What's Behind Curtain Number...

By Triszjhkha

Justice Knight is a spunky college student with a gay best friend, Henry, for a side kick. Or maybe it's the... More

Prologue
Let's Start At The End
The Askee
Not All Little Girls Wanted Unicorns
Waiting For Nothing
Too Gay To Notice
Many Isn't Always Merry
Taking Chances
Guts...
Just a moment of your life
Butterfly Kisses
I'd Come For You
I'm Movin' On
A Little Bit Stronger
Time Will Reveal
I Won't Give Up
If I Ain't Got You *part1*
If I Ain't Got You *Part2*
Epilogue

~Almost~

3.5K 49 0
By Triszjhkha

“Fidelity is the sister of Justice. “ Horace 

Justice’s POV

“But I have to say, that is sweet.” I said, “My brother and my best friend was all out on protecting me, they marked and branded me with a hands off on my forehead. That wasn’t fun, but you used that ground to start a relationship with your sister. I have to admire that.”

“That’s the second compliment.” I can just see the smirk as he says that, well, if only I knew what he looked like I could imagine a smirk.

I shook my head, and gave a light laugh, “I’ve actually lost count already, unfortunately, you just caught two…” then I gave it a thought, or two. “ You aren’t so bad stranger.”

“So can I be called Mystery guy now?”

I rolled my eyes, “C’mon dude, be a man, seriously? Mystery guy?”

“Point taken.” He says, amused.                                               

“Well, I do agree that we seemed to have cross a certain bridge now…” Amanda butts in again.

What the hell is she talking about now? I thought.

I must admit, it was getting easier by the minute, and with the feel of my numb ass, I say it has been more than half an hour. And this gig will be coming to an end, and we’ll know what our fate will be. I know mine, I wonder about him.

“You are obviously more comfortable now with each other, so let’s bring on the heavy words.” Amanda continues.

“Heavy words?” I raised a brow- that doesn’t sound good for neither one of us. “Don’t hurt yourself there Amanda.”

I hear the audience laugh, and a chuckle from Stranger, yeah I can distinguish it now. It wasn’t so hard with him wearing a microphone.

“What do you have in mind?” I hear him asking Amanda, his voice has that annoyed tone but I guess he was trying to be a gentleman.

A second pass before she responded, as if she was stringing up the excitement of who won as the president of the whole universe.

“Love…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Love?” I repeated, along with Stranger.

“Yes, love…” Amanda gushed and I heard some of the audience sighed.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Well, isn’t that a surprise…” I whined, sarcastic.

“Oh, c’mon dudette…” Amanda says, “You’ve come this far-“

“And I’ve had enough.” I snapped. “Nobody told me of anything like this.”

“Well, this is a dating game, do you really think we’d let it pass?”

“Do you really think there is someone in the whole damn world who falls in love on their first date?” I snapped, “Let alone on a game show where the two can’t see each other. Heck, even people in Bachelor and Bachelorette break up!”

“Now, dudette-“

“And its stupid TV shows just like this one that makes people believe that there is some sort of magic in love… that you can never be happy alone or that you are unloved without a partner…”

I took a deep breath and gasp, grabbing for my chest. Only then did I realize that I was crying.

“Hey, hey, calm down…” I hear Stranger say.

I instantly sat back and did as told. I took deep breaths, closing my eyes and center my attention on my breathing.

“Can we get someone water for her?” I hear Stranger ask. “Are you ok dudette?”

“No.” I said, still catching my breath.

“Can someone get her some water please!” I hear him shout outside.

“Hey, you can’t go there-“

“She’s hyperventilating!” he shouts again.

Suddenly the lights were off in the booth, even the spot light were gone, then the door behind me opened.

“Justice…” to my surprise it wasn’t Henry.

But hearing his voice was just as relieving. I turn to him and instantly threw my arms over him.

“Shh… it’s ok…”

“I can’t… please, no more… take me home Xander… please?” I cried and hid my face on the crook of his neck.

