The Inbetween Cult

By MadelineTempleton1

We scope every group; annoying jocks, girly cheerleaders, insane book smarts, suicidal emos, weird gamers, wo... More

chapter one - mustard-covered shoes
chapter two - wall
chapter three - hot coffee and big clothes
chapter four - since when?
chapter five - confessions
chapter six - torture
chapter seven - well
chapter eight - hang out
chapter nine - clean
chapter ten - it's yours
chapter eleven - babysitting
chapter twelve - stars
chapter thirteen - carnival
chapter fourteen - tears
chapter fifteen - make it up to me: part one
chapter seventeen - one month later
chapter eighteen - two months later
chapter nineteen - kiss me: part one
chapter twenty - kiss me: part two
chapter twenty-one - new
chapter twenty-two - hard
chapter twenty-three - what?
chapter twenty-four - forgive and forget
chapter twenty-five - epilogue

chapter sixteen - make it up to me: part two

22 0 0
By MadelineTempleton1

Casey

After a delicious linner, it's around six or seven and Haze and I are heading to our second destination.

"Can I have a hint?" I ask, begging to know where we're going.

"Nope."

"Haze, please! Come on!"

"No way, Kitten!"

"You're such a dick." I fold my arms and look out the window. "First you're flirting with Slut, now you won't just give me a hint. I don't even know why I hang out with you.

He laughs. "Damn, you really hate me." He sighs loudly. "Fine!" He takes the back of my hand and kisses it, then my shoulder. "It's somewhere you love even more than your house. Or Hair's house, or my house, or Jovie's house. Or  Red Lobster."

"Damn," I say.

"Now keep quiet about hints, I'm not giving out any more."

I smile. "Good enough for me."

He winks and I swallow, looking out the window, his thumb doing circles on my thigh, giving me shivers.

When we arrive at the store, I about scream in happiness.

"VERTIGO?!" I cry.

"I'm letting you pick out three records. Choose wisely."

I whip around and grab his face. "I COULD FUCKING KISS YOU!"

He grins. "You could."

I stare at him, then clear my throat and sit back. "But I'm not going to. I'm going to stay calm, cool, and collected. Three c's."

He chuckles. "Whatever you say, Kitten."

I jump out of the Jeep and run inside Vertigo, squealing happily. I roam every aisle that holds old and new records, my heart thudding in happiness.

Three.

Three.

Only three.

No more.

Not two.

Not four.

Three.

I grab a "Passion Pit" album the second I find it, then I find an "Ed Sheeran" one and grab that, too.

One more.

One more.

I roam the isles once more, then that's when I find a "Bob Dylan" record and it reminds me immediately of my real dad.

He loved Bob Dylan. He's the one that got me hooked on the turntables and older songs.

I slowly pick it up and look at the cover.

"Found your three?" Haze asks softly, holding my waist.

My heart flutters and I nod slightly, swallowing.

"Okay," He takes them from me and walks to the register to pay.

I felt awful, each one was between fifteen dollars and twenty-five, and there were three  of them.

Twenty minutes later, Haze and I are back in the Jeep after getting coffee from a nice, retro coffee shop next door to Vertigo.

"Was that all?" I ask, hoping it was because I was afraid he had no more money left, which made me feel awful.

He laughs loudly. "Hell no. We got two more places."

"Haze!" I cry. "You're wasting all of your money!"

"Money spent on you is not wasted, Kitten." he suddenly says as he drives down the road.

I gulp as I look at him, my heart aching.

I didn't deserve this boy.

I wrap my arms around his left arm and rest my head on his shoulder, his hand somehow finding mine and holding it tight, his head resting on mine.

When we arrive at the movie theaters, we walk inside and stand in line.

"I wonder what we're going to see," I ponder as I look at the movie options, from "Coco" to "Father Figures".

"I wonder," Haze repeats with a smirk.

I slap his chest. He squeals.

"How may I help you two?" a woman asks from behind the candy counter.

"Two tickets to Pitch Perfect Three, please." Haze replies.

I look up at him. "You hate Pitch Perfect."

"And you don't. Common knowledge, Kitten." He winks at me.

I'm gonna cry.

I quickly look down before he sees any tears. "Stop it."

He chuckles and holds my face, tilting my head up. "Oh, Kitten, you worry too much. Just let me pamper you." He kisses my cheeks and forehead, then pays for the tickets, food, and drinks.

"How long have you two been together?" the lady smiles as she hands us our slushies.

My face reddens but Haze plays it off perfectly.

"Only a little less than four months."

"You two are so cute," She giggles. "Enjoy your movie."

