Never Say Die [Walking Dead F...

Per xlaurynwritesx

"It's the apocalypse, what else was I supposed to do?" Lyla Rose Brooks was a normal girl before everything h... Més

~<Part One>~
Chapter 1: Right Now
Chapter 3: They're Coming
Chapter 4: They Were Taken
Chapter 5: I'm Not a Drug Addict
Chapter 6: What an Asshole
Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff
Chapter 8: How Annoying
Chapter 9: Shit
Chapter 10: Everyone Sucked
Chapter 11: It Wouldn't Last
~<Part Two>~
Chapter 12: Been Better
Chapter 13: High
Chapter 14: Not My Dad
Chapter 15: Black
Chapter 16: This Meant War
Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked
Chapter 18: Close Enough
Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies
Chapter 20: 1
~<Part Three>~
Chapter 21: Away
Chapter 22: A Baby
Chapter 23: Made Me Happy
Chapter 24: Should Have Fucking Said Something
Chapter 25: Life Sucked
Chapter 26: Like That
Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up
Chapter 28: Pretty Badass
Chapter 29: Real Life
Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out
Chapter 31: Lasts Forever
Chapter 32: A Lot of Punching, A Lot of Blood
Chapter 33: A Killer
Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire
~<Part Four>~
Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom
Chapter 36: Bonus Points
Chapter 37: Traffic of Nightmares
Chapter 38: Better Alive
Chapter 39: Couldn't Do Anything
Chapter 40: All A Lie
Chapter 41: Good and Brave and Strong
Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Chapter 2: Don't See Us

134 4 0
Per xlaurynwritesx

A week or so went by and I had gotten to know the two women. They were actually both really nice. Michonne was always cautious, just like I was. Andrea was to sick to care.

They had more food then I did and thankfully they gave me some. I decided to stay and they didn't have anything against it.

"Why did you never tell us that you had six hunting knives?" Andrea asked looking to me.

"I just told you that I had them." I said looking back at her with my eyebrows raised.

"Let me look." Michonne said as I opened my bag and pulled them out. I kept them in a pouch meant for them. I unfolded the pouch and placed it down. "These are legit. Where did you get them?"

"My dad used to hunt. I've got one of his pistols too but it doesn't have any bullets in it." I said taking it out opening it to show them and then putting it down.

"Well damn Lyla Rose. You know you're weapons." Andrea said looking to me. "How old are you again?"

"I'm about thirteen." I chuckled. "My dad taught me all about em when everything first started."

All the sudden we heard a helicopter sound. I put all my stuff back and we walked out of the house we had stayed the night in and saw a chopper falling from the sky. Andrea looked to us and walked towards it.

We both followed as Michonne grabbed her munchers. The walking had got Andrea and probably the smell got her too. She started to throw up and eventually she sat down behind a bush. I nodded for Michonne to go as I sat with Andrea. Michonne looked for a while before we all heard cars and she sat with us.

We watched as some men got out and looked at the crashed plane. After all this time this had been the most people I'd seen since before.

And I didn't want them to see us.

They started talking and I was to focused on what they were actually doing to listen. They went around and the man who seemed to be in charged stabbed one of the soldiers who had turned.

They were about to leave when Michonne's munchers started being extra loud. They wouldn't stop and the people began noticing so she quickly chopped their heads off and sat back down. The people started walking away and the weight was lifted off our shoulders.

I started to turn around and saw a man and I quickly pulled my knife up. "Slow down their girl." He said looking to me. He looked like an asshole. He gave me a sly smirk as I saw Michonne grab her katana. "Uh-uh. You two darlin." He added as Michonne let go of her katana. "Now turn, slowly." They turned and he quickly put his gun towards Michonne and then to Andrea. "Oh shit, blondie. Betcha didn't think ol Merle would still be alive." He said looking at her. "You don't look so hot." He said as Andrea passed out. "Guess I was right." He chuckled lightly.

I looked at her and then to Michonne. This guy didn't seem like a good one. "Governor, I got some stowaways for ya." The man said as another man walked over.

