Dealing with Karter

SmilerXO

[COMPLETED] There's something about family, you would do anything for them... especially if your twin brother... Еще

Chapter 1: Star Crossed
Chapter 2: First Impressions
Chapter 3: Plan B
Chapter 4: Reccomendation
Chapter 5: Rumour has it
Chapter 6: Bad Crowd
Chapter 7: Truce
Chapter 8: Phone Call
Chapter 9: Harley
Chapter 10: Princess
Chapter 11: Questions
Chapter 12: Ice Cream
Chapter 13: Photobooth
Chapter 14: Fight
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Jared
Chapter 17: Bathroom
Chapter 19: Date
Chapter 20: Meeting
Chapter 21: Permission
Chapter 22: Homecoming
Chapter 23: Trial/ EPILOGUE

Chapter 18: Seek

489 30 7
SmilerXO

I felt my insides shatter.

Karter overheard me revealing the deal I made with Jared.

I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Jared's  expression was sad and guilty.

I looked around for him, he was obviously gone. "I-I need to find him."

"I will help you," Jared nodded.

I shook my head. "No, I need to do this one my own."

Jared frowned. "It's my fault Livia, all this is my fault. I'll fix it, I promise. Come on sis."

I realized there was no point in arguing with Jared over this. He needed this. He was a good brother despite his antics.

I followed him outside to his car and I directed him down the path Karter usually takes home or to work. We checked Momo's first, maybe he liked chocolate cake too when he was sad. It was a dead end. We drove to his house. I knocked on his door hoping someone will open. The door suddenly opened and Karter's grandmother stood on the other side.

"Livia my dear," she smiled warmly. "What brings you here? Shouldn't you be at school with Karter? Unless you two were sneaking of..."

I could hear her suspicion and once I matched them to her red cheeks I knew what he was thinking. Two teenagers sneaking off from school to an empty home.

"No!" I squeaked. "I was just looking for him!"

Her eyes seemed calculating as they roamed my face. "You fought didn't you?"

I hesitated, but she knew. She was good. "Yes..."

A frown tugged on her lips. "Oh no. That doesn't do." She made a tsk sound. "This boy is hard to get through to, but if you do he has a beautiful heart."

I knew that! That's why I fell for him!

"Where can he be?" I asked desperately.

She scrunched her eyebrows deep in thought. "Last time he was upset, Maddy found him sitting on a park bench now I—"

I cut her off with a quick hug. "Thank you!"

The older woman was taken by surprise before she hugged me back. "I'm rooting for you."

I smiled widely before running to the park between our homes. I heard Jared call after me but I didn't stop for him. I ran to the large park, my eyes darting from bench to bench looking for Karter. I almost didn't see him. Under a large tree, hidden in the shade sat a tall brooding boy. I ran to him and stopped a few feet back. I was scared. I knew it didn't look good. It wasn't good. This whole thing was horrible. I wanted him to forgive me, but I knew if he didn't than I deserved it.

I messed up. I needed to fix my own mistakes. Woman up Livia!

I walked hesitantly towards Karter. He seemed to sense someone near him since he turned his head in my direction. He suddenly jumped up, his whole body tensed and a dark expression on his face. He turned on his heels ready to walk away.

"Wait Karter, please you need to hear me out," I cried after him.

He quickly whipped back in my direction. "I don't need to listen to anything. I already heard everything I needed to hear."

I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "You obviously did not hear it all then. Just hear me out."

He took an intimidating step forward. "Are you going to tell me you didn't conspire with your brother to get me to like you?"

My lips parted. "No that's not! Yes, I did, but—"

"And that it wasn't all a plan to get your brother hooking up with my sister?" He added with disgust.

"Not hooking up! He just wanted to-"

"That's disgusting," Karter spat. "You two are horrible people, I can't really say that I'm surprised. I guess this will give all your friends a real laugh now huh? Look at Karter, what an idiot, thinking he could date a Murphy."

