Finally Found (On Hold Due To...

By amcdaniel76

Scarlett is a small town girl, who lives and works on a farm. She is living a small town life, but that's al... More

Finally Found
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Fighting
Explaination of lack of uploads.

Finally Found Chapter 17

9.7K 264 77
By amcdaniel76

ok, sorry for the wait again.

NOT EDITED!!!!!

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 16 Coming to.

ESRA'S POV

I was sat at my desk, smiling, and listening to the sound of Scarlett's laughter mixed with my sisters and my best friends. I couldn't help but think of what a beautiful sound it was and how it made my heart clench to hear it. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. I was so angry and frustrated at the way that my men had been treating her. I would absolutely not stand for it. Luther had been with me for so many years it was almost hard to remember a time when he hadn't been with me. I understood that he hated having to rely on a human in order to live, but that did not give him the right to be disrespectful to my mate, or to disobey my direct orders. I was lost in thought when I looked up realising Harlan was standing in the doorway.

"Come in." I told him.

"How do you want to deal with all of this?" he asked me. He was always a quiet man, but even he seemed to be bothered by this mornings events.

"To be honest, I don't know." I sighed again. "I will not stand for this though. If it were anyone else they would have already paid with their life. I also need to figure out what went wrong with Rodrick and Tori. When they realised they were mates I thought I had always sensed it, but this morning I got a completely different vibe. I suppose I should speak to him and see how he feels about everything. Ask him if it feels right of if something is off with him also. I just have something niggling in the back of my mind that is telling me to dive further into it. I also need to speak with Luther before I make any decisions. Do you know where they were headed?" I asked him, while pulling information up on my laptop. I really needed to get busy on my big surprise for my princess.

"They were going to head into one of the bigger nearby towns, Rod figured you would want to speak to them before you sent them too far away." Harlan told me.

"Get them back. I want to speak to Rodrick first. Tell him to leave Tori there. I am still too angry to see her face, and I have no ties to her, so really I could care less about what she thinks of anything. That's all for now, but don't go far." I told him sternly. It is about time I get back to my normal behavior with my men.

"Right away Sir." And with that he left to go about his tasks.

****

Three hours later and I put my paperwork away, knowing that Luther and Rodrick had arrived. I wanted to deal with this as swiftly as possible, and they sure did take their sweet time about getting their asses back here. And frankly it pissed me off even more. Oh how quickly people forget the ruthless side of someone when you haven't shown it to them in a while. They entered my office quietly with their eyes cast at the floor. Well, isn't this much better now.

"Rodrick come in and close the door behind you. Luther...have a seat somewhere. I will deal with you when I am done with Rodrick." I said stiffly. "Wait. Before we get to our business I would like to know just what in the hell took you so long to get back here. I know for a fact that you were not so far away as to take that long."

"I'm sorry, Esra. There was a problem with Tori. She was" I cut Rodrick off with a warning growl.

"Are you telling me that her minor problems are more important than you getting your asses back here as I told you to?"

"No Sir. It won't happen again." Luther stated.

"Your God damned right it won't!" I yelled loudly. I was slightly enjoying watching them squirm.

Luther cleared his throat and left the room, closing the door behind him. I was glad I had sound proofed this room, because if something was off with Tori I definitely didn't want anyone else knowing about it.

"I want to ask you a question, but i don't want you to get offended by it. I am only asking because of the odd nature of the way everything has happened." He nodded his head at me. I sighed. I wanted to word this properly, without offense. Seeming as I wouldn't like someone questioning Scarlett and I.

"I am trying to figure out what went wrong with you and Tori and the bond that should have been there immediately, the first time you met. Is everything going ok? Are you blissfully happy Rodrick? If your not, tell me now. I feel like something is off, I just don't know what." He raised his eyes to look at me squarely. he seemed to be thinking over my words carefully before answering me.

"Well....I can say for certain that I felt no connection before. I didn't care at all when she was hanging herself all over you. I mean, she's great looking and all, but she's a vampire and I know that there are almost no known vampire/vampire mates, so maybe that's the problem. I don't know, Esra." He lowered his head, placing it in his hands. Something is definitely wrong.