“Justice, you know how I love you and I would do anything for you…” he whispered, “But not this time.”

Then he pulled away from me and looked me straight in the eyes.

“This seems to be good for you.” he said, “You’ve been able to speak about the wedding… the family… dad…” he pushed my hair back and wiped away my tears. “I’ve been wondering when you will tell me what you really are feeling, only to find it on live TV.”

“H- how did…”

He chuckled, “My secretary’s a big fan. She barged into my room saying that she’s pretty sure that it’s you on the TV.”

“What?”

“Yeah, apparently, she knows your legs anywhere.”

I chuckled and shook my head as I also wipe the incoming tears.

“Finish this Justice if it’ll bring you peace of mind.” He said. “It’ll help both of us… it will help you.”

I stared at him, seeing that he was truly worried about me. I know that, I didn’t want seeing him worried. But this one is different.

“I don’t…”

“You’re scared of love cause?” he asked.

“What?”

“That’s all you have to tell them.” he said. “Why are you scared of love…”

“But that isn’t what they want.”

He grinned, “You’re a Knight, the ball is always on your court. If it isn’t-“

I grinned, “-make the whole court yours.”

“That’s right.”               

I nodded and remembered that… it was one of Xander’s lines that had some sense if you really think about it. A bit cocky, but it made sense.

“Justice?”

Xander lets me go and I turned to see a couple of girls staring at Xander, actually, gawking would be a better term, all carrying a glass of water and a tissue box.

“Oh, god, thank goodness you’re ok.” Henry says walking pass the gawking girls. “Are you alright hon?”

I forced a smile and looked up at my brother, “Yeah…” then I turned to them and nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Good…” he says, then turned to Xander. “Didn’t know we can disturb you and your busy schedule.”

“Didn’t know you two go crashing TV shows on your free time and…” he checks his watch, “at an almost godly hour.”

“Yeah, we were on our way to get some drink at the bar, when Justice was asked to do the show.”

“Hm, interesting.” Xander gave me a teasing look one which I brushed off.

“Justice?” I turned to Janice, pushing her way through the girls with Kevin on her heels. “You ok?”

“Yeah.” I said, checking on my breathing as well.

“Well, let’s freshen you up just a bit…” Kevin stepped up and dabbed a wet tissue underneath my eyes, probably taking off the mascara that ran down my face. after a few seconds he stepped back and smiled, the tips of his fingers on my chin tilting my head to the sides. He finally smiles and looked me straight in the eyes. “Perfect, as usual.”

I smiled in thanks.

“Well, aren’t you handy?” Henry says.

I rolled my eyes hearing the familiar flirt tone he was now posing.

“You must be the best friend.”

“Indeed I am.” Henry says handing out his hand. “Henry.”

“Kevin.” Shakes his hand, then turns to Xander, “Any chance that you’re one of us?”

“No.” Xander took a step back and glanced at the girls who were still gawking at him, who all seemed to have given a sigh of relief.

“People! Focus, please, we have a show to run! Justice, here’s some water…” Janice snaps, and the girls jumped and went on their way, “you can take this back in there with you too…” she hands me the box of tissue. “You are going back there right?”

I glanced at Xander again, remembering what he said earlier. If he thinks this can help me, then why not? Maybe it can…

“Thank you.” I said as I hand her back the now half empty glass of water and took the box of tissue. “And yes I am.”

She smiled, “Good, you really are doing good. Ratings are way above than our normal… had gone times five already.”

“Wow…” I said.

“You are phenomenal as always, Justice.” Xander teases.

“Anyway, you should go…” Janice says, turning me around to lead me back to the booth.

“Wait!”

I turn and ran back to Xander. He caught me in his arms as I held unto him tight, “You’d be here afterwards?”

“I promise.” He whispered, “I even turned off my phone.”

I giggled and looked up at him, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He smiled, “I love you baby sis, always.”

I smiled, “I love you too big brother.”

