come closer || nh au

By nothisiseileen

Violet is a usually quiet, book loving girl with a fable for online book blogs, tattoos and obsessing over Co... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty

nine

3.4K 66 31
By nothisiseileen

Niall: Is everything okay? Do you want to talk?

Violet: No, just leave me alone for a while.

I roll my eyes. Niall's been texting me during dinner. He just repeated his texts and asked, if I was okay and if I needed to talk. I shut him down many times but he won't stop texting me. He knows exactly what he did to me when he mentioned my father. He knows how touchy the topic of my father is to either Wesley or me and he had the audacity to go that far. Mere and I are texting in the girls chat right now but Mia and Riley are reading the messages, too.

Mere: Are you bringing the Wodka? Riley is bringing some Jägermeister and Mia is bringing baguettes. Other people are bringing mixing supplies and noodle salads.

Violet: Yeah, I'll bring some. What should I wear to the party?

Mia: Shorts and a cute top. Maybe a bralette?

Riley: Yeah, definitely something with a bralette ;)

Violet: Are you sure? I don't really want to attract anyone...

Mere: I saw Luke having an eye on you. I mean, you two dated and he's kinda cute.

Riley: I thought the same. He's relly nice. I'm sure he hasn't got any girl at the moment. He's not like Niall or Jake.

Violet: Can we just not talk about Niall anymore? Mere and I don't want to hear about him. He's a dick and we all know it.

Mia: Is there something you didn't tell us? Did you guys have something?

Violet: No, we didn't. I just got into an argument with him today after the auditions. It was nothing serious.

Riley: Girl, you better spill what happened. We're your best friends!

Violet: He just said some stuff about my Dad. It was nothing. I just got a little mad. It's nothing, really, just don't try mentioning it again. I'm kind of just trying to avoid him right now. He's just texting me about our photography project and I'm ignoring him.

Mere: You're doing a project together? Wtf?

Violet: Our teacher paired us. Guys, I got to go to bed. It's getting late. Just keep on texting, I'll see you tomorrow. Mere, I'll give you the strings, just remind me in the morning.

I close the Messenger app and open Snapchat, looking, if I have anyone that send me a snap. In that case, Niall send me a snap. I roll my eyes and discuss whether or not, if I should open it. I decide to open it. It shows a mirror selfie from Niall but it's a video, where he comes closer to the mirror, winking. He doesn't say anything but he wrote something.

Thought of you.

I roll my eyes again. Someday my eyes will get stuck like that. Soon enough another snap comes in. It's from Niall aswell. It's a picture now, so I open it. It shows him in front of the mirror again but now he has his hand down his pants. That's disgusting.

Still thinking about you.

I close that snap quicker than anything in my life. He probably send that to every girl in his snapchat contacts, aka all of the girls at school and some others. I close the app. Niall is too much. I can't deal with him any longer. He better not try to pull anything on me. Mere send me some memes over Instagram earlier, so I go to Instagram and look through the pictures I find. No one I know posted anything. Just as I want to go to my own profile to see, if my feed is still okay, a call pops up on my screen. It's a blocked caller ID. I take it.

"Hello, this is Violet Tucker?", I say, laying down and pulling my blanket up over my chest.

"Hey, it's Niall", he answers but I take the phone away from my ear a little, "Before you hang up let me say something."

I put the phone to my ear again, trying not to hang up immideately.

"What?", I spit.

"Listen to me until I'm done, okay?", he asks.

"Whatever", I mutter.

He breathes in deeply, before talking

"I'm sorry that I brought up your father earlier and probably hurt you quite a lot. I really am sorry and hope you can forgive me. I swear that I'll leave you alone as much as I can but we have to so this project together. We have to discuss ideas and get to know each other for that class. I told Wesley that we have this project together and we need to meet up and he said it's okay. Just tell me when you want to meet up and discuss the pictures we have", Niall explains.

"Whatever floats your boat, you send me a time and a day and I'll see, if I can make it happen", I mumble.