"But are you crazy in love with her? So attracted that you can't help but touch her any time she is near? Dying to take her every moment of every day? This is important, Rod. I expect you to tell me the truth. I mean you never even defended her this morning. You had no problem kissing Scarlett good morning without a thought to your mate and her reaction. Just be honest. Whatever you say will help me to deal with this accordingly, and possibly help others find their mates, therefore saving their lives." He looked miserable and I had no clue why.

"Esra, if I say this, do you promise to help me? I have to get this fixed. Quickly." He pleaded to me desperately.

"Not only is it my job as head of the Vampire world, but I would like to think that we are friends also. I know that my actions this morning may lead you to think otherwise, but I care for you and will do anything to help you. Always. Now just tell me." I sat back and waited through his silence, even though it was making me jumpy. Why is he so nervous?

"I am freaking miserable! I just want to put a stake through that god awful woman's heart! She is making me crazy." He sighed deeply before continuing. "At first when we realised she was my mate, it was everything you described. It was like a spotlight hit her and I couldn't help myself and how my mind, body and heart reacted. That only lasted about a day before I was looking at her differently. I didn't even want to touch her after that! She's a horrible woman, Esra. Mean and demanding. She acts entitled. She is driving me crazy!" He was now pacing the length of my office. He looked at me desperately, his eyes silently begging me to help him. "I thought it had something to do with her being a vampire, like maybe it wouldn't be as strong because she isn't human, but in hind sight that shouldn't be it. It should be magnified because we are both vampires. Right? " He stopped pacing as his breathing was ragged. He was a mess to put it in simpler terms. I wish he had said something sooner, I hated that he felt this way. It should have been the happiest time in his life.

"So, are you telling me that you don't want to be with her?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Because I I can order her from this house permanently and order you to stay until we figure out what the hell

is going on."

"You would do that for me?" he asked quietly.

"Of course I would, Rod. You have been by my side for a very long time. You helped me find my girl and you helped her when she was scared and refused to see me. She considers you a great friend, you know. I personally think she was horrified knowing Tori was your mate and that meant the end of your friendship. She knew Tori would never allow you to spend time with her." I told him chuckling to myself.

"Esra I will be forever endebted to you if you can get me out of this nightmare. I just felt stupid coming to you and interrupting time with you and Scarlett for something like that. I thought maybe I was disfunctional or something. But I knew what I was feeling wasn't right."

"You do not need to be endebted to me. I want you to be happy. I want you to live, Rodrick. I do wish you had said something before, but I understand why you didn't. ok, You can go. We will deal more with this after I deal with Luther. Please send him in. Harlan also. Then you are free to enjoy your day. Just relax, ok?" I smiled at him, trying to show I was serious.

"You got it. Thanks again, Esra. It really means a lot, you helping me with this and all." He smiled back at me before leaving the office to get the other men.

I had to figure out what was going on, and I needed to do it fast. It was now a top priority, but I wanted Jos to help me. She might have some insight that I don't have. Thinking of Joslyn made me think of the girls. I wanted to check on her so bad through the link we shared, but I wanted to give her some space. Maybe she wouldn't mind if I just popped into her mind to tell her I missed and loved her. She would hate it if she knew that I had been open to her thoughts and reading them since she stepped out the door, but her safety was important to me.

'Hey Princess. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and that I love and miss you. Are you having a good time?'

'Hey handsome. I am having a great time.' she said giggling at me. I could see her if I closed my eyes. It brought a smile to my face. 'We are going to be headed home in just a minute. You haven't missed me too much have you?' she teased.

'Mmhmm, I have missed you horribly, but I will live. I can't wait to have you back in my arms, baby. Be safe on your way home and tell the girls I said to make sure you bought enough to satisfy me.' I chuckled.

'I have bought plenty mister. I put a pretty good dent in that credit card you gave me. But I think you will love a few of the things I picked up today. Can't wait to get my hands on you when I get home. Don't make plans for tonight, cause your busy.' she whispered in my mind.

'I like the sound of that. I hope your not planning to wear anything your too attached to, because you know it surely won't survive a night with me.' I told her seriously.

'Adella is calling me baby, gotta go. I love you, can't wait to be back in your arms.' and like that she was gone. I listened in for a few minutes to see what they were up to, but then focused my attention to the two who just entered my office.