“Now go back in there and kicked that boy’s butt.”

I chuckled, “I will.”

I waved at Henry who just smiled at me and winked.

“You’ll accommodate my brother, right?” I asked Janice, worried.

“Have you seen your brother?” she chuckled. “I’m pretty sure the girls would build him a make shift throne if it meant they can be near him.”

I rolled my eyes, “Please don’t do that.” I pleaded.

She smiled as we reached the door that leads to the booth again.

“Justice, I doubt that a parade of naked girls can take away your brother’s attention when it’s you on the line.”

I gave her a smile and nodded.

“Now go knock them dead.” she says.

I turned and entered the booth again. I sat down and took a deep breath, the moment I let that breath go, the booth was filled with lights.

“And we’re back with dudette…” Amanda says, half heartedly. “We are truly sorry for the wait everyone-“

“Are you ok?” I hear stranger ask, I didn’t answer. “Dudette?”

“Yeah?”

“Are you ok?” he asks again.

“Yeah.”

“Look, we don’t have to talk about love if it would upset you.” he said. “Heck, I don’t think I can talk about it in live TV anyways.”

I chuckled as I stared down at the box of tissue on my lap.

“Well, maybe you can also ask for a box of tissue from the staff.” I said, “There’s about eight girls walking around at the back with one box each.”

I hear the audience and Stranger laugh.

“You sure you’re ok though?” he asks again.

“Yeah…” I sighed, “My brother said this might be good for me.”

“Your brother?” he asked.

“He just arrived.” I said. “He said that this might actually be good for me.”

“Why is that?”

“Cause I get to talk whatever I tried to avoid to talk about in reality.” I said, then I chuckled again. “It’s funny how comfortable and confident you feel when you are hiding behind a three walled room with only a curtain cutting you out from the real world.”

The whole place was quiet now, it was probably the most serious moment I had in the show. Even when I was talking about my dad.

Then I took another deep breath.

“I’m sorry if I ran away earlier.” I said in almost a whisper. “The thing is…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I’m scared of love.

I’m scared of a lot of things, but love is on my high priority red alert list.

I was never a fan of it, nor was it a fan of me.

The first time I’ve ever felt that I was loved was when I was with my dad.

Then when I was with my grand parents.

Then there was Xander and Henry.

Now I only had Henry as Xander was always away on business trips.

The only love I ever knew that was outside the family was with him.

“So about tonight… “ he says as he tightens his hold around my waist.

In my peripheral view I can see April standing in front of her locker staring at him. Yes, at him not at us.

“What about it?” I ask trying to give him my full attention.

“Well, I was thinking that maybe we can stay at your place afterwards.” He says in almost a whisper. “I heard your parents went out of town and Xander is going on a date.”

“And so are we.” I said, questioned, “I don’t get why we need to be alone in that big old mansion.”

“Exactly…” he grinned and ran his finger down my arm, “alone in that big old mansion.”

We’ve been dating for a good 1 year already, and he was an amazing guy.

He would listen when I whine, go shopping, and even go pick clothes that matches for us.

But I guess that’s just the simple things. He has needs too. One that I was very aware of but cannot give.

I push him away, “No Dan.”

“What?”

“No.” I said, “We’ve talked about this.”

“Baby, come on…” he whined.

“No Dan.” I said and turned to leave.

“Wait, baby, wait…” he says, pulling me back to him, an arm wrapped around my waist and set us back in front of my locker. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing…” I said looking away.

“It’s not nothing Justice.” He says, annoyed. “I don’t want to pressure you or anything baby, I just think that I’ve proven myself enough… that I am serious about this relationship.”

“I know you are, Dan… it’s just that…” I shrugged, not knowing how to say the real reason so I won’t look like such a loser to him. He hated that.

“Is there someone else?” he asked, loosening his hold of me.

“What? No! of course not.” I said instantly looking up at him.

“You don’t trust me then?” he snapped.

