Oh My Love [Complete]

By SenseIsNot4Sale

Andrea Stark is your normal teenage high schooler. She gets good grades and is always nice to people she meet... More

Prologue
The New Student
A Little Temperamental
Sworn to Secrecy
Jealousy
Why Her?
Taking Care of Business
Mom, I'm Arrested
Love?
It's Destiny
Public Humiliation
Saving the Day
A Gift
Special Thanks!

Weak

27 4 0
By SenseIsNot4Sale

I'm in a jovial mood when I enter the school building the next day.

Something finally clicked and set in. I do like Lincoln, and it's totally fine! He's so adorable!

I practically skip to my locker, opening it gently. As I open it, a piece of paper flutters out, landing at my feet.

I think it's just trash that fell out, but I see something on it that catches my eye.

It's a guy's handwriting, and I know that it doesn't belong to me. I turn it over to read it, and my eyes go big.

"Hey Andrea,

I was wondering if you could maybe meet me in room 237 after school? I have something I want to tell you.

See you, Lincoln"

What the heck does that mean? What could he want to talk about? Is he going to say he likes me?

The thought of him doing that makes my heart race, and I lean my forehead against the locker to cool it off.

"Hey Andy," I hear a voice behind me, and I nearly fall out when I see Lincoln. He's smiling ever so bright, and I can't help but to stare at him.

I also hastily throw the note into my locker, shutting it. The sound surprises him, but he brushes it off.

"Hey, I'm not going to be in class today, but I promise to see you later, okay?"

I nod and watch him walk off with a group of guys.

"...bye..." I mutter as he walks off. I give a small wave with my hand, but he doesn't see it.

So he did write the letter! I will definitely see you later!

I smile and do a little jump of happiness.

***

Its now the end of the day, and I'm now looking for room 237.

"234, 235, 236," I mutter. "Ha! There it is!"

I reach for the handle, but I'm hesitant.

Do I really want to go inside? By myself? Oh shut up, inner mind. You've got this, Andy!

I put on a smile and reach for the handle, turning it. I push on the door, cracking it open, then push it halfway open.

My face drops. The note I held in my hand falls to the tile. My vision gets blurry.

"...Lincoln?" I choke.

He was propped against the teacher's desk, Whitney was in between his legs, and they were passionately kissing.

I stare at them until I can't take it anymore and I turn away.

My hand on the door handle squeezes, and I can feel the metal bend, forming into the shape of my palm.

My anger pents up, and I slam the door, the force initially cracking the glass screen that was in it.

"What was that?"

I can hear Lincoln's voice inside the room, and it makes me sick to my stomach.

My feet carry me until I start running. Tears that had been welled up begin to fall, and I can't see where I'm going.

I turn the corner of a hallway, when a sharp, thrashing pain shoots through my chest.

I wrench out a scream of pain, and I clutch my chest. It's hurts so bad, and I have to lean up against the locker to catch myself.

"There's a second part of my gift..."

I push past the pain and begin walking again. My hair sticks to my wet face, and I push the strands away.

The image of Lincoln and Whitney flashes again in my mind and another sharp pain shoots through me, this time through my whole body.

Another blood curdling scream rips out of my throat as I collapse to the ground.

"My gift to you is not the meakest..."

I try to stand again, but my legs are weak. Tears continue to fall, and I'm not sure whether it's from the emotional or physical pain.

I manage to hoist myself up, my walking becoming staggered and all over the place.

"Wh-whats wrong with me?" I choke out loud, to no one in particular.

My hand stays on my chest as another jolt of pain shoots through me. It feels like electricity, and I double over, landing on my knees.

"It can only be broken..."

I clutch my chest and heave, coughing and crying. It seems too much for my body to handle, and I try to stand but I fall, this time on my side.

The haunting photo of Lincoln and Whitney makes its way to my vision, and I curl into a ball on the ground, crying to myself.

I let out a silent sob, the cold tile touching my cheek.

"Why..." I howl. "Why do the strong ones never get the happy endings?!"

I squelch out the last word, it physically ripping out of my throat.

"When the strongest, feels the weakest."

I cry, I cry so much, that I'm not sure how long I do.

The sobs keep coming, and I don't have the strength to pull myself up anymore.

My hands fumble in my backpack until I pull out my phone.

I at least try to sit up, but the mere gesture is enough to make me out of breath.

"What's wrong with me?" I ask, wiping the tears from my face on the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Why am I so weak?" I sniff, typing a number in on the screen of the phone.

It rings, and I have to have both of my hands to hold it up to my ear.

It's so heavy...

I hear the person on the other end pick up the phone.

"M-mom? I need you to pick me up..."

***

*Andrea's Mom POV*

I type in the number again. Nothing.

"If she doesn't answer, I'm going to kill her myself," I say as I slam the phone down on the counter.

"Honey, calm down," Richard tries to get me to relax.

"I can't!" I snap. "How am I going to calm down when my daughter is up there acting as if she's dying?!"

Just as I say this, the phone on the counter rings.

I quickly grab it and answer it, holding it to my ear.

The familiar voice on the end of the line speaks, and I can hear her tongue click.

"So her power is gone, is it?"

"What?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"Andrea feels weak, she can't eat, and she has no strength. It's obvious that's why you've called me, Holly."

I grit my teeth. "What do you mean her power is gone? We've tried for sixteen years to get it to disappear, why would it only do it now?"

I can hear her laugh and it makes me mad.

"She must've been hurt deeply in her heart buy a person she loves. That's the only way my gift could be broken."

"Corerra," I plead. "Can you fix her?"

"Fix her? I thought you'd be content with her not having the powers?"

"I am," I start. "But Andy has grown rather fond of them, she loves her strength."

"I'm sorry, Holly. But I can't give them back to her. It doesn't work like that."

"Make it work!" I shout into the phone.

"I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do."

With that she hangs up the phone.

I slump down into the kitchen chair. My eyes go to the ceiling, imagining Andrea in her bed.

What am I going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 2.6K 33
Aurora Moon has been kept at home under the close eyes of her dad and grandma for 17 years due to a dangerous power she holds. But after some serious...
371 21 14
Jake has it rough. There's not really any other way of putting it. He's constantly made fun of and beaten up by bullies, and the fact that Jake is th...
5.4K 163 28
OMG YOU GUYS THIS HAS 1K READS!!!! That may not seem like a big deal to some, but it is for me! I almost screamed when I saw how many people really l...
Girl Power By LILY

Teen Fiction

2.5K 160 34
"WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?!" I yelled "O MY GOD it worked!". OK so that was a little preview of what's going to happen in this book so let me expla...