"Harlan, I need you to contact Tori and explain to her that I will not be allowing her to return to my home but that I am requiring Rodrick to stay here. She may go home if she so chooses. Actually, she can go wherever the hell she likes as long as it isn't here. Make sure she understands that there will be consequences if she shows up here again uninvited."

Luther was now standing in front of me with his fists clenced and fighting his beast.

"What's your problem Luther?" I asked.

"I can't believe you would throw one of your own out of your home for that human!" he growled at me, losing his control.

"First of all you had better watch your tone speaking about 'that human' as she is my mate. Second, you have no idea why I am doing what I am doing. Nor do you have any right to question my motives or authority. I am afraid you have forgotten your place today." I growled back at him. he was very close to losing his life. It would be a shame, but I would do it if he spoke one more word disrespectfully.

"You are so blinded by her that you can't even see right from wrong anymore, Esra. You need to get your priorities straight or you just might be over thrown by someone who does have them straight!" He was now full out yelling and Rodrick had come back in the room, standing by my side.

"And are you the one who is going to do it?" I asked. I was losing my cool, but you would never know to look at me.

"You think you are untouchable because you are the head? I have news, your not." he stepped closer to me.

"Are you choosing to give up your life because of your hatered for humans, Luther? Because at this moment you are dangerously close to pushing me to the edge. I would back down now if I were you." I took a step towards him, my hands now balled into fists and I was shaking.

"Fuck you , Esra!" he ground out.

"Luther, you are forcing my hand to make an example of you. We have known eachother a very long time and I don't want you to do something in anger that will end your life." He laughed at me.

Harlan was standing next to him, trying to calm him and talk some sense into him. I could feel it. This was going to be a day where death was going to occur, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be mine. He lunged for me. I quickly stepped to the side causing him to crash into the wall. I spun around ready for his next attack. I was swifter than him, stronger than him and smarter than him. He was a dead man. He came at me again and I met him half way, picking him up by the throat and throwing him through the office wall, through the living room and into the foyer. He got up quickly and dodged my next attack. He came at me and we crashed through the front door into the yard. I had my hand around his throat, wrestling him to the ground. We were moving quickly and i was close to ripping his heart from his chest when I heard her screaming my name. I stopped and looked up to see Scarlett running towards me. I was just about to open my mouth to tell her to stay back when Luther took advantage of my distraction and charged at her. I stood watching, frozen in shock and horror for just one second before I took off after him. He was headed for her at his top speed with a feral growl coming from his throat, I pushed myself faster, knowing he could kill her in the blink of an eye.

She either couldn't see him coming for her or she chose to ignore it, for she just kept running at me, horror all over her face as she screamed my name. Luther made contact with her body, running her over like a train moving a hundred miles an hour. Her body hit the ground hard and she made a little gurgling noise. I reached her a second later and my heart tore from my chest as she looked at me with vacant eyes. She opened her mouth and reached out but passed out before she could say anything.

Everything was in slow motion. Noises sounded far away to my ears, like coming at me through a tunnel, as I picked her lifeless body and cluched her to my chest, begging for her to be ok.

"I've got you baby. Please be ok. I'm so sorry I let this happen! Please Princess, open your eyes and look at me!" I begged her desperately while cradling her.

"Esra give her to me now!" Rodrick was screaming at me. "I need to see if she's breathing, Es. Please just let go."

Adella and Harlan had gone after Luther and Joslyn was standing with her eyes closed hands reacing toward the direction Luther had ran murmuring something even I couldn't hear.

I suddenly realised I was sobbing and that if I wanted my mate to live I had better snap out of it and help her. I allowed Rodrick to take her from me. He lay her out on the grass while moving his hands over her quickly.

"I can hear her heart beating faintly and she is breathing just barely, but she's alive. Her injuries are more than any human should be alive from to be honest Esra. We need to get her inside and get her medical attention. NOW!" Rod told me quickly, while picking her up and rushing in the house to my room.

I got on the phone an called the best doctor I knew, who just happened to be a vamp and quickly told him the situation, the sat on the bed next to her and smoothed her hair away from her face. She was pale and bruising was starting to form everywhere. Fury rose within my body. Fury at Luther and fury at myself for allowing this to happen.