Shuffling is heard from Niall's side of the phone, as I stare at the ceiling above me. My eyes close, as he starts speaking.

"Okay, I'll send you something. Are you going to the party on Friday?", he asks, switching the topic.

What is he trying to do? Make me forget how I'm at him right now?

"Yes, I am. It's my best friends party, of course I'll be there, Niall. We are in a band, you idiot", I answer, rolling my eyes at the obvious.

He chuckles on the other side of the line. I roll over, so I'm now laying on my side and looking at the door with my phone on the side of my head that's not on the pillow.

"I thought you'd like some company at the party since Mia and Riley are mostly out smoking weed and Meredith will be occupied by the guests. I could hang around with you", he suggests.

No.

"What would you think that I'd like to hang around you, dickhead?"

He chuckles again and I can literally hear the smirk as he speaks.

"Seemed like you liked my presence earlier in the auditorium. I'd love to get down further with the little experience we had. It seemed like you wanted more. And that hickey of yours is making me kind of sad. It's so faded. Don't you think you deserve a new one soon?"

"You're so disgusting. Remember what Wesley told you, you pull something on me, he'll cut your tiny dick off, you understand?"

He chuckles yet again before speaking.

"I do remember but what can I help myself when you're so beautiful and make it so hard for me to resist", he says.

I scowl at him and hang up. He's such a dick controlled idiot. I really am trying to deal with Niall and maybe even start liking him as a normal human but he's making it really hard for me. He's just such an exhausting person. I won't let him hurt me like he hurt so many other girls in this town. It's so wrong of him and his friends to hurt innocent girls like that, including my best friend. Mere still feels bad since Niall took her virginity that night and he just let her fall like a rock out of a shoe. I check the clock, seeing it's almost 11:30pm. I should really get to bed. Suddenly I see a new message pop up. It's a new group, called "band".

Mere: Practice at my place tomorrow at 5:00pm. Don't be late.

Well, seems like I do have to see Niall again too soon. I sigh and put my phone away. How in the world am I going to survive high school any longer?

*****

I stop playing, as soon as I hear someone play the wrong chord. Justin also stops, seeming a little confused because I stopped. I put my hands to my face.

"Who played that D-chord instead of a C-chord?", I ask, feeling like ripping someone's head off any second.

Everyone stays silent while I procrastinate. What are we going to do? Niall's constantly forgetting the lyrics, Mere sucks at playing guitar, Justin is off beat often and I can't even focus on getting my shit right. Niall coughs awkwardly, as Mere raises her hand. She looks at me with an apologetic smile. I just nod.

"So, how about we try this differently. I can show you how to change the chords faster and cleaner, Niall can learn the lyrics and Justin, just try and focus on the rhythm", I suggest.

Niall, the dick he is, shakes his head. I glare at him while Mere comes over to me and Justin taps his foot on the ground to get the rhythm right.

"How about Miss I-Know-It-All shows us how
it's done since she can do everything, hm? I think you need to show us", Niall speaks.

"Fuck you, Niall. I ain't doing shit. Get your shit straight", I growl.

"You're the one that fucked up earlier by the way. You played a D-chord instead of a E-chord. I bet you can't even make out the difference", he challenges.

I shake my head and stand up from my stool. Niall also gets up from his and comes towards me. Soon enough we're face to face, only separated by our guitars. He smirks a little while I still glare at him. Justin and Mere are awkwardly silent, only a sniffle is heard from Justin.

"Fuck you", I breathe out.

"Nah, I'd rather let it out on you", he smirks.

I push him off of me, so he steps back a little. He looks down at me, chuckling.

"Well, how about we just continue as we are and play on? One or two mistakes won't be heard by a drunk and high crowd. I can't even make out people when I'm drunk", Niall suggests.

We all don't say anything but Mere goes back to her stool. She sits down and Justin does the same. I stand there with a slightly opened mouth, questioning what that was about.

"Close your mouth or flies will fly in, babe", Niall smirks from his position across from me.

