The Tale of Scarlet and Chloe...

By Awkward_Lena

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be ripped from everything you've ever known? To leave everything yo... More

Crash landing
The robbery
Interrogation
Full Moon Madness part 1 of 2
Full Moon Madness part 2 of 2
Not an update
Remember
Hope and Thunder
The Teleportation theory
The Dungeon Disaster
Kitten Charm
Bloody and Beauty
Another Addition From The Addiction
Writer's block
Chloe and Scarlet's troubles
Not an update but please read
Meeting Hope and Thunder( the cheater)
Tears of hurt and Petals of a Rose
Saying I do?? or you know not?
Heartache and is that blood
Blossoms of love
Lost and Found
Easy times or is it Deadly times
WHYYY WATTPADD WHYY!!! Authors note
Crumbling down
Mate's are hard
...............................SURPRISE!!!!!!!
Author speech
Epilogue

Prologue

388 10 1
By Awkward_Lena

My hands gripped the book tighter, not willing to release it from my grasp.

"Just give me the book already Scarlet, it's not a big deal."

I bit my lip, pouting "It's my diary Chloe, just because we're twins doesn't mean we should share everything"

That's right, I pulled the twin card. Her weakness.

She sulked, "I just wanted to finally see proof that you liked Lu-"

I put a hand over her mouth, hushing her loudly.

"Shh! People might hear you!" I said in a terrified whisper, and she promptly bit my hand.

"Ouch!" I yelled and looked at her with a betrayed glare.

She then grabbed the diary out of my hands and took off running, I gasped and took off after her.

"Chloe!" I yelled at her as I tried to keep up, she looked back briefly and smirked, before running faster.

"How does she manage to run that fast?" I cried out in exasperation, and turned the corner after her, only to trip on a loose stone.

My knees scraped against it and I winced in pain.

A woman nearby noticed my fall, and she rushed over to my aid.

"Miss Night! Are you alright?" She more or less yelled in my ear, and I nodded slowly.

"I'm fine, but-" I stopped speaking as I noticed something weird.

"But what? Do you need an ice pack? I can get you one Miss Night." the lady droned on, clearly fearful that she'd lose her job if I wasn't treated immediately.

I shook my head and stood up, then walking towards the balcony I looked at the mysterious object closer.

"What is that..." I trailed off looking at what appeared to be a ship, or something close to that.

Chloe was nowhere to be found when the sirens started going off, and yes I mean literal sirens.

"Oh dear, Miss Night we must get you back to your parents." She looked off to the side for a moment, "Those sirens can only mean one thing."

I looked up at the older woman and tilted my head, "What does it mean?"

She shuffled uncomfortably, " I probably shouldn't be telling you this. Given you're so young and all. But," she bit her lip. "It means that there was an invasion of the castle."

My eyes widened and I took a step back, stumbling a bit. "I-invasion of the castle?"

She nodded grimly. "Afraid so, my dear."

"Then I have to find my sister, she was just here a minute ago," I said scanning the area, Chloe still nowhere to be found.

"That won't be necessary Miss Night," her voice turned bitter, and I looked back hesitantly.

Only to see that the woman helping me was holding a knife, a wild look in her eyes.

It made her look like I was her prey, and she was ready to pounce.

"Y-you!" I stuttered out, not exactly sure what to make of her. Besides being afraid, I knew nothing about her intentions, only that they were most likely murderous.

The woman stepped closer, drawing in near my face.

"No sense in formality now Scarlet, might as well jump right to the good part."

I narrowed my eyes, "I don't see anything good about threatening a twelve-year-old with a knife."

She tsked, "Well, for one thing, I get to hear the satisfying scream of the daughter of the people who made my life a living hell for years. Treated me like a slave, made me wait on their bratty kid's hand and foot, with no thanks provided!"

A smirk danced on her lips as she held up the knife, its blade gleaming in the light. "Seems pretty good to me."

As soon as a scream was about to escape my lips, the woman suddenly collapsed on the cobblestone. Her eyes shutting, and the knife dropping to the ground with a loud metal clattering noise.

A terrified expression on my face I looked behind her, only to see Chloe standing there holding a frying pan. Looking like she had just killed someone, or to be more accurate. Knocked someone out with a frying pan.

"Scarlet, are you alright?" she asked me gently and walked over helping me stand.

I nodded slowly,"I'm fine."

We went upstairs to Chloe's bedroom as fast as we could, and she locked the door behind her.

"The alarm that went off, do you think it was because of the woman?" I asked in a quiet voice and she shook her head.

