Tere Liye | ✔

By NB_Collections

Following the arrest of Shyam Manohar Jha, Arnav and Khushi have found a new spirit to build their lives toge... More

Chapter One - A promise
Chapter Two - Rekindling
Chapter Three - An Accident
Chapter Four - A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed
Chapter Five - Junior ASR
Chapter Six - Interrupted Romance
Chapter Seven - Opportunity
Chapter Eight - The Awaited Union
Chapter Nine - The Looming Danger
Chapter Ten - Rising Doubts
Chapter Eleven - Family Time
Chapter Twelve - The Challenge
Chapter Thirteen - The Match
Chapter Fourteen - Fears and Promises
Chapter Fifteenth - Destroyed In Love
Chapter Sixteen - A Bleeding Heart
Chapter Seventeen - Devastation
Chapter Eighteen - A Prank
Chapter Nineteen - Coursing Shock
Chapter Twenty - Aghast
Chapter Twenty-One - Near Yet Far
Chapter Twenty-Two - That Day
Chapter Twenty-Three - A Date To Remember
Chapter Twenty-Four - What He Lost
Chapter Twenty-Five - An Allergic Reaction
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Solution
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Appalling Virulence
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Concealed Love
Chapter Twenty-Nine - The End
Chapter Thirty - Punishment
Chapter Thirty-One - Aarav
Chapter Thirty-Two - Alleviation
Chapter Thirty-Three - Healed

Chapter Thirty-Four - Perfect Family

23.9K 945 312
By NB_Collections

Arnav and Khushi were smiling and greeting the guests who were congratulating them. It was their first wedding anniversary.

Amidst of all the mishaps which occurred, Khushi had totally forgotten about it but Arnav didn't.

She smiled as her mind drifted to how last night after the mehndi ceremony of Neha, she was held back by Anjali, NK, Akash and Payal who started talking random things to which she couldn't make head or tail and how they literally pushed her into the room after a ring on Anjali's phone.

It had all had been a plan of Arnav to surprise her, to pamper her. Since last night he has been treating her like princess. Decorated room, a promised outing, visit to temples, donations on her name and now this party. He left no stone unturned to make their anniversary special - to make her feel special.

"Happy Anniversary once again Mrs. Raizada."

Her reverie broke at his husky whisper and she glanced up into his glittering caramel orbs.

"Happy Anniversary to you too, Mr. Raizada." She whispered back with the same fervour along with a tinge of red on her cheeks. He grinned and pulled her flushed self in his arms, causing her to let out a startled gasp.

"Arnavji, what are you doing? Everyone is watching!" She wriggled whilst looking at her surroundings nervously.

"So what?" In response, came his nonchalant and carefree attitude.

"I am hugging my wife. Not someone else's. Then why would anyone have a problem with that."

She sighed at his perked eyebrows as if daring her to oppose him and simply sulked into his embrace - her pout slowly turning into a smile.

He pulled her closer.

"And besides, tomorrow you will be spending the whole day at Buaji's. At least let me use this time to be close to you."

She chuckled hearing the sad edge in his complaint and looked up at his frowning face.

"Arnavji, I am going there with Jiji only for one day and that too because Amma and Buaji will be needing help in the Haldi ceremony. You can't come because you are needed here. Haldi and wedding are held at the same day, so it's natural they will need help. And I will be back here before evening. What's there to sulk about in all this?"

"Yeah but one whole day without you." He whined, utterly displeased at the idea of not having her in front of his eyes for a whole day - something he no longer has the habit of doing. 

Ever since she woke up from coma, he would rarely let her out of his sight. Even after coming back to Delhi and resuming his normal schedule, he would make sure to either spend the lunchtime with her or wrap up his works early just so he could return back to her. And now she's telling him to let her spend an entire day away from his sight. How would he do that?

His face looked like that of an upset child and as much as Khushi wanted to tease him at that, she didn't. She knew that the residue of the past is still lingering in him in the form of an unknown fear and that's why instead of teasing him, she wrapped both her hands around him, caring less about audience that gawked at them.

"I'll come back sooner." She tried to bargain. A part of her wanted to let him tag along with her but Nanheji needed his brothers with him at such an important point of his life.

His frown faltered. 

"Promise?"

She shook her head, reaching up to place a sound kiss on his cheeks - causing the marring lines to disappear completely into a smile on his face. 

