The Nobodies * Original Versi...

By AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Sylvie lives in the woods. She takes care of a pack of wolves and they protect her. that's the de... More

Preface *Edited
Chapter One *Edited
Chapter Two *Edited
Chapter Three *Edited
Chapter Four *Edited
Chapter Five *Edited
Chapter Six *Edited
Chapter Seven *Edited
Chapter Eight *Edited
Chapter Nine {Seth's POV} *Edited
Chapter Ten *Edited
Chapter Eleven *Edited
Chapter Twelve *Edited
Chapter Thirteen. *Edited
Chapter Fourteen *Edited
Chapter Fifteen {Seth POV} *Edited
Chapter Sixteen *Edited
Chapter Seventeen *Edited
Chapter Eighteen *Edited
Chapter Nineteen {Seth's POV} *Edited
Chapter Twenty *Edited
Chapter Twenty-One *Edited
Chapter Twenty-Two {Seth's POV} *Edited

Epilogue *Edited

13K 894 61
By AmberLeeH13

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song Of The Chapter: "We're Far Enough From Heaven Now We Can Freak Out" By Deep Cotton

Epilogue: First Date.

*The Day After The Big Showdown*

Seth sat across the table from me looking as perfect as ever. His wounds had healed overnight like the lucky wolf boy he was while I was stuck on human healing time. My arm still ached but it was scabbing over a bit causing me to fight the undeniable urge I had to pick at it. Seth was quick with a swatting hand if I so much as lifted my hand in an itching motion. He was lucky I loved him; as much as I did otherwise I would have bit his hand instead of simply attempting to.

Seth looked as delicious as ever in his dark green t-shirt, highlighting his eyes, dark wash jeans, and a pair of black boots. I, on the other hand, was in dressed in a strapless navy blue summer dress with my regular black converse and my copper mess of curls in a messy bun with a few pieces loose but my bangs off my face, for once. My male companion seemed to love this dress because as soon as he saw me in it he pinned me against a wall made out with me for a half hour.

Not that I was complaining.

“Hello, my name is Brittney, how can I serve you today?”

I looked up to see the same peppy blonde waitress from last time but this time she was eyeing the wrong man. Her tone was husky and she was batting her mascara-incrusted eyelashes at him like he’d get caught in her web. Her pretty blue eyes were begging to be plucked out if she didn’t stop looking at him like that…like in five seconds. She looked at me finally and gave me a once over before recognition came into her features.

“Oh it’s you again, what happened to the blonde guy you were with last time? What was his name? Ethan?” she said with fake enthusiasm in her tone.

I mirrored her tone. “Yup, Ethan. He left town.”

“Wow, do you know why?”

I made my expression turn thoughtful. “Maybe it was all those herpes I gave him.”

Seth choked on his iced tea laughing while Brittney flinched back in disgust. Her lip glossed lips curled up and she turned her head away from me as I smiled pleasantly back at her. Shaking her head and wording the word ‘slut’ quietly she pulled out her notepad and looked over Seth all wonderstruck again.

“What can I get you, Sir?”

Seth was still recovering from his outburst so he just pointed at the breakfast platter while still coughing a little. I guess ice tea down the wrong tube can probably burn a bit, I thought absently. When Brittney’s bitchy gaze turned to me her voice was way less enthused.

“And you?”

I shrugged and closed the menu, “How about a burger and fries.”

“How do you want the patty?”

I turned to Seth linking my eyes with his, “Raw.”

“I’m sorry?” she asked leaning closer.

I smiled at her politely. “Medium will be fine.”

She rolled her eyes. “Okay. Anything else?”

“Nope.” I said popping the ‘p’ and shooting her an overly cheerful smile. It apparently freaked her out because she speed walked away from me, her blonde ponytail again doing that swishy thing. Back and forth. Back and forth. Yup, still hypnotizing.

“So this is a date, huh?” Seth rasped, still recovering.

Jeeze, he could recover from a fatal wound in ten minutes but a little iced tea down the wrong tube and he still sounded like he was dying. If Seth was anything to go by male werewolves were big ole wimps.

I shrugged. “I guess. I mean this is only my second date ever. Isn’t it weird to think that it was in this very diner?”

Seth growled under his breath, “Yeah well this one will be better.”

“Will it now?”

He grinned. “Of course, love, this date is with me and you know they’ll be a goodnight kiss and if you’re feeling generous a bit more than that later on.”