"Look Es, you need to calm down and focus. I know that's not easy right now, but damnit, do it! For her. What the fuck happened?!" Rod whisper screamed at me. The look on his face made me realise just how scared he was. He and Scarlett really had grown very close, and I could see his wheels turning remembering the last time she had seen him. He was mortified. "I know she's your mate, but I need her to be ok too. It's different than you, but I love her too you know. Jesus, how long can it take a fucking vampire to get here!" He paced back and forth, impatiently waiting for the doctor.

"I can't believe I allowed this to happen! I should have killed him the first time he spoke down to her. He is dead, maybe not today but he signed his death warrant, and I was going to make sure he payed up on the contract.

"Esra, just give her your blood damnit! I understand why you don't want to, but this is her life!" he stopped pacing to yell at me desperately.

"I can't. If something were to happen, she would never forgive me. She's not ready. She's just not ready to change yet. I want to more than anything. It was my first instinct, but I had to stop myself. I promise Rod, she would hate me forever. I can't." I whispered. I picked up her hand and bent to murmur in her ear.

A minute later everyone burst into the room at once. The doctor went for her quickly while opening his bag and pulling out a syringe and plunged into her arm immediately while ordering some unknown person to get an IV ready and other things I couldn't make sense of right now because my sister was collapsed on the floor sobbing uncontrolably while Harlan spoke quietly to Rodrick. Joslyn was standing in the corner pale and weak looking.

"EVERYONE STOP!" I ordered. The room froze, I had everyone's attention. "Look, the priority right now is her. If you cannot be of soe assistance in helping to make sure she is living then I need you to get out. Go somewhere else. I need to speak with the doctor and I will be out soon to give orders to everyone as to what everyone needs to do." I spoke calmly. Everyone but the doctor and his assistant left. I took a deep breath and he quietly resumed his check of her.

I sat in the corner of the room, staying out of the way, watching his every move. 15 minutes later he turned and came to sit across from me.

"she's barely alive Esra. I don't even know how she is alive to be honest. She has more broken bones then I can even think to count, and some internal bleeding. From what I can tell her heart is ok. I won't really know more until the machines I need to check her with get here. They are already on their way. As soon as they get here, I will make sure that she doesn't need to have surgery. But you know we could solve this problem quickly. The only reason I didn't already do it is because there is obviously a reason you don't want it done or you would have done it yourself. But honestly Esra, her life is hanging by a thread right now and your blood could be the thing that saves her. Tell me what you want me to do." he said quietly.

" I will have as much room as you need made in this room. I do not want her moved unless she has to be. Once you know more we will talk more. But I can't do what you are asking me to. I want to, but I can't. She would never forgive me." I stared at her lifeless form laying across the bed and fought back the sob that threatened to break free.

"Shit, she doesn't even have to know Esra. Just let me give her the blood." he reasoned with me.

"And if we give her my blood and he comes back to finish the job? Or some other unforseen accident happens until it's out of her system? She would never forgive me. She hasn't made the decision to turn yet and as her mate I can't do that to her. As much as I want to, I just can't." I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I have never felt so helpless in my life. I knew I could save her and bring her back to me as good as new, and I wanted that more than I had ever wanted anything, but what good would it do me if she hated me? Fuck, I hated myself right now!

******************

Scarlett's POV

I was engulfed in a black hole that I couldn't seem to find my way out of. I could hear muffled sounds and sense people around me. I could feel Esra's touch. Could almost see light if I tried hard enough. I swam through the darkness and pain to fight to wake up and every time I was just swallowed by it again after I tired from the fight.

Again I could hear voices. Murmured and soft. I could feel Esra's lips against my skin, and even in my blackened state it set my blood on fire. I fought to open my eyes and move, desperately pulling and fighting away the darkness only to be met by blinding white light. I quickly blinked my eyes closed and let out a small sqeek.

I opened my eyes again slowly only to be met with Esra's worried green ones staring back at me. I opened my mouth but no sound would come out. I tried to sit up only to be told no and gently pushed back down by Esra.

"Get the doctor in here now. Tell everyone she's awake." he said softly knowing that they could all hear him with their hightened senses. I could hear running all throughout the house as I still tried to make sense of what the hell was going on. I opened my mouth but again nothing, it was making me frustrated.

