What's Behind Curtain Number...

By Triszjhkha

Justice Knight is a spunky college student with a gay best friend, Henry, for a side kick. Or maybe it's the... More

Prologue
Let's Start At The End
The Askee
Not All Little Girls Wanted Unicorns
Waiting For Nothing
Too Gay To Notice
Many Isn't Always Merry
Taking Chances
Guts...
Just a moment of your life
Butterfly Kisses
I'd Come For You
~Almost~
I'm Movin' On
Time Will Reveal
I Won't Give Up
If I Ain't Got You *part1*
If I Ain't Got You *Part2*
Epilogue

A Little Bit Stronger

3.4K 55 0
By Triszjhkha

Compassion is no substitute for Justice. -Rush Limbaugh

Justice’s POV

“So this girl…” I ask. “Is she the one you’re in love with?”

It took a while for him to answer, that I wondered if he even heard me ask the question. So I was about to ask him again when he cut me short.

“She could be…” he said.

Hm, cryptic. I thought, definitely the one.

Of course being who I am, I needed to be all knowing and annoying enough for him to admit it.

Though, I knew by now that I needed to be careful with him. Cause he was good, he can take my words and make me eat it and spit it out again.

Worse was if he makes me eat it again.

“What do you mean?” I asked; acting annoyed. “Are you in love with several girls?”

“No.” he says, “It’s just, I know what she’s been through and I don’t want to cause her any pain.”

Definitely the girl he’s in love with it. I grinned and shook my head, amused.

“I think that that’s inevitable.” I say, “Anyone who is important to you can cause you pain…” I frown as I thought of an example, and there was no best one than- “I mean just look at my mom. She’s supposed to take care of me and all that jazz being a mom, but never did I have that opportunity with her.”

“And would you have wanted to?”

“Of course I would.” I admitted, “What kind of daughter wouldn’t want that? I mean, even Barbie has a mom she lied to…” I stared at my feelt this time, in wonder, “Why can’t I have that?”

“Cause you can’t have everything?” he answers, but ends up like a question as well.

“So is what I’m asking for so impossible now that I should just leave it to dreaming?” I ask back.

“Well, what do you think?”

This was exactly what I was afraid of.

Eating my words, spitting it out, and eating it again; I can’t even blame this one on him.

I thought about what we spoke of earlier, about Dan not being the reason I was scared to love.

I think he is right.

Dan isn’t the reason.

“I think she’s the reason I’m scared to love. I think she’s the reason I can’t trust… I think she’s the reason that I dream more than I should.” I thought aloud, “But that’s not even the worse part of it…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

… not even near.

I mean, she missed my birthday.

Left me to the maids and the butler.

Neglected me growing up.

Continuously belittled me.

Made me believe I was unimportant.                                                         

And had left me to be mothered by Henry’s mom.

Who the hell does that?!?

Ok, don’t answer that, as I’m probably not the only girl who was raised by people other than their mom.

But still.

Those people had acceptable reasons- like work.

She need not work, my dad told her that numerous times.

But then again, she wasn’t working, she was trying to make a name for herself.

The best house wife in the world.

Yeah, she was the best house wife.

But was the worse mother.

Of course, Xander can’t say the same.

Worse thing she did to him was to force him to marry some girl from an equally rich family- which he obviously turned down.

Other than that, she was beside him all the time he was growing up.

She was at every game, every recital and what not for Xander, but couldn’t even come or remember my own birthday.

Her only daughter’s birthday.

And that wasn’t the last time that that happened.

Unless you are wondering, no I didn’t celebrate my sweet 16 with the Knights, not even my debut.

All this I celebrated with the Andersons.

Not one year did they ever forgotten.

Well, my dad would have offered to do something for my 18th if he didn’t die a month before.

So really, my 18th wasn’t that happy anyways.

But this isn’t just about my birthday. No, this is for every single thing my mother did and didn’t do in my entire life.

“A car?”

“Yes.”

“What for?”

“Well, for school and-“

“You have a driver and the limousine, what do you need a car for?”

“Well, daddy said-“

“Your dad can’t be bothered of such stupid things, Justice.” She says as she read on her book, “Just as he can’t be bothered by every stupid thing that comes out of your mouth. Now go to your room and stay there, I’ll have you dinner sent there.”

“Why?”

“Your brother’s friends are here, I don’t want you to spoil there night.”

“The guys are coming over?” I asked, excited.

Of course I was friends with the jocks. And they were pretty cool, they would often update me of who’s who at school, even invite me to concerts or what not.

