Necessary Evil

By IrisEvergreen

Ten years after the exile of Naruto Uzumaki, Konoha wants him back. Naruto is happy that he can enter the lan... More

Necessary Evil
A mission
Is that Naruto?
STILL A NAIVE IDIOT...OR NOT...
The Rebirth
Dinner with Naruto sama
Back to Konoha
Not Here To Stay
The Game Begins
The beginning Of The End
Watching You Crumple
Matches Continue
Unstoppable
The Demon Inside
The Next Move
The Truth
Mercy
About Naruto
Shaking the foundations
Life After
Author's Note

Dig The Grave Deeper

15.8K 494 168
By IrisEvergreen

Hello guys, am back. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

And I started a new fanfic. Check it out if you are interested. It's s Naruto dimension travel fic but not a crossover.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, not really.

Here goes...

Dig The Grave Deeper

"Naruto sama, Tsubasa has arrived," Rey informed Naruto bowing.

Naruto hummed, idly swirling his drink.

"Send him in." He replied.

Rey vanished from sight.

A man who looked to be in his early forties walked in. He had light brown hair and dark grey eyes.

"Naruto sama" The man greeted bowing.

Naruto nodded with a slight smile.

"How are things going Tsubasa?"

"Everything is going according to the plan, Naruto sama. All the properties you wanted are now under my name. We can transfer it to your name as soon you want it. And our spies have located Orochimaru's lab as well."

"Mmm good." Naruto sighed. "That means I can get out of here as soon as possible."

Tsubasa chuckled. "You need not have come at all. We had everything under control."

Naruto shrugged. "I wanted to pay my dear old friends a visit."

Tsubasa turned serious, "The upcoming match between you and those Konoha ninjas have created quite an uproar. Most people are sure that you will lose."

Naruto snorted, "That's what I am counting on. As long as they believe they'll win, they'll agree to whatever ridiculous terms I come up with."

Tsubasa hummed in agreement. Konoha had no idea what they're getting into.

"But I believe you let them off easily," Tsubasa asked Naruto.

Naruto chuckled, "No you're wrong there. The hooks haven't even taken hold yet. They'll lose a lot more than just their reputation Tsubasa I will make sure of it."

Naruto smirked slightly sadistic. "I'll leave Konoha scarred and battered on her knees."

Tsubasa chuckled hearing his boss. Konoha truly had no idea what's coming.

In Demon country

"Mmm, Konoha is as greedy as ever." Kyoshiro chuckled reading the message sent by Konoha.

A woman with greying red hair and wise purple eyes pursed her lips in distaste.

"Those fools have no right to demand anything of my grandchild. Yet they do this."

Kyoshiro smirked, "Well, they only dug a deeper hole for themselves."

"Oh, and I am going to make it much deeper, that they'll never crawl out of it." The woman growled.

"Kyoshiro chan, prepare for a journey. We are going to meet the fire daimyo."

Uzumaki Hibara, the mother of Uzumaki Kushina, grandmother to Uzumaki Naruto and for the last few years, the daimyo of demon country; stood up and left the room. Her royal blue kimono fluttered as strode out of the room, eyes glowing with the fury of a mother.

Kyoshiro followed smirking, poor Konoha these two Uzumaki will be their end.

That night at fire country capital

The fire daimyo, Kaseyama Hizaki trembled with barely concealed fury as he reads through the message from Konoha.

Not only have those fools shown the audacity to go against a direct order from him, they also let their greed consume them and almost made an enemy out of Demon country.

His eyes met that of the other daimyo.

"What do you propose we do Hibara dono?" The fire daimyo questioned.

"Mmm. My grandson has already agreed to the match. All it needs seems to be our permission."

The fire daimyo nodded, gravely. He didn't understand why the boy would agree to such a match.

"But, I believe that the match is quite unfair." Hibara said.

"That it is Hibara dono. Your grandson against all of them-"

He was cut off by a soft laugh from Hibara.

"Oh! That's not what I was implying Hizaki dono. I meant it is unfair in terms of the reward. Don't you think so?"

The fire daimyo sat confused, the woman didn't mind her grandson being set up for a match against all of Konoha's strongest shinobi. Was she more worried about the prize? She seem awfully confident in her grandchild.

Hizaki nodded anyway, "Yes it is rather unfair when you think about it."

"Should he win the match, the only thing my grandchild earns is what already belongs to him. But if Konoha wins they receive everything my grandchild has ever worked for. It will leave demon country crippled as Naruto chan owns a vast majority of our economy."

Hizaki nodded. Seeing this Hibara continued,

"It would only be fair that the risks should be equal for both parties involved."

