What's Behind Curtain Number...

Por Triszjhkha

Justice Knight is a spunky college student with a gay best friend, Henry, for a side kick. Or maybe it's the... Más

Prologue
Let's Start At The End
The Askee
Not All Little Girls Wanted Unicorns
Waiting For Nothing
Too Gay To Notice
Many Isn't Always Merry
Taking Chances
Guts...
Just a moment of your life
Butterfly Kisses
I'd Come For You
~Almost~
A Little Bit Stronger
Time Will Reveal
I Won't Give Up
If I Ain't Got You *part1*
If I Ain't Got You *Part2*
Epilogue

I'm Movin' On

3.5K 50 3
Por Triszjhkha

There is a point at which even Justice does injury. -Sophocles 

Liam’s POV

“So, let’s not assume all guys are two timers.” I said. “Some are actually pretty much trust worthy.”

Pretty much, huh?” she chuckles, “I guess that’s better than nothing.”

I laughed along with her, “Unfortunately, that’s the best I can offer.”

“Even if it’s you?”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Are you going to offer this girl you say that you’ve loved for years just a pretty much best relationship you can offer or give her the best you can offer?”

I paused to think, “Well, that would depend on what is the best for her…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“…wouldn’t it?”

“I don’t think so…” she said, “As much as there is an equal right for the man and a woman to choose who they’ll be seeing, I think both should know what the other’s limit is.” She pointed out, “You know, so each knows what to expect from the other one.”

“Well, that is true.” I said, “But the thing is, you learn to grow in the relationship, and sooner or later you start giving more than you can, and then she starts to expect that from you… how will you tell her then that it can’t be always like that?”

“By saying just that.” she says, “I mean, I know it is hard, probably a bust at your manly ego…” she says almost exaggerating, making me laugh along with the audience, “but really, think of the long run. Think of a time that she will demand you of such a great moment, and you won’t be able to deliver cause all you can give is so much.”

“You do have a point there.” I nodded, thinking about it.

“Wished you did that before?” she teased.

“Correction,” I said, “I did that before.”

“And it didn’t work?” she asked, disappointed.

“It did…” I said, “Only for some time.”

“Oh…” she said.

“I still think you are right though.” I said. “There should be limits, both should know each other’s limits… at the same time-“

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We should know our limit.

A month after I found out about Em and Phil, it got me thinking a lot.

Like, what did I do wrong?

Where did I lack?

Wasn’t I enough?

Does she still love me?

Bottom line, I thought I was the one with the problem.

Actually, for Emily I am the problem.

“You can’t just keep staying away from your real friends Liam.”

True friend?! Hah! I wanted to tell her. True friends don’t sleep with each other’s girlfriend- unless you are all polygamous.

I was on my way to class with her on my heel, lunch just ended and she was mad again since I didn’t join her in the popular table.

“You are half of this relationship, Liam, do your share!” she hissed.

“Share of what?” I ask, tired of the conversation, “being the supposed hottest couple of Kent?”

“Yes!” she says, as if it was the most obvious answer.

I rolled my eyes and faced her, “This is reality, Emily, we aren’t on some movie or TV show where you need to be so high and popular cause its not getting you anywhere.”

She stared at me, surprise.

Well, I’ve never spoken so harshly to her before.

“Liam-“

“Emily, look, I have other things in mind. More important things. And though you are one of those important things, I prioritize reality more.”

With that said I turned to leave her speechless. I guess it was necessary to shut her up, I needed time away from her, I can’t see her now cause I can still see that night by the pool.

I entered my elective class which was architecture. It was for those who are interested to take up the said subject in college as their major.

I entered the class and sat in front. I looked up at the board and saw the instructions of what to do today and started working on it. Mr. Santiago, the teacher, was busy with his 3d project that he has been working on for the last two years, it was of the White House, he showed me the inside of it once and it was amazing, every room was taken into account.

After seeing it I had a feeling that our school was going to be watched closely by the military just because of that model.

I poured out the content of my bag, to hasten the process of finding what I needed for the activity. I wanted to get starting already, I needed to distract myself and forget about Emily even for an hour and a half.

When there was a knock on the door. But I didn’t bother looking up, I didn’t care who it was anyways.

“Yes?” Mr. Santiago asked.

“Uhm, I was told that this is my new elective?” Hearing the familiar voice I looked up.

