As The Ape Years Go By

By Szarinasumalpong

A series of one shots and stories evolving around the ever growing ape family and the dream of finally having... More

Family Bonding
Life
Memory
Humans?
One Last Kiss
Human Friend
To See You Again
Character Info
The Peace Generation
History Repeat

Possessive Males

897 20 1
By Szarinasumalpong

Mating Season.

Usually its the time where excited females look for males for them to mate and the time of love and romance.

Unfortunately for the mated ones, it was the time of their males to become overbearing and possessive.

Gio and Arwyna watched their father suddenly become...affectionate to their mother.

"Mommy, why is daddy acting like that?"

Lake looked at her 4 year old and 3 year old children and shook her head "Daddy's just having the spring fever" Arwyna grew confused "Daddy is sick?" Blue Eyes purred in response and Lake flushed.

"Why don't you two go play along"

The two nodded before running off and out towards their grandparents.

***

"Aunt Nova!"

The kids called out but all they saw was Grandpa Maurice and a few ape children who were there to learn. Grandpa Rocket was there too with his new son and daughter beside him.

The orangutan spotted the two and gestured them to come over. Gio and Arwyna quickly scrambled to him.

"Where are uncle Cornelius and Aunt Nova?"

Arwyna asked with a tilt in her head. Maurice pointed to the direction of the center of the village.

"I should warn you, the males at a young age are a little bit...having the spring fever. Better find Caesar and Kira"

The two nodded and raced away "Looks like all of them got the spring fever except Grandpa Maurice and those of our age" Gio signed.

***

Amy didn't know how it happened, all she knew was that she and Adeline were out heading towards Lake and Blue Eyes's nest for a visit when two male apes appeared and started giving out advances towards them.

Let's just say that Livius and Ryker saw the whole thing and both were clearly not happy.

Now, the two brothers were on a face off with Adeline and Amy watching the whole thing as a crowd began to gather.

"Either those two are stupid or their trying to make scene"

Adeline grumbled under her breath. Gio and Arwyna had just arrived with Kira and Caesar to see what was going on.

"Sweet Memories"

Kira smirked as she glanced at Caesar who looked away from her but glared and scooted closer when he caught a few males staring at her.

Nova and Cornelius stood amongst the crowd with Nova's arm full of fresh fruits for lunch. Cornelius stood protectively beside Nova "Cornelius, what is going on?" Nova asked as she watched the fight.

Cornelius scratched his head. He forgot to tell her about Mating Season and how it affected the males and females.

"This happens every Mating Season when uh...male and female...you know..."

By now Cornelius was a blushing mess and it seemed the message got across Nova because she looked away and flushed bright red.

Gio and Arwyna had different thoughts about what they were seeing.

Gio cheered for his uncles when Livius slammed the male to a tree and Ryker did a round of poundings on the other male. He thought that this was a game and did the only thing a boy of his age would do...watch and learn.

Arwyna was confused and frightened at the same time. She really didn't know her uncles would be this violent especially to other apes.

Was this because of the spring fever?

Kira saw the same look Cornelius and Blue Eyes gave her when they were young and shook her head.

Looks like the talk is going to happen.

Her gaze snapped to the sound of the males groaning in pain and Ryker along with Livius standing beside wide eyed Amy and Adeline.

The crowd began to disperse and Adeline regained her composure "You really love making a scene do you?!" Ryker grumbled and looked straight into her eyes.

"At least this one gives a perfectly clear message that YOU are stuck with ME"

To say Amy was stunned was an understatement. She was top speechless to see her friend blushing bright red.

Adeline was rendered speechless at his declaration and made no move to push him away when he dragged her away to who knows where.

Amy looked at Livius who suddenly turned back into his old self and hooted "So...do you still want to go with me to the Meadow Grass?" Amy smiled and took his hand.

"I was afraid you were never going to ask. You were pretty...ape-ish back there"

Livius grinned before he took her away. Gio and Arwyna looked at Kira and Caesar "What happened back there?" Kira shrugged before she lightly pushed a pouting Caesar away.

"Ask your parents" Gio and Arwyna looked at each other before hooting out "Mommy said that daddy has this spring fever" Kira blinked before she turned to Caesar.

"Give me a moment with them by the riverbank and try not to get any ideas of following me"

Caesar reluctantly nodded before Kira took her grandson and granddaughter away to a secluded place.

***

Gio and Arwyna sat down each beside Kira and waiting expectantly for her to talk as if she was going to tell a story again.

"When males and females hit a certain age of...maturity they tend to find their mates around this particular season"

Arwyna cut her off "What do you mean?" Kira scratched her head. They were still so...young.

"It means that you find your uh...soul mate or your partner"

Gio gagged "Does this always happen? Will this happen to me?" Kira nodded making Gio look at his aunt in disgust "Having an annoying sister is one thing but being with a female sounds so wrong, not that I don't like you or aunt Nova" Arwyna glared at him.

"What does that suppose to mean?!" Gio struck his tongue out. Kira sighed "When you find that someone, you'll understand. For now, go play with the other children, I have a feeling your grandpa Caesar is already looking for me" Giving Kira a kids in both her cheeks, the siblings raced off.

When I first had that with Cornelius and Blue Eyes...those conversations really paid off.

It didn't take long for Kira to hear the footsteps of her husband as he emerged from the trees "Remind me to castrate you when we get back to the nest" Caesar gruffed and sat down.

"They are bound to know at some point, they are the children of our son after all"

Kira shook her head and leaned against Caesar "To be young and in love..." She hooted out a quote from one of the humans that spoke those words.

"You make it sound like we're getting old" Kira quirked up her mouth "Shut...listen...nature" She managed to choke out.

"And you still have the impulse to talk even when the ape doctors told you not too"

Kira's response was a deep hum before she took a nap in the arms of her beloved and the sound of nature around them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 53 30
During the flight of the apes, some new disease appeared, because of which most of humanity died. Simian flu, known as ALZ-113. Will Rodman is a pha...
29K 1.1K 39
"The rain grew colder, the canopy enamoured and blushing even deeper shades of auburn and gold. The tension was growing and the entirety of the large...
52K 877 13
this is an au story, what happens if koba's view of humans changes once he meets a girl who took in two orphaned chimps. find out
144K 2.7K 16
This story is about a girl that goes into the movie of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with her little brothers Andy and Luther. She meets Caesar and...