Hizaki had as really bad feeling that this would only end badly for Konoha, but they disagreed with his direct order, and they had it coming for some time now.

"So what do you think should be done, Hibara dono?" Hizaki asked seriously.

Hibara smirked sadistically.

Konoha council meeting room, two days later

The council members and the Hokage bowed in respect to the daimyos of fire country and demon country entered the council chambers.

Danzo silently cursed. With both daimyos, present things would get difficult.

And that woman; the demon country daimyo she looked rather familiar. He was now sure that something was wrong.

"You may rise." The council members raised their heads.

The council members' waited anxiously for the verdict from both daimyos.

Just then the council doors opened once again and this time Naruto and Kyoshiro entered. The council members' were drooling at the sight of the two most handsome men standing together.

Naruto and Kyoshiro bowed to the daimyo.

"Now that we are all here, we can start," Hizaki said.

"We have read and discussed the message send by the council and we have come to a conclusion," Hibara said gaining the attention of the council and shinobi.

"The match between Naruto Uzumaki and the shinobi of Konoha shall take place-"

Many of the council members smiled in satisfaction, only a few noticed that the daimyo was yet to finish.

"-only if Konoha agrees to certain terms." Hizaki finished earning some confused frowns.

"But the terms of the match has already been set, Hizaki sama," Danzo said.

"We find those terms to be greatly in favour of Konoha. And in a match like this where one party puts so much at risk, it is only fair that both parties take up the same risk." The fire daimyo said.

Danzo didn't like this one bit. The other members of the council were suspicious.

"What do you suggest Hizaki Sama?" Tsunade asked.

It was Hibara who answered the question.

"If Naruto wins the match, everything that belongs to the other competitors will belong to Naruto and by proxy under the jurisdiction of Demon country. That includes any kind of clan's wealth, compounds, and scrolls as well."

The reaction was immediate and explosive.

"Preposterous!" One council member shouted.

"This is unacceptable."

"We will not accept this."

"Silence!" Tsunade bellowed silencing the foolish council before they end up angering the daimyo even further.

"This decision is final. There is no argument. Only those who agree to these terms shall fight in the match. Others can forfeit. And if none of them agrees, the match will not take place and Naruto will leave to Demon country with everything that rightfully belongs to him in the first place." The fire daimyo glared at the council, daring them to oppose him.

"Hizaki sama is this not unfair?" Danzo asked breaking the silence.

"Oh? And how is it fair making a young man fight against all these opponents to gain something he rightfully deserves? How is it fair forcing him to forfeit his entire life's hard work because of your greed?" Hizaki asked.

"That's because he is a monster-"

The foolish council member did not even finish before as concentrated wave of killing intent choked him. Visions of his death danced before his eyes and the creator of the killing intent refused to allow him the relief of even passing out.

"Don't you dare insult my grandson!"

The demonic voice that spoke quietly but poured molten lava across their souls belonged to none other than Uzumaki Hibara the demon country daimyo.

The council members panicked.

The only ones not affected by the killing intent was Naruto who looked amused, Kyoshiro who had released his own killing intent at the insult to his mate, the fire daimyo who has been spared of the killing intent, and the guards of both daimyo who were shielded from the killing intent by Naruto's own comforting aura.

After seeing them panic like a headless chicken for some time, Naruto decided to end the tirade. He walked up to his grandmother, placed a hand on her shoulder and kissed her cheek, surprising all of them with his approach towards a daimyo.

When Hibara calmed down and took a deep breath, Naruto walked back towards Kyoshiro and took his hand then kissed his palm followed by a mischievous smirk notifying his mate that he was having fun. Kyoshiro shook his heads at his mate with a smile and delivered a chaste kiss to his lips.

Those who witnessed the scene were having a hard time controlling their emotions. It was obvious who Naruto's mysterious husband was; it was also obvious that in front of the handsome kage, they have no chance of winning over the blonde's affections.

Sasuke who has been present for the meeting (along with the rest of the rookie nine and their teachers) could not control his anger at seeing HIS dobe kissing someone else who might be the blonde's husband (but Sasuke obviously didn't care about the husband part). He growled under his breath, which Kyoshiro and Naruto clearly heard, having super-heightened senses and all.

Kyoshiro narrowed his eyes and pulled Naruto closer to him by the waist and send as taunting smirk at Sasuke. Naruto being Naruto, just smiled 'innocently' and snuggled unto his husband further pissing of Sasuke and many of the council.

"You two are together?! And what do you mean grandson?!"

It was Sakura's voice that broke the council out of staring at the couple. And that's when all hell broke loose.

Questions after questions were fired at the daimyo and the couple from all directions. Naruto, Kyoshiro and Hibara were decidedly amused.

