unspoken - phan

By MeeHidden

Dan, depressed and anorexic, gave up on speaking years ago. He was lost in alcohol and loneliness until a bla... More

lies.
invisible.
noises.
decisions.
darkness.
too young.
smoke.
selfish.
clamor.
something.
fire.
tuesday.
beautiful.
thin.
heartbeat.
almost.
here.
for some time.
friends.
not alone.
bubble wrap.
silent.
reminded and forgotten.
cold hearted.
like or love.
me neither.
i've got you.
pressure.
lost connection.
stared at.

nobody.

2.2K 73 16
By MeeHidden

My head was aching and I just felt weak. I wanted to stay at home, but I couldn't miss school in my first week there.

I stumbled downstairs and headed to the kitchen. I opened the fridge but there was only a bottle of wine, toast and yoghurts.
I wasn't hungry at all but I felt that empty and sick feeling in my chest and stomach, that always came up before passing out.

So I grabbed an apple and ate it halfway. Everything in me screamed after more but I refused and threw the rest away.

I left the kitchen and went back upstairs into the bathroom. I lifted my pullover and stared in the mirror. I could easily count my ribs, but there was still fat. My fingers stroked over my sharp hipbones, but my belly was still not flat.

I sighed and pulled my pullover over my head. I clutched my fingers around my wrist and wandered up to my elbow. My fingertips stopped touching and I tried hard, but there was too much fat on my upper arm. 

I turned away, fully undressed and stepped into the shower.
Cold water ran down my skin and I closed my eyes.

It was the apple.

My mind kept telling me.

It was the apple.

>•<

I entered the classroom, still slightly tired. "Howell right? You're late" The teacher said and I just nodded.

My anxiety left me alone today, replaced by white emptiness, which was more of a dark grey considering the lack of light in my life.

I didn't even had time to straighten my hair, but that didn't matter.
Nobody would notice.

I sat down and let the hours went by.
The teachers wouldn't ask me anything, they knew I wouldn't answer and my classmates knew what a weirdo I was. Nobody talks to weirdos. So I just stared at the table, wondering if this hell would ever end. This circle of loneliness and pain.

And in the first break I saw Phil sitting on a bench with his friends. His fringe slightly messed up from the wind. His blue sweater with curled up sleeves. He laughed.
I recognized the boy from PE who caused my panic attack and I knew they had talked about me.
I knew Phil had told him about my muteness and all of a sudden they saw and started staring at me.

He's so weird.
Freak.
First I thought he was okay but well, I was wrong.

I closed my eyes. My thoughts were taking over again. I breathed in and out, opened my eyes and still felt glazes on me.

I grabbed my notice book and opened the first page.

'I'm mute'

I sighed. There was no need for this book anymore.
My parents didn't talk to me that much.
My teachers ignored me.
And I didn't have any friends.

No one would ever talk to me again.
No one wanted to and jesus fucking christ I wanted it neither.
I was an awkward, odd and fucked up teen. I didn't deserve conversations and I was done with them.

Back to endless silence, I thought.

I walked towards a dustbin and threw the little, black book in it.

I didn't need it.
I was alone and inexistent.

I was nobody and nobodies don't speak or write words on pages, no one would ever read.

I lifted up my head and for less than a second I made eye contact to the pitch black haired boy.

I was nobody.
And nobodies didn't live.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 145 14
Phil has a massive crush on Dan, and it keeps getting bigger with every passing moment of his life. Phil is always envious when Dan gets in a relatio...
3.5K 212 31
When Phil, one of the nicest guys at school, starts falling down the hole of depression and getting bullied, he meets Dan, the popular fuck-boy of th...
183K 6.1K 20
[Trigger warning: Suicide, self-harm, eating disorders, and depression is mentioned many times in this story. Do not read if those things could trig...
155K 5K 17
Phil is the new patient at an adolescent mental health unit. A young Dan is told to keep an eye on him but apparently, not caring causing things to g...