"Baby please don't try to talk, ok? And don't move. Just stay right there. Are you ok?" He asked, his words rushed. I nodded my head. I was struggling to remember what happened. My body hurt. It felt like I had been run over by a truck and I for the life of me didn't know why.

"Oh baby, it's so good to see those beautiful blue eyes again. I thought you were never going to come back to me. I thought I had lost you forever." He gripped my hand and brought his lips to my forehead, kissing me gently, relief evident in his voice.

My memories started coming back to me as I fought to remember. I remembered shopping with the girls, talking to Esra, then finally it all hit me. Luther was fighting with Esra. I sat bolt upright, grabbing onto him, running my hands over him, fighting against his hands trying to push me back onto the bed, struggling against the pain in my body. What the hell hit me?

"Oh god Esra, are you ok?" I croaked out.

He chuckled at me "I'm fine princess. Please just lay back. Oh god it's so good to hear your voice again. I'll get you some water if you just quietly sit and wait for the doctor. Please?" He pleaded.

"Ok" I whispered.

As soon as he returned from the kitchen with a glass of water, there was a commotion behind him as what seemed to be a crowd struggled to get in the room.

"Just stay back until he looks her over guys." Esra ordered.

The doctor was quietly checking some machines that were connected to my body, I looked him over, it was obvious to me he was a vampire. The looks and smell I now knew went hand in hand with the supernatural were present as he poked and prodded at me. I drank the cool water greedily. It seemed as if I hadn't had anything to drink in days.

"That's because you haven't baby. Weeks actually." Esra mumbled at me. "Please slow down and sip it carefully".

"Hi Scarlett, I'm Dr. Norton. How are you feeling?" the handsome man asked me.

"I'm ok. A little confused and very sore. It feels like I was ran down by a big rig to be honest." I told him, wincing in pain as he helped me to sit up in the bed.

"Well, I will leave Esra to explain more what happened, but for now you need to take things slowly. I will give you some pain meds to help you be more comfortable if you would like, but other than that your just going to need a lot of rest and to be very careful. Your going to need to stay in bed for quite a while more until your body is healed a little more. That is unless you agree to drink some blood like I wanted to give you to begin with. Let me know." the doctor sighed before making some adjustments on the machines, jotting a few notes, and just before he left the room he turned to me.

"Your a very lucky young lady. I won't be far, just a few rooms over. let me know what you decide." and with that he was gone.

"Handsome huh?" Esra looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Oh jeez, give me a break. You know what I meant and get the hell out of my head if you don't want to know what I'm thinking. Now are you going to tell me what the fuck happened or not?" I snapped at him. With that he crushed his lips to mine desperately. I gripped his shoulders like a lifeline and enjoyed the rush that ran through my veins and set my blood on fire. God, would it always be this way? When he pulled out of the kiss reluctantly as I sat back and silently waited for the story.

"Luther and I were fighting when you and the girls came back from the village" I nodded remembering it. "you were running at me and screaming my name, it distracted me for just a moment and he got away from me. He charged you and ran into you. He just tackled you to the ground full speed then took off. Oh god, I thought I 'd lost you baby. I'm so so sorry. I promise you as soon as we find him he will pay with his life."

I shook my head " No baby. You can't kill someone because of me" I was panicking. I was terrified someone would die because of me and I hated it.

"Listen, we don't have to talk about this now. I am just so glad that you are finally awake. I missed you so much, i was so scared."

"How long have i been out for?" I asked. It couldn't have been that long!

"!7 days baby. 17 of the longest days of my life." he whispered. He gently picked me up to set me on his lap and pull me into his chest. His warm body felt so good against mine, almost soothing away all the aches and pains. I was stunned knowing I had been out for so long.

"You almost left me, Princess." I could feel a wetness on my face and neck. I pulled away to see the tears running down his face. "I was so scared I would never hold you again."

"Hey baby. I'm ok. Where's my strong tough vampire? Hhmmm? It's all fine. I'm just a little sore. And a little hungry. Wow, 17 days huh? Was he trying to kill me Esra?" I whispered.

"Yes." his face shifted to a hard look, his voice like ice. I shivered. He kissed the side of my head.