I glare at him and sit back down. Justin counts down, se we all start playing. Niall is such an annoying idiot. He's just so exhausting to deal with as a person. He talks back so much and can't take another persons opinion or idea. I thought he'd be different.

"She's an extraordinary girl in an ordinary world and she can't seem to get away. He lacks the courage in his mind, like a child left behind, like a pet left in the rain", he sings while looking over at me.

I let my eyes sink to my fingers on the strings. Why did we decide on adding "Extraordinary Girl"? This song kinda sucks to play. It's just the same over and over. Mere and I start singing aswell. We decided to do it a little different than Green Day, afterall we're just a coverband.

Soon enough we're done with everything and I pack up my bass. I used Mere's amplifier since mine is so heavy and I'm too lazy to bring it and I'm here with my skateboard.

"Does anyone need a ride home?", Mere asks.

Everyone denies.

"Niall, can you take Violet? It's raining and I don't want her riding home in the rain. It's too dangerous to fall with that bass on her shoulders. I would be very thankful, if you could take her", Mere asks Niall.

"Hey, I'm not a baby. I can go home by myself. I don't need anyone driving me home", I tell them.

"You can barely cook pasta without burning the house down. You need someone to take you home and by the way, the rain would ruin your bass", she reasons.

"Justin could take me, couldn't you?", I smile at Justin, who's already done packing up his stuff.

Mere has an extra drum set for band rehearsals since her older brother used to play. That way we can always practice either here or at Justin's place.

"No, I can't. You live on the other side of town and I have to get home. My Mom'll kill me, if I ain't home for dinner", Justin explains.

I sigh. My eyes find Mere's, looking at her with pleading eyes. Niall stands next to her, his hands in his pockets with his guitar on his shoulders in the bag.

"Fine, I'll drive home with Niall", I give up.

Mere can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I give Niall a look that I'm ready to leave. He quickly shakes hands with Justin and goes in for a hug with Mere. She glances at me weirdly while hugging him. At least he knows how to say goodbye properly. We leave the house after I say my goodbyes to Justin and Mere, who whispers in my ear to text me as soon as I'm home. We go to Niall's driveway since he's
neighbors with Mere. I take my bass between my legs in the front seat. Niall lays his guitar on the backseat of his car. We drive in complete silence until we reach a red light and Niall turns on the radio. Nothing special comes on, so I look out of the car window.

"So, could we try and not behave like little children in the future? Could be please behave like grown ups and maybe even try to get along? I mean, you're Wesley's sister I'm his best friend. We should at least get along as mutuals", he suddenly speaks.

"How about we just try not to have too much contact and if we do, we just behave like normal people?", I mock him a bit.

"Why don't you like me, Violet? What have I ever done to you?"

"Well, you runied my brother, you slept with my best friend and broke her heart like you did with hundreds of other girls. I just don't want to be involved with such a person and I don't want my brother involved with someone like you", I answer truthfully.

Niall huffs a bit before turning into my street.

"If you could only see what I actually am like. You should come over sometime and meet my sister. That way we can do some stuff for the project and you get to know me more", he speaks up.

I shake my head.

"I'll text you. Just leave me alone tonight and the rest of the week, so I can think about everything", I answer.

He stops in front of my house, so I just exit the car and go inside the house. Mom doesn't even question who I was with and why but only lets me pass the kitchen to go up to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906K 30.7K 27
Renee Delilah Parker has never been too popular at school. She gets average grades, has two best friends and all she wants to do is get through her l...
62.4K 1.1K 27
Hi, My name is Harry, Harry Styles from One Direction. I have hundreds of girls falling at my feet and yet i am still depressed. I am Gay and I have...
100K 1.7K 22
Liam Payne has been secretly dating his One Direction band mate, Niall Horan, for months. Now that they've helped fix Louis and Harry's relationship...
6.7K 418 33
Life was suppose to be easier for musical prodigy Violet Ruther after she left America. She was suppose to start fresh; away from her mom and the dem...