I mentally smirked, he just opened the door and I was going to slither in. Since Seth and I had yet to mate, though heavy petting and other…alternatives were ever present in our little pow wows we never sealed the deal. I wasn’t ignorant enough to not notice how antsy he was getting about the subject so this was my perfect opportunity to get him riled up. And riling Seth up was too fun to pass up. He was simply too easy. I just smiled slightly at him and waited until he went to take another drink of his iced tea before I decided to pull out the big guns. If this horny little mutt wanted to get raunchy then we would, he just needed to know what he had started.

“Baby is that your nice way of asking if you can get in my pants?” I asked sweetly.

It worked as planned to because he immediately spit his iced tea across the table. I burst out laughing dropping my head onto the only dry part of the table and laughing so hard I was sure my gut would split. His face was a picture. His green eyes wide in surprise as he tried desperately to keep the tea in his mouth before spewing it all over like an elephant on a hot day.

In summary, it was priceless.

“Jesus, Sylvie.” He coughed, “Do you have to do that when I’m drinking every time?”

I grinned at him still chuckling. “You're just too easy.”

“Is that a no?”

I raised an eyebrow at his sudden deflation. “Was that a serious proposal of sex?”

“Mating.” He corrected swiftly.

“Whatever.”

“And what if it was?”

“Then no.”

“What?” he whined, widening his eyes in a sickening begging look, “Come on Sylvie, I love you, you love me, we both almost died, don’t I deserve a reward?”

“A reward? Do you think I owe you sex, Seth?”

The panic was quick and I almost lost my composer. Of course I wasn’t really mad and of course I really wanted Seth but again, he was just too fun to mess with. So I kept my annoyed borderline offended look on my face as I watched as he internally chase after his tail trying to look for a solution that would make me happy.

“No!” he finally burst with, “I don’t want you to feel like you have to I just…don’t you want me?”

I snorted and he flinched. I quickly amended the noise. “Seth, all I do is want you. Hell, every girl wants you; you’re sexy as hell. If there are two things you should never doubt it’s that I love you and I would love to jump every minute of everyday, okay? Seth wipe that shit eating grin off your face.”

Seth’s grin was pure wolf. “Nope, you said it now. Its out in the open and I won’t be getting rid of this grin anytime soon so get used to it, babe.”

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. Penny was across the street gleaming like a beaten up penny in the sunlight. She looked great but Seth was trying to convince me to let him fix her up, it wasn’t happening. She was my baby with or without being able to ear yourself think when the muffler had rusted off making it sound like a Harley Davidson then a beaten to shit Ford.

Suddenly two arms were under me lifting me from the booth. I squealed and looked over to see Seth simply grinning at me mischieviously. He dug into his front pocket and dropped three crumpled twenties on the table before adjusting me so I was in a bridal hold. He kissed me quick and hard before carrying me towards the door.

“Um, Seth, what the fuck are you doing?”

“Taking you home?” he said simply.

“Why?”

He just winked at me and I giggled. Oh my god, he was such a horn dog! As we walked out we passed a wide-eyed Brittney who looked flustered as she talked to some girls around her age in a booth.

“Is that her?” one girl whispered to Brittney making the blonde nod with a disgusted look. “Wow, she must be really good to get a guy that hot.”

I grinned at the girls and winked. “I’m the best, right, babe?’

He kissed my cheek, “The best.”

“Damn straight.”

Seth carried me out and I never felt more than happy. I had a person who loved me and I loved back. It may seem incrediably stupid of sappy but it was all I needed. The wolves had been my family while I lived in isolation but now I only needed one wolf, my wolf, my Seth. He was the only one I needed.

I wasn’t lonely anymore and I was feeling things for the first time in years.

So, I sighed wistfully, this is what happiness felt like.

It felt good.

Thank god for dead men on porches.  

**************************************************************

Thank you guys for reading the now edited version of this story. I feel much better now with its new cover and fixed up as well as someone with my grammar possibilites can do. I hope you enjoyed it. It was my first official story on Wattpad so I can promise you its not going anywhere. Again, thank you so much for reading :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 129 37
Brock is given a second chance not only to find himself, but his second chance mate. But what happens when his mate has a tragic past? Will they be a...
46K 2.2K 102
*NOTE: This Story is Complete! When the most powerful Alpha buys me at an underground auction, I never dreamed he would claim me as his Mate. Brenn...
553 111 40
this story follows the POV of the alpha of the green waters pack after the disaster of his friend's home. the second POV is of a worrier in the black...
4.6K 520 31
"I said goodbye to Roze as I go to get my supplies. It's times like this that make me wonder... Maybe if my mother never gave me up I would be treate...