"There are some people who are waiting to see you and talk to you. How about I let you play catch up while I get you something to eat?" He set me back on the bed gently, stopping and giving me a longing loving look before he left the room. I was suddenly surrounded, they were all talking at once and it was making my head swim.

I chuckled, then winced and held my side, wow that hurt. "Ok, one at a time please." I lay back suddenly feeling exhausted.

"Oh baby girl, it is good to see you awake." Rodrick said as he swooped in kissing the top of my head gently. They all looked so worried.

"Really, I'm fine. Your going to have to work harder than that if you want to get rid of me for good." I smiled at them, trying to lighten the mood.

"I know you think you are, but you don't know how close to death you were, or how bad he has been since this all happened for that matter." Adella said, looking tired. They all looked tired. Dark circles under their eyes, stress and worry written all over their faces.

"I'm sorry" I said. "I just don't know how to feel about all of this. Do you think someone could ask the doctor for the pain medication he said I could have?"

"Yes, I will. But you know you really wouldn't need it if you just drank the blood. As a matter of fact, we wouldn't have gone through this if he had just given it to you to begin with!" Jos said exhasperated. "I'm sorry, Scar. Never mind me. It's been rough around here. We were so worried about you, and he just wouldn't listen to reason. I thought that we were going to lose you and in turn we would lose him and.." she broke down in tears. I put my arms around her and held her while she let it out.

"I'm sorry princess. Seeing you lying there, lifeless, well it just sucked. And nothing I tried to use to fix you and make you come back to us was working, and I just felt so helpless. I'm so glad your back." She smiled at me.

"Well, I'm very sorry I worried you all and am glad to be back. It was strange....it was like I was struggling to get back. I had to fight. I could hear voices but couldn't make them out. I could feel when he was touching me and when he wasn't." I took a deep breath and looked at the four of them. Rodrick, Harlan, Adella and Jos. They had become important people in my life and I couldn't imagine what it had been like for them.

"Can someone please just get me some meds and then I want someone to explain what the hell all this is about me drinking blood?" I pulled a face and they laughed while Jos made her way out the door.

"Vampire blood heals" Harlan said quietly while studing me carefully as I took in his words.

"But he wouldn't give it to me?" I was confused.

"No. He was afraid if something happened you would never forgive him." Adella piped in.

"I don't..."

"Ok everyone back up and let my girl breathe please. She needs to eat then she is going to get some sleep." Esra instructed as he set a tray down next to me. He had some soup and fresh bread and a glass of juice on the tray.

"I have been sleeping for 17 days according to you, I certainly am not going back to sleep anytime soon baby. Thank you for this, it smells wonderful." I reached for the tray and he swatted my hands away.

"Everyone say goodbye for now. I want to spend some time with my girl. I am going to feed her then she IS going to rest. You can all visit later." He said sternly. they all came and game me a peck on top of the head and told me they would see me later. Rodrick stopped at the door and turned around to look at me once more.

"I'm so sorry Scarlett. I promise I will make it up to you." he whispered before silently slipping out the door.

I looked confused but Esra brought a spoon full of creamy warm cream of mushroom soup to my mouth. The taste of my favorite soup hit my tounge and I moaned. It was so good.

"Oh baby, don't start on those noises all ready, I can't really do anything and I like to be the one to make you moan." Esra smirked at me making me chuckle.

"Well from what I hear you have a magical healing trick that you refuse to use? I'm confused. As gross as I might think it is, why didn't you want me to have your blood? Oh! And whose blood have you been drinking since I have been in lala land? There are just so many things I want answers to." I sighed and shifted making pain run trough my body again. Esra was jumpy, I'm sure he could feel the pain.

"Well first I drank bagged blood while you were out, I didn't think you would appreciate me drinking from anyone else and you were in no condition to be giving me any, and you won't be for quite some time. As for the rest we can talk about it later. Eat." He demanded.

There was a knock on the door and the doctor came in with a couple pills and a syringe full of a milky white liquid. As he got closer I realised he seemed younger than I had originally thought, and better looking too. I guess I hadn't been paying enough attention. I heard a growling from Esra.

"Stop it. It's just an observation for cryin in the night!" I said to him while he looked away from me sheepishly.

