In This Together ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK TWO ] ❝ fear is a proof of the degeneracy of the mind. ❞ Kasey McCall has been through more than enoug... More

In This Together
Chapter 1. Stealing Kisses and Weird Animal Behavior
Chapter 2. Here We Go Again
Chapter 3. Totally Jealous
Chapter 4. A Total Disaster
Chapter 5. Hot Mess
Chapter 6. Finally Connected
Chapter 7. Morning Argument
Chapter 8. The Darach
Chapter 9. Not an Average Bus Stop
Chapter 10. Keep It Together Jared
Chapter 11. Glen Capri And A Room For Three
Chapter 12. Gasoline, Road Flares, and Purple Dust
Chapter 13. A Connection and Kidnapping
Chapter 14. Climactic Moments
Chapter 15. Hallucinations
Chapter 16. Scott The Bulldog
Chapter 17. Kasey's Adventures!
Chapter 18. My Psychotic English Teacher
Chapter 19. Whirlwind of Events
Chapter 20. Gone
Chapter 21. Holding Your Breath
Chapter 22. Letting Go
Chapter 23. Sixteen Hours
Chapter 24. Heart's of Darkness
Chapter 25. Nightmares or Reality?
Chapter 26. Finding an Anchor
Chapter 27. The Werecoyote
Chapter 28. Who Needs Instructions?
Chapter 29. Feisty Kasey and a Fire Alarm
Chapter 30. Falling into Place
Chapter 32. Blacklight and Blackout
Chapter 33. The Diagnosis
Chapter 34. The Oni
Chapter 35. Cold Case
Chapter 36. Already Taken
Chapter 37. The Nogitsune
Chapter 38. Fooled
Chapter 39. Echo House
Chapter 40. Trepanation
Chapter 41. Using the Word Werewolf in Public
Chapter 42. Outfoxing the Fox
Chapter 43. De-Void
Chapter 44. Myriad of Pain
Chapter 45. Insatiable
Chapter 46. Shattered
Chapter 47. Glass Box
Chapter 48. The Divine Move

Chapter 31. Trying To Connect The Dots

61.4K 1.4K 1K
By simplystiles-

If I thought that living with my dad was awful, being interrogated by him was far worse. When Stiles had been the one to ask how he was going to explain the whole Barrow/power outage situation, we had thought that we would be telling Sheriff Stilinski all of this so he could help us figure out a story to sell to the public. We had been wrong. In fact, it was Agent Rafael McCall that we had to report to about the events that transpired this evening.

"So when did you get there?" My father asked the four of us; Scott, Kira, Stiles, and myself. We were currently sat in Sheriff Stilinski's office, each of us occupying a chair, Sheriff Stilinski was seated in the chair behind the desk that my dad was leaning against. 

Stiles glanced up at my dad, "At the same time." 

"At the same time as who?" My dad inquired. 

Scott gestured to himself, "The same time as me."

"By coincidence?" 

I quirked an eyebrow, "What do you mean by coincidence?"

"That's what I'm asking you. Apparently you and Stiles arrived at the same time as Scott, was that by coincidence?" He reiterated as he glanced at my brother. 

"Are you asking me?" Scott blinked once as he kept his gaze level on our father.

Stiles shook his head from side to side, "I think he's asking me."

"I think he's asking both of you." I interjected. 

We obviously couldn't tell my dad the real reason as to why we were at the power substation. Which meant that we had to deflect answering any questions in a way that could incriminate us or give away information that could tell my dad things that we didn't necessarily want him knowing. For example, the fact that Barrow was trying to kill Kira because he believed she had glowing eyes or something. One slip-up and he could end up hearing something that would lead him to possibly finding out about the whole werewolf secret that we've been trying to keep.

"Okay, let me answer the questions." My dad cut us all off in irritation. I smirked at the fact that he totally said the opposite of what he wanted to say. Sheriff Stilinski pressed his hand over his mouth to suppress the laugh bubbling inside of him. Obviously he was enjoying seeing my dad all flustered, considering 90% of the time my dad is harassing him.

My dad sighed in annoyance, "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town." 

I nodded, "Yeah that sounds about right."

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?" My dad demanded, obviously he was annoyed at the fact that we had been there... I can't blame him, I completely understand how frustrating it is not knowing all of the pieces to a puzzle. 

Stiles scratched at his head, "Well because he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

My dad rolled his eyes and pursed his lips, "That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." My boyfriend then winked and pointed at his dad behind the desk.

