Hell
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter I
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter II
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter III
In The Middle of Nowhere: Chapter IV
In The Middle of Nowhere: V
In The Middle of Nowhere: Another Game
The Fall of a Hero: Chapter I
The Fall of a Hero: Chapter III
The Fall of a Hero: Chapter IV
The Fall of a Hero: Flames of a Curse
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter I
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter II
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter III
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter IV
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kagal Irkala; Chapter V
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kigal Irkala; VI
Sha Nagba Imuru: Kur Kigal Irkala; Chapter VII

The Fall of a Hero: Chapter II

2.6K 60 7
由 Nanashi-na-kyuhei

He surely had his task, to find the orb and destroy it, and kill the Heroic Sprit summoned/affected if needed. Yet, there was a great problem with that; he was in the middle of the history's greatest battle, with countless soldiers involved. Let it be finding the orb, he hadn't the slightest clue of where to search first. 

Of course, when the apetite of Morgan was considired, it would not be odd for her to select the most famous heroes of the war, which would make Archer's job even a greater pain. Not just that, but he had no chance of revealing himself, since those heroes were sure to have their allies, which meant the whole Achaean Army or the Trojan Army, and Archer had no intention to fight against all those. So, he had nothing to do as he was. He had no information about the orb's location, and neither had any clue about who the Heroic Sprit was. He thought and thought about what to do while watching the clash of two armies, and then decided to go on like that. He would watch until something uncommon appears, even though it was like a torture for him.

If he could, he surely was to rush at the battle and stop it immediately, but he knew that if he did so, he would end up slaughtering the whole army, or maybe even the people of Troy as well. So he was just to sit and watch, while having to nailing himself on his place. He must not have interfered, it would only make the things worse. 

As he was lost among his thoughts, a battlecry among the soldiers got rised. As Archer looked at the way, he saw that among the heat of battle, there was a circle opened for two warriors to have their duel. Archer focused on the duel, to see a man which looked like a giant with a shield and hammer fighitng against a smaller man with his spear, who had brown hair in the shape of low ponytail. Archer could not identify them since they were covered by their armours, but it was not a problem since he was able to see their weapons. 

"Trace, on!" He said internally as he scanned the spear of the smaller man, and learned that this was Durindana, the spear form of Durandal. According to the history it had showed, it was now wielded by the strongest champion of Trojans, Hector of Shining Helmet. And as he looked at the Trojan Hero's opponent's shield, with a gigantic size and nine layers, he learned that the shield was the original Rho Aias, whose wielder was Ajax The Great. Seeing the original shield, Rho Aias of Archer's labors increased to four to seven. Since the shield he used so far was just an image inside Unlimited Blade  Works but not a replica of the original one, it was weaker. But now, by obtaining the original Noble Phantasm, he evolved it greatly. "A place to increase your treasury even further!" was what Alaya said, and Archer surely understood that. 

Ajax and Hector had their duel for a few minutes more, with both disarming each other, punching each other, and ending by a tie. Greeks, who could not go on with the sources they had, decided to retreat. As they went back to the camps on the coast, Archer, without an expression on his face, just looked at the corpses painted the plain red by their blood. 

After a period of hours passes with armies collecting the left-overs of their soldiers, there fell the night upon them. But, this peaceful darkness got disturbed by the light of fires coming from the coast. As Archer could see, Trojans, who had the upper hand, were trying to finish the enemy army off completely, with Hector in charge. After a few minutes passed by the one-sided slaughter of the Trojans, a flame of hope rised among the men of Greece: Mymidons and a warrior in the shining armour of Achilles had arrived. Yet... Archer knew how this would end, since he knew that it was not Achilles himsef. It was his cousin, Patroclus, who had worn the armor of his cousin, while swinging his blade at Hector. You all are about to learn soon anyway... 

Patroclus managed a great job and pushed back the Trojan forces from the ships. Hector, realising that his force would end soon, ordered his men to retreat. Yet, many of the soldiers got trapped around and faced the slaughter of Patroclus. While Hector was leading the retreat, among the chaos, a man in a black cloak seneaked in and wounded Patroclus from his back. Hector, who got the upper hand, defeated the wounded warrior easily, and taunted him as if he managed anything. Patroclus, at his final breathes, looked upon Hector with his eyes of blue that got a bit covered by his blonde hair and foretell his death would come from the hands of Achilles. Archer was to witness those all, yet there was a thing he could not figure out. That man who wounded Patroclus could not be identified. Whenever Archer tried to look at his origin, or any weapon he carried, he got disturbed by a force he could not define. After his third attempt to identiy the man, the man raised his head to him and stared at him for a while before vanishing completely. Archer quickly stood up with his eyes widely opened, and looked around if he could see that man, completely failing. As if he was made of gas, he had dissappeared in an instant, however, Archer did not feel like he was under a threat. At least, for that moment.

After that event, Trojans went back to the Troy, leaving Greeks alone to face their ace's fury alone. At the following day, this fury of the ace got felt at the battlefield clearly and greatly. As the two armies clashed, a warrior on his chariot rushed through them, destroying every single enemy dumb enough to face him on his way. He was so furious that he did not even wanted to wear his helmet on, revealing his green-like hair with orange eyes, being painted by anger. The Hero of Greeks' superiority was so overwhelming that The King of Trojans, King Priam, ordered his soldiers to open the door for their soldiers to retreat to the city. As the soldiers fleed, one of them stood still, without moving an inch. After Achilles was stopped by a prince of Troy for a challange, then dissappearing suddenly, his gaze meets with the man as the only Trojan standing outside the walls of Troy, Hector of The Shining Helmet.