I knew he was getting angry now, and I didn’t want that. The last time he went angry he slapped me, all because I was talking with one of the guys behind the bleachers where I was waiting for him, but he thought other wise.

He apologized for that one, and I forgave him. I thought it was sweet how much he was jealous, of his own team mate even.

Xander never found out about it.

Dan made me promise not to say anything. Besides, it was around the time that he found out that his dad was cheating on his mom, so I guess it was really my fault.

“I do, baby, I do…” I reached out for his face, instantly he frowned and stared at me, looking pained and sad.

“Then what am I doing wrong Justice?” he asked.

I sighed and shook my head, “You aren’t doing anything wrong.” I said. “It’s me.”

“What?”

“I don’t…” I sighed and took a step nearer, looking him straight in the eyes, “I don’t think I’m ready yet.” I whispered. “I don’t want to end disappointing you or making the whole thing awkward…”

“Oh, baby…” he says, pulling me to him, “Baby, I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I just thought, when you agreed to sleep over at my house that it was… I’m sorry…”

I hugged him tight as I remembered that night with him. It was the night that I did almost lose it.

Dan was good, really good. And if it wasn’t for my good judgment, I would have given in.

“But listen baby,” he said as he rested his forehead on mine, “You will never be a disappointment… nothing will ever be awkward between us… I love you, that’s all that matters.”

We were on our Junior year, it was before all the drama began, before mom and dad came home with the bad news.

That bad news just brought more bad news.

“Shh…” he held me tight as I cried and screamed in his arms.

The pain was unbearable, it wasn’t even real.

“Let it all out…” he whispered.

“It’s not supposed to be like this Dan…” I cried.

“I know, I know…” he says, “But there’s nothing we can do now, babe… I mean, I’m pretty sure that if there is, your dad will find a way.”

I sat up and moved out of his hold.

I stared straight in his eyes as we sat on top of his bed, I was sitting in between his legs, and had been crying my heart out for the last three hours. I didn’t even know that that was possible.

“Dan…” I start, my voice hoarse and cracking as I reached for his face, “Dan, please promise me that you aren’t leaving me.”

“Justice-“

“Promise me.” I urged. “Please, baby, I don’t think I can live without you… not after this…”

He just stared at me, his eyes filled with concern and love.

“I’ll do anything to make you stay, baby, I promise…” I said leaning on him, resting my head on his shoulder.

“I know…” he whispered, “And I’ll do everything to make you happy… I’m not leaving you, never…”

So much for never.

After half a year he had proposed and then a month later dad announced an early reading of his last will and testament.

The whole family was there.

Well, at least the remaining ones that still has business with the Knights.

He had just finished reading what Xander would have to take over for him, which was pretty much everything.

“For my daughter, I leave with her the remaining businesses that I haven’t mentioned-“ he glanced at me and smirked, “I’ll email you the list, I’m too tired to read this through.”

I chuckled and shook my head. The whole time he was reading his will he was making jokes and what not to lighten the whole situation.

“Though I’m pretty sure you would be happy to know that you got that recording label that I started for you.”

I smiled, “Thank you dad, I’m sure you’ve left tons of work for that as well.” I teased him.

“Yeah, well, that’s for you to worry about now.” he teased back, making the others laugh. “You’ll have full control of these businesses once you turn 18.”

I nodded and sighed. Dan sat beside me, squeezing my hand.

“And to Dan, my daughter’s fiancé,” my dad said the words as if it was poisonous and glanced at Dan not at all happy, “I’m guessing you would have a share as well, but only if you work under the company. No easy way in, you will be an employee and not an owner, every single penny that these companies will provide my daughter will be for her and your children alone.”

I felt Dan stiffen beside me, in shock.

I stared at him carefully, remembering what my dad and Uncle Charlie was saying about him as a gold digger.

“You will make your own money and will survive with only what my daughter offers you, none of which will be the control of any of the companies that I hand over to her. And in case you get ideas of threatening my daughter, or your children to be… or even if you just file anything that warrants you ownership of any of my businesses, all this will be turned over to Xander.”