“Oh, yes, Bruce did mention that he will be moving a student from his auto class.” Mr. Santiago took the paper from Jas and signed it, “I guess you’ve broken enough power tools to give the school a run for its money?”

“Actually,” she sighed, “I fixed up too many cars for him already that the other boys were losing opportunity to show off their nonexistent talent of oiling cars.”

I chuckled catching her attention.

“Hey…” she says.

“Hey…” I said.

She held up a hand for me, “So can I get started on whatever you do here or are you going to interrogate me on why I know you are driving the new ferrari?” she says, “Cause I don’t think your students need anymore reason to not listen to you.”

“Why-“

“By the way, you miss one step.” She said as she turned toward me.

“What?”

“You miss one step on the front stairs of the your doll house.” She then set her things on the table and sat beside me.

I watch Mr. Santiago go back to his model then flip through the binder of images he had of it and groaned. I guess she was right.

“Messy much?” she asked, pointing at the things in front of me.

“Shut up.” I said. “I just wanted to get things done, and I don’t have the time-“

“Or the patience.” She teased.

I chuckled and nodded, “Or the patience to find my things.”

“Ok, ok… no need to be so cranky.” She says as she look around.

I did the same and caught some people drawing on sketchpads while some were asleep.

“Nice class.” She said.

“No one takes it seriously.” I said, “There’s math in it, and the guy over there,” I pointed at Mr. Santiago, “is too lazy and cooped up with his own dream to teach us anything.”

“So you telling me that you actually like this class?” she asked.

“I want to be an architect,” I pointed out, “so yes, I like it.”

“Even though you don’t learn anything?”

“Well, I can always teach myself,” I said, “like I always did.”

“I guess.” She said, “But now you have another student to share your enthusiasm.” She beamed and sat up.

“Really?” I asked.

“Really.” She repeats, “But you have to be patient with me, you’d need to teach me a thing or two or else I’ll just keep drawing a caricature of you.”

“Well, I can’t say I don’t like that offer.” I chuckled.

So I had that subject with her, I taught her everything I learned in books and we’d lay out plans after plans after plans.

After two weeks, we were all surprised of Mr. Santiago’s disappearance- I think it has something to do with his model- and was given a new teacher. An actual architect. So classes went by smoothly, we were all beginning to really appreciate what it is about, its history and up to the present culture’s new type of architecture. It was amazing.

Even the other students had their attention on the new teacher as he showed us one structure after another and let us lay out plans of similar structures in our design. It was like kindergarten’s drawing time all over again.

By the end of a month, we were already planning to build a sky tower. Jas and I would often bounce ideas back and forth just to make sure that we weren’t just lost in the art of it, but also the use and the nature of it.

All was well, until Emily barged in on us.

“I knew it! I knew it! You are cheating on me!” she shouted in front of the class.

“What the-“

Emily shoved all Jas’ things on the floor and pushed her back making fall back, almost hitting the table edge.

“Ms. Knight!” Mr. Fox, the new teacher, ran to Jas’ and helped her up. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah…” she says, checking her hands.

“What do you think you’re doing cozying up with my boyfriend?” Emily snapped again.

“Would you shut her up Liam?” Jack, one of the boys behind me says.

“Yeah, Jas wasn’t doing anything so get out of here already bitch!” someone else shouted behind me.

“Hey…” I warned.

“C’mon Liam, are you seriously going to side with her?”

“Its cool guys, I’m fine.” Jas says. “Look Emily, we’re just in the same class-“

“Same class my ass!”

“That’s it!” I hear someone slam the table and everyone started to stand.

I guess I should explain that since we started to have actual fun and education in this class, everyone seemed to have grown close as well. And like always, they loved Jas, this time not just because of her attitude or her knowledge on cars. But because of her, she was really cool and down to earth, to top it off she was beautiful.

It was like seeing the old Emily on another girl.

“Get out before we throw you out!” Ginger, a small girl with curly hair snapped.

The others start to move in front of the class too.

“Liam, they’re scaring me!” Emily says.

I rolled my eyes, “Well, maybe you should go.”

“What?” her eyes widened. “You’re siding with them?”

“I’m not siding with anyone.” I said. “You’re interrupting class-“

“It’s just a stupid drawing class Liam!” Emily said, “It’s an elective class for god sakes!”

I frowned hearing her say that.

“An elective class that Liam and all these other people loves.” Jas says. “Liam wants to be an architect, did you know that?”

“Who asked your opinion?” Emily snapped at her.