"So Scarlett, they tell me you would like some pain medication. I have brought a couple different kinds. You can either have these pills, they will take a little longer to kick in and they aren't as strong. Or you can have this shot which I will put in your IV and will begin to work much fasterand is a bit sronger but also won't last as long. If it is really bad then we can do a combination of both. So, what do you think?" he asked me.

"I think I will just go with the pills. I really don't want to be out of it truth be known." I said.

He nodded then asked "So did you make a decision about the blood? If you want it I have some I can give you or you can take Esra's if he is willing to give you some. It will cut the healing drastically. You would be mamzed at it's abilities, and I wouldn't be too worried about anything happenening."

I gave him a confused look. What in the world was he talking about?

"You still haven't told her?" Dr. Norton sked Esra angrily.

"She just came back to us. Excuse me for not discussing something so silly with her right away." Esra replied icily.

"It is not silly. It could have been the difference between life or death for her and she deserves to know what her options are. Normally I wouldn't have this conversation, but seeing as she is the mate of a vampire she is entiled to other procedures. Jesus Esra, she's not going anywhere! She is your god damned mate!" the doctor boomed at him.

"Yes, she is MY mate, and you will do good to remember that and remember exactly who I am. it is my decsion to make, not yours. And you will lower your voice in the prescense of MY mate!" He snapped back. He started to stand.

I reached out and pulled Esra back to me. "What the hell is going on? I am so confused. What's the big deal? Why are you so upset Esra and for the record I would like to think that since this is my life and my body that I would be the one to make the decsions about it." I huffed and the doctor smirked at him. "Dr. Norton you will not snap at him like that again. Instead why don't you tell me exactly what the vampire blood can do for me and why if it is such a big deal you didn't already give it to me?" I was angry now and they both looked at me with shcok on their faces.

The doctor looked at Esra, trying to read his reaction before clearing his throat.

"Vampire blood can heal you. Quickly. So quickly it will only be a day or two until you will be back on your feet. Without it you will be in bed for at least another month, maybe longer. But, with the blood in your system if something were to happen and you were to die under whatever circumstances then you would begin the change into turning into a vampire yourself." He waited for my reply expectantly.

"Well, I would like to think about it for a bit if you don't mind, and I would also like to figure out why Esra is so against it. I'll let you know. Please excuse us. Thank you for the pain meds Dr. Norton." I said dismissing him while popping the pills in my mouth and swallowing them with a few sips of my juice.

As soon as he was gone I turned to Esra and waited, knowing that he was in my head and knew that I was expecting him to explain himself. He sighed deeply and caressed my face gently with his fingertips.

"I know that you turning is a touchy subject and that you haven't made your choice yet. If I had given you the blood and something had happened, you would have never forgiven me and I wouldn't have been able to live with myself." He said so quietly I strained to hear him.

"But if I had died because you didn't give me your blood then you wouldn't have lived either and I would have never forgiven either of us. Esra I love you, and there is nothing that you could do to change that. I know that this is crazy and fast and most people just would never understand whats going on between us, but it is what it is. Yes, we have a lot to learn about eachother, but we have eternity to learn it, I'm in no rush. I'm ok with anything as long as your by my side. I know that I have no idea what you went through while I was in the abyss but you also have no idea what it was like for me. All I did was fight to get back to you. I may not be ready to change just at the moment, but let's face it, I could never live without you so I will be changing at some point, it's just a matter of when. I am honored that I am the woman you have chosen to stand by your side forever. And...I absolutely refuse to sit in this bed for a month or longer. If I am going to be stuck in bed it is going to be because you have tied me to it naked. Understand? Now, I am going to finish my lunch because I am still starving and then we are going to do this blood thing, however I am supposed to drink it. Now...kiss me baby." I gave him a smile while i slowly ran my hands up his arms and over his shoulders, relishing the feel of his hard body beneath my hands. His lips met mine sweetly and slowly the kiss became deeper, more needy. I made to move to straddle his lap and pain rushed through my knee taking my breath away and making him pull away from me.

"Baby, please just rest. Seriously. Besides, I need to keep my hands to myself, and you don't amke it very easy for me to do that." He chuckled. The tray was set on my lap and he handed me my spoon and as I ate he filled me in on what exactly started the fight between he and Luther, and what Rodrick had told him.

