Baby Blues

livmadly द्वारा

Bridget Della Mathews is on her way to becoming a preschool teacher though her mother has never been for the... अधिक

....Hello
1. Cold floors and Blurry skies
2. Best Friend...
3. Cute Boys and Baby blues
4. Not my type
5. The drama queen
6. A Library Visit
7. Date
8. First Kiss
9. Butterflies and Going Steady
11. Advice and views
12. Friends
13. Sleep Over
14. First Time
15. After
16. Hair
17. Sweet and a Tease
18. Personal Pillow
19. The Brunch
20. Going out
21. Apologies
22. Home sweet Home
23. Thanksgiving
24. Misunderstandings
25. Something Off
26. Holidays
27. Mad or Mad not
28. Birthday Surprise (Part 1)
28. Unwrapping thy gift (Part 2)
29. Meh
30. Family Matters
31. Leroy
32. The Talk
33. Me and You
34. Me and You Too
Epilogue
NEW STORY!!!

10. Movies and Silly pagers

866 43 0
livmadly द्वारा

It had been over two weeks since I said yes to Kevin. We spent most of our time texting and chatting over the phone, we would meet up  whenever we got the chance and I found myself growing very fond of him.

It wasn't until after we started dating that I realised that he spent most of his time at the hospital, though I was flattered when I found out that he mostly came to school when he was free so that he could see me.

I was on my way to a lecture when I bumped into Richard "Well someone looks smiley today"

"Hello to you too. Aren't you late for a lecture or something?"

"Nope, I am officially done for the day, my lecture was cancelled and since my girlfriend isn't mad at me anymore we are going to chill"

"Well good for you...now if you will excuse me, I have a lecture to attend" I made a turn to go into the lecture hall when he grabbed my hand and pulled me back

"Wait a minute...you're not getting off that easy...what's going on? You seem a little different"

"What do you mean by different?"

"I don't know but it feels like you are hiding something from me"

"Really..."

"Yes" he said folding his arms across his chest

We had a stare off and knowing Richard this was going to go on for a very long time or as long as I could keep myself from blinking.

"I'm seeing someone"

"And you kept this from me because..."he frowned

"I don't know..." I shrugged "I guess it never came up"

"How long?"

"Over two weeks"

He looked a little hurt and it made me feel bad. I considered Richard a very good friend of mine in fact he was the closest thing to a male friend  I had  so I got why he didn't seem to be happy

"Richard..."

He lifted his hand and I stopped talking

"I'm pretty sure you have your reasons...I'm gonna get going now"

I called his name but he just gave me a wave and kept walking.

When I met up with Kevin near the hospital during his lunch break I wasn't the best of company.

"Are you going to sulk during my entire lunch break? which could end at any moment if I might add"

"I'm sorry it's just that I think my friend is upset with me for not telling him that I started seeing someone and what's worse is that it's been two weeks since"

I looked up and he was smiling at me "You know I'm right here right...You could have just said 'seeing you' instead of 'seeing someone'"

"Kevin..." I whined

"Fine" he said throwing his hands in the air

"Why didn't you tell him?"

"I don't know but what would you do to make up for it?"

"I don't know" he shrugged "unlike you I told my friends"

I picked up one of my fries and threw it at him"You are of no help at all"

His pager started beeping and he took it out "Ok...so that's my queue...I have to go but I will text you later"

"Ok bye"

Kevin left and I just sat there looking outside the window. I was free for the rest of the day but I had nothing to do. My boyfriend was saving lives, my best friend was probably hauled up in some library and my other friend was somewhere with his girlfriend probably thinking about how bad a friend I am. I should get more friends I thought to myself as I left the restaurant.

I got on a bus and decided to walk the rest of the way. The house was quiet when I got there so I changed into something loose and comfortable. The boredom was killing me so I decided to bake some muffins. When I was done I sat down on the couch to watch some TV.

I looked outside the window and the sun was still up, it wouldn't be long before it set. I always found it intriguing how the sun would set on one part of the world and rise on another, how time was different in different parts of the world, how it could snow on one part and rain on another. The world itself was so fascinating on its own and it kind of helped me relate to life with its various opportunities, while one man falls another rises and I couldn't help but wonder what the rest of the year held for me.

****

As the weeks went by my assignments started to increase and the lecturers had no mercy when it came to tests. I talked to Richard after I had noticed that he was avoiding me and I apologised. He only accepted by apology after I took him to the cafe and bought him breakfast. I didn't like having one of my close friends being mad at me, it just felt so wrong and weird besides even I wound have been upset if I found out that my friend had kept her relationship hidden from me.

Kevin and I would meet up whenever we were free and he didn't have to work at the hospital which was rare by the way. He was busy applying for his residency and matching or whatever it is they did in med school, the whole thing just sounded complicated to me. He would try to explain but I would zone out and nod my head once his mouth stopped moving.

We had plans to meet up later on during the day when he got off from work and I was looking forward to it. I had become accustomed to seeing his face and having long sometimes boring conversations with him that I would smile just by seeing his name pop up on my screen.

We decided to go for a movie and have dinner afterwards, nothing fancy though because he would be coming directly from work.