"Promise."

_________________

Arnav opened his sleepy eyes and smiled lazily. However, that smile did not last for long as he reached out for her, only to sense void under his hand.

He sat upright instantly looking around.

What the?

Where did she go? He had slept hugging her close to himself last night. Then?

The realization dawned him.

She must've left for Gupta house already.

"At least she could have woken me up before going." He muttered, pissed off that she didn't even deem it right to meet him once before disappearing a for day. 

Groaning, he flung the blanket aside to march towards the wardrobe to fetch some fresh clothes - irritation never leaving his face. But as he stood up, the neatly stacked clothes on the recliner along with the paper laying on top of it, caught his attention. 

He reached for it, instantly knowing who might have kept it there.

Laad Gorvernor, abb subah subah gusse mein nak mat phulaiyega! Jaldi jaana zaroori tha, isiliye hum gaye hai. Aap sote hue itne shaanth lag rahe the ke uthane ka mann nahi kiya. Abb aapne ko gusse ko shaanth kijiye, hum jaldi wapas aajayegen. Love you.

(Laad Governor, now don't flare your nose in anger. I had to leave early so I did. You were looking so peaceful while sleeping that I didn't feel like waking you up! Now calm down, I will return soon. Love you.)

His lips upturned automatically at the last line. 

This girl knows him better than himself.

Sighing, he kept the note safely aside and took the clothes she picked for him to freshen up, not before giving her smiling picture a morning kiss.

___________________

"Sankadevi, tanik rasoi se ooh nashta toh lete aana mehmanan ke liye! (Sankadevi, bring some snacks for the guests while you're coming!)" Madhumati shouted over the noise from the hall where the Haldi ceremony was being held, then held her head, reaching to teach the mischievous kids a lesson who almost toppled Haldi all over her sofa.

Khushi, who was washing her haldi stained hands shouted back, "Jii Buaji, bas ek minute! (Yes Buaji, just give me a minute!)"

She closed the tap and wiped her hands before placing the bowl of snacks on the tray and walked out. She however halted in her tracks shortly, feeling her head spinning. She held the table with one hand for support while the other still held on the tray. Leaning against it, she closed her eyes and took in deep breaths.

Exhaling and inhaling, she thus composed herself and poured some water in a glass. She gulped down the contents hurriedly, regretting taking so much of work when the weakness persist for a brief minute.

Wiping the sweat beads on her forehead that had formed on her forehead, she then exited the kitchen, this time mindful not to be quick.

"Yeh rahi Sankadevi! (There she is!)" Madhumati muttered as she walked up to her with a smile and took the tray not before pinching her chin fondly.

Khushi grinned at her Buaji, then went and sat near Neha who was flushed to her roots at the comments of their friends.

_________________

"Arrey NK Bhai bas bas! Kitni haldi lagaoge aapne aap par? Maana aap dulhe hai par itna zyada? Aapki toh shakal bhi pehchaan mein nahi aarahi! (Arrey NK Bhai enough! How much more haldi will you put on yourself? Agreed that you are the groom but this much? Your face itself is barely recognizable at this point!)" Anjali exclaimed whilst sharing a hearty laughter with Akash. 

Arnav who was descending the stairs after cleaning himself from the haldi, looked up in confusion at the laughter, only to see NK's face fully covered in turmeric paste. The ceremony had long ended, yet he was putting more and more on him till no part of his skin was even showing. 

He gave out a sigh of despair at the buffoon in front of him, who was looking no less than a melting ghost from a horror movie. 

If Neha was here to witness this, he was sure she would instantly reconsider her decision of dealing with this hot mess.

"Arrey di, aapne hi toh kaha tha ke haldi lagane se face par glow balta hai. Toh isiliye main aur haldi laga raha hoon taki mera face aur zyada glow karein aur main aur zyada beautiful lagoon. (Oh di, you yourself said that turmeric enhances facial glow. So that's why I am applying more of it, so that my face glows even more and I look even more beautiful.)" NK said wriggling his eyebrows that were barely even visible.

"Oho, so this is the matter! Poor Nehaji, I think she will be clean bowled tonight at the sight of her beautiful groom." Akash spoke, tongue in cheek and winked at Anjali who chortled silently.

NK, oblivious to their teasings, smiled shyly - his red tinted cheeks making them laugh louder.