"Tie them up and take them to the car. Don't want you two starting anything." The man said with a smile before they tied our hands and covered our eyes with cloths.

We were put into a car and I think they put Andrea in a different one. They took out bags and searched Michonne for weapons.

"You don't got anything else on you do you girl?" Merle asked in his groggy higher pitched voice.

"If I do?" I asked smugly.

"Then this won't end well for you." He chuckled lightly. "Don't need to be snarky."

"A knife in my boot." I answered as I stuck out my foot hoping to kick him. Dang, I missed. I felt him take it out of my boot slowly.

After riding for a while and tuning out everything else, the cars stopped. They took us out and I could hear Michonne grunting as they took her out of the car.

They took off the cloth over my eyes and it took me a second to adjust to the light. We were outside and I heard children laughing and playing. "Welcome." The man known as the governor said looking from me to Michonne. "Now we are gonna help your friend Andrea out since she's sick. I'll have to keep your weapons for now but when she's better I'll let y'all leave if that's what you want."

"Please don't hurt us sir. Please let us keep our things." I pleased looking at him. He was a light skinned man with a small face. It was kind of annoying to look at him because of the way he addressed what was happening, but I knew the innocent way would work with him.

"I promise we won't do anything to you sweetheart. These are just precautions." He smiled. Score. It worked. I nodded once and looked down, not looking to Michonne. She probably knew what I was up to and I didn't want her to break this little act I had.

"Can we go see our friend please?" I asked looking to him.

"Of course." He nodded. "We took her to the infirmary. We'll take you there. Merle." He said to the other man.

"Got it govenor." Merle answered.

"Unite them too." The man instructed as Merle nodded. He untied both of us and took us past some buildings.

"I don't know how you made it this far girly." He chuckled looking at me. "Probably glad you have ol Katana over here to save you." He answered.

"I've been trying as hard as I can to make it sir." I replied to him simply.

"Fair enough. Here." The man said as he led us into a room. We saw Andrea on a bed sitting up as a woman gave her some sort of iv drip. We sat in the chairs next to her.

"Here." The nurse said looking to Andrea as she put a thermometer in her mouth.

"Why are we being held here?" Andrea asked looking to her. The nurse didn't say anything. "We want to leave." Andrea added.

"You're not well enough." The nurse explained. "And it's dark so you should stay the night."

"Where are we?"Andrea asked sassily.

"That's not for me to say." The nurse said simply. She was just a mere worker. I knew she really had no say in anything other than what medicines to give the sick.

"He'll come back to talk to you soon." The nurse said looking to us.

"Who?" Andrea asked.

"The governor is what they call him." I answered looking to Andrea.

The nurse left and Merle walked in. "Hey blondie. Bet you thought I wasn't real. Probably hopin I wasn't." He said with a chuckle. "Well here I am. I guess this whole world gets a little smaller toward the end huh? Ain't so many of us left to share the air, right?"

He sat down and kept talking. More about how they found him and what had happened to him. Andrea obviously was part of a group with him but something happened. Merle's brother was in the group too. They got split up right before Michonne found her. He showed us his handless arm which looked disgusting. They talked a little more about looking for Merle and how some guy named Rick went for him.

Andrea said she lost a lot of people from that group including her sister named Amy. I knew the feeling. She lost everything from that group when they got separated.

"What do you want from us?" Andrea asked looking to him.

"There she sits with four walls a roof and medicine and she wants to know what I want from her." Merle said getting up and looking to Michonne. "How about a thank you?"

"You put a gun on us." Michonne spat.

"Ooh she speaks." He chuckles. "Who ain't had a gun on them in the past year huh?" He asked looking to her. He started teasing us and being annoying when Andrea finally said thank you. He left towards the door when the main guy walked in.

"How you feeling?" He asked Andrea as she stood up.

"We want our weapons and supplies." Michonne said looking at him.

"Sure. On our way out the front gates." He answered.