I got to the movie theatre early and bought the tickets since the movie was kind of new and I didn't want it to sell out. I bought a smoothie and sat at one of the booths while I waited.

He sent me a text saying he was on his way and I smiled knowing that he wouldn't be late. I was scrolling through my phone when someone joined me. I looked up and saw an attractive looking mocha skinned guy sitting right opposite

"Hey"

"Hello" I smiled...swoon he had a British accent

"You look bored"

"Just waiting for someone, he will be here soon"

"Oh...ok...mind if I keep you company while you wait?"

Frankly I would have preferred to sit alone but the guy seemed chilled out

Honestly there was never a dull moment plus I just loved listening to him talk. I was laughing more than half of the time and he never said anything unnecessary. I found out that his name was Henry and honestly thanks to him waiting for Kevin didn't seem like a long time. He was asking me a question when I heard someone clear his throat. I turned to see Kevin standing by the booth with a not so happy facial expression.

"Kevin" I smiled "meet Henry and Henry this is my boyfriend Kevin"

"Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too" he said though his face said the opposite

"Hope you don't mind my keeping your girlfriend company, anyways Bridget it was nice talking to you"

"It was nice talking to you too Henry and thanks"

"No problem" he smiled then left

I checked my phone and realised we were ten minutes late for the movie

"What did you do walk here? You're late"

"Well at least you had someone to keep you company in my absence"

"Kevin Conway, are you jealous?"

"I don't want to see a movie anymore, let's just go and get something to eat"

"No I already paid for the tickets"

"I will give you a refund"

I got out of the booth and went to stand in front of him

"No...buy the popcorn we are already late"

We got into the theatre but there weren't any two free seats that were next to each other

"Okay then you sit there and I'll sit here" I whispered

"What...no come on let's go" he lead me out of the theatre "let's just find somewhere to sit"

"But the movie" I said pouting

"I'm not watching a movie with you sitting far away from me...I mean the whole point of going as a couple is so that we can make out through the entire thing"

I hit his arm playfully and put mine through it "Since we aren't watching the movie, I'm not going to eat this...I want real food"

"Fine...let's walk to the restaurant then you can order whatever you want" he kissed my forehead as we walked

His lips felt so warm but that's not where I wanted them. We had the whole night so I was going to get what I wanted sooner or later

"Then maybe we can go back to my place and cuddle" I said batting my eye lashes

"Miss Mathews" he feigned surprise "Are you trying to get me into bed?"

"Maybe" I laughed "but you won't know until you feed me"

The restaurant much to my liking didn't have a lot of people in it. We picked a table and the waitress came over to take our orders. She had just left when I heard his pager

"No" I  complained

He took it out and looked at me. I could already see the dread on his face "I have to go, it's urgent"

"Aren't you off duty or something?"

"Bridget..."

"Fine go, you know I'm starting to feel like a little fish that's just been pulled out of water"

He gave me a look that told me that he didn't understand what I was trying ti say

"You know like how people put a big juicy worm on a hook to lure the poor little fish in and then when the little fish takes the bate it gets pulled out of the water...I feel like I'm slowly getting pulled out of the water"

"Did you just compare me to a worm?"

"A big juicy worm but that's not the point, the point is I'm just wondering when I'm going to suffocate"

"You won't suffocate because I'll be there to give you mouth to mouth when you need it, I am a med student after all"

"Cheesy but cute"

"I'll make it up to you I promise but let's get you home first"

"You can't take me home coz then you would be wasting time...I'll find my own way"

He came to my side of the table and placed a kiss on my cheek "I'll text you when I'm done"

"Ok...bye"

Kevin paid for the meals before he left. I ate my food and took a cab home afterwards. Hannah had slept early so I also went to bed but decided to read a book.

I was asleep when I got a call from Kevin telling me to open the front door. I went downstairs and found him standing outside looking exhausted.

"May I come in"

"Yeah" I said stepping aside "but you do know that it's past midnight right?"

He walked in and I locked the door "I do but since our movie and dinner didn't go so well, I was hoping we could cuddle instead"

I couldn't help the smile on my face "I would love to"

We went upstairs and got into bed. Kevin got in shirtless and I snuggled up to him. He pulled me close so my back was against his chest and kissed my temple

"Goodnight beautiful"

"Goodnight handsome"

*****
Hello...

So how was the Chapter? Did you like it? How is the story going so far? and you might notice that I might use words irrelevantly sometimes😕😕😕...but I can't help it 😌😌😌

My favourite word is Cushion. I just love how it sounds when I say it...Cushion...lol...What's yours?

If you liked the chapter please feel free to click on the little star #vote and do comment...

Until next time....mwaahh😘😘😘

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

38 0 5
17 year old Tiffany Taylor is months away from graduating high school when she finds out that she's pregnant from her boyfriend of 1 year. She's shoc...
581K 21K 59
He stops talking at the sight of me and looks me up and down, leaning against my door frame. "Damn ma you look sexy as hell." I look myself in the m...
Falling for Em WaWorkz द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

110K 2.8K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
141K 5.6K 43
(GxG) I wrapped my arm around the small of her waist and went to her ear. I then gently rubbed her side and whispered, "Later on tonight when you're...