Tere Liye | ✔

By NB_Collections

Following the arrest of Shyam Manohar Jha, Arnav and Khushi have found a new spirit to build their lives toge... More

Chapter One - A promise
Chapter Two - Rekindling
Chapter Three - An Accident
Chapter Four - A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed
Chapter Five - Junior ASR
Chapter Six - Interrupted Romance
Chapter Seven - Opportunity
Chapter Eight - The Awaited Union
Chapter Nine - The Looming Danger
Chapter Ten - Rising Doubts
Chapter Eleven - Family Time
Chapter Twelve - The Challenge
Chapter Thirteen - The Match
Chapter Fourteen - Fears and Promises
Chapter Fifteenth - Destroyed In Love
Chapter Sixteen - A Bleeding Heart
Chapter Seventeen - Devastation
Chapter Eighteen - A Prank
Chapter Nineteen - Coursing Shock
Chapter Twenty - Aghast
Chapter Twenty-One - Near Yet Far
Chapter Twenty-Two - That Day
Chapter Twenty-Three - A Date To Remember
Chapter Twenty-Four - What He Lost
Chapter Twenty-Five - An Allergic Reaction
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Solution
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Appalling Virulence
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Concealed Love
Chapter Twenty-Nine - The End
Chapter Thirty - Punishment
Chapter Thirty-One - Aarav
Chapter Thirty-Two - Alleviation
Chapter Thirty-Four - Perfect Family

Chapter Thirty-Three - Healed

18.4K 767 221
By NB_Collections

"Khushi, now you walk on your own, ok?" Arnav said as he tentatively loosened his hold on her.

"No!" She shrieked grasping his hands tighter. Her wide eyes clashed with his sighing ones as she shook her head sideways, vigorously.

"Khushi." He cupped her face, his voice low and soft as he sought to explain her. 

"Its been one week since we are here and one month since you started your physio therapy. Its high time that you try to walk on your own, ok? Just try."

"No! No please!" She pleaded as he tried to take his hands away from her grasp again.

"Khushi, aise nahi chalega. Tumhe koshish karni padegi warna tum theek kaise ho paogi? Please Khushi. Mere liye...koshish to karo. At least try! (Khushi, this will not do. You will have to try or else how will you be able to be alright? Please Khushi...for my sake. At least try?)" He requested earnestly whilst caressing her cheeks.

"Aur agar hum, hum gir gaye toh? (What if...what if I fall?)" Her innocent eyes filled with tears as she asked - her voice trembling as she bit back a sob.

His insides tightened at her state and at the visible traces of trauma that lingered in her eyes. His hand reached up to wipe her tears off before he held her face close.

"Main girne nahi doonga.(I won't let you fall.)"

Uncertainty flared in her eyes and she croaked. "Promise?"

Swallowing pass the bile that painfully rose in his throat, he nodded.

"Promise."

"Now?" He asked.

She nodded meekly and took in a deep breath as she watched his fingers sliding off her palms.

"I'm right here, Khushi. Come on, walk." He encouraged whilst taking a few steps back so he could carefully create some distance between them for her to cover.

She gulped as she stared at her shaky feet before taking a slow step forward.

"Come Khushi. I'm right here."

She lifted her lashes to see him forwarding his palms to her. A shaky smile formed on her lips as she raised her own trembling hands and took another step to reach him.

"A few more steps..come.." He called, his lips stretching as she walked on her own after months.

She paused, then exhaled as she resumed her walk but her steps soon faltered and she closed her eyes, dreading the hard core floor but all she felt was two strong arms around her.

"Kaha tha na. Girne nahi doonga. (I told you. I won't let you fall.)" His voice cooed in her ears and she blew out the breath she was holding. Her eyes fluttered open and she chuckled weakly while nodding.

"Nahi girne diya aapne. (You didn't let me fall.)" She whispered. Her relief formed moisture in her eyes and she wrapped her arms around him properly, allowing him to take her in his soothing embrace.

__________________

She groaned, gripping the bed sheets tightly as her nightmare crawled in her mind, making her envision herself in a speedy car. A yelp left her as she felt her head spin when the said car flew in the air and tumbled down the valley like a toy. Tears fell from her eyes as she felt shards of glasses raining on her, their sharpness slicing through her skin and as the car halted, she felt herself falling face toward on the roof of the upside down car. 

"Khushi! Khushi!" 

A voice, a faraway and familiar voice called out for her and she tried to scream back but thick and scalding smoke filled her throat and burnt her ability of speak, or even breathe. She sobbed as her mind went berserk with the lack of air. Vaguely, she registered a sudden wave of pain shooting through her lower abdomen and her hand instantly latched on her stomach, on her baby, but all she found was a warm and sticky pool of liquid of some sort. 

Blood. 

"Khushi! It's a dream, Khushi! Khushi wake up, it's a dream!" 

It's a dream. She needs to wake up. It's a dream, it's not real. 

She tried telling herself but instead of waking up, she found herself sobbing in realization of what she was losing. Her feet and hands twisted and flared in the air as she tried to scramble out of the car, then her body jerked when thorns of the ground pricked her crawling body. She left out a muffled cry, her hands still wrapped around her stomach as she desperately clung to the hope that she could still save what she's left with. But as she grabbed the rock that was planted in the ground, the echoing sound of the car blasting into pieces followed by the fire that reached to engulf her, defeated her try and she loosened her grip - resulting in her falling deeper and deeper into the abyss. 

"KHUSHI WAKE UP!" 