Arnav shook his head and resumed his walk. He glanced at his phone screen once again. Distaste filled his mouth when he saw neither any message nor any calls from his wife. It was already past afternoon, yet he hasn't heard her voice for even once. Fighting the hankering to call her himself, he sighed and proceeded to engage himself in some work, knowing that she might be really busy there.

And true to his assumption, Khushi was running here and there in the Gupta house - giving everyone whatever they needed and making sure everything was well packed so it could be taken to Shantivan, all so she could complete her work as soon as possible and return back to her waiting Arnavji, as per her promise to him.

However, she felt all her efforts go down the drain when she managed to return home early, but her husband was nowhere to be seen. 

She had sulked inwardly whilst smiling faintly at Di and Naniji who were saying something until she managed to excuse herself and started moving towards her room - her lips moving hastily to curse her Laad Governor. First he didn't even deem it right to even message her, and now, now when she's here, he has gone god knows where.

Huffing, she had just finished promising herself to make him pay for his ignorance when she felt a sudden grip on her wrist. She yelped, feeling herself drawn and pushed against a wall before a hand latched on her mouth, covering her scream. 

Her eyes widened and taking the familiar touch off her face, she gasped.

"Arnavji!"

As she watched, his lopsided grin widened and he pulled her flushed self closer to himself, leaving no gap to linger between them.

"Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, First you forced me to let you go for a whole day and then you don't even give me a single phone call? Do you even know how difficult it has been for me to pass the day without hearing your voice?"

Khushi whimpered as his lips touched her sensitive skin just below her ears and she was about to melt at his words when she recalled something. Opening her eyes, she forced herself away from him before she could lose control and swatted his hands off her waist, glaring at him angrily.

"Well, if you were missing me so much, Mr Raizada then why didn't you call? Did Di or Naniji tired your hands or did they took your phone? Or were you too busy with Amanji to recall your second wife?" 

She puffed out a breath of indignation as she finished, causing him to raise an amused eyebrow at her. 

So she was waiting for his call?!

His musing was followed by a known smirk on his face and he wrapped his arms around her, to pull her back from where she just escaped - when he yelp in worry, as she swayed.

"Khushi!" 

Her head fell against his chest with a groan and she attempted to look up at his perturbed face but her lips curled when a wave of nausea hit her, and she gave out a light mewl.

Her state frightened him, triggering a sensitive nerve inside of him and he at once lifted her in his arms, to take her to their room hastily. His anxiety heightened with each step he took and by the time he laid her gently on the bed, he was already breathless.

"H-here, have this." 

Filling the glass with water, he brought the liquid closer to her lips. His one hand held the glass close to her, whilst the other supported the back of her head as he made sure she had gulped it all properly. 

Sighing, he kept the glass aside and cupped her face.

"Are you ok? What, what happened to you?"

Though the headache her dizziness had bestowed over her hadn't budge even the slightest, Khushi nodded - not wanting him to tire himself out of worry. However, the words her sanki mind chose to utter in order to comfort him, ended up worsening the situation. 

"Yes, I'm fine. Maybe it's just due to tiredness. Didn't I feel dizzy this morning as well? It was all fine after a few minutes." She attempted a smile, then frowned her when her Laad Governor frowned at her. 

"You felt dizzy this morning?" 

Shit. 

Her round eyes widened and she shook her head sideways, then helplessly nodded as yes when he glared at her. 

There was a fraught silence after that as she stared at her lap, dreading his scoldings after having kept the news of her dizziness from him - despite promising that she will never hide anything regarding her health from him. She was supposed to inform him even about the slightest headache she gets. 

But a few seconds later, she did not hear his voice. Instead, she felt his hands going under her thighs. 

She retreated back, staring at him in confusion. 

"What are you doing?" 

"Taking you to the hospital." 

His reply was followed by another try to lift her up and she moved back again, earning a peeved groan from him. 

"Arnavji." She started before he could. "There's a wedding going on outside. As such if anyone gets to know we are going to the hospital, they'll worry. The ambiance will be ruined." 

"Fine then. I'll just call Neha." 

Came his pat suggestion against her reasoning and she clasped his hand when he turned around to indeed fetch Neha. 

"She is the bride, Arnavji!" She admonished. "At least give her a break today." 

"Khushi--" 

"Arnavji!" 

Dragging her feet underneath her, Khushi rose on her knees and cupped her husband's face - smiling softly at the frown that had marred his forehead. 