"Thank you." He smiles kindly, then takes my hand and guides me to the hall playing "Pitch Perfect Three".

When we walk in, the movie is just starting and we sit in the way back since hardly anyone is in the room.

"Stop buying so much expensive shit, I mean it," I demand.

Haze chuckles. "If you're trying to be intimidating, Kitten, it's not working,"

I frown.

Asshole, I can be intimidating if I want to.

"You're about as intimidating as a pink butterfly."

I scowl and punch his chest.

He grins and leans over, nuzzling my ear, making me shiver, my heart stuck in my throat. "A sexy, cute, smart, strong, non-intimidating pink butterfly."

I gently lean into him and he chuckles, gently nibbling my earlobe, making me gasp.

Fuck.

He chuckles again and looks at the screen while I fumble with my thumbs.

You don't like him.

You don't like him.

You don't like him.

******

After the movie, it's almost eleven-thirty at night, and we're driving down the highway, jamming out to Bazzi.

"So, our last stop, I need a hint," I say.

Haze chuckles and rubs his jaw. "Alcohol."

I answer right off the bat; "We're going to a fucking club, aren't we?"

He screams in laughter. "My baby's so smart!"

My heart flutters at "my baby", but I keep my cool. "Haze, we're not legal to!"

"That's why there's a thing called fake I.D.'s."

"We don't have outfits."

"I can pull off a tight v-neck and jeans, and I stopped by Jo's while you were changing and she gave me a dress and heels for you to wear."

"Haze, this is not a good idea," I groan.

"You're right; it's an incredible  idea."

I sigh.

We're so fucked.

When we arrive at the club, we realize I need to change.

"Just change in the back, I won't look," Haze says with a sexy grin.

I cough. "That's a lie."

"Just do it, tonight is the night Prude Casey disappears and Wild, Sexy Casey blows everyone away."

I groan and take the Jovie's dress and heels he's holding and get in the back. I watch the rearview mirror for Haze's eyes as I undress, and when I turn around so my tits don't fall out of my bra while I take off my pants, I hear;

"DAMN, YOU GOT A FAT ASS!"

I scream and smack Haze. "Haze Beckett!"

"Can I touch it?"

"No!"

He groans loudly. "You're no fun!"

I roll my eyes and pull the dress on over my head after removing my bra. It's a silky rose gold dress that cuts down to just below my breasts and has hardly any back and reaches to a little above the middle of my thighs. I slide the heels on and mess with my hair, then climb back to the front of the car, seeing Haze's jaw hit China.

"Oh my God," he grunts.

I grin. "You can look, but you can't touch. I'm breakable. Remember that."

He groans and we get out of the Jeep, walking to the bouncer.

"I.D.'s," he says, eyeing my breasts.

Haze yanks me to his body, the bouncer snapping his head up and looking at us, and we show him our I.D.'s. When he allows us in, we dash in like no tomorrow, and the scent of sex, drugs, and alcohol consume my lungs.

"Let's party!" Haze whoops. "We gotta take at least one shot before anything else, we need to get loose."

I nod and we run to the bar. The bartender pours us each a shot and we clink glasses.

"To Wild, Sexy Casey!" he yells, and I whoop, both of us downing our shot. I cringe at the taste and cough, but soon it feels good and we take three more before running to the dance floor.

******

I don't know what time it is. I don't know what day it is. I don't know how many shots I've taken. I don't know how old I am. I just know that I'm having the time of my life.

Haze - I think it's Haze - and I are grinding against each other on the dance floor, our heads bubbly, our bodies sweaty from the dozens of people in the small room.

Hands slowly slide up my thighs under my dress and I squeal, giggling.

"Case!" a voice shouts and a fist flies. I gasp and turn, Haze standing behind me with two shot glasses.

I guess it wasn't Haze I was dancing with. 

I giggle and take the two shots from him, downing them together, whooping and grabbing two loops on his jeans, tugging him to me.

"C'mon," I giggle, biting my lip.

I was in a real good mood.

A real  good mood.

"Case," Haze says, holding my face. "We gotta head home, it's two in the morning, you're drunk off your shit, let's go."

I groan and he picks me up, helping me out of the building to his car, both of us getting in and driving home.

I'm handing out of the window as we drive, screaming the lyrics to a song I don't even think exists, but I don't care. 

"Casey!" Haze laughs, tugging me back into the Jeep. "Relax, Kitten."

I giggle at him and press a kiss to the back of his ear. "Hmm."

His jaw tightens. "Casey, don't. You don't know what you're doing."

"Yes I do," I whisper, running my hand across his chest and kissing the side of his neck slowly.

