Crazy For You

By sincerelyjayy

She's oblivious and he's the guy with the girlfriend who likes her. #67 in young adult romance (4-3-23) #2 in... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Nine

14K 659 205
By sincerelyjayy

Everyone wakes up around noon the following day. I was woke before then, but I just stayed on my phone until everyone else woke up because I didn't want to bother them. I'm not going to lie, it kind of got boring checking the same three apps. I refreshed everything so many times, I'm pretty sure the apps just wanted to crash on me.

Hayden and I are the only ones who aren't hung over from last night because we didn't drink. Scarlett is going to be in big trouble when her dad finds out his alcohol stash has been touched. I tried to warn her, but she never listens to me. I'm the good one in our friendship; she takes all the risks and I take very few. I like to play it on the safe side most of the times.

"So, is everybody heading out or did you guys wanna go for a morning swim?" Scarlett yawns, stretching her arms above her head.

"You just don't wanna get rid of us yet." I laugh.

We ain't even brushed our teeth yet and she over here talking 'bout some morning swimming.

"You're right." She laughs, getting off the couch. "I'm gonna go put on my bathing suit. I'll meet you guys outside."

"I have to go get my swimsuit out your car." Sabrina sighs, rubbing her head.

"Is your hangover really bad?" Hayden asks.

"How can a hangover be good? Of course, it's bad." Sabrina narrows her eyes.

"I told you not to drink a lot." He looks at her with disappointment.

I turn my head and pretend like I'm not listening to their mini argument. Instead, I start folding the cover I used from last night. It's not like they're trying to be discreet about their little dispute; everyone else in the room can hear them.

"It wasn't even that much." She says in a frustrated tone.

"Alright, well I'm gonna head out. Can you guys just tell Scarlett that I left?" Dustin claps his hands together. Clearly, he can't take the awkwardness of an argument. Meanwhile, I love listening to arguments; I'm such an instigator at times. "You riding with me still, right Becca?"

"Yeah." Becca says.

"Yeah, I'll tell her for you." I nod my head.

In fact, I'll go tell her right now because I don't want to be left alone with Sabrina and Hayden. That's even more awkward than when she was verbally attacking me last night. If she's that insecure about her man talking to another girl, then maybe she shouldn't be in a relationship. That's why I'm not in one yet, and partly because no one wants me.

Dustin and Becca gather their things and walk upstairs. I follow behind them, trying to make out what Hayden and Sabrina are saying to each other.

"I guess you guys can just go out the front door." I say to them as we stand on the main level of Scarlett's house.

"Alright, see ya later." Dustin waves, walking to the front door.

"Bye." Becca says.

"Bye." I say, waiting until they walk out the door before I go upstairs to Scarlett's room.

"Scarlett." I open the door without knocking. "Dustin and Becca left."

"You'd better be lucky I'm already dressed." She narrows her eyes at me, grabbing her sunscreen off her dresser. "Knock next time."

"And if you wasn't? Girl, it ain't like I wanna look at you." I laugh. "I got the same things as you."

"That's besides the point." She chuckles, applying sunscreen to her skin. "Did Sabrina and Hayden leave too?"

"No." I shake my head. "But they are down there arguing."

"About what?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"About how much Sabrina was drinking last night." I shrug my shoulders. "He did tell her last night that she shouldn't drink too much."

"Yeah, but he doesn't own her. She can do what she wants, so it's her own fault." Scarlett says.

"I guess you're right. Baby girl gone need some Advil, though." I smirk. "She looks like she has the worst hang over."

"Mine isn't that bad." Scarlett says. "But I'll bring her one. Do you need a swimsuit?"

"No." I shake my head. "I'm not gonna swim, I'll just sit around the pool."

"Why don't you wanna swim?" Scarlett groans. "I need new friends because my friends never wanna do anything with me."

"Girl, now you know I do stuff with you." I wave her off. "But I'm gonna go sit outside and wait on y'all."

