Climax

By StayingMe

"Climax: Make It or Break It" features a dysfunctional relationship between a sweet, strong-headed woman and... More

Climax
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30

Part 14

3.5K 48 12
By StayingMe

Climax

Part 14

All Rights Reserved

 Stanley sighed as he wrote the last few lines of his letter.

                      Once again love, I am very sorry that I won’t be there when you are in labor. Merry Christmas.

                         Love you always,

                                                  Stanley Hamilton

Stanley folded his letter in half and slipped it in a red envelope. He licked it shut and wrote his name in cursive on the back of the envelope. He was going to have one of his fellow soldiers put it in the mail box for him while he stayed at the computer calculating the data and the money that will be needed in the military base as they prepared for a battle.

All of a sudden, Stanley heard a bunch of knocks on the door. Stanley got up from the computer chair, and went to open the door to find out who was making all that racket.

Of course it was Charlie, who was now sweating from out of exhaustion for running over here. He took a breathier before beginning to talk.

“Stanley,” He said then took another breath. “You’re never going to believe what happened.”

“What? A girl dumped you?” Stanley guessed, not interested.

“No. Like that is ever going to happen,” Charlie said. “Anyway, Miranda called me—“

“Wait a minute,” Stanley paused. “My sister called you?”

“Yes and—“

“What was it? A wrong number?” Stanley interrupted again.

“No! Now can you please just listen?” Charlie snapped. Stanley went quiet, waiting for Charlie to say what was so important.

“Miranda and Suze had planned to come here for Christmas to surprise you,” Charlie began.

“Really? Are they okay? Are they here?”

“Well, not exactly,” Charlie said. “They are okay from what I have heard but they aren’t here. They’re here in New York, but they aren’t here here.”

“What are you talking about, Charlie?” Stanley asked.

“Suze gave birth on the plane,” Charlie answered, causing Stanley’s eyes to widen.

“What? She wasn’t due for another three weeks!” Stanley shouted, and started to think. If Suze went into labor that meant the baby was out, and he was officially a father. Stanley grew nervous. If only Suze knew the truth about Stanley’s feelings.

“I know but everything’s fine. The baby is good & healthy, and Suze is the same. They’re at Washington Jackson Local Hospital that’s about two miles away,” Charlie explained.

Stanley grabbed his black leather coat and headed to the door. “Thank you Charlie. I owe you one.”

“More like a million,” Charlie replied as he followed Stanley out the door, and down the hall. He stopped walking when Stanley placed his hand on his chest.

“What?” Charlie wondered.

“I just got to ask you this. You know it’s been in my head for a long time but I think it’s silly. Not worthy enough to ask.”

“Ask me,” Charlie encouraged. “Is it on how to get your wife to do all the baby work and all you have to do is stand and be the pretty boy you are?”

Stanley rolled his eyes, not wanting to make a comment on it. No matter how tempting it was to know how to do that, he knew that Suze wasn’t a fool.

“Do you have a thing for my sister?”

Charlie processed the question that Stanley asked into his brain, and bit his lip. Should he tell him? Should he say that he was starting to like his sister? And that ever since they first had a conversation together he felt some kind of connection?

But it will be for nothing, Charlie thought. It’s just a faze. Or is it more than that?

He decided that he wasn’t going to tell him. It would for the best since he didn’t want him and Stanley to have problems in the future. The things Charlie has done to many broken-hearted girls…….

Charlie scoffed. “No…” He lied. “I don’t have a thing for your sister.”

Stanley shrugged. “Okay.” He was about to start walking but Charlie stopped him by putting pressure on Stanley’s chest with his hand.

“What?”

“What if I did have a thing for your sister? What would you do?” Charlie asked. He needed to know just in case; just in case he wouldn’t be able to resist himself when he saw Miranda again.

“I’ll just punch you senseless if you break her heart,” Stanley merely said with a shrug.

“And if I don’t?” Charlie said. Why did he even ask? Was there even a possibility that Miranda is the girl for him? The girl that can change his life for the better?

Stanley arched an eyebrow. “So you do like my sister?”

“In a way.”

“In what way? In a way where you just want to get her in bed or in the other way where you’re interested in her and you actually want to get to know her?”

“Honestly, from man to man, both,” Charlie said.

“You better pick the second one or you and I are going to have a problem,” Stanley warned.

“Don’t worry, Stan. It’s not like something is going to happen. She doesn’t seem interested in me anyway. She’s all over that Drew guy,” Charlie assured him with venom in his voice when he mentioned Drew.

“You never know Charlie. Anything can happen on Christmas Day,” Stanley said.

Charlie sighed as they were on their way to the hospital.

Stanley ran down the hallways of the Wasington Jackson Local Hospital. He left Charlie with Miranda at the front desk. He was giving him a chance to mingle with his little sister. Only because Stanley trusts him not to make any moves that Miranda would not approve of.

The front desk lady said that his wife was being held in Room 106C and that’s where Stanley was heading. When Stanley arrived to his destination, he came to stop in front of the window. He could see Suze laying on the hospital bed, asleep with tubes connected to her.