"Casey Garrett," He clenches my thigh.

"Haze," I groan.

He grunts. "Fuck!" He pulls into his driveway and yanks me into his lap, both of us just staring at each other. "Listen to me, you can't do this to me. Not right now. Especially when you're not sober. You have no idea what's going on right now, you need to go to bed."

"I'm ready, Haze," I encourage, burying my face into his neck and gently sucking on his skin. "I am."

He groans deeply and begins trailing his hands down my sides. "You have no idea how happy I am to hear that, Kitten,"

I begin to find his lips with mine.

"But," He holds my jaw. "I'm not."

I stare at him. "What?"

"I'm not ready to. Not right now. I'm still trying to get my shit together from what happened with Noah, you're drunk, I'm drunk."

"But you said - "

"I know," He sighs. "I know."

I slowly begin to glare at him, completely humiliated with myself and furious with him. "I fucking hate you." I climb out of the jeep and storm inside the house.

"Casey!" Haze suddenly grabs my arm and yanks me to him. "What the hell is wrong?"

"You!" I yell, ready to cry from embarrassment. "You've told me for almost four or five months now whenever I was ready, you'd be there right away! Then right when I do, you turn me down and make me completely fucking embarrass myself!"

"I don't want to kiss you when you're drunk, Casey!"

"I'm not drunk!" I shout, shoving him.

He suddenly runs at me and shoves me against the wall, trapping me in between his arms and crashing his lips onto the side of my neck. I gasp, grunting and grabbing the sides of his neck as he places quick, continuous, wet, warm open-mouthed kisses on my skin. 

"Haze!" I gasp as his hands pull my dress up to my waist and grab my butt, squeezing it.

"Wrap your legs around me," he growls, his hands lowering to my thighs and lifting me, my legs going around his back, his body pushing mine against the wall, his hands now gripping the spaghetti straps of my dress as his lips trickle farther down, my skin burning in need.

He parts the "v" in my dress a little, getting better access to my breasts, and kisses the curve of my breasts over and over, making me gasp and tug on his hair. He begins walking and soon, I find myself on his bed. He pulls his shirt off of him and climbs on top of me, growling under his breath as he kisses up my legs.

"Haze," I moan.

"Oh, Case," he whispers roughly, tugging me under him, his pupils dilated, his skin burning as my hands rest on his chest. He groans and tilts his head back as my hands roam his torso, stroking over every perfectly carved muscle. He sits on the bed and pulls me onto his lap, his hands pulling the straps of my dress down my arms, and he groans as his lips kiss the parts of my breasts that are exposed.

"Haze," I whimper. "Please just kiss me."

He groans again as he forcefully shakes his head and pulls me down to him.

"Not yet," he whispers. "But I swear to fucking God I will. Soon. N - Next time we have a day together, maybe." He begins to smile. "Now that you're ready, I can jump you with a kiss whenever I want."

I scoff with a smirk and he places another kiss on my breasts, his tongue swirling my skin, making me moan softly, and he groans for the third time.

"Stop moaning," he orders.

I grab the back of his neck and pull him to me, glaring into his eyes before going down and gently claiming his neck. He grabs my butt, inhaling sharply, and I nibble his skin, making him grunt and sigh deeply.

"Mine," I suddenly growl without even thinking about it. "You are mine, Haze."

Haze slowly moves back and we look at each other for a while. His expression begins to scare me. I didn't even mean to say that, I wasn't paying attention. Is he going to make me leave, is he going to yell at me, is he going to make fun of me?

God, Drunk Casey is extremely paranoid.

He suddenly pulls me down closer to him, his soft, cold breath hitting my lips, making my breathing hitch and my eyes begin to close.

His tongue slowly runs across the seam of my lips, making me moan softly, my lips slowly parting, and he wraps his lips around my bottom lip, sucking on it gently. I moan again, digging my hands into his hair, and after a few moments, he slowly moves back.

"I am yours," he breathes.

******

I wake up the next morning with a pounding headache. I crawl out of Haze's bed and put on one of his shirts, stumbling out into the kitchen and going through all of the cupboards until I find some Tylenol, and I down a couple with water.

"Morning, Kitten," a husky voice chuckles.

I glance behind me, seeing Haze standing against the counter in only a towel, his hair and body still dripping.

Oh, God.

His body was perfectly tan and shiny, my hickies I gave him from last night standing proudly on his skin. His hair was messily tossed around and there were a couple droplets of water from his hair that hit his lips.

Maybe if he'd let me, I could just lick  - 

"Stop staring at me like that or you'll be back in my bed in two seconds."

