Stranger Not So Danger

By rosegolden_

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... More

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 22 ~ Only You
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
New Book!

Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings

4.1K 104 8
By rosegolden_

**one year later**

Lindsey's POV:

"Guys! Can you believe it? We're graduating!" Leia exclaimed.

"It's only hitting me now." she added.

"Same." Karra replied.

The two of them, along with Jaymie and I, were standing outside of the diner, since we would go to the high school after we ate.

"Where's the guys?" I asked.

"Chris said they're running a little late." Karra answered. "Liam forgot his dress pants." she added.

"Oh gosh. You all have your stuff right?" Jaymie asked.

"Yup, it's all in the car." Leia replied.

"Should we just get a table so they can order as soon as they come?" Jaymie suggested.

We all agreed and sat at one of the longer tables.

"We're here!" a voice yelled after the bell above the door jingled.

We all looked to the door to see Chris strolling in, along with the other three boys.

"That's your boyfriend Karra." Leia said.

We all looked to Karra to see her face in her hand.

"I know." she said, muffled by her hand.

"Hey beautiful." Jake said, coming to sit next to me.

"Hi." I said, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Chris greeted Karra as well, and Leia went outside to bring Jordan in.

Soon after we all settled down, Leia and Jordan came in to sit down as well.

"Uh, I'm surrounded by couples. I'm seventh-wheeling." Jaymie said.

"Not, Liam doesn't have a date either." Chris added.

"Yea, I don't have a date, Jay." Liam said, resting his chin on his hand and sending Jaymie a wink.

"Gross. And please don't call me Jay." she said, trying to be at least a little polite.

Liam shrugged and continued to look at his menu.

About five minutes later, the waiter came to our table to take our order.

He was a boyish cute, with light brown hair and a tall frame. I had never seen him before, so he probably just graduated and was saving up money for college or something like that (because I would've seen him before considering how much Jake and I come to this diner.)

He caught Jaymie's eye right away.

Even better, she caught his as well.

"Well Jaymie, I guess you spoke too soon." Karra said softly to Jaymie.

Her face lit up to a pink and she turned her head away.

"Hey guys, I'm Eric. I'll be your waiter today. You all ready to order?" he said politely.

We all listed off our orders, and he recorded all on his notepad.

"Got it. I'll be back with your shakes." he said, sending a small smile at Jaymie before leaving to disappear behind the 'Employees Only' door.

"Jaymie!" Leia screeched.

"Gosh Leia, I'm gonna go deaf soon if you keep screaming like someone's murdering you." Jordan said, arm around Leia's shoulder.

"Shut up. Anyways, before I was rudely interrupted, you should talk to that waiter! He's absolutely into you." Leia finished.

"I don't know. If he shows any interest, maybe, but for now, I don't wanna get my hopes up." Jaymie explained.

"Okay, whatever you say." Leia said with a smirk.

"I'm serious Leia. No meddling." Jaymie warned her.

Leia pouted and went back to talking with Jordan.

"What time do we need to leave here to get to school on time for graduation?" Liam asked.

"It's 12 right now, so I'm thinking maybe no later than a quarter to one." I said.

He nodded and went back to scrolling on his phone.

"Are you coming with us Jordan?" Leia asked him.

Jordan graduated last year, but he went to a different school than us.

"I think I'll go to the store first, then go to the school." he said with a smile.

"Here's your shakes." we heard Eric say from behind us.

He was carrying a tray of seven milkshakes, and Jaymie was fighting the urge to look at him.

"If you guys need anything, I'll be over there." Eric informed us, pointing to a corner where the other waiters and waitresses were sitting.

"Thank you." we all said as he smiled and walked away.

Our group continued on with our conversations, and soon finished all of our shakes.

We left our payment (and Leia wrote Jaymie's number on a napkin for the waiter to see; so much for not meddling), and headed to our houses to get ready for the ceremony.

~~~~~

"Ready love?" I heard Jake say from the living room.

I had just come downstairs and to the kitchen after getting ready; I wore what we were instructed to wear: a nice lacey white dress, white small, two inch black heels with a gold buckle on the side. I braided a small section of my hair and pinned it, while the rest was curled. My makeup was minimal, with just mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss, with a hint of pink on my cheeks.

"Yea, I'm just gonna grab a snack and then we can go." I told him, grabbing a banana from the fruit basket.

"Let's go graduate." I said, planting a kiss on Jake's cheek as I met him at the front door.

~~~~~

The ceremony was wonderful. When they called my name, I couldn't even fathom that I was actually graduating high school.

I knew this wasn't the end of my story. Although my friends were going to different colleges than I was, I knew that we would find
each other again.

Nothing was actually ending, in my opinion.

Instead, a new journey was beginning.

"Linds, you ready?" I heard Jake say from
the line to get onto the plane.

"Hmm? Yup, let's go." I said, taking his hand in mine, walking towards the airplane and waiting for it to take us to our new destination.

Our new beginning.

That's all, daisies! Thanks to all of you who came on this journey of telling the stories of these two characters. I am so blessed to have amazing readers that keep up with my book even though I update late (like this one :/ ).

This was the epilogue, so this is the last chapter of  Stranger Not So Danger :(

But! If you liked this book, I encourage you to check my brand new book Running Away! I think you'll really enjoy this book too.

Once again, thank you for all your support and love! Thanks for all the votes, comments, and shares!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...
3.7K 401 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...
112K 2.1K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...