At that exact moment, the door opened to reveal a short blonde man with a hairy mustache, and wearing a long white coat.

“Hi,” He greeted. “You must be Mr. Hamilton.”

“How do you know who I am?” Stanley questioned, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

“Suze was explaining to me on how you are apart of the military and that she came on the New York flight with her sister-in-law to see you for Christmas. She did not have any idea that she was going to be in labor while in New York, specifically on the plane,” He told him. “I am Dr. Mark Smith, and I was the one who delivered your daughter.”

Dr. Smith let out his hand and Stanley shook it in respect.

“As you know I am Chief Stanley Jacob Hamilton, and thank you for assisting my wife,” Stanley said. “How could I ever repay you?”

“Oh, no, no, no. I am honored to be able to help a man who is greatly serving our country.”

“But there has to be something that I can do for you.’

“Well…I guess I can do with a new suit. Your wife drenched my old one with blood,” Dr. Smith suggested.

“Consider it already brought for you with a fifty in each pocket,” Stanley said.

“Oh, I can’t thank you enough,” Dr. Smith replied. “You don’t have to do this.”

“But I want to and my wife would appreciate if you accept my gift,” Stanley teased, knowing that it was a deal breaker.

“Okay, I will,” Dr. Smith accepted, eagerly. “But only because of your wife.”

“Can I please go in and see her?” Stanley asked.

“She is sleeping.’

“But I still want to be with her.”

Dr. Smith nodded. “You may go in but if she wakes up, do not stress her. She already has loss of blood, and I have to send someone to remove the blood tubes.”

“I won’t. I promise,” Stanley swore. He wanted to go and touch his warm wife so badly. Just seeing her beautiful face from a distance was so tempting.

“I’ll check up on you two later,” Dr. Smith then added sadly before walking down the hallway and taking the elevator, “I have a patient who is in a major case.”

Stanley entered the room, and walked over to his unconscious wife. Stanley sighed as he noticed the two blood tubes on her right arm, & her right leg. Suze was never going to forgive him for this. If he didn’t just stay with her then Suze would have been in the hospital when in labor, and she wouldn’t have lost so much blood. But if he did stay, he would have lost his job, and he wouldn’t be able to support his family.

Stanley placed his hand on her cheek and rubbed it softly. He leaned over the edge of the bed to give her a kiss on the forehead.

Then Stanley jumped to the sound of the door flinging open with a big bang. It startled Stanley while Suze just groaned and shifted in her sleep.

Stanley looked over at the door to see a young brunette nurse carrying a small baby wrapped in pink sheets with her left arm, and a small bed wheeler in another.

“I’m sorry for scaring ya’,” the young nurse said with a southern country accent in her voice. “Couldn’t open the door with ma’ hands. You must be the daddy. I’m Charlot.”

“Yes, I am the father. I’m Stanley Hamilton,” Stanley said.

“Hamilton?” Charlot repeated. “The Hamilton?”

Stanley plastered a cocky smile on his face. “You’ve heard of me?”

“Yes. You’re the Chief of Staff. Shucks, I’m so honored to thank you for saving my family,” Charlot told him.

“It was my pleasure.” Stanley glanced at the now crying baby in Charlot’s arms. Charlot set down the bed wheeler on the floor next to Suze’s bed, and picked the baby up with both hands.

“Is that really my daughter?” Stanley wondered.

“Yeah. Couldn’t you have guessed it? She’s got your eyes, your nose….” Charlot started babbling on and on about the similar features until Stanley said, “Can I please have her?”

“Sure. She’s yours,” Charlot handed him the weeping baby. Stanley took his baby girl and carried her placing her on his chest as she ceased to cry.

“Woo, did she have me tired,” Charlot complained. “Noelle was a real handful.”

“Noelle? Who’s that?”

“Noelle. Your daughter,” Charlot said as if she was talking to a five year old.

So Suze named her without him, Stanley thought. But he didn’t have a problem with that. He thought that the name Noelle is a nice name since it is Christmas Day. Stanley gazed into Noelle’s small eyes as she stretched her tiny hands and feet. She stuttered and made a few noises as she turned. She stared up at Stanley, and clanged on to him with the smallest strength that she had.

Stanley smiled. Maybe being a father wouldn’t be so hard.

Besides, she truly is a Christmas miracle.

Author's Note

I'm sorry that I was not able to upload sooner. I had some kind of virus on my computer and the protection program won't let me on chrome or explorer so I got someone today to put Internet on my mommy's laptop, and I copy and pasted Part 14 from word and here, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Part 14 is dedicated to @annairagcas for the beautiful banner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 12.3K 36
"How the fuck can an entire family go missing?!" "I don't know... I don't have the information that you need," I said causing him to sigh. A family o...
437K 28.5K 40
Logan and his bandmates had just finished with their concert and were on their way to the next location when they were in a horrible accident. Logan'...
30.5K 322 32
"I Didn't Wish For This To Happen." This is the story of four people going in different directions of their lives. Broken - Book One focuses mainly o...
66 0 22
When she finally gets tired of the bullshit and goes out to be alone but is met by the man of her dreams and still does not win.