“I just thought since you cared so much about Liam, shouldn’t you also put into consideration things that would make him happy? Like his dream?” with that said she starts to gather her things.

“Jas, where are you going?” Sean, a quiet nerdy boy asks.

“I’m transferring elective.” She said, “You guys are here for a reason, I was here cause I was to much for auto class.”

“What?”

“No!”

“C’mon Jas…”

“I’ll see you guys around.” She says, “And I don’t want to hear anyone quitting this class, you hear? I have eyes and ears…”

The others chuckles as she pointed two fingers on her eyes and back at us.

“I’ll see you around Mr. Fox.” She says as she skipped out of the room.

“Later Jas…” he said and he crossed her arms over his chest, “I think you’ve done enough here, you may leave the room.”

“But-“

“Do note that the principal will hear this, not to mention the school’s benefactor.” With that said he turned back to his table.

Emily gave me a look, but I just turned away. I may have power over the students but not over teachers.

And even if I did, I didn’t want to talk to her right now.

What Jas said sort of made sense.

If Emily really did care about me, she would know that this isn’t just a drawing course, it was a step from my dream.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Wow, way to go to make your ex the bad guy already.” She says.

I chuckled and nodded, “I guess she was never the good guy to begin with.”

“I find that hard to believe.” She says, “You did fell in love with her.”

“Yeah, and?”

“She couldn’t have been that bad when you guys met.” She pointed out, “You said so yourself, she used to be sweet and all that until popularity got into her head.”

“Yeah, but-“

“C’mon, I’m sure you can find it in your heart to remember how she used to be before the transformation.”

I thought about it, “To tell you the truth, I can’t…” I said. “All I can really remember about her now was how she was so manipulative and bossy.”

“Why?”

“Cause we never really spoke much at the beginning.” I said. “We’d go out, talk and laugh… I thought that was it. I was already happy with those simple moments with her, until…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“That girl of yours, I swear, she’ll be the death of me.” Greg says.

“What?” I asked.

“She was at the front lawn with the guys waiting for you yesterday, while you were tutoring whoever loser you were tutoring and she cracked us up the whole time.”

I gave him a weird look, “Really?”

“Yeah…” he gave me a questioned look, “oh c’mon Montgomery, it’s not like we’re going to steal your girl.”

“What, no it’s not-“

“You got a great catch there man, don’t elet me down.” he says as he turn the other way, leaving me thinking.

Emily was always prim and proper when we were together. Her laugh was like little bells and she said she’d rather hear me talking than make me listen to her nonsense.

“Hey dude,” Phil threw an arm over my shoulder, “Em was the bomb yesterday! The seniors loved her and, well, she got a spot on the popular table and it wasn’t because of you.”

“A spot on the table?” I frowned, “But she doesn’t like crowds…”

“Well, she would have to now.” he said, “She accepted the invite and was more than welcomed by the cheerleading squad.”

“She was?” I asked.

“Yep.” He says.

Suddenly I heard a loud laughter of girls at the hall way, we followed the sound and my eyes instantly landed on Emily who was standing in the middle of the circle, talking and laughing, making wide gestures with her hands, making the girls laugh.

It was weird, she was never like that with me. It was like seeing a while different Emily.

“Hey you!” she says the moment she sees me.

“Hey…” I said, watching her carefully.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, sweetly.

“Nothing, I’m just…” I was lost for words. “Surprise?”

“Oh…” she looked over her shoulder, glancing at the girls who were now gossiping, on was making out with Phil. “Well, I thought, seeing that we are exclusive, I should make extra effort in making friends with your friends, seeing I am new and all.”

“Well, yeah, but you can make friends with my sisters, I’d rather-“

“But they’re you’re sisters.” She whined, “They have the prerogative to hate me or not.”

“They don’t hate you Em.” I said.

“Not yet.” She said. “C’mon Liam, do you really think I’m comfortable under your sister’s eyes?”

“Well, I’d want you to be.” I said.

“And I will, as long as I have friends of my own who’ll help me out on what I can do to impress your sisters.” She said, “Aside from the cheerleaders, your sisters seem to be the big names here in Kent. And I heard that their trust is hard to get, especially when it has something to do with you.”

I sighed, “Fine, if that’s what you want.”

She jumped and gave me a quick hug, “Thank you.”

“No problem,” I smiled and tucked a hair behind her ears, “just, don’t change ok?”

