Chapter 2

Chapter 2      Fear

      His smirk grows to a smile, a secretive one, like he knows something I don't, " I promise that it is not my intent to scare you, but maybe you should be.  And yes, I have been looking for you."  Oh, that voice is smooth, and causes a shiver to run down my spine.  But despite that there are warning bells going off in my head telling me to run.  "Maybe you should run, but I warn you if you do, I will catch you."  Wha...? Did he just read my mind, or did I say that out loud?  I am feeling very confused, it is like my body and mind are having conflicting thoughts and feelings.

     My phone rings now and I feel relief flood through me "Scarlett, We are at your truck, where are you?  Come back, we started the fire and have a cold one waiting for you."  my brother Zach says.  "yeah, I'll be there in a minute." I hang up.

     "Well, it's been awkward, but nice talking to you, I gotta go, my friends are waiting" I say to him shaking my head at how weird this has all been.  I turn and start to leave and as I do he is  instantly in front of me again, blocking my way.  How did he move that fast, I thought.  My heart rate accelerates.  "Maybe I should have been more clear" he says " but you are not going anywhere.  I will catch you if you run, but I also am not letting you go now that I have found you, and please, try to calm down,your rapid heart beat is only making it worse for me to control myself."

     Ok, it's official, I am afraid.  Is this guy a murderer and I'm about to be a goner, or just some weird guy who happens to be passing through?  He chuckles again "Some might percieve me to me a murderer, but I don't like to think of myself that way.  And yes I am just passing through, and now that I have found what I was looking for we can go."  Ok, what the fuck, I know I didn't say all that out loud, I am positive I didn't!  "Can you read my mind or hear my thoughts?  And what the hell do you mean you don't like to think of yourself as a murderer!  You are really freaking me out and I am going to go now.  As I already told you, my friends are waiting for me, so goodbye now."

     I move my feet to run this time but don't get far, his arms wrap around my waist, and suddenly there are a group of men forming a small cirlce around us.  This is it, I am going to die, I think to myself, "Help, Help me, please, he's going to kill me" I scream into the darkness.  My friends should be able to hear me, I'm not that far into the orchard and it is a quiet night. "There is no one to help you, princess, I sent them all home" one of the men in the circle sneers.  I break down sobbing, knowing this is the end of me, that they are going to do horrible things to me and leave me for dead, when I remember that I am holding a flashlight. "Calm down, you are only making matters worse" the stange hottie whispers in my ear.  I swing the flashlight around to hit him and his hand flashes out to stop me, but it slips from my hand and flies into my forehead, causing me to see stars, and I can feel that there is blood trickling down my temple.  "Oh god, I can't help myself any longer. I didn't want to do this, not this way, with you feeling this way." he murmurs. I feel his lips on my neck, a sharp sting of pain, then the most euphoric feeling I have ever had.  Then.....Blackness.

******************************************************************************************************

Comment!!!! PLEASE!!!  I really want to know what you guys think!