That was Sheriff Stilinski's breaking point and he snorted loudly, obviously his attempts at hiding his amusement were now non-existent. When my dad shot him a glare, he attempted to cover up the snort with a cough and waved at his son, "Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man." 

"We made a good guess," Stiles relented as he sunk back in his seat. I was extremely grateful that he didn't glance at me before he said this, because that would have given away that we knew something. My dad may be an idiot when it comes to parenting, but he's a genius when it comes to picking up on deception. 

My dad narrowed his eyes at me, "And you two just happened to be driving around?"

"No. We were LARPing at a power substation. I thought we went over this?" I retorted. My sarcasm was on point this week. 

He sighed and shifted his attention to Scott and Kira, "And what were the two of you doing?"

"Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi."

Kira and Scott spoke at the same time, and my dad quirked an eyebrow at their faulty communication skills. I honestly don't know how they could have gotten confused, pizza and sushi are nowhere near the same.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza." 

They once again said the opposite of one another and the awkwardness in the room was starting to reach extreme levels. We're talking past the point of 'middle school children making out' awkward. 

"Eating pizza and sushi." Scott and Kira dead-panned, finally in-sync. 

My dad spun around to look at Sheriff Stilinski, "You believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." Stiles nodded along with what his father was saying, he seemed proud that his father has actually realized the fact that he is a compulsive liar. "But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

This whole being questioned thing is exhausting. I'm running on a minimal amount of sleep, and I really don't want to waste the hours that I'm actually coherent with my dad being interrogated about something he doesn't understand in the slightest.

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" Special Agent McCall inquired, leaning forward towards Kira in hopes to get some more answers, ones that were actually helpful. 

We all watched her intently, but she only looked at Scott before she nodded and faced my dad, "Yes. Can I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry, but no. It's evidence." My dad said, a distant look in his eyes. He was starting to piece something together in his head, I just don't know what it could be. 

After a few more pointless questions about if we knew about the curfew and other stupid crap, my dad finally ended the questioning. On our way out of Sheriff Stilinski's office we were informed that a deputy was escorting Kira home, but she had to fill out some paper work. Stiles offered to take her to the front desk, and I was planning on following after them, but my dad stopped Scott and I before we could.

"I don't know why you guys are lying. Or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try and remember something. If half this story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help set him loose, but he was a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled my someone? Far worse." My father explained. I wanted to scoff and tell him that we were well aware just how dangerous a mass murderer being controlled my someone can be, I mean hello, when Jackson was the Kanima that was pretty much that exact situation.

Scott nodded, "Yeah, we get it."

"All right. Go home, it's a school night." He stated. 

I snorted, "Again with the trying to parent thing." 

"Kasey, let's go." Scott mumbled as he grabbed my arm and tugged me away from our dad and out of the police station. I didn't get to say good-bye to Stiles. 

☾  ☾   ☽  ☽

"Stilinski! McCall one and two, sit your asses down!" 

Sit down? I'm sitting down, aren't I? Where am I even at? My eyes wandered around in confusion as I took in the sight of the worn down "leather" seats of the school bus that I was currently in. Coach Finstock was parading up and down the aisle shoving everyone into their seats as the bus driver ranted about our poor behavior. 

"I swear to-- nobody is getting off this bus until you all sit down and shut the hell up!" Finstock snapped as he glared threateningly at someone in seat 12, it was probably Greenberg. 

For some reason I'm dressed in my cross country running gear, upon further investigation I've noticed that Stiles is also dressed in his usual running attire. He's sitting in the seat next to me, watching Finstock shout at everyone in amusement. My eyes glanced out the bus window to find that we were parked in the lot at school, I don't remember going anywhere though. There is also a wrapped box sitting on my lap. It's the exact same gift that I had in my dream the other night. 

It finally dawned on me that I'm dreaming again. Or, well I don't know if I'm dreaming or hallucinating or just straight up losing my mind, but this isn't real life. At least, I hope it's not. 

Stiles glanced at me then, suddenly noticing the box on my lap, "What is that?" He asked as his index finger tapped the top. The tone in his voice and the way that he touched the box threw me for a loop. It sounded like he knew something that I didn't. 

"I--I don't know." I stammered as I contemplated moving the box. For some reason I have the strong urge to keep it just where it is, but at the same time how harmful can it be if it's just a birthday present? 