As long as I consider it a date of course.

For me, as long as it gets me out of the house, I’ll pretty much agree to anything. And also as long as Henry could tag along.

“You are staying in your room and staying away from the boys, do you hear me?” she snapped, “As if the neighbors needs anymore reasons to call you a whore.”

“What?”

“You heard me,” she sneered, “the neighbors call you a whore as they see you with different boys everyday.”

I frowned as I think of any time that a guy drop me off. The only one who’s allowed to drive me home was Henry, other than that I was with the driver.

“But I haven’t-“

“Shush! Do you really think I’ll listen to your lies?” she snapped, “I have had enough of this rebelling Justice, if I have to ship you off to some boarding school to get you away from this family and avoid any more disappointment to us, then I will.”

I could feel my eyes stinging. And it wasn’t the fact that she called me a whore.

But because of how she strongly believe that I was one.

I had enough of it, I ran out of the house and down the path, I manually opened the gates, after much argument with the guards and ran away. Far away from the very place that is suppose to keep me safe.

Tears ran down my cheek and try to wipe it away, but then I heard a loud blaring beside me.

And the last thing I could remember was a couple of headlights.

You would have thought that my mother would see the errors of her ways and change like in every stupid heart tugging event in my pathetic young life. But no, she even blamed me that I was acting up, that I was acting up and trying to win my dad to my side to get me that stupid car.

The moment my dad stepped out of the room to talk to the doctor she laid out hell and didn’t stop even when I was a wreck, shaking and crying.

That was how Xander found me.

“Justice, what’s wrong baby sis?” he asked, I just turned around and pushed him away. “Justice-“

“Just go away!” I screamed.

“Justice…”

“I don’t need you pity! I don’t need your attention!” I screamed, holding on my stomach as it grew more painful with every breath, “I lived alone my whole life, I lived without any of you my whole life so just leave me the f*ck alone!”

Xander just stared at me as I turned my back on him and rolled into a ball, and cried.

Suddenly I felt my bed dip and an arm wrap around me.

“No…” I hear Xander say. “I know you think you don’t need me, or that I never cared, but I do Justice. I always did, I just thought that you’d rather be on your own, to prove your worth, something you don’t need to prove. You are worthy of everything and anything you want for just being you.”

I cried as I listened to him. Then he reached for my comforter and pulled it up to my chin, “Your shaking, god…” then he reached for my forehead, “Your getting a fever…”

He reached for the button over head, but I reached for his hand.

He stared at me for a second then I shook my head and just rested his arms around me and I snuggled close to him.

“I’m sorry for shouting.” I whispered.

“It’s ok.” He said, “Mom upset you again?”  I gave a low nod, and he sighed, “You really should stop listening to her, sis, I have when she tried to hook me with that Brittany, Casey or what her face is.”

“Beatrice.” I corrected him as I wipe away the tears, “She’s actually pretty nice, though I’m glad you turned her down.”

“Why?” he asked, “Doesn’t pass your criteria for sister in law?” he teased.

I shook my head and turned around to face him.

“Cause she swings for the other team.” I whispered.

“Oh…” was all he said.

I giggled as I snuggled closer to him. He just smiled and set his arm underneath my head and pulled me closer to him.

And it was like a night of sleep beside Henry.

“And you aren’t to come here again, until she’s well.”

“What?”

“You’re stressing her out.” I hear Xander whisper- shout.

“Stressing her out?” she gave a sarcastic laugh, “For all we know, she ran in front of that car to get a bun out-“

“What the f*ck are you saying?” Xander snapped.

“That your sister isn’t what you think she is.” She snapped.

“I think I know what my sister is like, I spend an entire day looking after her, and so does my friends.”

I kept my eyes close, I didn’t want to be in the middle of their fight, nor do I want my mom’s attention on me.

“And you think she hadn’t try anything with your friends?”

“My friends are decent and so is my sister.” Xander says.

“Whatever floats your boat.”

“You know what, be like that! She’s right, maybe she doesn’t need us, cause quite frankly, she’s doing really well without you in her life.”

“What-“

“If you ask me, she’s a more decent lady than you will ever be, and I’m sure she’ll be a better mom than you are to her!”

This time I stirred and sat up, he was practically shouting, who can sleep through that?

“Xander…” I called for in him in a whisper. But my dad took the same moment to barge into the room.

“What’s going on here? Seriously, I can hear you way down the corridor.”