She laughs and slapped me on the arm, “Don’t be silly, I’m still your Emily.”

“I know.” I said and gave her a light kiss before I let her run off with the girls.

A year, it took only a year before I lost the Emily I loved. And the thing was I can’t seem to let her go, even with Charity telling me that she’s changed. And it was all because I held unto the fact that she was still my Emily.

Deep down I knew she was there.

“So you can pick me up at around seven and make reservations at that new French restaurant in town, you can use your dad’s name, I’m pretty sure he can get us in.” she says as she gives me instructions of what she wanted for the prom.

“Emily, I thought we agreed that we were having dinner with Charity and Alex?” I said as I drive Emily home after an afternoon of football.

She groaned, “I know baby, but c’mon! Let her have her date and we’ll have ours.”

“No.” I shook my head, I was still the over protective brother, even with a girlfriend. “I don’t trust the guy.”

“You don’t trust any guys with your sisters!” she says, tired of the argument.

“That’s because they can’t be trusted.”

“Well, I trusted you.” she said.

“And I’m not like them.” I said, “Have I ever cheated on you? Have you heard of me sleeping with anyone before this relationship?”

“Yes. It was several girls in fact.” She says.

“Baby, that isn’t even counted, those girls came to me.” I said, “Never did I broke one heart, nor did I lie to anyone to get in their pants.”

“And you don’t have to do any of that now either.” She teased and winked my way, making me laugh.

“My point is, I know what guys are capable of, not all guys are like me. Heck, even my brothers were often jerks with girls, but still… it doesn’t mean I will give those jerks an opportunity to play with my sisters.”

She shrugged, “I swear Liam, if I haven’t seen how inferior your sisters are compared to me, I would think you were in love with them or something.”

She turned to look outside the window while I stared at her with disbelief.

Did she really just say that?

Did she really just called my sisters inferior compared to her?

I mean, she was one of the hottest girls in school, that was true. But that was because of all the make up and the crappy diet she puts herself in. My sisters were naturally beautiful.

I drove a little faster and soon we reached her house.

She moved towards me but I moved away, “I’m all sweaty, you’d just be gross out.”

She laughed, “We’ve made out and had sex after a game Liam…”

“I just… I feel dirty, that’s all, I don’t want to get your clothes dirty.”

“Well maybe I want to get dirty-“

“My mom texted me earlier, she wants to watch over Tasha tonight, I need to get home early.”

She frowned and sat back, “But it’s movie night.”

“Sorry…” I unlocked the doors and she stormed out of the car, I didn’t even watch her walk away I just drove off, disappointed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Wow…” she cut me off.

“What?” I asked.

“Just, wow…” she stifled a laugh, “Now, we need to meet up after the show.”

“What?” I asked again.

“I need to see a photo of this girl.” She says, “If she thinks she’s all that, she needs to be all that.”

I laughed, “I doubt she’d pass your taste.” I said, “I’m pretty sure you won’t leave all the negative stories unnoticed.”

“True, but she deserves it.”

“Agree.” I said.

“So did you at least reprimanded her of that little statement?”

“No.” I said. “I did tell my sisters about it and they just laughed about it.”

“They did?”

“Yeah, my sisters are simple and would prefer to be noticed because of their wits and not because of their ass, you know?”

 “Hear, hear…” she says, “Well, I do agree now that your sisters and I might actually agree on a lot of things… just as long as they aren’t nuns.”

I laughed, “I told you they’re not.”

“Good.”

“What is it with you and nuns?”

“Nothing.” She says, “I know they’re good and all that, I just… forget about it.”

“No.”

“No?”

“No.”

“What is it with nuns that you don’t like?”

“It’s not that I don’t like them ok?” she said, “They just remind me of something.”

“And that is?”

“That is something for me to keep.” She says, “That’s the least you can give me after letting the whole world know about my pathetic life.”

“Well, I’m out here and you’re hiding-“

“Still, you’d still be accepted by the society, people voted you to be here, I was forced to be here to make ratings high.”

“What?”

“They said they’ve never had a girl like me here.”

“A girl like you?”

“A girl who doesn’t want to be here and set up with some random male.”

“Oh…” I said.

I guess we were in the same boat.

“Well, if it would make you feel better, I didn’t want to be here either, but they told me that they can throw me to jail if I refuse to do so.”

“Seriously?”

“Well, just a lawsuit, one which I’m pretty sure my family can get me out of.” I glanced at Amanda who squirmed on her seat. “But you know what?”

