My Happy Ending

By livelaughluv451

All Amber Walker wants is a happy life. She was always wanted to get a perfect boyfriend, have a perfect marr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue (Last Chapter )

Chapter 34

35.6K 436 29
By livelaughluv451

“Are you sure?” Noah asked me with a hesitant tone.

                I tried not to roll my eyes. He has asked me almost ten times since we left the house. It took a lot to convince him to change into his uniform and drive us back to school. I felt guilty about making him miss his last game so there was no way I was making him miss this one.

                “I’m absolutely sure now go!” I shoved him towards the field but he didn’t even stumble forwards. Instead, he pulled me into a quick hug.

                Before I had enough time to wrap my arms around him to return the hug, he pulled away and ran down the field. I stood there dazed for a couple seconds but quickly snapped out of it as the cheerleaders huddled around me.

                “Hey Amber. How have you been?” Lexi asked.

                She stood right in front of me and wore the cheerleading uniform, which consisted of a low-cut top and a really short skirt. It made me wonder what the principal was thinking when she chose this uniform for them.

                I rolled my eyes at her. Her bullying doesn’t faze me anymore. I have gone through a lot worse than simple high school girl’s teasing.

                “Hi Lexi. I’ve been good. What about you?” I asked, mimicking her false polite tone.

                “I see you chose to ignore our warning,” She said, her eyes narrowing. I rolled my eyes.

                “Oh yeah, thanks for that,” I said sarcastically. She gave a mysterious smile.

                “That was nothing compared to what will happen if you don’t keep your paws off Noah,” She threatened. I scoffed.

                “Paws? So now I’m an animal? What kind of animal? Am I a dog? A cat? A bunny? Maybe I’m a tiger. Tigers have paws,” I said. By the time I was done, Lexi looked confused but she covered it up with another cat smile.

                “How about I just give you a couple punches?  I mean, your face couldn’t get any more messed up so there’s no harm done,” She said stepping closer.

                I wanted to call her bluff but I saw her hands ball into fists. I stepped back and someone slung their arm around my shoulder.

                “Just leave her alone Lexi,” A familiar voice said.

                Drake.

                I thought about the day he broke Alice’s heart and I want to stomp on his foot until it breaks. Instead, I put on a fake smile.

                His helmet hung in his hand, which was slung across my left shoulder. Again, I imagined a violent way to hurt him.

                “So you’re banging him too, huh? Slut,” Lexi scoffed.

                I was about to give her a sarcastic remark but Drake beat me to it.

                “If I remember correctly you got rejected by both me and Noah. Oh and Amber is banging either of us,” Drake said.

                “I wish,” He whispered into my ear. This, time I did stomp on his foot.

                I tried to do it discreetly but I got a feeling it didn’t work too well. Lexi didn’t seem to notice Drake’s wince though.

                “Yeah right! Besides, I’ve been with guys that were way better than you!” She screamed.

                By now, a small crowd was started to form around us, but I ignored him.

                “You rejected her?” I whispered into Drake’s ear. He winked at me.

                “I don’t do seconds,” He mumbled back, looking straight ahead. Again, I restrained myself from hurting him.

                Lexi stormed away from us, making me sigh in relief. Now that she was gone…

                I turned to Drake, my hands itching to punch him. He seemed to guess my actions because he grabbed my arms and pinned them against his chest.

                “Before you punch me or worse let me explain,” He said. I struggled to pull my hands free.        

                “Fine. Explain then I can punch you or worse,” I said calmly. I stepped back and waited expectantly.

                He smiled slightly. “First, I want to apologize-,”  He started.

                “It doesn’t matter how many times you apologize. It won’t make me any less mad or Alice any less hurt,” I interrupted.

                “Fine, I won’t apologize. But I never meant to hurt Alice. Yeah, I only asked her out to try to get to you, because honestly, you’re really hot,” He said. I frowned at him and opened my mouth to protest, but he started again.

                “But then I got to know her and actually like her. And me, being to super-hot and awesome player was scared,” He said. 

                Wow, his ego was even bigger than Noah’s, and that was saying something. And in his own way, what he said was kind of sweet.

                “Fine, apology accepted. But if you ever hurt her again, I will get Noah to break your face,” I threatened. He grinned, looking like the Cheshire Cat.

                “Thank you!” He said. He lifted my feet off the ground as he hugged me tightly.

                “If you don’t let go of me right now, I am going to unaccept your apology,” I gasped. Immediately, Drake let go and I was pulled back a couple steps.

                “Not cool, man,” Noah said beside me. He actually sounded sort of angry. Drake converted his face into an innocent one.

                “Bye Amber! And thanks,” He said quickly, jogging towards the field. I turned to Noah.

                “You should probably go too,” I said.

                He looked like he was about to protest so I gave him the hardest shove I could muster. This time, he did move forwards a few steps. Luckily, he kept walking, but not without shooting me a pleading look over his shoulder. I shook my head and pointed at the field. I smiled as he hung his head and kept moving.

                Now, I made my way to the bleachers and tried to find Alice. I spotted her wild red hair immediately and sat down beside her. Just as I opened my mouth to tell her about Drake’s conversation with me she spoke.

“I know. I heard everything,” She said.

                “So do you accept his apology?” I asked her. She looked hesitant but nodded.