"It's just a matter of one day. I promise, tomorrow, first thing in the morning will our visit to the doctor. Please, just wait for a couple of hours." 

She kissed his cheek, her request followed by a pleading pout. He sighed at that, swallowing his distaste as he stepped back. 

"Fine." He relented, but before she could hug him as a gesture of gratitude, he held her arms and laid her back on the bed. 

"I won't take you to the hospital today, on the condition that you will stay here and rest for the rest of the day."

"Arnavji!" Khushi grimaced, attempting to sit upright when he forced her back into a laying position and pulled the blanket up to cover her. 

"You have two options, Khushi. Either stay here and rest, or I'll tie you to the bed and force you to rest. Choose quickly." He said, his face merely inches apart from her. 

He fought back a smile when her jaw dropped. She huffed and puffed, before turning her back to him - clutching the blanket in a vice like grip. 

"Laad Governor." 

She muttered in the lowest tone possible and closed her eyes, annoyed to no end - forgetting that he was hovering over her. He chuckled mildly at her and swooped down to place a kiss on her temple. 

"I love you too."

______________________

Khushi smiled as she placed the veil on Neha's head and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Dressed in a red bridal lehenga and wearing those ruby jewelleries with a tinge of blush on her cheeks, she was looking ethereal.

"Bohot Pyaari lag rahi ho! (You are looking very pretty!)"

Neha lowered her gaze, smiling in bashfulness. 

"Khushiji... Neha?" Anjali along with Payal sauntered inside the room. Halted. Then smiled at the bride. 

"Arrey wah!" Anjali walked closer and pinched the chin of Neha fondly. "So our beautiful bride is at last ready to meet her handsome groom!" 

She grinned at the red hue that spread across Neha's face instantly, causing Khushi and Payal to laugh as well - remembering the days of their own marriage, and after few more exchange of teasings, the trio finally lead the bride outside the room and towards her awaiting groom. 

They were treading down the corridor when Khushi slowed down. Her smile faltered and she gripped the side table, feeling a churn in her head. She breathed in, then out, attempting to sooth the dizziness away like she has been doing since this morning - but instead of calming, the dimming in front of her eyes as well as the ache in her head only intensified. 

She groaned, feeling darkness finally creeping up on her and before she fell completely, the last thing she remembered was a pair of known arms around her waist, followed by an equally familiar whisper. 

"Khushi!" 

______________________

Arnav paced the corridor looking at his room's closed door at regular intervals where Neha was checking Khushi.

He breathed in, punching vainly in the air - wishing nothing more than to storm inside and hold her in his arms, reassure himself that she was fine. And he would have. If not for his sister who held him back. 

"Chotte calm down. She'll be fine. Neha is with her." She'd say, her practical side predominant over her concern for her sister-in-law as she respected the privacy the doctor had asked for. 

Swallowing a bile of displeasure, Arnav simply stood outside, then leapt out of her hold when the door opened, revealing Neha - who was still clad in her bridal wear. 

"How is she?" He asked, breathless from the tension that was heaving in him. 

Neha smiled. "It's a good news."

She said, her tearing eyes and shaky voice giving them an intuition of what she might be hinting on. 

"Wh-what news?" Arnav took a step forward, his heart galloping as he waited for her to answer. Somewhere he feared the hopes that were replacing his fret, not wanting to taste dust afterwards.

But as Neha stretched her smile and held his shoulders, he felt his hopes heightening. The result was mist descending in his eyes before she could even say anything. 

"She's pregnant, Arnav. You're, you're going to be a father soon." 

And as soon as the words left Neha, there was a brief silence before he heard an eruption of squeals behind him - followed by sobs and cracking giggles as everyone exchanged hugs and congratulations at the overwhelming news. 

A pair of hands wrapped around his shoulders as well and he looked down at his sister, his eyes welled up with emotions no one can understand. 

"Chotte." 

"D..di..I...fa..father.." His croak was heavied with emotions and Anjali laughed through tears at his expression. She wiped the one tear that escaped his eye unknowingly, and nodded vigorously - confirming that what he was hearing was not a fragment of his imagination. 

His baby was back. Their happiness was back. 

"Khushi is pregnant." He whispered again, this time as the cloud of stupor finally cleared from his mind - leaving his lips to stretch into the widest smile and upon a fond grin from his sister, he hurriedly marched inside the room - to his wife and baby. To his family. 