No! No! No!

"Karter, please just-"

"I'm done with all this Murphy, just leave me and my family alone. Our lives are not a game for your entertainment. I'm serious, leave us alone," he said sternly before turning on his heels once again and walked away. I watched him leave like an idiot. I couldn't move. I couldn't yell. I was broken on the inside and I deserved it. I brought it on myself.

"Liv," Jared's familiar voice came from beside me. I looked at him through blurred eyes. I saw his whole face change. He looked sad and guilty at first, but now he looked angry and determined. "Get in the car, I'll be right back."

"Jared, don't do anything—"

"In the car Liv," he guided my shoulders in the direction where he had parked the car. I listened to him because at this point I had no strength to do otherwise.

*** Jared's POV ***

All I saw was red. I know I fucked up. Big time. I never meant to hurt Livia, I never thought that doing all this was actually torturing her. I guess I didn't know her as good as I thought I did. She was a good person, of course hurting somebody else would break her. God, I'm such an idiot.

I knew at first it was just the deal, but later I could see Livia falling for Karter. I don't know how that guy did it. I would see her stare after him longingly, the way she would say his name would suddenly change, the mention of him would make her blush. I knew she was falling for him before she even figured it out herself. Heck, even Manny noticed.

And now that jerk broke her heart. That meant he broke my other half. I couldn't stand that.

I marched the direction Karter had stalked off too, I needed to find him. I saw him walking a few blocks ahead, his black hood thrown over his head. I put my athletic body to good use and ran after him. Finally reaching him, I put my arm on his shoulder and spun him around. His eyes widened in shock before it was replaced with a murderous look. He looked like he was about to beat the shit out of me.

"I get it Pierce, you feel played and heartbroken. You heard right, I did force Livia to pursue you. You would never give me a chance with Maddy. And dammit Karter, I really like your sister and would never hurt her. You forced my hand. I admit it was stupid, force you to let me date your sister if you were dating mine. But Livia is innocent in all this. Your fight is with me," I said sternly.

I could see Karter was ready to argue, but I didn't give him the chance. "She didn't want to do any of this. Before she even knew you she said she would not want to hurt another person like that. But I forced her. Me. I blackmailed her. It would have ruined her whole high school year. She was protecting herself. And even after I blackmailed her she kept trying to get out of our deal. She begged me a lot of times, but I kept threatened her to continue. What you heard in the hall? That was her insulting me. She had been giving me the silent treatment because I forced her to do this when she didn't want to. That was her telling me to shove my deal up my ass and go ahead and do my worse to her because she cares for you more than she fears me and the whole school. Don't be an idiot Karter, you had a great thing. Don't let your hurt ego get in the way. Livia is fucking perfect. You and I both know that. You think you're heartbroken now? You should see her. I swear Karter, if she still didn't like you I'd beat the shit out if you."

Even though Karter had a better reason to beat me up, I still wanted to hit him for hurting my sister. But, we both hurt her. We were both at fault.

With that I turned on my heels and went to find my sister. If this guy was a bit smart, he'd get his shit together and fix this.

*** Livia's POV ***

Jared looked mad as hell. I hope he didn't hurt Karter. We had already done more than enough damage. He wouldn't tell me what he said or did to him. I hope it was nothing bad.

Jared drove us home and dived into the kitchen pulling out all the comfort food we had. He did a good job at distracting me.

It was a little awkward when my parents came home. They obviously noticed my distraught state. I didn't want them to hate Karter. Jared covered for me quick, he said some girls at school were saying some nasty things about me. I kept looking at my phone hoping Karter would call me or text me. Instead I got a text from Madeline asking me what happened and why her brother was in a pissy mood. Another few texts from Manny, turns out Jared texted him.

There was a knock on the door.

"Probably Manny," said Jared as he stood up to answer the door.

I stood up too. "I'll get it. I don't want you witnessing Manny insulting me for not telling him myself."