I look at his face, realizing he's directly in front of me and I'm pressed against the fridge. I clear my throat, turning to the fridge, pretending I was about to cook breakfast before he walked in, my face beet red.

******

Haze

I wanted to look sexy in the morning to make Casey mad or annoyed or something, so I figured it'd be a good time to shower.

I brace my hands against the tiles and hang my head down as the water pelts my back. I couldn't believe that all of that happened last night. I mean, I knew something would, but not to that extent.

God, she was so incredible last night. We hardly did anything, but she still seemed to amaze me. Her lips and tongue could do wonders.

She had this little mole just above her right breast I wanted to lick forever just thinking about.

I groan.

(Stop thinking about her, she can't see you with a hard dick first thing in the morning.)

I know. I know. Just think of gross stuff. Guy stuff. Piss, feet, and sweat.

(Yeah, just keep thinking that.)

I couldn't contain myself anymore when her beautiful legs wrapped around me, my self-control was gone. Her moans gave me all of the needs I'd ever have. Except her. I had to have her. 

(Don't say it, man. Don't you dare admit it.)

I gotta. I love her. I do, man, I fucking love her, I'm fucking in love  with her, I'm done ignoring it. She's mine, and I'm hers. I have to have her. She's who I want, she's who I belong with, and she belongs with me, no one else.

The realization that I just thought all of that then hits me like a truck and I stare at the shower floor.

"I love her," I whisper. Slowly, I begin to smile.

(God damn it, now we're screwed.)

You love her, too, so don't try that.

(Man, shut up... )

I smile wider and climb out of the shower, drying off only a little so I can show off to Kitten if she's awake. I wrap the towel around me and hear rattling in the kitchen, so I go out and see her standing in one of my shirts taking a couple pills. Probably to help with her hangover.

I bite my lip as I see her round ass somehow visible through the shirt. When people wear baggy things, you're not supposed to see anything, they're basically a wall. But with her, she's still her sexy, curvy self.

(Get your shit together, man!)

I know! I know. I clear my throat quietly and lean against the counter, smirking.

"Morning, Kitten," I say gruffly.

She turns, seeing me, and her eyes look at mine for a second, then begin slowly traveling all around my body, making me feel proud. I begin to walk to her as she begins walking back until her back is pressed against the fridge, and she licks her lips when she looks at mine.

God, I wanna kiss her so God damn bad.

But not yet. I have to wait until the perfect time now that I know she's ready.

My heart flutters.

She's finally ready.

She can finally be mine.

******

Casey

After Haze and I make pancakes, we park on the couch and put on Family Guy.

(You two should talk about last night.)

Hell. No.

(Case, come on. If you love him, you need to talk to him about it.)

I don't love him.

(Yes, you do. We all know he likes you and how he has for a long time because of how he acts towards people that involve you like Matt and Noah, and yesterday you acted the same way with Slut.)

But I don't...

(Case... )

I can't. I - I can't, okay?

(You can. Because it's okay, Case. He has changed so much since the first day you two met, it's okay to like him, to love him. He treats you how he should, and I know for a fact that he loves you.)

I swallow as I look at Haze, his body underneath mine, both of us watching TV, and when he catches me looking, he grins and places a soft kiss to my cheek. I close my eyes.

(You love him.)

I shudder softly and sigh, swallowing again.

I love him...

"So," he suddenly says. "Last night."

"Let's not," I groan, sitting up off of him. "We don't need to bring up all the shit that happened because of my drunk ass."

He chuckles and pulls me against him. "You told me you were ready. So, here's my proposal; next time we go out to a party or whatever, I will. But, I decide on when it is or when we kiss."

I scowl at him. "You're such a dick."

"You made me wait for a long ass time, Kitten, and I did. So now, it's time for you to suffer for a little."

"Then I'll just go have Khakis or Noah kiss me if you're gonna make me wait."

He glares at me and grabs me, yanking me into his lap. "Do we need to discuss this again? It's mine! And you're  going to wait. Understand?"

His angry, loud but quiet, stern voice scares me into a nod.

"Fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 32 15
IVE GIVEN UP. READ IF YOU WANT BUT IT DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE.
27.6K 1.6K 28
Cursed I am; now cursed, you'll be.
282 3 23
Your usual set up: the Jock, the Prom Queen, the Freak, the Nerd, the Misfit, and the best of all -- the Ice Queen.
38.9K 2.2K 23
sad boy: I'm a 14 year old girl STINKY FRIEND: explain sad boy: full of angst, loves Fall Out Boy, dyes hair religiously, has a crush on a boy in a...