“What?”

“I actually feel good.” I said, “I haven’t spoken about these things with anyone for years, not even my sisters. Now I’m talking about it in live TV, I wouldn’t be surprise if Dr. Phil has something say about it on his episode later.”

She laughs, “I’ll be watching that, free consultation.”

I laughed and nodded.

“So, this girl…”

“What about her?”

“I know what happened afterwards, you broke out and hugh school drama spiked three times its usual rating and blah blah blah…”

“Yeah.”

“What about you?”

“What about me?”

“What happened to you?”

I frowned, thinking. No one had asked about that.

Though they pointed out that I changed but they never asked me what was going on in my mind.

“Well…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I moved out.

I started living again, trying out the waters, became the man whore that they say that I am.

But the thing was, I don’t want to be tied down.

I wasn’t scared of being in a relationship.

I wasn’t scared of responsibilities.

I was scared of the fact that I might not be able to give what I really can.

I’m scared that if I give too much, I’d end up hurt. If I give less, I wouldn’t satisfy her.

Well, I never thought of it right after really.

I had to witness someone be broken hearted first before I realize that.

“Justice, please…”

“No! Leave me alone…” she said on the other side of the room.

Henry sighed and turned to me.

“I’m guessing she woke up on the wrong side of the bed?” I asked.

He sighed, “I wish that was it.” he said. “It was supposed to be her wedding yesterday.”

“Supposed to be?”

“The ass left her at the altar.”

I hissed and shook my head, “Jerk.”

“More than that man,” he said, “anyway, my mom needs me home today, emergency. And I can’t leave her like this. Her brother’s still unreachable I’m pretty sure he’s still looking for that assh*le. And you know she doesn’t warm up on anyone else but me and her brother, but I’ve seen her warm up to you…”

“She has?”

“Yes, for some weird reason.” He grinned, “Anyway, I trust you Liam, I know you’ll take care of her.”

“But-“

“Thank you!” he said and walked pass me, “By the way, make sure that you are still when I come back, we have some planning to do.”

“We do?”

“Yes, so make yourself at home, make sure the princess is fed and doesn’t kill herself.”

“I’m not suicidal!” I heard her scream from the inside of her room before her door swung open, “I’m broken hearted and depress… I’m breakable and on the edge of breaking down, but I’m not suicidal, idiots!”

She stormed out of her room still on her gown, her face was cleaned of make up though, her hair came loose to whatever up do it was in.

“Well, I guess its good that you are out of your room.” Henry says as we follow her down the stairs and to the kitchen, “Let’s try to get you out of that gown…”

“Just leave Henry, I’ll be fine.” She whined, “And you too Liam, I’m really sorry you’d have to see me like this, and even have my idiot of a best friend pull you out of whatever business you are doing.”

“No.” Henry and I said in unisons causing us to exchange surprised looks.

“Look Justice, I don’t know the whole story, but I do know that it would be better that you are with someone.” I said as I stood by the door giving her a stern look.

“I’m still not losing the gown.” She said as she grabbed a chocolate bar from the fridge and crossing her arms over her chest.

“Babe, it’s a Vera Wang-“

“And aren’t you glad we didn’t get her original collection?” she says as she took a huge bite from the chocolate before storming pass us and out of the kitchen to the living room.

“Yes I do agree, but still…”

“Miss Wang would just have to live it to the fact that I do love her and her gown, but the memory of it is not so pleasant.” She whines again, stopping to face Henry, obviously both are irritated by now.

I would have taken off if I didn’t know that there was something different about her that day, her eyes weren’t lively nor was her conviction very convincing.

“Then just take it off.” Henry says exasperated.

“No!”

“What do you want to do with it then?” Henry asked. “Wear it until it just falls out?”

Then an idea hit me.

“You don’t need to take off the gown, Justice, as long as you are willing to go outside.”

“Outside?” they asked in unison.

“Yeah.”

“Do I, again, have to point out that this is a Veeeeraaaaaa Waaaaaaaang gown?“

“Not one of her original one of a kind one.” Justice pointed out again.

“It doesn’t make it any less of a gown for the gods.” Henry says, putting his hands on his hips.

“Would you two just stop it about the gown?” I groaned, rolling my eyes.

The two stared at me with disbelief.