Dan’s hold of my hand tightened more, to the point that I think he will break my fingers.

“Am I understood?” father asked.

“Yes sir, I understand.” Dan says, “But I do hope you understand that I am not marrying your daughter for your money or whatnot. We have been together for years and I have proposed to her thinking it will give you the comfort that she will be taken care of always.”

“She should be.” He said, “I’m not expecting any less. And seeing you will be part of the Knight’s family, unfortunately-“

“Daddy.” I warned but he just brushed aside.

“Do understand that Xander, being the family’s head now, will have much control over Justice and you and your marriage. The moment he sees that there is a problem or if you even just make my daughter cry or hurt her once, I swear to all gods here and on the other side, I will have you killed.”

“Daddy!”

“Am I understood?”

“Yes sir.”

So much for having him killed. I thought. You can’t bump into dead people can you?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ok, so let me get this straight…” I hear Stranger say as I paused, remembering seeing Dan earlier, “you’re scared of love because of that jerk?”

“I guess so.” I said.

“Dudette, c’mon…” he chuckled, “you are so much better than this.”

“What?” I asked.

“This jerk made you believe that he’s all that and that’s as good as it’s gonna get for you.” he said. “At least that crush you had at your new school had the time to realize that.”

“Realize what exactly?” I asked, “That I wasn’t special enough that he had to agree that I didn’t belong there?”

“That you were more than special to be in the crap of a hell whole he was in.” he corrected.

And that shut me up.

“I don’t know what kind of game this ex of yours is playing, but I’m glad you weren’t married to him.” he said. “Just imagine if you had kids, they’ll be a jerk like him and as annoying as you.”

“Hey…” I whined making the audience laugh.

“Dudette, like I said, being left on the altar wasn’t your happy ending. Him talking sh*t like that with your dad, just proves what kind of man he is.” He said. “I’m sure there’s more than that in your future. And it will be grander than you have expected or even dreamed of. You deserve that.”

“Why do you say that?” I asked.

“Cause…” he said. “You’re the princess that is needed to be saved at the end. You are meant to be happy, you’re just that type of person.”

I thought of what he said. You’re the princess that is needed to be saved… I thought.

“Thank you I guess.” I said.

“Just stating the fact princess.” He said. “Now, I am still curious of this jerk though…”

I chuckled, “You and half of my clan are.” I said. “I’m thinking you want to know what happened after running away?”

“Not really, I want to know why he ran away.”

I frowned, no one ever asked that before.

“Cause I’m assuming that on top of being a jerk, he’s also stupid and an ass-“

“Hey, some dude has reasons!” someone from the crowd shouted.

I chuckled, “I guess we have a renegade in our midst.”

Only then did I remembered that he was his here with his bimbo friend. Somehow, I was thankful that I came back, maybe I can give him a taste of his own medicine.

“Amanda?”

“What?” she snapped.

“Let’s say that I slipped up and I accidentally say a person’s name, what would happen?”

“Well, I don’t think that ever happened before.” She answers. “Though we’d ask you to be really careful cause that might cause problems of your secret identity.”

“Oh, that makes sense.”

“Yeah, so I’d rather you be careful…”

“Ok…” I sighed. “So anyway… what was your question again?”

“Why did he left?”

“Well…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I never really thought of asking why he left; or rather why he left me at the altar.

I just assumed that the pressure was too much, and that whatever hell dad put him in, he was making me pay.

But you can just be surprise when after three months he was standing outside my door.

“Dan?”

He gave me an unsure smile and a light wave. “Hey Justice…”

I looked inside the house, the boys were there for the day, playing- they even found Liam and tossed him into another weekend of inefficiency and high electric bill.

I pulled my knitted sweater closer around me, trying to get the cold feeling away brought by the unexpected guest. Not to mention I was on my lounge shorts which was my shortest shorts, which he use to hate, but I guess he has no say on it now.