"Alright."

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. It's not until I'm halfway out the patio door that I realize my phone is still on the charger in the basement. I put it on the charger when I got up to clean up after myself. If I'm going to sit around the pool, I'm going to need some source of entertainment. Watching people swim isn't really fun.

When I enter the basement, I see Hayden sitting on the couch with his face buried in his hands. I don't speak to him, as I unhook my phone from the charger and grab it. I thought I was going to make it in and out, but his head pops up.

"Oh, hey." He smiles. I can tell it's not a real smile. It's a forced smile, the one when a person feels like it's just the right thing to do in the moment.

"Hey." I smile back, standing in the middle of the room awkwardly.

"Are you gonna go swimming?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Nah, I'm just gonna sit around the pool." I look around. "Where's Sabrina?"

"Getting her swimsuit out the car." He says.

Oh yeah, she did say she had to get her swimsuit out his car.

"Oh, well I'll be waiting outside for you guys." I say and start walking upstairs. It doesn't take long for him to follow behind me.

"I'll just walk out there with you."

"You're not gonna wait on Sabrina?"

"She still has to change." He shrugs his shoulders, not fully answering my question.

We walk out to the pool and I sigh in relief as the blazing sun warms my skin. It gets kind of cold in Scarlett's house because her family always keeps in the air conditioner on. I lie back on a chair and instantly relax; I definitely like warmer weather than the cold.

I can feel Hayden's eyes on me, but I don't say anything. What can I say to guy who has a girlfriend and is also staring at me? Just because he's staring at me doesn't mean he's checking me out or anything. He can be staring at me for numerous reasons. I might have something on my face. My hair probably looks a hot mess. He probably thinks I'm weird, but then again he already told me that.

"What?" I ask with a serious face, tired of him looking at me without saying anything.

"Nothing." He cocks his head back. "I can't just look at you?"

"No, you can't." I shake my head and laugh. "You gotta girlfriend."

"I can admire how pretty you look right now without wanting you." He holds out his hand, as if it helps make it his point.

I can't help but smile like an idiot and look at him like he's crazy. It's true, it's not like he wants me. He's a very flirty person and I don't know how to feel about it. He's the type of guy who flirts with every other girl, but still loves his girlfriend dearly. I've now just come to find that out.

"You're crazy." I chuckle.

"What?" He smirks. "You're a very pretty girl. Is that so bad to point out?"

"Yes, it is when you have a girlfriend." I emphasize the 'g' word this time.

"Don't act like you didn't like the compliment." He smiles. "I bet it just made your day."

"My day hasn't even started yet." I cock my head back.

"Exactly." He takes off his shirt. "But I'm glad my compliment made you smile, even if it was just for a little bit. If I can't have a good day, then at least you get to."

I briefly look at his toned abdomen before I look back up at his face. If he can tell me I'm pretty, then it's only fair that I'm allowed to check him out.

"I take it you're going swimming." I say, changing the subject.

"Yep." He nods his head and jumps into the pool.

I can't stop thinking if he was cheating on Sabrina just by calling me pretty, but I don't dwell on that thought too much.

All I can think about is the fact that he thinks I'm pretty.

It's such a bad feeling to have a crush on a taken guy. Take it from me—I'm proof.

•••

This story is now #406 in romance! Thank you to everyone who is reading my story! Thank you for all the votes and comments! Please do continue to share it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 10.9K 86
"They call you princess?" Aiden's bright green eyes followed my every move. I gulped, pulling a lose curl behind my ear nervously at his scrutinizing...
237K 12.9K 51
Jasmine and Megan have always been best-friends since childhood. Now that they are older, they are both YouTube sensations who live together. The pro...
2.3M 41.4K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
252K 7.2K 91
Hey there to all of my William Singe girls! I recently fell in love with the Aussie singer and I felt it was necessary to write some imagines for us...