“Now sit down and listen.” The two took a step back which automatically placed them in front of the sofa. “I have a due art project by the end of the week, and I still have no idea of what to do. And that’s what I was just busy about when Henry called me, I was doing nothing but I was doing some thinking-“

“Then you can go back to your thinking-“ Justice stood up and was about to leave but I blocked her way.

“Sit down.” I said sternly, and Justice sat back to the sofa beside Henry without a word. “Now, I get that this gown is of high importance to you Henry, and I don’t know who this Vera Wang is-“

“Where have you been-“ his eyes widened instantly and stood up to argue but I gave him another look.

“Sit down.” I snapped again, and he sat back. Annoyed and wide eyed.

“So, seeing that Justice doesn’t want to take off the gown, and Henry obviously don’t want to lose the beauty and what so ever of it, and I have a due project on Friday I have a proposal-“

“I’m done with proposals!” Justice whines and threw her head back on the sofa.

I grinned and finally relaxed, “I think you’d like this one…”

After half an hour I pulled over in front of a vacant building, one that I was just too familiar with.

“Are you planning to kill me because I’m whiney?” Justice asked, with no intentions of joking.

I laughed, “No, I promise, you’d love this.”

“So trash the dress?”

“Yeah, I’ve been seeing these on the web for a couple of years now, I just don’t know anyone who might want to trash an obviously very expensive dress.” I said glancing at her dress.

She sighed, “Like I said, I love the dress, I love the designer, but it just brings back memories.”

I smiled at her and made her face me. “Look at me, Justice…” she rolls her eyes but turn to me, but not exactly meeting my eyes, instead she looked down at her hands, entwining her fingers like she always do when nervous. “I’m not gonna ask what happened, but I do want to know one thing…”

“If I’m willing to do this for your project?” she shrugged. “Yes.”

I chuckled, “Not that, though thank you for doing this.” I said, I try to catch her eyes this time, “I want to know if this will help you forget, if it this will make you feel better, cause I have to admit, you look amazing on this gown, without make up or anything fancy on you.”

She looked up at me giving me an are you serious right now face before she gave a half hearted laugh and nodded, “Yes, I think it will help, a little.” She said, “It helped when I chucked the bouquet out the window, it helped when Henry helped me hammer the ring-“

“What?”

“Kidding.” She said, “I gave it back to his mom after we realized that he wasn’t coming to the wedding. All three rings.”

I felt worse for her, I had the urge to look for the ass and take care of him myself, problem was I never even met the guy. Probably why I didn’t know about the wedding either.

“Well, it’s a start, you’re letting go of things and, well, it’s too soon to tell what really helps, but I hope this one does.”

“There’s only one way to find out, right?” she grinned.

I gave her an equally excited smile, “Right you are princess, let’s go.”

We walked into my friends’ studio where I knew he was having one floor rented for special requests like this.

Soon Justice was covering herself with one color after another, with each hand print she made on the gown, she laughed.

I had a photo shot of her with blue hand marks on her breasts, then one red hand on her ass, while she act up on the camera.

“Ok, so we need the photo of the bride and groom!” my friend announced.

“There’s no groom.” Justice said, “That’s why I’m trashing the gown.”

“Well, how about a third person? A fall back? Rebound?” the guy asked.

Then Justice turned to me.

“What?”

“We’re doing the whole trash the gown experience, I need you…” she said.

“What?” I shook my head, “No.”

“Oh, c’mon Liam, please?” she pleaded.

“No, Justice, Henry is angry enough at me for putting this idea on your head.” I said.

“It’s your project.” she shrugged, “Besides its really helping me forget.”

She gave me her puppy dog eyes and obviously, I gave in.

My friend, Hank, laughed and tossed me a coat that would go well with my Jeans and grey shirt, he said I can make it work from there.

As if.

So we started with me splashing her with her favorite color, yellow. Rule was its only the gown that’s to be hit, of course, splash of it on her arms and face are exception. But somehow, I left her upper body almost clean, her bear shoulders only had drops and splat, underneath her left eye looked like a trail of tear rolled down.

I hit her on the other side with blue paint, and she just radiated summer.

She was beautiful as she laughed and tried to hit me back with some paint.

Soon, I was covered with paint as well, as she hug me from behind and even piggy backed on me, rubbing the paint on me.

I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her toward the front, making her squeal as I put both arms around her waist, tilting her back.

I stared at her laughing face and smiled at her.

“Feeling better?” I asked.

“Thank you.” she said and reached for my face, putting a yellow hand print there.