“Why don’t you ask you oh so amazing wife?” Xander snapped.

“Xander!” my dad snapped, “Watch your tongue.”

“Not if it’s her.” Xander sneered. “Can’t you see what she’s doing to Justice? She’s been suffocating her all our life, I can’t say a word cause she makes it worse for her.”

“What are you saying?”

“That its time you tell her the truth!” Xander snapped.

“The truth?” I asked.

They all turned to me this time.

“Justice, baby, how are you feeling?” my dad asked.

“What’s going on?” I ask, pushing aside his question.

“It’s nothing-“

“It’s not nothing!” Xander snapped, “I swear dad, if you don’t tell her now, I’ll pack up our things and leave you.”

“Xander…” I hear mom say, almost pleading.

“Shut up!” Xander snapped.

“Xander, what’s going on?” I asked, I pulled the sheets up to my chin.

I have never seen my brother so mad, nor have I seen my dad looking undecided.

Xander instantly moved to my side and hugged me, “I’m sorry, it’s fine… big brother’s here…”

“Xander what’s going on?” I asked again.

Then he turned to dad, “Will you do it?”

Dad stared at us for a moment and then sighed and nodded. He sat at the foot of my bed and stared at his hand.

“Before you were born, your mom got sick and underwent a lot of procedures to get well. That time we didn’t know that she was pregnant. When we finally did, we found out that you were too weak because of all the tests and the medicine that your mom had to take. The doctor’s advice was to let you go.”

I gasp, as Xander held me tighter in his arms.

“But your mom can’t do that, somehow she knew that you would be a blessing, that you would be more than amazing.” He says with a smile, one that held love and longing as he relived that memory. “She decided to keep you. But we made a deal that if there were any more complications found in you, like a weak heart or deformity, we would have to let you go. We didn’t want you to live a hard life, sweetheart, one which we can’t control. But for some reason you were perfect… strong lungs, ten fingers and ten toes, beautiful inside and out…” he paused and glanced at me for a second, “That was after a few months that your mom stopped all her medications, that she would weaken. The doctors tried their best to keep her alive through the birth, but a month before you were to be born, she was already dying.”

“She chose you over her own life Justice,” he said; then he laughed, “she named you Justice, it was just a joke of hers that stuck on me… she said that she knows you will be more than amazing… that we will all be better with you here… her words were she would give justice to my short lived life…” he paused and looked up at me, “And you did, baby, you did… more than any of us expected.”

I shook my head and looked up to the woman behind him.

“I don’t get it…” I said, “If my real mom died…”

“I remarried, thinking that you would need to have a mother to watch over you and guide you…” he said, “I didn’t know that she will be doing the exact opposite.”

I stared at him then at Xander and I stifled a laugh, “You’re joking right?” I said. “This is all a joke… haha, joke’s on Justice!” I said.

“Justice…”

“No Xander, please… please tell me it’s a joke.”

“Why?” he asked. “Why would you prefer for it to be a joke?”

“Cause then I would know that I didn’t grew up so pathetic and weak for a woman that isn’t even my mother.”

“Justice-“

“Can someone call Henry please?” I said as I pull away from Xander, “I need Henry…”

Xander nodded and pulled out his phone.

I lied back in bed, turning my back at my dad.

For the first time ever, I was disappointed of him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Are you serious?”

“Yep.”

“All that time?”

“Yeah…”

“But that time with you and your dad when he asked you if you were happy…?”

“It happened after all that.” I said, “It was one reason living there became easier.”

“Cause you know the truth.” He said.

“That and because I learned that I didn’t need anyone’s approval to be who I am.” I said. “I think I just turned 17 that time. It was a couple of months before we found out of dad’s cancer.”

“Oh wow, that’s just like… a big scene on a movie and then boom!”

I laughed, “I don’t think I have that much action in my life.”

“I bet.” He teased.

“Urgh, no puns!” I said, making the audience laugh along with him.

“Wait, I don’t get it, how come you said that she’s probably the reason why you’re scared to love and trust?”

“Cause I loved her like a daughter would love a mother. But she never saw me as one, yet I still did. Only to end up that she wasn’t in the position to love me as her daughter cause I was never her daughter. Neither did I need to love her as she wasn’t my mother.”

“But you still care for her?”

“She’s the mom I grew up knowing…” I sighed, “no matter how horrible she is, she’ll always be the mom I knew and loved.”

“Well, that solved your problem then.” He says.

“What problem?”