Stiles chuckled faintly, the sound wasn't what he normally would sound like and it set off a warning bell in my head. This isn't right. I fearfully looked at him, only to find he already had his sight set on me. That smirk was back. That same damn smirk that let's me know that this isn't my Stiles. This is some sick and twisted version that my subconscious made up to mess with me. I cringed as he began to speak, "You're all screwed." 

I blinked rapidly, "What?" 

He tapped the box again, "You. Are. All. Screwed."

The word choice was odd. Why would he say that we're screwed? Who is 'we' anyway? It's just me and him sitting in this seat. The bus is still packed and Finstock is still yelling, but we are the only two that can even hear this conversation. He must mean our group is screwed. Our group... Scott, Stiles, Allison, Lydia, Isaac, and me. We're screwed. 

"Isn't it your job to warn people, Kasey? You've been absolute shit with trying to prevent people from getting hurt lately. Don't you think?" Stiles' asked, it was obvious the question was rhetorical, but I wanted to do nothing more than answer him. 

The words to defend myself wouldn't leave me. Instead, I sat there in silence as I tried to figure out why I haven't been able to use my ability in awhile. Now that I think about it, I haven't actually warned anyone about anything since the night that the sacrifices went down. That was weeks ago. 

"Open the present. Maybe the answer you're looking for is in there." He tutted, knowing that his words and his tone would be enough to get me to do what he was suggesting. 

I ripped at the familiar wrapping paper and tossed it to the floor as I pulled the lid off, revealing a slip of paper and two rusty screws. I hesitantly pulled the paper out of the box and unfolded it so I could determine was was written. I was met with the name I was all too familiar with in black ink, Stilinski. The scary part was that the writing on the paper, was mine. 

"What is this?" I asked quietly, praying that he would give me an answer. 

He smirked as his lips moved to the shell of my ear, "A clue." 

My eyes snapped open as I sucked in a deep breath, my chest felt heavy and my eyes were burning to the point where it actually urged a scream to bubble up my throat. I bit down on my tongue and tried to figure out what was going on. My irises wandered around my surroundings, and I found myself sitting on a bench by the bus garage at the school. I glanced down at myself and found that I was already dressed in my every day attire, but I don't remember putting it on. I don't even remember going to sleep last night. 

The beeping sound of my phone blared around me and I jumped at the shrill octave. My fingers fumbled around in my bag until they snatched up the device and I placed it to my ear, not even bothering to glance at the screen to see whom was calling. 

"Hello?"

A deep sigh sounded on the other end, "Kasey you scared the hell out of me. Where are you? Did you already leave for school?" Scott asked impatiently. 

I swallowed thickly, "Yeah. I had some History homework that I needed from my locker." I was getting a lot better at lying. 

"Okay, uh-- I guess I'll see in you in like twenty minutes then. I thought that you had slept walk out of the house again." He chuckled nervously, and I could picture him running his hand down the back of his neck anxiously. 

Even though I knew I shouldn't continue to lie, I did anyway. I let out a short laugh, "Not this time. I'm perfectly okay."

"That's the best news I've heard all day." Scott hummed before he ended the call. I dropped my phone back into my bag and ran my hands over my face repeatedly. This is just getting worse. I thought maybe the sleep walking would just stop, but apparently not. This time I actually put on clothes and came all the way to school. I need answers, and I need them now. 

The warning bell sounded and I took that as my cue to get up and make my way to class. I slung my bag over my shoulder and maneuvered through the crowd of students on the sidewalk. I have no idea how I'm going to tell Scott and Stiles about this without them freaking out. I haven't even gotten a chance to talk to Stiles about the sex yet. I mean, I'm not expecting a debriefing or anything but our time together was cut kind of short and I didn't spend as much time as I'd like just talking to him. 

My fingers absentmindedly twirled the anchor around as I made my way into the building. I really am not in the mood to work on Physics right now. I honestly just want to be able to sleep and not have to worry about walking out of my house. Well, that or having sex with Stiles again. Both are a viable option and sound perfect right now. 

"Hey--ugh!" 

A pair of hands grabbed at my waist, catching me completely off-guard. I threw my elbow back and hit whomever it was in the chest with as much force as I could muster up. I spun around to tell the creep off for grabbing at me, but upon my dramatic spin, I realized that it had been Stiles who had tried to grab me. 

His eyes were wide and he was sputtering while his hands wrapped around his stomach. Panic seeped through my brain when I realized that I had knocked the wind out of him, and he was having issues breathing, which could possibly lead to him thinking that he can't breathe, which would then lead to a panic attack. 