"Silence!" There goes Tsunade again.

The council settled down slowly. Tsunade then turned to the woman who proclaimed to be her Naruto's grandmother; a relation he had earlier shared with Tsunade now belonged to some other woman. Daimyo or not, Tsunade refused to be replaced in her gaki's life.

"I believe you have some explaining to do daimyo sama," Tsunade said glaring at the woman.

"I do? Oh, and why should I bother with explaining anything to you?" Hibara asked taunting.

Tsunade growled, her anger getting the best of her, but before she could open her mouth another voice cut her off,

"I suggest you show some respect, Hokage Sama. Disrespecting our daimyo will not bode well for you." Naruto's calm voice saddened Tsunade. He was supposed to be her gaki, how could he defend this woman. She looked at him sadly.

Naruto continued, "And I will answer your questions, no need to bother my grandmother. Yes, she is my grandmother; Uzumaki Kushina's mother to be more precise."

Recognition flashed in Tsunade's eyes. Uzumaki Hibara... but she had died during the destruction of whirlpool hadn't she? And even if she was alive, where was she for the first twelve years of his life? She came back after twelve years into the life of the child she abandoned and was welcomed with love, whereas she; Tsunade, was kicked out? Tsunade narrowed her eyes at the woman.

"She obviously abandoned you for most of your life Naruto, how can you even think of loving her when you hate us?" Tsunade asked.

"Abandoned me?" Naruto scoffed. And he was further angered when he saw the sadness in his grandmother's eyes. He knew Hibara still blamed herself for not being there for him.

"The only one who abandoned me was you people. Grandmother was in a coma for two years after the village's destruction. Being the queen of the whirlpool village, the people who wanted the destruction of whirlpool were after her, so my mother with father's help treated her in secret."

"Impossible. I would've known if such as thing had happened. I am a top medic, Kushina would've contacted me. She is lying to you Naruto."

"Fool... Mother did try to contact you. In fact, she begged you to come back. But you didn't. Drowning in your sorrow you abandoned the people who still needed you."

Now Tsunade remembered. Kushina had sent letters after letters asking her to come back, not specifying the reason due to security problems. And just like Naruto said, Tsunade has ignored all of them.

Naruto continued, "Then when she did recover from the coma, she was informed that her daughter, son-in-law and their unborn child had perished in the Kyuubi attack. She requested to see the Kyuubi jinchuuriki, but was denied because according to the council the jinchuuriki was safely living with his parents and his identity was made secret for safety reasons."

Naruto glared at the council as he said this. They all sweated when they saw the shimmering anger in his eyes.

"She left the village after that. Hadn't been in contact with any Konoha shinobi and lived in a non-shinobi village for thirteen years, before I found her. She is my grandmother, grand niece of Mito Uzumaki and the former queen of the whirlpool."

The council fell silent. If this was true, then Naruto was also the heir to the daimyo of demon country asnd the whole whirlpool island. The power Naruto held was beyond what they could imagine.

"And for your other questions, yes Kyoshiro is my husband. We married when I turned eighteen that was four years ago. And yes he is the demon country kage. And as for the match, I agree with the terms. If any of the competitors have any problem accepting them, you can forfeit. No one is forcing you to fight. But if you agree to the match you will have to comply with the terms. So anyone who thinks that they'll lose and doesn't want to risk their wealth is free to forfeit." Naruto finished calmly.

The council was mulling over the new information. If all of this was true, having Naruto would give them a major power boost and they would undoubtedly become the strongest shinobi village. They had to have Naruto.

Naruto's eyes were cold and emotionless. But when they met the coal black eyes of the last loyal Uchiha of Konoha as taunting glint entered them.

Sasuke grit his teeth when he saw Naruto looking at him, like hell he would forfeit against the blond. Naruto will belong to him whether he like it or not.

"I agree with the terms. I am not afraid to face the dobe. Just because he has a powerful family doesn't mean that he is strong enough to beat me." The Uchiha scoffed and gave as condensing smirk to Naruto.

This caused a rise in confidence for the rest of the competitors.

"I agree."

"Me too,"

"Yeah, I agree."

"We will get you back Naruto."

"I agree as well."

"Bring it on."

"Get ready to lose Naruto. I and Akamaru will wipe the floor with you."

Murmurs of agreement broke out among the competitors. Naruto skillfully hid the smirk that threatened to break out.

'Well done Sasuke Well done.'

But the next group of answers surprised all of them.

"We forfeit."

Naruto gazed at Neji and Hinata in surprise. Looking into their eyes he knew that they didn't quit because they were afraid of defeat.

"May I as ask why?" Naruto asked curiously.