“Your love and trust issues.” He pointed out. “You just have to see beyond all of the things you expected. Just go with it.”

“Go with it?”

“Yeah…” he says casually, “I mean, I can’t say that you learned to love your step mom or whatever she is, but you did love her, even after you found out who she really is. So why not do the same now? It may not be easier, but it would be easier to cut it off, right?”

“Don’t be silly, I can’t just break up with every guy who I think is wrong.”

“But you can break up with every guy who hurts you.” he said, “You may not need to trust or love them from the very start, but you can take the risk of knowing if they are worth the pain.”

“I guess…”

“You guess?”

I chuckled, “Sorry, I mean, I agree.”

“That’s much better.” He says, “Now it isn’t such an impossible dream, is it?”

“No it isn’t…” I said with a smile.

“Well, now I think I’ve done my good deed for the day.” He says.

I laughed, “Then it’s my turn.” I said.

“Your turn?”

“Yeah, I’d like to help you out too.” I sat up on the chair, excited.

”Help me with what?”

“Well, I know you had a rough childhood, but that all’s well now- or pretty much, from what I heard from you.” I say looking back, “There’s this girl you love right now, but I don’t know anything about her, and seeing I am not that good in that department I won’t be pushing my luck there…”

He and the audience laughed while I giggled. Yes- giggled, which took me by surprise, cause I can’t even remember the last time I giggled.

“I think you do know how to love, there’s your brother and those two guys… and your dad, I know very well that you hurt so bad after your dad so you loved him very much. And…” he sighed, “that douche, of course. You cried hard, he made you think that you don’t know how to love, but you really did, he broke your heart didn’t he?”

“I guess…”

“And what about that guy in high school, that guy with a b*tch for a girlfriend?”

I chuckled, “He’s nothing… I bet he doesn’t even remember me.”

“And how do you know that?”

I frowned, “Cause…”

“Cause?”

I sighed as the scene earlier with me and Liam ran through my mind.

“Cause he’s the third guy in my small family.” I said in almost a whisper.

“What?” he asked, surprise. “Are you serious?!”

“Yeah…”

“And he never made a move on you?”

“Well…”

“Oh! Oh!” he laughs, “He did make a move on you!”

“It was nothing, just a little moment…” I shook my head.

“Wait, let me get this straight.” He said. “You’ve been friends with him and he doesn’t know it’s you?”

“Yes.” I said.

“How is that even possible? Did you pull off a face off?” he chuckled and some audience joined him.

“Almost like that I guess.” I said.

“What?!”

I sighed, “Ok, let’s just say that I’m not really from a simple family…” I said carefully, “I might actually be an heiress and had decided to leave my past by changing some of my physical appearance.”

“You what?!”

“Nothing major!” I shook my head. “My brother didn’t want my face touched or change even if it’s for security purposes, he said he likes the idea that I look like our mom. So we had my eyes changed, hair color to permanent black… Then when I was in their school I had to put a wig and tweak a few things, like my eye color… my best friend enjoyed that a lot.”

“Seriously?” he asked surprised, “And you pulled it off too.”

“I don’t know.” I whined, “I should have never said that… forget about it.”

“No, no, no…” he said, “I’m sorry, it’s just… now I’m all confused. I mean, wow… all that for security?”

“No.” I said. “All that so I can start over.”

“And this guy, Jock, he never asked? Or he never noticed?”

“I think he did.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I could have changed physically, but you can’t change me from the inside can you?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ok, try it now.” I said as I wipe the oil from my hand.

Henry ran inside his car and started it, and it sounded perfect.

I threw my hands up and jumped, “Sounds way better.” I said.

“Definitely does.” He says as we exchanged high five. “Thanks, Tease.”

“No problem, it’s been a while since we’ve acted like little grease monkeys.”

“For a reason too.” He says as he checked his reflection on the window making me laugh.

“Whatever.” I said. “I missed this.”

“So did I.” he says throwing an arm over my shoulder. “Anyway, I need to go, I have to get to that date. Will you be fine here? Or do you want to change?”

We both looked at my clothes, my skinny jeans was covered with oil, my shirt stained with some dirt.

“No worries, I have a razorback underneath, its pretty hot, I think I can walk around to class with that on.”

“You sure?” he raised a brow, “I mean, you’ve been having guy problems dressing like that.”

I laughed and pushed him back, and pulled off my shirt revealing the razorback I have on underneath, “Then they can just drool all over this.”

He laughs and shook his head. “Whatever floats your boat, Tease.”