"Oh my God! Stiles are you okay? I'm so sorry, here stand up, put your hands on your head--" I grabbed at his hands to try and place them on his head, but instead his fingers automatically slid into the spaces between mine and he pulled my body flush against his. The coughing stopped and he cleared his throat momentarily, "Good morning to you too." He rasped. 

I blinked rapidly, "I'm sorry! I didn't know it was you. I'm just-- I don't know I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry." I rambled as I tried to offer an explanation without actually having to explain anything. It was a lot harder than it sounds. 

"It's okay, I guess. At least I know that you can handle yourself if anyone does try to grab you." He responded skeptically, I could tell that he was actually playing out a scenario of someone trying to grab me in his head right now. 

The hallway chatter was increasing and I glanced around to try and figure out where the hell I was, but then I saw Stiles' open locker and I realized that I had walked past him and he was just trying to get my attention. 

Stiles let out a sigh and moved his arms to the base of my back as he embraced me warmly. I practically melted into him as I secured a hold around his mid-section. He honestly gives the best hugs in the entire world. "Did you sleep better last night?" He said softly as he pulled out of the embrace so he could read my facial expression.

I shrugged, "No better than usual. What about you?"

He swallowed thickly before changing the subject, "Scott was just here. I encouraged him to stay away from Kira, and I'm going to do the same for you because we have no idea if she's dangerous or not and I would much rather keep you out of harms way."

"She might be just like Scott--"

Stiles scoffed, "Scott said the same thing, but let me tell you that Scott can't withstand electricity like that. And Barrow wanted her dead for a reason so I think it's better to just keep our distance for awhile." 

I rolled my eyes, "Okay Sheriff."

He grinned, "Are we going to start role-playing now?"

"You're disgusting."

☾  ☾   ☽  ☽

When I started dating Stiles, I honestly never thought that I would be put in the position to pick a either his side or my brother's. It's happened several times and it makes me feel like absolute shit because I don't want to side with one over the other. The different between picking Stiles' side of Scott's, is that Scott doesn't hold a grudge for days on end and make bitter remarks about it like Stiles' does if I pick Scott's side. So, I've learned to just stay out of the situations entirely. 

Which is why when Scott sent me a text saying that he was helping Kira get her phone back and Stiles' text me telling me that he was not happy about this at all, that I just deleted the messages and decided to act like I didn't get them. Plus, I have more important matters to attend to. 

I need to get some answers about my dreams and about what has come of my abilities. In my dream, Stiles made a comment about how I'm supposed to warn people-- that my only job is to warn people about what is to come. Why would he bring that up if it wasn't important? I mean, I had been dreaming about Mr. Harris for weeks and that ended up helping us. It had been a warning. I had been dreaming up a warning, so maybe all of my other dreams have been warnings too, I just haven't been paying the small things any attention.

My house was dead silent apart from the scribbling that I was doing in my notebook. My room was an absolute mess, papers that had been writing on before were crumpled up and strewn across the floor. I was trying to connect the dots in some way, but I was having a issues. I don't have everything that I need here, but I know where I can get the information that will help. 

I slipped on my Vans and hiked my bag up my shoulder as I raced down the stairs, I nearly tripped over the carpet at the base of the staircase but I was moving so fast my body just hurled itself at the front door, right as it was being opened. My chest smacked against the wood and I winced as my father slid into the house, a look of pure alarm washed over his face. 

"Kasey? Are you alright?" He asked as he gently grabbed at my shoulders, trying to pull me closer so he could assess me for any damage that the door may have caused. 

I shoved his hands off and ran my hand through my mess of hair anxiously, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I have to go--"

"Go? Go where? It's late, and there's a curfew and the power's out..." My dad trailed off as he awkwardly shoved his hands into his pockets, he looked uncomfortable and was more than likely just waiting for me to snap at him again.

I sighed and shook my head from side to side, "I told you that I don't need you to parent me anymore. I can take care of myself, I've been doing a damn good job since you left alright? Now, if you excuse me I have things to do." I muttered as I shoved past him and slammed the door shut behind me. 

My mom had taken the car to work, and I obviously couldn't take my dad's... so that left me with speed-walking down the sidewalk towards Stiles' house. I know he's not home because he's obviously helping Scott get into the Sheriff's Station to get Kira's phone, even though Stiles isn't a fan of this plan, he isn't just going to leave my brother hanging. And Sheriff Stilinski is off tonight and I know that he will let me in the house, and I need to see Stiles' wall.