The rest of the council looked at the duo in anger (Hiashi) and surprise.

"Naruto-san, on that chunin exam years ago, you helped me open my eyes. I understand that you love your life in Demon country. We have wronged you Naruto-san and we deserve your anger and hatred. I want your forgiveness but fighting you in order to force you from a life you clearly love is not the way to ask for forgiveness. But they are all stubborn in their believes and uncle had forced us to participate. But in the presence of the daimyo and given the option to forfeit, I can express my true opinion. I do not wish to fight you Naruto-san, especially for a cause that would hurt you. I hope you forgive me for my actions. I was wrong and ignorant."

Naruto was surprised by the mini-speech given by the normally stoic Neji and was even more surprised by the sincerity. But he stayed silent and emotionless.

"And you? Were you not determined to get me back earlier?" Naruto asked Hinata, seemingly unfazed by Neji's apology.

"My reasons are the same Naruto. I understand that you are happy where you are, I do not want to separate you from those you love. We have already hurt and betrayed you; I will not do it again."

The determination and the lack of stutter were a pleasant surprise.

"Hinata! Neji! I order you to fight this match or you will be expelled from the clan. I will not let you disrespect the clans in such as way." Hiashi said with a glare.

"No. And we are ready to face any punishment for our actions." Neji and Hinata said with conviction.

Hiashi growled. "Then you both are banished and I will put the seal on you Hinata, you are no heir of mine, you failure-"

"ENOUGH!"

Hiashi looked wide-eyed at the daimyo.

"I gave the competitors the opportunity to quit and they did. Banishing them from the clans because of that decision is uncalled for."

Everyone was surprised. Hiashi growled silently. Most people there knew that his next course of action would be to put the caged bird seal on Hinata and make both their lives living hell.

"Then my daughter Hanabi will be participating in the match instead of these two disgraces," Hiashi said garnering their attention.

Hizaki looked thoughtful and then he looked at Naruto,

"The decision rests with you Naruto-san."

Naruto looked at Hiashi who was glaring daggers at Neji and Hinata, and then he looked back at the daimyo.

"I agree."

"Then it shall be. Hanabi Hyuga will fight in the match instead of Neji Hyuga and Hinata Hyuga."

Naruto looked at Hiashi and the two Hyuga that stood tall and unmoving despite the murderous glint in their leader's eyes. Naruto turned his gaze towards his grandmother. She could see the thoughts running through his mind. With a subtle nod from Naruto, Hibara sprung the next trap.

"If I remember Hizaki dono, slavery seals are banished in the fire country... and as far as I know, the Hyuga caged bird seal is a modified slavery seal." Hibara said with a smirk.

The fire daimyo was surprised and furious.

"Is this true Hokage dono?" Hizaki asked Tsunade.

"I am afraid it is. But the Hokage have no right to involve in clans matters." Tsunade said defeated.

"What is the need of as kage if you have no power over your own people Tsunade? This matter will be further investigated and if it is true, the Hyuga clan shall pay the price for using a slavery seal. Now that the matter of the match is decided, and all others except Neji and Hinata have decided to fight. The match shall take place in a week's time at the chunin exam stadium. In the meantime, I will have the Hyuga matter investigated."

Tsunade bowed her head ashamed. Hiashi was having a mental melt down. If the daimyo does investigate the matter, the Hyuga clan will be in trouble. The rest of the council nervously sat as the daimyo and their guards' exited, followed by Naruto and Kyoshiro.

But before they left Sasuke decided to open his mouth,

"Dobe, you know that if you lose you will be under the complete control of the council. And if the council decides that you should leave your current husband and have to marry someone else, you will have to do it." He said smirking.

Naruto raised an eyebrow, "Mmm. Doesn't matter really. It's not like I am going to lose."

He exited the room with a smirk, leaving behind a furious group of people.

Konoha's end has begun, starting with the Hyuga clan.

Well the chapter was as bit rushed and my computer is suffering some problems so it is kind of hard to edit but I did my best. Forgive me if there are too many spelling mistakes.

Review and let me know what you think of this chapter.

Bye for now...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417 47 15
when kenmas suicide attempt fails he's sent back in time to fix his mistakes from years ago, including his relationship with kuroo.
28 0 25
"It turns out that evil is so satisfying!" After venting all the evil fire in his body on the teacher's wife Kushina's delicate body, Kakashi realize...
1.5M 46.4K 36
Naruto had managed to keep the promise made to Sakura: the great Uchiha Sasuke has been brought back to the village. Naruto was then accused of being...
1.3K 418 37
This story is complete I hope you enjoy reading it. Naruto ran away to the ocean to get away from the villagers and from his neglected family for a b...