The Dead Groom's Bride

De Jan-Jan2000

Highest rank #1 in Adventure # 1 in FantasyAdventure Ling-ling was struggling financially when a proposition... Mais

Unexpected Visitors
A marriage proposal from a dead man.
The Ghost Bride
Must be a different Bolin I know
Sweet Dreams
Dead husband to be haunts me in my dream
It's not nice to haunt my dreams.
Help, I've been drugged!
Trapped in my dream wedding
This nightmare is too much, I think I'm going to have a heart attack.
The strange nameless man
It's all fun and games until I wind up stuck in my dream
Accidental trip to the Spirit World
I'm so hungry, I could eat a cow
Not only he's arrogant, he's also rude!
Here comes the scary looking monsters
I hate frogs
How the heck did I wind up in this mess?
When things get real that's when I have to leave
Shut up and get me out of here.
Helpless like a lost kitten
There's a fine line between sexy and arrogance
The most handsome face
Go send me home already
I could really use a break from all these chase
Transmigration, Here I come!
STOP!!!
I have some exciting story to tell my grandchildren someday
I must be a sucker for pain since I'm willing to do this all over again
Desperate times call for desperate measure
Wait, I think I remember this movie
The Sacrificial Bride
Stop feeding me, I don't want to eat
Trapped in the Spirit World
The Circle of life
Falling in love is easy, especially when he's kind and beautiful
Junjie ❤️
A Private Date
Time skip because writer is bad at writing slow burn romance
The kind of first kiss worth dying for
This must be what true love feels
Live, Die, Repeat
Fated to be together
Look for me when I'm gone
She could've been born as a male for all we know.
Damsel in distress
Turn back the time
Home not so sweet home
She's important
Stupid woman can't remember her own husband
Shut up and kiss me
Let's take you home
Entitled dragon prince
Male lead vs second male lead.
The prince was a tweenager.
I'm not a wishing dragon
Call me daddy
Baby making time
Time skip, 10 years later.

The richest people in town

11.4K 655 87
De Jan-Jan2000

"No!" She yelled helplessly when she felt someone's rough hand slapped her cheek.

Her eyes fluttered open and found her mother hovered over her face, so close that it made an uncomfortable twist in her stomach. For a moment, she thought it was a ghoul. Her mother's face was the last thing Ling Ling wanted to see after having a romantic dream.

"Wake up, Ling Ling!" Her mother slapped her daughter again.

Ling Ling hissed and yanked herself up. Her hand lifted to caress her red cheek. The stung of her mother's hand left an annoying ache. "I'm awake, woman!"

"What happen to you?" Her mother asked, worry and irritation laced her thin voice as though she couldn't decide whether to be concern or scold her child. She decided to scold Ling Ling. "When last time you ate?" She picked up her daughter's arm and wiggled it. "Look at you, you so skinny Ling Ling, you no eat. That probably why you passed out!"

Ling Ling held the urge to roll her eyes. "I've been skinny all my life, ma! Or did you just noticed it?"

Her mother dropped Ling Ling's arm and pursed her lip. "Why you talk back to your mother? I raised you better than that!" Her mother snarled.

"Oh, please." Said Ling Ling. "I've been a better daughter than most of the neighborhood girls."

At eighteen, Ling Ling had taken over as the main breadwinner of her family working two jobs. She leaves early in the morning to work in an early morning shift as a cashier at a bakery then walk over to another shop to work as a sales clerk later in the afternoon. It's a grueling sixteen to eighteen hours of work everyday for the young woman who's still in her teens.

"Mrs. Chang was crying the other day because Hui had gotten pregnant by Hooney while he's  engaged to someone else."

Her mother stopped Ling Ling with a raise of a finger and dropped her eyelids closed. The corner of her mouth twitched. "It displeases me when you gossip about neighborhood girls. I raised you better than that!" Her mother reprimanded but found Ling Ling's gossip too juicy to refrain. The woman leaned closer with eager ears. "So, how far along is she?"

"A few weeks at least." Ling Ling responded.

Her mother tossed her head back in laughter. She laughed until her breath hitched then halted suddenly pointing a dangerous glare at her daughter. "Don't you get pregnant like her!"

Ling Ling furrowed her pretty eyebrows. To think her mother would've given her some slack already, she had been responsible all her life and getting pregnant was the least on her mind.

"I don't even have a boyfriend, ma! And besides, I'm about to get married to a dead man, the chances of me getting pregnant is as good as a nun."

...Unless she's talking about one of those naughty nuns.

*****

Note: I think the hardest thing to write is her mother's accent. I'm practically writing my own mother here. Asian moms are vicious.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

362 33 19
Not knowing how she died, the main character was transmigrated into a guide-verse novel. A finished novel, and a novel she had read before her death...
2.5M 131K 68
WATTPAD FEATURED BOOK Highest Rank: #2 In Werewolf WARNING: NON CLICHE. "Move or I'll put soap in your eyes." I warned, as Ocean continued to blo...
1.1K 241 25
🐲Book 1 of Royal series Stumbling upon a dragon beneath her Castle at a young age, Princess Mae had wanted to follow the natural instinct to scream...
8.4K 803 22
A novice cupid needs to help a girl and a ghost fulfil their romantic destiny after he mistakenly ties one end of the red string to the wrong boy. ...