“W-what are you doing here?” I ask in almost a whisper.

“I just wanted to see you.” he said as if it was the most casual thing to say.

“You can’t just barge in like this.” I snapped as I half close the door behind me.

“Why? Is someone in there with you?”

“Yes.” I snapped. “My brother and Henry are here and there are on their right mind to kill you.”

He shrugged, “That’s why I’m here Justice.”

“What?” I snapped and pushed him back, “To apologize? To explain what the hell happened?”

“Yes and-“

“And asked me back?” I continued to snap. “Well, guess what Dan, I don’t need you or your explanation. I have had enough of being left in the dark. Do you know how many women had come by here looking for you? Their supposed boyfriend?”

He frowned and looked away.

“You made me believe you were being patient and loyal!” I snapped, “You said you love me!”

“And I do, Justice!” he cut in, grabbing me by the arm and holding me about a foot from him. “I do love you… I know that now.”

“What?”

He sighed, “When we were younger I dated you so I can get a one up on everyone. That if I was to date the queen bee I will be as untouchable as your brother. And I was… When I ask you to marry me, it was all to prove to your dad that I was deserving of your attention and being part of your family, that he was wrong about my intentions, but really, he was right. So after he announced that I will never be part of your family, that I will be a detachable member… I just lost it.” he sighed and let me go. “I thought I lost everything that I was working for, that it would be worthless to fight for nothing.” He looked back at me, straight in my eyes, only then did I notice the dark circles under his eyes, how tired he looked and the tears that was swelling on the edge of his eyes.

“Then when I left you, when I saw you crying at the church-“

“You were there?” I asked, my eyes widened.

“I didn’t know what I wanted that time.” I said. “I thought that if I marry you, I will not be losing or gaining anything. But I was wrong.” he reached for my hand, “I gained nothing but I lost you… you were the only person who understood me, the one who truly cared about me… the one who took time to listen to me when I was a broken after my parents’ divorced. You were the only one who really loved me, Justice, and I was stupid to never notice. I just thought you were a little spoiled kid who get what you want whenever you want it.” he looks away at the same moment that tear roll down his face. “But you proved me wrong, every word you told me it was all true… I was scared by my own mistakes that I didn’t see how genuine you were… I am sorry for causing you so much pain Justice, I am so sorry…”

I stared at the man that I have loved for years, the one who I thought I loved and cared for, the one who I was supposed to live my life and grow old with.

The strong man I use to admire was crumbling in front of me. Begging for forgiveness.

My forgiveness.

If I was the old Justice, I would have. But at that moment, I can’t find it in my heart to be the better person.

I was still hurting, I haven’t even forgiven myself for trusting him so much that I practically close out everyone around me for him.

“I’m sorry Dan, but I can’t…” I said. “Not now, maybe years after…”

“No!” he says, reaching for me. “Please Justice, I need you… you can’t-“

I shook my head, “I thought I needed you too… I thought I can’t live without you…” I pulled out of his hold, “but I was wrong. Cause I have lived without you and I am happy now, Dan. If you truly do love me then just let me live in peace.”

“Justice-“

“Don’t come back Dan, don’t call me or even come back to apologize.” I said, “I’ll forgive you sooner or later, but I don’t think you have the right to know if I already have, neither do you have the right to come back as if you have done nothing. Cause I can never be that girl you fell in love with again, I can never be the girl who loved you but you’ve taken for granted.”

He just stared at me, surprised.

“Justice?” I heard Liam call.

“I’ll be right there!” I said.

“Who’s that?”

“A friend.” I smiled, “A friend who has done so much more for me in the short span of time we’ve met than you have all these years.”

With that said I turned and went back inside and closed the door. I made my way to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water before going back to join the boys. To my surprise, Liam was in the kitchen. Leaning by the microwave, arms crossed over his chest as if waiting for someone.