I laughed as I felt her cold hand. I set her back on her feet.

“That was a beautiful shot.” Hank said. “If I didn’t know Liam any better, I’m thinking you two had been secretly in love for years.”

We stared at each other for a second before I stepped back.

“Wait…” Hank says, as he moved toward us, and pulled us back together, “There, hold that…”

He made me stand somewhat with my back at him, one arm around Justice , while Justice had her hands on my shoulder, her body tilting backwards, like she was moving away.

I stared deep in her eyes, somehow, I was happy that the sad girl from earlier was gone, even if it was just a moment.

Hank took the shot and I slowly moved away.

“Wait, last one.” Hank announced.

This time he made me stand behind Justice, then taking a brush with red paint on it he spread it on my hands, then he pressed it over Justice’s heart. Half of my hand grazed her gown, half of it her skin.

She looked up at me, as surprised as I was.

Then Hank placed her right hand on my nape, as if she was pulling me over her shoulder making me look down at her over her shoulder.

Our face was just a few inches away.

I caught her push down a lump on her throat.

She was breathing hard, so I did the most normal thing to do. I slid my hand around her waist, resting it just below her breast and above her stomach. My left arm snaked around her as well, resting my hand just above her left breast, and I pulled her closer to me.

“You ok?” I asked in almost a whisper as Hank continued to take his pictures.

Justice just nodded, but never lost her eye contact with me.

“You still look amazing.” I said, “I guess it wasn’t the gown after all.”

She gave a small smile and I caught a tear reach the corner of her eyes and rolled down her face.

“You’re supposed to be forgetting.” I said.

“I am…” she said and rested her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes, “That’s a happy tear.”

I smiled down at her until Hank had finally called it a wrap.

He had all the pictures he wanted, more than I needed, and all that Justice would want to keep.

But she did.

In fact we have an album of it, and the final shot, the one where she was looking serene, with one tear rolling down her face, her head resting on my shoulder as I watch her, has a blown up copy that is hanging on her bedroom. She said it was her favorite.

Mine would be when I saw that tear.

Cause I knew that it was the last one she would shed for that jerk.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Wow…”

I laughed, “You’ve been saying that a lot…”

She laughed. “Sorry, but… I did that with a friend once, trash the gown… it was amazing. And with what happened to me, well, you can just imagine.” She stifled a laugh, “Your friend was lucky she was able to say I do.”

“Move on already!” a guy shouted at the audience.

“I have!” duddette snaps back, “No one forced you to stay, idiot.”

“Hey, hey, calm down there…”

“Sorry…” she says, “Anyways, that was really sweet of you to do that for your friend.”

I laughed, “Well, I did also got something from it, so the intentions wasn’t that pure.”

“Still, you helped her see the good things.” She said, “At least that was what I felt when my friend and I did that.”

“You were happy to be bathed with paint?” I teased.

“It was once in a life time experience, so yeah.” She laughs.

“It was…” I nodded as I reminisce.

“So this girl…” she says. “Is she the one you’re in love with?”

I didn’t answer as I thought about it first.

“She could be…” I said.

“What do you mean? Are you in love with several girls?”

“No.” I said, “It’s just, I know what she’s been through and I don’t want to cause her any pain.”

“I think that that’s inevitable.” She said. “Anyone who is important to you can cause you pain. I mean just look at my mom. She’s supposed to take care of me and all that jazz being a mom, but never did I have that opportunity with her.”

“And would you have wanted to?”

“Of course I would.” I said, “What kind of daughter wouldn’t want that? I mean, even Barbie has a mom she lied to. Why can’t I have that?”

“Cause you can’t have everything?” I offered.

“So is what I’m asking for so impossible now that I should just leave it to dreaming?” she asked.

“Well, what do you think?” I asked.

She was quiet for a few seconds, “I think she’s the reason I’m scared to love. I think she’s the reason I can’t trust… I think she’s the reason that I dream more than I should.”

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

10.8K 170 28
Elizabeth finds herself falling in love with a very sexy vampire named Lawrence. Everything is totally fine until Lawrence's twin "evil" brother show...
1.3K 43 16
There's a new unpopular girl named Jay and a popular girl named Jasmine. Jay is a lesbian who's out to everyone while Jasmine is also a lesbian but...
Playing His Game Por C

Novela Juvenil

2.7M 72.5K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
The Boy Next Door Por Zoe 🦒

Misterio / Suspenso

158K 5.1K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...