The walk to the Stilinski household went by extremely fast, and I found myself ascending the small set of steps leading to the front door a lot sooner than I had wanted. I love Stiles' dad to death, but whenever I'm flustered and I talk to him whilst being flustered, things get awkward insanely fast. 

I hesitantly hit the door a few times, I started to nervously bounce around while I waited. Moment later the door swung open and Sheriff Stilinski smiled at me brightly, "Hey Kasey, Stiles' isn't here."

My head bobbed up and down knowingly, "Yeah... I know, I was uh-- I was wondering if I could use his computer?"

He quirked an eyebrow, "His computer? Yeah, sure... that should be fine. Come on in."

I smiled nervously and stepped into the house, I probably looked like a train wreck. I should have pulled my hair up into a ponytail before I ran my hands through it a billion times and moved it all out of whack. 

"Is this for like school work, or... werewolf stuff?" He asked as he rubbed at the back of his neck.

I chuckled, "Actually it's not werewolf stuff, it's about my abilities."

"The Kanima?" He asked slowly, I couldn't help but snort in amusement. The only two things that Sheriff Stilinski assumes we have here in Beacon Hills are werewolves and Kanima's. 

I shook my head from side to side, "No, uh, Admonere stuff actually. Has Stiles told you about my abilities before?"

He blinked once, "I don't think that you were on the chess board..."

"Yeah, I probably wasn't. I can answer any questions you have in like twenty minutes, I just need to use his computer and his wall real quick." I said before taking off up the stairs. I need to get these loose ends tied up before I drive myself crazy.

Stiles' bedroom was relatively clean, and I shrugged as I dropped my bag on the floor, rifling through it for my notes. As soon as I had my pen in hand I went to work, scribbling down anything I could remember from my dreams that could possibly hold relevance. So far I had a box of nuts and bolts, screws, a bus, Stiles' being creepy, and the slip of paper inside the box that said Stilinski. What those could all mean is beyond me.

Wait a second... 

My hands glided over the newspaper clippings on the wall as I tried to find the article about Barrow and his bombing. What had he used to blow up the bus? I ripped the article off the wall once I saw his picture, and my eye skimmed over the words.. a box filled with nuts and bolts...

The birthday present in my dreams were a box full of nuts and bolts, and when I woke up from that dream I was in the power substation that Barrow worked at. My ability had linked the two together... but in my dream Stiles gave it to me which doesn't make any sense. And what the hell do the screws in that damn box have to do with anything? God, I need Stiles to figure this shit out because I can't do it. 

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I groaned in annoyance as I pulled it out and checked the screen, YOU'RE INVITED TO MY BLACKLIGHT PARTY  TONIGHT, WEAR MINIMAL AMOUNT OF CLOTHING SO THE PAINT WILL SHOW UP!!! 

God damn it, Danny. 

__________________________________________________________________________

good afternoon everyone! i'm extremely sorry about the lack of updates on this story, and every other story i write to be fair, i haven't had time. i've been so freaking busy. but that's all about to end because i'm graduating in like ten days and i am so excited and nervous and oh my god it's going to be so much fun. 

okay, so this chapter was mostly kasey trying to figure things out, if you are starting to put the pieces together of what all her dreams are trying to say... four for you,  if not that's okay, you're in the same boat as kasey. she's going to put it together soon though, so don't worry about that. 

the new promo confused the hell out of me. like why the hale are they in sand? idk, i'm sure it will make sense eventually, that's usually how jeff davis rolls anyway. okay i hope you liked this chapter, it's a little shorter than i would like but it needed to end at some point. 

fan, vote, and comment nice things! xx -sasha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 82.3K 56
❝You're the one.❞ "W-what?" "The one with the scented blood." *** Vampires are real, and they're not in your dreams. They're up, alive, and breathin...
1.3M 43.8K 29
❝ I hate it. I hate not remembering. I want to. I want to remember what it was like to have something, someone! ❞ ❝ You do. You have me. ❞ Indi...
806K 19K 63
❝I feel like I'm going to break into a million pieces.❞ They went a whole summer without any kind of supernatural problems, and Autumn was soaking in...
185K 5K 50
"Time changes you especially when you're under different circumstances." 6 years is a long time, especially when your confounded to a space that has...