He had his eyes on me the moment I stepped in the kitchen, I stared back at him.

He pointed at the microwave beside him, “Popcorn.”

“Oh…” I said, then I made my way to the fridge and grabbed a bottled water.

I can feel his eyes on me as I try to open the bottled water.

The scene outside played again and again in my mind, and the frustration of not being able to open the water was getting to me.

To my surprise someone reached for my hand and pried the bottle away from my grip.

I turned to Liam as he uncapped the bottle for me.

“You don’t always need to be alone in everything, you know.” He said, “You can always ask for help.”

I stared at him and as if on cue, I step up and hid my face on his chest and cried.

I felt him wrap his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

“If it’s hurting you this much, is it possible that you made the wrong decision of letting him go?” he asked. I didn’t answer as I continue to sob. “If you’re lucky you can still catch him downstairs.”

I shook my head. “No…”

“Then why are you crying?” he asked.

“Cause I thought I love him.” I said in between sobs. “I thought I knew what it was to love… that my life isn’t so bad… but then all crashes down and all is just a lie…” I cried harder.

“Shh…” he ran his hand up my arms and pulled me away. “Not everything was a lie.” He said. “The fact that you are hurting this much meant that you loved him the way you know how, you cared for him genuinely and you were true to your word right down to the end.”

I just stared at him as he smiled at me. “But life isn’t as bad as you think it is because he’s gone now. You got your closure with him, you can start over and everything will fall in its right place, just give yourself time to heal.”

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist, “Thank you Liam…”

“Anything for the princess.” He said, I felt him kiss me on the top of my head, then the microwave finally rang.

But he didn’t let me go, not yet, as I didn’t let go as well.

Cause at that moment, I knew that he was right.

Maybe I was missing a lover… but I had my brother and the two best guy friends a girl can ask for.

That’s enough love to last me for years until I do find my prince.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I said it once and I’ll say it again, this guy really has a thing for you.” Stranger says.

“Impossible.” I said half heartedly, remembering the moment we had earlier.

“See? Even you don’t believe yourself.” He pointed out.

“No, I just… it’s impossible.” I said.

“Why are-“

“Just believe me when I say it’s impossible.”

“Is he gay?” he asked.

“No.” I laughed, “He’s as straight as you are, I’m betting.”

“Then I believe you.” he says, “Anyways, let’s look back again…”

“What?”

“Well, we solved that that jerk wasn’t really the reason you are scared of love.” He said.

“That was just your assumption.” I argued.

“And I have a lot.” He says, “Like, the reason why you find it hard to trust guys isn’t also because of that ass but because of your brother.”

“My brother?” I asked.

“Well you said he was a man whore.” He pointed out.

“You can’t really blame him…” I sighed, “I mean, the girls backstage can prove that.”

“But the thing is, your brother was never in a relationship with any of those girls, he didn’t make any promises- well, probably just a perfect one night stand- other than that, they shouldn’t be expecting any less. I mean, as much as girls have the right to choose who to date, we guys also have the reason to choose who we can date, right?”

“I guess.” I said, it did made sense.

“So, let’s not assume all guys are two timers.” He said. “Some are actually pretty much trust worthy.”

Pretty much, huh?” I chuckled, “I guess that’s better than nothing.”

He laughs as well, “Unfortunately, that’s the best I can offer.”

“Even if it’s you?”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Are you going to offer the girl you love a pretty much best relationship you can offer or give her the best you can offer?”

“Well, that would depend on what is the best for her… wouldn’t it?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.6K 43
I aburtly stand from my bed when I heard my apartment door opening with a 'THUD' sound.I quickly run to the front room only to see a guy sucking a bl...
41.1K 1.5K 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Star has her entire life planned out, and it's been like that since she was younger. She's been in the best schools, which...
2.7M 72.6K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
1M 31.9K 61
"So your go!" She said, smiling up at me brightly. "Wait what?" I answered with a look of confusion playing upon my face. "Well I just...