Khushi was sitting on the bed when he entered - her eyes downwards at her stomach which was enclosed by her arms. As he watched, a drop of liquid fell on her hand and with a sharp inhale, she looked up, revealing her misty eyes. 

"He.. Or she.. is back.." She broke into a crackling chuckle, her hands tightening around her child. "At last, Arnavji.." 

Arnav smiled himself and strode to her. Bridging the gap between them, he sat on the bed and gathered her in his arms. His own tears escaped when she held on to him - her body shaking with misfit giggles and sobs that burst through as a sign for her rapture. 

"I'm pregnant, Arnavji. I'm, I'm pregnant. We are going to be parents soon." She whispered amidst her sobs then closed her eyes, an unfathomable emotion washing through her. 

How much she ached to utter these words to him. To hold him like this and rejoice this news in his embrace - cry, then have him sooth her with his kisses. But all her dreams had crashed down months ago, leaving her in a pile of agonizingly unfulfilled wishes. And now, now fate had given her another chance. She was bestowed again and this time, she wouldn't let anything happen to her blessing. Nothing at all. 

A kiss landed on her head as Arnavji tightened his hold her. He sniffed, hiding his face in her hair and she smiled - closing her eyes to relish this moment, euphoria wrapping them both in a soft cocoon.

___________________

Arnav smiled as he hugged Khushi who in turn bounced in his embrace - hearing the priest declare NK and Neha as husband and wife, at last. 

He chuckled remembering how everyone had almost forgotten about the wedding in the joy of Khushi being pregnant. If not for Khushi who took pity on NK and Neha, maybe the wedding would have been postponed to tomorrow.

He came out of his thoughts when he saw NK and Neha walking to them after taking the blessings of the elders.

"Nanav mere bhai, give us blessing that we stay together forever!" NK winked looking at Neha who grinned at his words.

Arnav raised an eyebrow, "Well for that I will have to bless Neha with the strength to tolerate you and your Hindi!"

Neha laughed while NK's mouth dropped.

"Arnavji, you are too much!" Khushi chided hitting him on his arm.

He chuckled.

Shaking her head with a smile, she turned to NK and Neha and hugged them both tightly.

"Congratulations!" She squealed as she broke the hug and cup their faces. 

"May Devi Maiya bless you both with a lifelong of happiness!"

"Everyone." Akash's voice caused her to look away from the couple and she smiled, seeing her Jijaji grinning at them all. 

"Come on, it's such a joyous occasion. It's ought to be captured in a picture!" He said and Khushi giggled at the cheers that erupted around her. Warmed by her glee, Arnav snaked his arm around her shoulder and started moving for the picture. 

His one hand tightened around her, whilst the other one sought to feel her stomach - the haven that held their baby. She smiled tearfully at his gesture and kept her hand on his whilst leaning her head against his shoulder - Jiji and Jijaji next to her enveloped in each other's embrace as well. Di was next to Arnavji, resting her head on Naniji's shoulder whilst Mamaji and Mamiji stood behind them, holding them both together. Nanheji and Nehaji were sitting on the royal chairs in front of them all, grinning at the camera. 

Click.

A perfect family picture.

____________________________

And here we meet at the end of the story. Thank you for reaching here! :) Love you! :* 

P.S - I know even this revised version had a ton of grammatical mistakes, but the aim to edit this book was to take out the excessive unnecessary scenes and re-write the plot according to my current writing style. Therefore, you can say that I had to kind off re-write the whole book and at the end, I was just too tired to chase around grammatical mistakes, lol. 

I will surely take the time to go through the book again and edit out the minor mistakes, though. Just not right now. ;)

Once again, thank you all for reading, and also, a big thanks for re-reading! :)

_____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 17.1K 46
What if Arnav never showed up for the second marriage? What if the truth the Raizadas knew was a twisted one to favor the Maliks? What if Arvind Ma...
204K 12.8K 17
My re-take on ArShi's remarriage. Arnav and Khushi were going to get married again in front of the whole family. On the day of marriage Dadi disclos...
74.7K 3.5K 18
Love never needs a perfect age to infect someone! But not all are wise to embrace it when it knocks their doors! By the time they realise, it would h...
20.7K 1.6K 10
They met at very wrong time but they end up together?