“Anyway, you should go.” I reminded him, “I swear, the guys you’ve been dating are getting too spoiled by you, I mean, I know you are the guy in the relationship but, c’mon… I’m the guy on this relationship-“

He throws the rag at my face making me shut up, as he laugh and close the hood of his car.

“Get to your class, Justice.” He says walking back to the car.

“Yes dad.” I said as I toss him my shirt, “Wash that when you get home, it’s my favorite shirt.”

“Yes mom.” He teases back and stepped into his car, “See you later!”

“See you!” I said back and watch him drive off.

I sighed and grabbed my bag and walked back to my building.

“Hey, hey miss!” I turned around and saw three guys in front of a car, hood popped open.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Well, I saw you helping that dude with his car, I was wondering if you can help me out with mine?” he says, blushing.

“Uhm, sure…” I said.

“Alright.” He jumps, “I’m Kevin these are my boys, Jack and Fred.”

“Hey boys, I’m Justice.” I say with a wave.

“Justice…” they repeated with a nod, and caught them giving me a look.

I rolled my eyes and turn my back at them, I turned my bag to the side and checked over the hood. “So what’s the problem?”

“We’re not really sure.” Kevin sighed from behind me, “I think its blockage.”

“Blockage?” I asked checking out his gas lines. “On what?”

“You.” he says, “You just have to lose those clothes, baby girl.”

I frowned and turned around. He was about half a foot away from me.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, “Right, not happening.”

I try to push him away but he grabbed me by the arm, “Wait a minute, baby girl, let’s get acquainted first, you know? Check out the exterior before going under the hood.”

“Get your hands off me!” I snapped.

“Jas?” my eyes widened when I heard him the voice.

We all turned around and I saw Liam staring at us.

“Liam…” I whispered.

“Hey get out of here freshman.” Kevin says.

Liam glared at him, “I think the girl said to get your hands off her.”

I took that opportunity to wriggle out of his hold and ran toward Liam.

“And don’t you dare touch her again.” Liam says.

He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me out of there.

We reached his car before he turned me to face him, “You ok?” I nodded not looking up at him, “I hope that wasn’t your boyfriend or else I’m in deep shit.”

I shook my head, “He wasn’t.” I said in almost a whisper, “He was a douche.”

He laughed, “He sure was.”

“I’m sorry you had to see that Liam…”

“You know me?” he asked.

I looked up at him, surprised.

“I’m sorry, I mean…” he sighed, “You looked like a friend of mine, it was the only reason I stopped and had to check. But I guess you just look like her.”

“Oh…”

“Yeah…” he smiled, “Anyway, uhm, you sure you’re alright?”

“Y- yeah… I think…”

“You’re shaking…” he says and pulled out his plaid shirt and put it on me, rolling down the sleeves which went beyond my hands.

He chuckled, “It isn’t your style but-“

“I think I can work this.” I said. “I’m Justice.”

“Liam…” he said. “But you already know that.”

“Yeah, uhm, I use to be in your class in high school. But just one sem, I had to leave with my dad.”

“Really? Was it like senior-“

“Junior year.” I said, “I was a nobody, no one noticed.”

“Well, I would have if I knew you.” he said. then he looked at my face again, “Uhm, I don’t know how to tell you this but…”

I stared at him, scared that he might have seen through the whole hiding and changes in my face.

“You have grease on your cheek.” He said.

“I do?” I asked wide eyes.

“Yeah…” he chuckled. “Here, let me help you…”

He unlocked his car and pulled out a tube of wet wipes.

“My sisters always leave things behind in my car.” He said as he hand me the wipes.

“Sisters?” I asked, getting nervous, “Are they here?”

“Oh, no…” he shook his head as he watched me wipe off the grease. “They’re big dreamers, I just wanted to stay home for a few years.”

“I see…” as I continue to wipe the grease off me, not knowing if I’m getting any of it off.

“Let me help you.” he said, taking the wipe from my hand.

He reached for my chin and tilted it up to face him and he gently wipe off the grease, giving it his full attention.

“I hate to be your girlfriend right now.” I said, trying to make the situation less awkward.

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” He said, “I’m not looking for one either.”

“Really?” I grinned, “Well, a lot of girls would be disappointed.”

He chuckled, “Will you be one of those said girls?”

“I don’t want to burst your bubble, but no.” I sighed, “I’m engaged.” I raised my hand and showed him the ring.

“Oh, well…” he gave me an amused look, “I hate to be your boyfriend right now.”