Achilles slowly got out of his chariot, and with his spear in his hand, he began to walk at Hector slowly. "What is it, Prince of Troy?" Achilles called out, with his strong voice echoing from the walls of Troy. "Don't you flee this time?" Then, Achilles suddenly stopped, and whispering under his breath that only Archer could her by his reinforced senses. "That's the armor of Patroclus..." Then, the grip of his got tighter, with his senses getting even sharper and his gaze even deadlier. "THAT IS THE ARMOR OF PATROCLUS!" He yelled, as he rushed at Hector. Hector, due to his terror of facing Achilles, started to run away, but oddly, this chase did not last long. Even before Hector could take but a thirty meters, Achilles cathed upon him and began to swing his spear with an unstopable might and the speed of lightning. Not that much after, the spear got its way to the throat of The Shining Helmet. As Hector fell, he begged Achilles to give his corpse back to the Trojans for the funeral, but got rejected instead. After his death, Achilles dragged him along with his chariot on the dirt. 

Archer knew it would end just like that, but something was wrong. Archer could never believe that a human being, even if it was a hero from the past or someone with divinity, to be able to move like that. Of course, it could be that since Archer was not a proper Heroic Sprit, he might not believe those things that could be done by some hero. Yet-

"It seems you have realised it as well, The Guardian in White." A soft voice of a man came from back, causing Archer to jump off as he made a flip midair, facing that way. As he landed, he saw that it was the man in black cloak from that event. After a few seconds passed filled with silence the man went on. "Oh, how rude of mine. I insulted you by witholding my marvelous presence from thee." Then, he removed his cloak, to reveal his tan skin -which was a bit lighter than Archer's skin- along with his blonde hair that danced with the blows of wind and blue eyes that pierced through anything. He had white clothes with golden designs, as well as an arrowcase and a bow of gold. Archer kept silent, realising who he was.

"I see, so that was why I could not identify you." Archer said, with the man before him smiling proudly. After another seconds of silence passed, the man before Archer got pissed off. 

"What is it with you, damn mortal? Cannot you realize that there is a far superior presence stands before you? At least kneel and salute me by calling out my wonderful name!" But Archer did nothing, as if he did not know who that was. "APOLLO! It is who I am, it is who you are before! How dare you to be so insolent even though you are rewarded by the presence of a God of Olympus!?"

"Then tell me, what brought you here, Olympian?" Archer asked, causing Apollo to sigh for a moment.

"What is wrong with mortals these days, one slashes the beautiful head of the statue of mine, other just stares at me and thinks of him as if he was allowed to ask me something." Then, he took deep breathes and locked his gaze on Archer. "You must have noticed as well, Guardian, the skills of Achilles is beyond than the foretold. This would not be possible unless some divine help was recieved. Since that happened, many gods blame each other for this, and the war between gods might even grow further which would not end well for neither us nor mortals. I, as The God of Prophecy, have told them that it was not a work of a god from Olympus, but no one ever listens to me!" Apollo went on like that for another five minutes, while Archer was lost in thoughts. If he was right, this mission of his might be the hardest one he have ever faced.

"I ask of you again, Olympian;" Archer interrupted. "What did bring you here?" Apollo stood there for a moment, with the gaze of unbelief.

"I surely have not liked that irrespective attitude of yours, mortal." Then he looked at right into the eyes of Archer. "Since I am an Olympian, I cannot take the life of Achilles if I desire not to make others my enemy, which would not be worth for mere mortals, which is why you were summoned. I ask, no, order you to hunt down that man, Achilles of Greece. By doing so, I shall be able to defend Troy from his rage." 

"... Defeating Achilles is something I have to do eventually. I do accept, but I have to mention that the safety of Troy cannot be guaranteed." Archer asked, which caused Apollo to have a darker gaze on his face. 

"What is the meaning of this, Guardian?" Apollo asked with the most serious voice he had used.

"The duty of Counter Force is not to help divine beings to enjoy the show they lead, but to defend humanity. If any of those of Troy were to witness the events, the consequence should be as clear as sunlight to you, God of Sun." Apollo remained silent for a while before Archer went on. "I shall not guarantee the safety of Troy, but I have no intention to destroy it either. Now, pitied god, go back where you belong, and do not interfere The Counter Force."

"How dare you!" The insulted god splited out with rage. "From the very begining, no rights such as refusal were given to you, mortal. Don't you show the şnsolence of thinking yourself higher than a God of Olympus!" He took his bow in his hand, and began to slowly reach for an arrow. Archer just stood there, with a bolt of electricity rushing through his arm. "I see, you carry no worth! Not even as worthy as those nameless bowmen who I cold use tons of!" This discourse of 'nameless bowman' Apollo said put a smile on Archer's face, which even grew the fury of the god further, causing him to quickly shot an arrow which carried the heat of the sun, but Archer quickly dodged it and recovered by projecting his own bow. "Let us see if you really do carry worth or not, mortal!" Apollo called out, as he pulled another arrow and shot it at Archer, with the speed of light that gave no seconds for Archer to corespond.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

31.4K 688 4
Miyuverse Shirou Emiya still has to complete his side of the contract in ensuring Miyu's happiness. As Alaya has given him the chance to fulfil the o...
71K 2.1K 12
He finds himself back in the past. But it's different. Being summoned into the past isn't something new to him. But when he finds himself in his teen...
4.4K 186 10
In the Prisma timeline Shirou Emiya never became a magus. Shirou never went through the fire in Fuyuki City that reforged him. He was just a normal k...
67.4K 1K 30
Shirou Emiya or Emilya Von Einzbern have been gone through and experience in many unexpected situations. Being brought back to the living world from...