"Show us the way." Andrea responded quickly. "You've kept us looked up in this room."

"You see any bars on the windows? You're being cared for." He smiled.

"Under guard." Andrea added with a hint of sass.

"To protect our people. We don't know you." Andrea said looking to him.

"We know enough about you to want out of this place." Andrea responded. "We watched you drive a knife into the skulls of two dead men." Andrea answered. She must not have known it happened to everyone. "What the hell was that all about?" She asked as I looked to her.

"They turned." He responded.

"They weren't bitten." Michonne answered angrily.

"They don't have to be. You turn no matter what." He answered looking to them. "I put them out of there misery." He explained how they didn't open the gates at night but he'd let us out in the morning with some food and extra supplies to add to our own. He even offered a car, but I much preferred my bike which was somewhere in the road from here to Athens.

Michonne had a questioning look on her face and the governor left.

"Welcome to Woodbury." The man said as he led us out two doors to reveal a ghost town. We all looked around confused. "Come with me." He said looking to us as we walked with him. I stuck next to Michonne just in case anything needed to happen. We walked towards a large gate.

"I don't trust them. It's too... perfect." I said quietly looking at Michonne as we stood a little ways away from everyone else.

"I know." Michonne said as we headed to a room.

"We have this spare room for you. I assumed you didn't want to be seperated. The couch turns into a bed. We got you some food and fresh water and clothes. Michonne looked around cautiously. "I know you'd feel better with your sword but you're safe here."

"We appreciate it." Andrea answered.

"Yes." I added quickly. "Thank you for the hospitality." I smiled.

"Your welcome. Now I've got things to do so I'll be off to them. My man will be by the door if you need anything. With that the man left.

"Do you think I could eat this?" I asked looking to them. I was hungry and it was peaches.

"I don't think they'd try to poison us after all this." Andrea shrugged as I ate it. I probably should've used the shower but I didn't really want to. I forgot what being clean felt like and I didn't want to remember and want it again.

After sleeping good for once in an actual bed I woke up to Michonne and Andrea already awake. "Did you sleep?" I asked sitting up.

"No." Michonne responded as I nodded to her. She was super cautious and I didn't blame her. "What are you pulling?" She asked me.

"What I pulled when I met you. It works doesn't it?" I said looking at her.

"Smart." She nodded.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

We walked out and a woman led us around explaining everything to us. I was focusing more on the people. They had nice clothes and they looked happy. It was weird. They didn't know what it was like outside. There were 73 people who I didn't want to trust over the two I came with. We ran into the governor and he invited us inside his place for breakfast.

There was another man there too named Milton. How gave us eggs and biscuits and I ate it as fast as I could. I hadn't had good food in so long.

"How long has it been since you ate?" The man with glasses asked. He seemed majorly unsocial.

"Since I ate real food it's been more then a year." I replied shoving more in my mouth.

"Well we have a lot more where that came from." The governor smiled to me.

After not paying attention for a while Michonne stood up. "We want our weapons." She responded as she stood up and looked to the governor. I looked around and noticed her katana behind him along with two pistols and knives that had to be Andrea and I's.

"We will when you get to the gate, but you should get some rest. You've been out there a while. Get your strength back. Who knows? You might like what you see." He said looking to us. He kept wanting us to stay. It was sketchy and Michonne definitely was noticing too. Andrea on the other hand wasn't being as cautious about it at all.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

38.4K 1.2K 32
(There is a pre-apocalypse story that's in works but posted called Redneck Family) Cherokee Rose is turning 14 when the zombie apocalypse happens. Sh...
110K 2.3K 47
Being alive. That's all that matters now. Everyone has their own way of doing it, some aren't the best ways. Yes, evil exists, more than ever before...
3 0 1
Hello, my name is Jade Benton. I want to explain everything that's going on, and this is the best way that I know how. I'm sorry if anyone you know...
855 31 30
After the events in 'How We Live Now', a noticeable change has come of Kari. She no longer cares what happens to her. She will stop at nothing to kee...