Stop Pretending | e.d

By gcldtae

"I'm not going to wait and watch you fall apart pretending you don't need anyone!" Ethan Yelled after me, th... More

♡1 ♡
♡3 ♡
♡4 ♡
♡5 ♡
♡6 ♡
♡7 ♡
♡8 ♡
♡9 ♡
♡10 ♡
♡11 ♡
♡12 ♡
♡ 13 ♡
♡Thank you/New Book ♡
🙌🏼100 Reads🙌🏼
♡500+ ♡

♡2 ♡

749 15 0
By gcldtae

(Serenity's pov)
The clapping and skidding noises of shoes filled the hallway as everybody entered the school, me on the other hand? I was already in there sat leaning against my locked writing down a new song to send to my brother like I'd normally do.

I checked my watch it read 8:10am the time the whole "popular group" come in.

"3","2","1" I mumbled then the doors burst open as a big crowd of girls and boys in heals, short skirts, jeans, leather jackets you name it, they walked down the hallway and everyone moved out the way allowing them to pass through.

I looked up admiring their style then caught Ethan glancing at me. He noticed me looking and sent me a smile, I didn't want to be rude so I returned it.

About 10 minutes later i dragged myself up, opening my locker swopping my lyric book with my binder to take to home room. As I shut my locker I jumped back startled seeing Ethan Dolan stood leaning against the locker smiling at me.

"U-uhm? Hi?" You said with a slight questioning tone.

"How come I've never seen somebody as stunning as you before?" He said confidently leaning off the locker.

"Nice try Dolan I'm not falling for that" I replied trying to walk past him but he stopped me.

"Hold Up princess" I paused and looked at him rolling my eyes, "Don't I get a name?"

"Serenity"

I then walked off down the hall way and entered my home room 10 minutes early to be greeted by my teacher Mrs Clark who also happens to be one of my mothers close friends.

(Ethan's pov)

"Serenity"

She said then walked off down the hall way clutching onto her binder.

She had such a perfect name. She was gorgeous too but the thing I seem to like about her is that she's reluctant to fall for me which is challenging my skills and everybody knows I love challenges.

She must have been new because I haven't seen her before, she doesn't seem to have any friends either so I could help with that.

The bell rings indicating we all had to go to home room for me that was Mrs Clark's room.

I walk over then entered the classroom and see Serenity talking to Mrs Clark. She perks her head up a bit and our eyes met for a split second then she continues her conversation with our teacher as we waited for other people.

(Serenity's pov)
"So how's your mum doing S?" Mrs asked

I turned my attention to Mrs Clark and held my head up with my palms, "she's good but busy, she flew back to NYC on Saturday to prepare for fashion week" I replied simply answering her question.

"She's really taking part in that after what happened with your sister?" She asked and she noticed my expression drop.

"I'm sorry dear I didn't mean it like th-"

"It's fine, honestly" I plastered on a fake smile then she began reading announcements to the class.

"Serenity, Ethan, do you mind staying behind after everyone leaves?" Mrs Clark asks politely.

I nod my head in response and Ethan smileed then responding with an 'okay'.

———
The bell rang causing students to stumble out their seats towards the door to go to 1st period.

"Serenity, this is Ethan" she as motioning towards Ethan.

"We've met" I said sternly.

"Good because for the rest of the week you guys are going to be working in my office while you settle in" she replied with a smile.

"A-alone?" I stuttered and she nodded.

"I'll show you the way" she said getting up from her desk and Ethan slowly trailing behind her.

Fuck what did I get myself into?! 6 hours a day in a room with Ethan Dolan? This can't be serious.

"Here we are" She said while kindly opening the door for us to walk inside.

We both stood there in silence as we heard he lock the door.

"So, Serenity" Ethan said raising an eyebrow at me.

"Look I hate this as much as you do but we are going to have to make this work okay? I'm Ethan Dolan nice to meet you" he held out his hand out to shake and you took it accidentally exposing the scars on your wrists.

He glanced down then back up you as you wrist back holding it.

"I-I'm Sorry" he stuttered nervously.

"It's fine" I lied.

"I'm not really good with opening up to people that's why, I'm absolutely fine by myself I don't need anyone" I replied quickly sitting down.

(Ethan's pov)
I feel bad for glancing at her scars, she looks like she's been broke broken for a while and it actually upset me. Wait what? No Ethan it doesn't upset you. Stop feeling sorry.

I decided on trying to make some sort of conversation, "Hey Serenity" Her head came up as I met with her eyes, there wasn't a sparkle in them besides the light reflection. She was actually broken, I could tell.

"Ethan?" She paused, "you okay?"

"Oh I'm sorry" I apologise, something I never do.

"It's fine" she cracked a weak smile, "did you need anything? Any help?" She asked politely.

"I-uhm just wondered if I could call you S for short?" I suggested.

She nodded, "I'd like that" this time she curved her beautiful yet pale lips into a full smile causing me to smile.

"Ethan are you smiling" she joking said with a little chuckle.

"Noooo, not at all" I tried to brush it off.
———
(Serenity's pov)
Okay so Ethan wasn't as "fuck boy material" I accepted but still I'm being cautious.

We actually held a conversation throughout the hours and I got to know him a little better, he seems half decent. He's on the football team as a quarter back which I already knew but he wouldn't stop going on about how he loved sports so much.

I was cut out of my thoughts by a girl called Talia slamming my papers down and started giggling with her friends and the boys behind her, including Ethan.

"Loser" she spat, "am I right Ethan?"

Ethan glanced at me then back at Talia.

(Ethan's pov)

Fuck. I was just brought into something I wish I wasn't in.

"Loser"

"Am I right Ethan?"

I glanced round and saw Talia smirking then Serenity's papers everywhere. I hesitated, I had to choose between being friends with Talia the "hottest girl" in school or Serenity. I had a soft spot serenity but before I could think I accidentally blurted our.

"Hah, yeah" I said with a chuckle.

I looked over to Serenity to see her reaction and she had no hurt in her eyes. She just simply grabbed her papers and walked out.

I was going to run after her but that would ruin me so I chose to text her after school.
———
(Serenity's pov)
It honestly didn't really bother me that Ethan said that, I already knew he was like that and nobody could change him.

I came home to an empty house as per usual so
I just ran upstairs and ordered pizza as I did my homework.

2 hours later and I was nearly finished my phone buzzed.

-text from Ethan Dolan-

Ethan: I'm sorry I said that I didn't know what to do I was dragged into the Siri one please forgive me.

              Serenity: Ethan it genuinely
   doesn't bother me, I've been broken enough something petty like that won't harm me.

Ethan: so you forgive me?

         Serenity: I don't really care Ethan.

Ethan: ouch, and here I thought we were getting along.

        Serenity: you have no idea what I've been through and I have trust issues. I wouldn't class yourself as my friend all because you spent 6 hours with me locked in a room.

-Number blocked successfully-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9M 651K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
73.4K 2.8K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
153K 7.4K 49
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...