                “Yeah I guess I do,” She said nodding. I smiled.

                “Oh and for the record, you are totally a bunny person,” Alice said.

                I gave her a weird look. Then I remembered my conversation with Lexi.

                “Paws? So now I’m an animal? What kind of animal? Am I a dog? A cat? A bunny? Maybe I’m a tiger. Tigers have paws,” I had said.

                I had to laugh at Alice.

                “Then you would be a ferocious lion,” I said. She gave a fake growl, making both of us laugh.

                A couple hours later, the game was finished. We, of course, won 6 to 54. Right now, the whole team was jumping up and down and waving their hands above their heads crazily.

                A nervous feeling bubbled through my middle. The memory of Lexi jumping on Noah and kissing him their last win was still very fresh in my mind. Luckily, they were on opposite sides of the fields but every time Lexi even took a step in his direction, my stomach would jump. I tried to push away my paranoia.

                “Are you going to the after party?” Alice asked me.

                I managed to tear my eyes away from the field to look at her. It was impolite to look somewhere else while a person is talking to you. I have a faint memory of my mom reminding me of that rule, even though I was only four and could barely understand.

                “I don’t think so. I mean I wasn’t invited,” I told her.

                She looked at me as if I was missing something obvious. “Noah was invited.”

                “So?”

                “Of course he’ll bring you!” She said, still giving me that same look.

                “Yeah right. Why would he bring me?” I scoffed.

                Alice stared at me in a way that said why are you so naïve?

                “Why wouldn’t he bring you? You guys hang out a lot,” She said. I rolled my eyes.

                “Yeah, as friends. Besides, going to a party will give him a chance to get laid. It’s not like he’s had many chances to that with me always hanging around.” Saying this made me angry but I tried to ignore the feeling. I was the one who suggested it, so I didn’t understand the feeling.

                “No luck with that huh?” Alice asked me with a sad tone.

                I laughed nervously and looked away. I hope she didn’t notice.

                “Which brings me back to my point. Why would he bring me there?” I asked. My desperate grasp to change the subject seemed to have worked.

                “Don’t you know….?” She asked me. I felt my stomach drop.

                “Know what? Is he sleeping with someone? I bet it’s Lexi, isn’t it. She’s like the hottest girl in school, of course it’s her. I don’t know why I didn’t expect it sooner. He is a player and players have basic needs which I haven’t been providing. Of course he had to-,” I was cut off abruptly by Alice slapping a hand over my mouth.

                Funny how that’s happened twice today already.

                “Amber, calm down. I’m pretty sure he isn’t sleeping with anyone,” She surprised me by laughing.

                “Then what is it?”
                “If you haven’t realized already, I’m not going to tell you.”
                “That’s not fair!” I complained. She just shook her head.

                “You are so naïve,” She told me.

                “Just tell me!” I said in an exasperated tone. She grinned and pretended to lock her mouth and throw away the key. I groaned.

                I turned back to the field and saw Noah making his way up the bleachers and towards us. I got a light feeling in my middle.

                “Can Amber be your plus one to the after party?” Alice blurted out as soon as he was in front of us. I glared at her.

                “I thought your mouth was locked,” I commented a little annoyed. She turned sideways to wink at me and silently reminded me of our past conversation.

                “Then what is it?”
                “If you haven’t realized already, I’m not going to tell you.”

                I wanted to pull my hair out. What didn’t I know?
                “I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Noah answered uncomfortably.

                I smirked at Alice and gave her an I told you so look.

                “Why not?” Alice shouted at him.

                “Alice,” I warned but she pretended not to hear me.

                “Amber tends to be very flirtatious when she’s drunk,” Noah said, halfway smiling at me.

                “What do you mean?” I asked.

                “Don’t you remember?” He asked.

                “What did I do?” I asked. I didn’t remember anything from the last party except that Drake was pouring some kind of drink for me and Noah refused to have more than one.

He laughed but didn’t answer me.

                “So she won’t drink,” Alice told Noah. I rolled my eyes.

                “I’m still here,” I said but again I was ignored by Alice.

                “I guess it’s okay if she promises not to drink any alcohol,” Noah said looking directly at me.

                “I don’t have anything to wear,” I protested. This time, Alice acknowledged my words.

                “She can come to my house and I’ll find her something to wear. We’ll meet you out in front, okay?” Alice asked. Noah nodded and turned to me.

                “I’ll see you there,” He said. He leant forwards, like he was about to say something else, but stopped and walked away.

Next chapter will be the party chapter. I’m trying to decide if I should do it in Noah’s POV or Amber’s. Which one do you think I should write it in?

I hope you liked this chapter and I want to thank the person this chapter is dedicated to for being a loyal fan all the way through an just for loving this story :D

Vote for early upload: 46

Next Upload: Friday ~sorry for the long wait but if you want an early upload you better vote ;) ~

Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2M 283K 50
Madeline Stone knows where her future is heading-her family has that part all figured out. On her twenty-first birthday she is stealing a few moment...
3.2M 186K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
1.5M 73.3K 49
One crazy night. One drunken mistake. One careless hookup. Noah Brown never thought he would return to his hometown again. Sophia Stone never thou...
388K 9.4K 30
Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything seems fine before she starts her new sc...