Jared laughed at that and shook his head at the thought. He plopped himself back on the couch reaching for his phone. I walked to the front door and yanked it open. "Before you start--"

It was not Manny.

It was Karter.

I tried reading his expression, but I was lost.

What was he doing here?

I opened my mouth, but Karter beat me to it. "Is it true?"

I furrowed my brows and stepped outside closing the door behind me. I didn't want Jared hearing him. "Is what true?"

"What Jared said? About you not wanting to do this, but you were blackmailed to?" He asked.

Jared said that?

I hesitantly shook my head. "Did you really think I would for fun?"

He clenched his jaw.

"Maybe before I met you, but now... You got me thinking different." He paused. "Maddy. That's my family Liv. My family. You should know how much she means to me after everything. With everything that's going on, you should have known what figuring out that you were using me would do. I can't handle no more Liv. I just can't. Especially not now."

Tears were building up in my eyes. I knew. I would ruin him. Whatever part of him that hadn't been broken yet would have shattered.

"That's why I tried stopping it," I sniffed. "I wanted to tell you, but I didn't think you'd forgive me. I--"

I had to stop. I was on the verge of crying. I couldn't cry any more.

"You're right, I wouldn't," he clenched his hands at his sides.

That's it. He wasn't going to forgive me.

I nodded my head and turned around.

Before I could turn the door handle, Karter spoke. "Why did you want to stop the deal with Jared? Why were you willing to let him follow through with the blackmail?"

It seems like Jared told him everything.

I turned my head to the side. "Because I would rather have my life ruined than ruin someone else's."

I reached for the handle again, but the way Karter said my name made me stop.

"Livia. Can you please look at me."

I bit my lip and slowly turned to face him.

His once hard face was now soft. "I would like to believe that after all our time together that I know you. I know you are caring. I know you stubbornly don't listen to others. I know you follow what you believe is right. I know your heart is pure. That's what's driving me crazy. That I should be mad at you, but I can't. That I still trust you when normally I wouldn't."

Wait... did he forgive me? Did he not hate me?

"Is the deal with Jared officially over?" He asked me. I nodded my head unable to formulate words.

He took a step forward. "Was anything between us real?"

My body shook in anger. "Of course it was. None of that was a lie. I swear it."

He nodded his head as if believing my words. He started to reach for my hand but stopped. "Livia... can we start over?"

I let out a breath of air that I didn't know I was holding. My smile broke across my face. "Of course."

He let out a breathy laugh. This time he did grab my hand. "Well then Ms. Murphy, I would love it if you would go out on a date with me."

I nodded my head enthusiastically. I felt like this was all a dream.

"What, no romantic make out?" Manny's familiar voice sounded from nearby. I quickly took a step away from Karter as if we were caught doing something inappropriate.

My eyes found Manny standing at the edge of our driveway. I could see the proud smirk he was trying to hide.

Karter blushed furiously barely looking me in the eye. "I'll see you tomorrow Liv."

I watched Karter leave before turning my attention to Manny. "Way to go Manuel."

Manny laughed at my anger. I knew the gleam in his eyes. He loved the drama and there was a lot coming his way. "Tell me everything."

I couldn't really be mad at him. After all, Karter just forgave me.

We were good again.

Maybe better.

————————————————————-

Don't be silent readers!

Vote and comment!

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Love ya!

XO

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.3K 297 50
Four imperfect siblings of the Malik family face many trials as they try to escape their harsh reality. That is living with a father who despises the...
28.8K 1K 17
I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR ANYTHING PLEASE DON'T COPYRIGHT ME PLEASE. Evan has always had some trouble making friends. He will admit that. His sc...
941 30 31
Being Henry Bower's little sister doesn't exactly give me the best reputation. A story about a simple girl named Ashlyn Felch Bowers. Born in Los Ang...
14.4K 352 26
~~~ "Why are you so afraid to let people close to you?" I ask. "Why do you make it so hard for me to treat you like other girls?" He ignores my que...