"Are you supposed to be telling me this?" I asked, curious if Rod would be upset.

"I am the head of Vampires. You are my mate. Therefore I am entitled to your help and advice when you are willing to give it." he shrugged.

"Ok" i smiled at him just enjoying being near him as I finished my food.

"Good Girl" he murmured as he took the tray away to bring me carefully into his body. I knew he needed some time to reassure himself that I was ok, and I loved the feel of his body next to mine. A little too much to be honest.

"Do you think you could help me into the bathroom?" I asked. I really needed to use the restroom and was hoping to brush my teeth and hair.

"Do you promise to be careful and go slow?"

I nodded my head "How about if you just carry me?"

With that I picked up and blurred into the bathroom. he stepped just out the door to allow me some privacy. "Ok, im done" I told him after brushing my teeth and hair. I avoided looking in the mirror knowing I would be terrified by what I saw.

"You are as beautiful as ever, a bit thinner and I would like to change that, but beautiful just the same." He told me seriously.

"Thank you. Now how do I drink your blood? The same way you drink mine? I wanna do this and start the fast healing." I settled back down and waited for him to tell me what I needed to do.

"Oh Princess, I love you more than anything." He took a deep breath. "Your sure?" I nodded my head eagerly. "Ok, well, since you know how erotic blood exchange can be I think due to the situation we should just let me put what you need in a cup and you can drink it from there. I don't want you getting hurt because we lose control of our bodies."

I made a face and shook my head. "No, if I am going to do this I want to get some enjoyment out of it. I want to put my lips to your skin."

He laughed good and loud at me "Ok baby. Let's do this. The quicker your healed the better I will feel."

"Where do you want me to take it from? Do I bite you? Can I even bite through this stone like exterior?" I was suddenly nervous.

"Hush baby. I will cut myself and then you drink until I tell you to stop. I have a feeling your going to like the taste of my blood, so stop being so nervous, everything will be fine. Just relax." he kissed my lips gently then bit into his wrist and brough it to my mouth. As my lips touched his skin he brought me onto his lap and burried his face into my hair and neck, holding me securely. The second his blood touched my tounge his flavor exploded in my mouth and I moaned, one hand gripped his arm tightly and the other was gripping his hair, pulling him closer as his lips ran the length of my neck. Kissing, licking and nipping his way to my collarbone. I could feel wetness between my legs and his hard length pushing into my thigh. Oh god I wanted him, but I knew he would never allow it with my injuries. We went several minutes like this, him torturing me with his lips on my skin his voice in my head whispering to me how much he loved me, how much he wanted me, how I was his life. Thanking me for being his. I swear if I lived a thousand lifetimes I would never get enough of this man.

"Ok princess, that's enoigh, you have to stop now or I won't be able to stop." I licked his wrist and he then put it to his mouth and licked over it himself healing it closed instantly. "I told you that you might like my blood." He chuckled.

"Is that what you feel like when you drink mine?" I asked him, truly curious to what it was like for him.

"Well, since I was born a vampire I don't know what it's like, but I think it is more intense when I drink from you, but that was hot as hell. I'm not going to lie, I won't complain if you ever want or need my blood again. I would hope it would be better circumstances next time, but i would love to be able to do that and go with my body's insticts next time" He said, his voice husky.

"Your meds should be kicking in soon and you will be tired. How about we lay down. I haven't gotten much rest myself so I would love to just pull you over me and enjoy you touching me. I was to afraid to lay with you before, afraid I would hurt you and you wouldn't be able to tell me." He said as he removed his clothes, then carefully helped me off with mine. He carefully brought his body beneath mine, the feel of his skin sliding against mine pure ecstacy. I sighed and got comfortable as he pulled the covers over us I closed my eyes and just as I felt the pull of sleep tugging at my mind I heard him

'Sleep my beautiful girl. I will never let anyone harm you again and I promise...he will pay for what he has done.'

************************************************************************************************************

I know it's a bit of a filler, but it was called for. I am hoping to upload again soon. thank you for your patience! The fact that you guys have been so understanding has really helped to bring me back here to finish! It may take awhile, but I WILL finish!

Continue Reading