"Honestly I think she took the sirens as an opportunity to get some kind of revenge against Mom and Dad."

I sighed, "Some people are just complete idiots."

"An idiot who almost killed you." She quickly reminded me and I groaned.

"Yeah, I guess so."

Just as she was about to protest a loud knocking interrupted her, making us both look over to the door.

"Open the door!"

It was our mother's voice.

Chloe jumped up and went to the door, unlocking it.

Our mother ran inside, our father followed quickly behind.

"What's wrong?" I asked in a small voice, and she sat next to me on Chloe's bed, stroking my hair.

"Something has happened, and I'm afraid it isn't something that can be fixed easily."

I looked over at Chloe, who in turn had a confused look on her face.

Our father cleared his throat,"What your mother is trying to say is that you can't stay here any longer, it's not safe."

I looked up at my mother," Mom?"

She had a few tears streaming down her cheeks and I instinctively started to worry.

Mother never cried, not even when Grandma died. She never cried.

Chloe seemed to have taken notice of this too because she had run over and put a hand on her shoulder.

She turned her head towards our father, "What do you mean 'you', don't you mean 'we'?"

He shook his head solemnly.

She looked mortified, "What! No, we can't just leave."She hissed out the word 'leave' like it was a poison in her mouth.

Our mother sighed, "I know it can't be easy, it isn't easy!" By now she had calmed her tears, but her voice still seemed broken.

She seemed broken.

Grabbing my shoulders she half whispered, half pleaded,"But you girls, you need to be safe."

By now I realized I was crying too, "Mom?" I cried out desperately and she smiled sadly.

"Scarlet, you're a strong girl, "she glanced over at Chloe" both of you are strong and smart, and I know that you will be fine without...."

At first, she seemed like she didn't want to continue, but then she looked back and stood up, releasing me from her grasp.

I flinched at the sudden action.

"Without us." My father continued for her and pulled my mother into his arms.

"There isn't much time, we need to leave now." he finished and motioned for us to come with him.

Chloe being the more silent one, finally spoke up in a raspy voice, "Isn't there anything we can do!"

"Chloe...." I trailed off and she looked at me, a fire in her eyes.

"What? What is it Scarlet! Can you honestly be okay with this! Can you really be alright with the fact we have to abandon everything?!"

I'm sure I looked hurt, and immediately she looked regretful. "Scarlet, I'm-"

I shrugged,"You're just scared Chloe, we all are."

"Before we leave, can't we at least have something to take with us?" I asked looking up at my mother.

"Like you and father." is what I wanted to say.

Instead, I said, "Like a memento of sorts?" Tears still shone in my eyes, and they both nodded, albeit hesitantly.

Grabbing my necklace from the dresser, I walked back over.

Chloe had grabbed a book, and since it was tucked under her arm I couldn't read the title.

"Time to go." My father said in a sympathetic voice, and I bit my lip for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

So we went, we followed him to a dark room.

Not knowing that this was the last time we'd ever see them again.

Giving both of us a hug, our mother told us that we'd be going to sleep for a little while, and when we woke up we'd be on a new planet.

A place called Earth?

It seemed like a decent place, but with everything going on the last place I'd want to go.

Getting inside the ship, I gave one last look at our parents, waving to them sadly.

I probably looked like the poster child for being a new orphan, tears, dirt, and a scraped knee.

Which in all the fuss, I had completely forgotten my pain about.

I had new pain to distract me from it, I suppose.

Chloe hadn't shed one tear or at least any that I had been able to see.

She just sat in her seat, unmoving, and staring off into nothingness.

I reached out to comfort her and she slapped my hand away.

"Just, don't Scarlet."

Sniffling, I backed away.

Then sat in my own seat, looking at the necklace my mother had given me for my birthday.

A voice told us to strap ourselves in, and that shortly we'd be out of harm's way.

I wish I could say the same for our parents.

Soon I began to feel sleepy, and before I blacked out a single thought ran through my head.

"I'll miss this place."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69 21 11
Angel and Santana thought their dreadful lives were finally back to normal. But does normal really include hiding things from each other? Both of the...
73.7K 579 8
Thereโ€™s something wrong with me. Itโ€™s hidden, under the skin where nobody can see, but I know. I know, my parents know, and my baby sister Anna kno...
34 6 6
The Universe is dying. Few of those who were living knew. And fewer know why. Much that was once was, is lost. For none now lived, remember it. It ha...
15.6K 419 33
Years before when i turned 16 years old things happened that scared my sisters nd my life forever. I lost my family by a fire that was caused by a hu...