I laughed, “You won’t see him here.” I sighed, “He’s probably out with his friends or something.”

“There.”  He stepped back and tossed the use wipe on the nearby trash bin. “So, your fiancé already graduated?”

“Nope, he just goes to another college.” I said, or that was what I thought, anyway.

“Well, he’s a lucky man.” He says smiling at me. “Getting a wife who knows about cars, there will be no reason to be scared of breaking down anywhere.”

I laughed, “I’ll make sure to tell him that.”

He then stared at me, “Its funny how you look a lot about my friend…” he sighed, “She’s to be married too you know, probably already married actually, and she loves cars too. I even thought she was lesbian at some point.” He smiled, reminiscing. “But she was as lady like right down to the end.”

“She must be some girl if you talk about her like that.” I said.

“She is…” he nods and smiled at me. “She is.”

“Well, I hope she’s doing well.”

“So do I.” he said, “I’d love to show her how I am now.”

“How you are?”

“Yeah, I mean, I don’t think she’d be proud that I am being flagged as a man whore, but…” he chuckled, “forget about it Justice, I’m talking crap. You have class?”

“Yeah, but I’m about fifteen minutes late and the professor is like from hell, so I’m free now.” I said.

“Well, uhm you want to get some ice cream?” he asked, “Sorry, its not a pick up line or anything- well, unless you want to, cause I can see why those douche tried to corner you- but I just need a friend really. And I think you’d be a good one.”

“Well, as long as you don’t think of me as that long lost friend of yours, then we won’t be having any problems.”

He laughs and nods, “Deal.” We shook our hands, “Besides, I don’t think I’d get off the hook with her after that lame explanation of not getting in your pants or anything. She would have whacked me on the head.”

I laughed, “I would have too if I didn’t owe you after saving me from the three stooges and giving me a hand wipe.”

He raised a brow, amused. “Easy girl, I should have asked to get in your pants, darn it!”

I laughed and playfully hit him on the chest.

“Anyway, c’mon.” he said, “I know this little ice cream shop with the best chocolate mint ice cream.”

“Choco mint?” I raised a brow.

He grinned as he unlocked the car and opened the car door for me. “I hope you don’t mind, I’m addicted to mint.” He chuckled, “That old friend of mine pointed that out to me too.” He said. “In fact, I think she’s the one who brought me to that shop.”

“Well, I don’t think there’s anything wrong reliving the old days.” I said.

We went to that ice cream shop where I saw him a year ago, lost in thoughts. Right after the break up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hm…”

“What?” I asked.

“That sounds a bit familiar.” He said.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Nothing, just a little juggle in my memory…” he sighed, “Anyway, he didn’t recognize you?”

“He did.” I said, “Just not physically.”

“And from then on you’ve been friends?”

“Yeah,” I said, “we’d always hang out when my best friend and brother is out. Well, if he isn’t too busy with whatever crazy art attack he’s doing.”

“Art attack?”

I chuckled, “He’s supposed to be an artist.” I said. “And he is. An amazing one I should say.”

“Hm, maybe I know him…”

“I won’t be surprise if you do.” I said. “Anyway, there. All my secret is out.”

“And is that cool?” he asked, a bit worried. “I mean, if it’s for security purposes-“

“I’ll be fine.” I said, “I’m not that important to the family… or to the business, so no worries.”

“Oh…”

“Anyway!” I said, not wanting to elaborate any more. “It’s my turn to help you.”

He chuckled, “On what…”

“Let me think…” I rethink of every conversation we had on the past half hour or so.

“We’re not getting younger out here, dudette.” He teased. “Some people have to be somewhere.”

And that gave me an idea.

“What about you? Don’t you have anywhere to be after?”

“Well, I want to catch my friends at the bar.” He says, “They’re probably wasted by now.”

“And what’s in it for you?” I asked.

“Nothing, I just get to be with them.”

“And?”

“That’s it.”

“That’s where I’ll help you.” I said. “I need to make you love yourself.”

“What?”

“Love yourself.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

533 29 14
Life can be messed up for real. It comes with lots of shocking unexpectations and painful realities and trust you find so hard to escape. My life...
4.8K 658 21
"I'm a messed up girl." Sigh, peek through lashes, then "Most of the time I either overreact, or I don't react at all. There's a numb spot where my h...
1.3K 43 16
There's a new unpopular girl named Jay and a popular girl named Jasmine. Jay is a lesbian who's out to everyone while Jasmine is also a lesbian but...
153K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...