The Alpha's Mermaid

By cecil_flores

She wanted to die. They couldn't let her do that. Now she's a part of them. Living an eternal life with no en... More

♦Prologue♦
♦Awakening♦
♦ Attack ♦
♦ Mermaid ♦
♦ Pack ♦
♦ A Creature of the Sea ♦
♦ A Soft Laugh ♦
♦Soul ♦
♦ Home ♦
♦ Family ♦

♦ Land Monsters ♦

2.1K 63 13
By cecil_flores

Mitchell Wick plays Vadik. Still looking for who plays our mermaid.

Chapter 5

To be on land, touching soil once again, was not something I imagined would happen.

These land monsters surrounding me smell of repulsing odors. Smelling of the ocean water closest to the land. Trash and filth.

I watch as their animalistic bodies morph into men fully unclothed.

"They're real..."

"Let's take her back with us."

"This is pack territory. We shouldn't even be here."

"Fuck that pack, if we take her we'll be stronger than them." My eyes shift back and forth at the men arguing. They are loud creatures. If only they were human.

I lick my moist (that word gives me bad goosebumps omg) lips as I crave for human flesh.

"That's just a myth."

"It is just a myth." I clarify. They all turn to face me with very shocked looks on their faces. Do they not know I can talk?

"She's probably lying."

"Why would she?"

"She doesn't want us to use her that's why."

"Stop fighting. We're going to take her back with us. She's injured too so we'll help her. Alpha Vadik is coming over to meet with us soon so let's do this quickly." I hear growls and their anger skyrockets.

"Why is he coming here?"

"There's no reason for him to approach us."

They bend down to grab me but I move back. "Do not touch me." I warn them.

"If you don't want us to carry you then you'll need to walk. Either way you'll be coming with us." The most rational man explains. The same man that told them to stop fighting.

"How can I walk if I do not have le..." I look down as my scales dissolve into warm golden skin. I gasp and touch my tail to keep my scales from disappearing. Come back!

"Calm down."

"Do not tell me what to do." I snap my teeth at him. He jumps back and a look of horror crosses his face.

"Look we need to go now. Please let us help you."

"I do not need your help." I glare, the need for the water growing inside me. My throat itches at the need for salt water.

"Can you walk? Try to get up." The man ignores my previous comment. I push up with my hands and arms, my legs weakly bend as I try to steadily stand. I grimace at the pain pulsating up my legs. I hesitantly move my leg forward but my foot weakens and wobbles, making my body fall forward. The man catches me before I hit the ground and holds me close against him. He's so warm, compared to my cold skin, the feeling is heavenly. It sends warmth across my skin just like boy from before.

"I've got you." I look up at his brown eyes. He looks up at the others, "can one of you give her a shirt?" They look at one another and one of them shrugs grabs for a piece of white cloth on the ground, filled with stains and dirt. He hands it to the man holding me and without letting go of my waist, he pulls the shirt over my head and puts it on me.

"I'm going to carry you, is that alright?" I nod knowing very well I wouldn't be able to walk on my own. He bends down and wraps an arm around my legs. In one swift movement he's holding me in his arms.

He begins to walk away from the harbor and I watch the ocean until I can't see it anymore.

"Do you have a name?" I look at him as he looks at me.

"A name? No. Do you have a name?"

"Theo." I look down at my legs and frown at their appearance. I do not like them, at all. "Why don't you have a name?" He asks.

"I did a very long time ago but time has made my memory fade. I do not remember my name." Why can I not remember?

"Would you like one?"

"No." I answer.

"Why not?"

"A name would tie me to this dry land." I answer him truthfully. I feel as if I can trust this man. When I look into his eyes, it is an endless feeling of comfort.

"Is that so bad?" I don't answer him.

We arrive to an area surrounded by trees and as I look at the sun, it's begun to dim. I sniff the air but there's no trace of the ocean's breeze anywhere.

"Why are we so far from the sea?"

"We need to be. That was Pain's territory. If they catch us there, they'll kill us."

"Is that why you all harbor hateful feelings for them?" The men tsk and their eyes turn red.

"We're rogues and they're a pack."

Stepping through the brush and past the trees, small cloth houses appear in my line of vision. Children run across us, spreading joy and laughter. More of their kind come out of the cloth houses to greet the men around me.

"Welcome back!"

"Who's that Theo?" A girl with dark hair furrows her brows and leans her weight to one side.

"A Mermaid. We fished her out of the sea." No they did not. Was what I would have said. But the man that gave me the shirt seemed proud of such a false act therefore, I let it be.

"Seriously? For real? Holy crap!"

"What is the difference?" I ask Theo.

"Difference of what?"

"Rogues and a pack." I answer.

"Rogues are feral and unpredictable. Rogues are outcasts in our community. Rogues are hated for their wild and dangerous nature." The man says as if reciting something.

"So we stick together because together we're safer and stronger." Theo adds.

"And a pack?"

"They're a family of werewolves who share a bond, live together, fight together, etc. To be in a pack is to be accepted by our society."

"Bullshit if you ask me. They're cocky motherfuckers that have money and mansions and territory that makes them official."

"Are you not a pack? Do you not share a bond? I feel your love for each other. Emotions of security and fear of getting hurt." They go silent and feelings of uncertainty fill the atmosphere.

"Let's get someone to patch you u...p?" Theo gives me a curious look. "You're wounds, they've healed up."

"Theo, they're here!" A child comes in through the trees.

"Gather the children and take them to the tent farthest from here. The rest of you can join this meeting or stay back with the children." He looks at me and places me on my feet. They tremble.

"Disik take her with the children." A man walks towards us. As our eyes meet his movements cease.

"I want to witness what is to come." Theo looks at me oddly but nods. I let Disik go and he gives me a curious stare before joining the rest. I watch men and women gather behind Theo in an attempt to look intimidating. Theo takes a few steps forward as two men come from the trees.

I see the difference. These two men have an air of power and authority. They walk with confidence and pride. They smell clean and... sweet, their clothes are clean and fresh, the opposite of these people.

"Alpha Pain, hello, what brings you and your beta here?" Theo's voice is low, almost as if warning the two men. I touch Theo's shoulder in an attempt to use him to take a step forward. When I do I hear a heart accelerate. I look up at one of the two men as he stalks forward. My eyes widen at his violent tug as he grabs my waist and breaks me apart from Theo. Theo yells and reaches for my hand but this man bares his fangs, stopping Theo in his tracks.

"Stand down, it's alright." Theo puzzlingly warns his people.

I look into the eyes of the man who is holding me as if too afraid to let go. I touch his brow and he closes his vibrant red eyes. After a moment he opens them and looks at Theo with his eyes hardened.

"We've come to make a proposal."

.
.
Okay sooo... a lot happened this chapter 😂 I hope you enjoyed the read! Also it's not edited so sorry!

What do you think of their encounter???

Do you ship it?

And did y'all notice something missing with our mermaid? Here's a hint... haha jk figure it out 😘

.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 525 8
HIS DESTINED MATE -- PUBLISHING He wasn't her mate, and she would never allow herself to be tied down to a man she could never love. She wanted a fa...
690 46 22
I knew there was always something special about me. I knew I was different from all the other girls. I could feel things before they actually happene...
32.4K 5.9K 154
One of the most painful things on earth is to lose a loved one. Whether in death or heartbreak. It's a pain different from all others. You feel ever...
1.5K 52 36
After the accident Eve isn't the same. Her life no longer resembles what it once was. The people she trusted feel like strangers. She's looking for m...