A congested gasp racked through her numb body, forcing her to sit upright on the bed. Her wide eyes ran all over her surrounding. There was no car, no wilderness, no thorns to prick her and no pointy branch to scrap her skin mercilessly. 

Her throbbing head started to calm down as she hurriedly gulped the fresh air free from smoke and she ran her hands on her face, finding no injuries, no cuts. Her hands traveled down to rest her stomach. No blood. 

It was all done. She lost what she had left and now it's all in the past. 

"Khushi!" 

The hands that had held her face trailed down to hold her shoulders and shake her out of the remains of her nightmare and as the cloud of moisture spilled from her eyes, she saw him. Her husband, staring at her with a frantic face. His face was drenched too. He was crying. 

"Ar-navji." She gave out a choked whisper. Her senses started falling in place and she sagged against him. 

"Khushi." His voice was equally shaky as he held her soaked body close. 

She swallowed, feeling a painful lump clustering at the base of her throat as she lifted her face to stare at him. The sweat beads on his forehead glistened in the morning light and so did his already teary eyes. 

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, hiding her face in the crook of his neck. 

"I tried not to give in. But the nightmare got me. I'm sorry for scaring you again."

"Sshh." He pressed her more to himself when her voice wavered. Shrugging himself off his own shudders, he reached to caress her back and head. 

"It's okay." He whispered tentatively in her ears. Her body moved hastily against him as she took quick breaths. 

"Just know you're fine. I'm here. You're with me. You're okay." 

_______________________________

Clutching the shawl around her, she stood in the balcony, her eyes running throughout the vast sky. She smiled, when she found three shining stars, with one tiny star glistening amongst the.

"Talking to our parents?" 

A warm pair of hands wrapped around her waist, plastering her back to his front. She nodded, leaning her cheek against his as he rested his head on her shoulder. 

"And our baby." 

He smiled at the serenity in her voice and tone and traced her line of vision till he laid his gaze on the stars. 

"Do you think he, or she misses us?" 

Khushi spoke again, this time with a questioning edge. 

He sighed in relief, finding no trace of sadness in her tone. It was a great milestone for him when she got out of the depression of her miscarriage. She had accepted that she never lost her baby - he or she was simply up there with his or her grandparents - waiting for the perfect time to grace their lives with his or her permanent presence. 

And ever since her acceptance, it was a common sight for him to see her converse with their baby every night. 

"Arnavji, you didn't answer my question." Khushi nudged, seeing him lost in thoughts instead of replying. 

His lips stretched as he looked at her pouting face and after pressing a kiss on her cheek, he lifted his eyes to again rest of his baby and their parents. 

"I'm sure he or she must be missing us terribly. Just like we do." 

"But he or she will return back soon, right?" 

He blinked, smiling as the tiniest star shone brightly in the sky. 

"Right." 

___________________________________

Months passed and it was already 6 months since they came to Manali in search for peace and by the grace of the almighty, they at last found what they were looking for. 

Khushi finally recovered fully and was now fit as a fiddle and back to her old self. She would have small nightmares and experience sudden sadness at times. But neither was her nightmares that gripping, nor was her sadness that gnawing, much to the relied of Arnav as well as Khushi, for she knew her condition was not only ransaking her but also her better-half. 

Nonetheless, they chose to stay there for a few more days even though the purpose of coming here was already fulfilled. The family back in Delhi didn't oppose either, knowing that they needed a break after their emotional showdown. They needed each other for a while without any traces of pain and they would do anything to give them that time - a few days of distance from them was nothing. 

The car came to a halt and Khushi smiled looking outside at the park. It was their last evening in Manali and she had insisted to spend some time outside.

Arnav seemed satisfied seeing her smiling as he got out of the car and opened the door of her side.

He stretched his palm to her which she took gladly.

"Arnavji, all this is so pretty Na?!" Khushi exclaimed in awe as she adjusted her shawl and looked around at the serene and beautiful environment with snow.

He nodded pecking her head and started walking.

A phone call disrupt their moment and he excused himself before walking away to attend it.

Khushi smiled and stood there itself until he was done. She was looking around when her eyes caught the sight of an elderly couple who were seated at a distant on a bench. The lady was smiling at the laughing children while the man was admiring her.

She smiled in awe looking at them. She didn't realised when she got lost in thoughts of her future with Arnav. It was when she felt a familiar touch on her shoulder that she looked up and found a pair of chocolate brown eyes smiling at her. He knew what she was thinking.

He intertwined their hands and gave a tender kiss on hers before resuming their walk. Her smile stretched as she hugged his arms and closed her eyes in his embrace feeling blessed. 

_________________________________

"What? Are you serious?" Arnav pumped, getting up from the bed whilst holding his phone.

Anjali laughed at his astonished tone from the other side of the  call and sat on the bed. 

"Yes Chotte. NK bhai proposed Neha and that too in a full filmy style! You should have been here, Chotte! It was so cute yet funny! He literally confessed his love in Hindi! And I don't think I need to tell you what must have happened!" She chortled, clutching her stomach as the scene replayed in her mind. 

Arnav chuckled and shook his head.

What else to expect from NK?

"Chotte, now we are waiting for you and Khushi. Tomorrow evening is the engagement! Be sure to reach here early." Anjali informed, now smiling softly. 

"What? Tomorrow engagement?" Arnav frowned.

"But he proposed yesterday, right? Why rushing like this?"

Anjali sighed. 

"Actually Chotte, NK bhai has gotten an offer for photography in Sydney so he has to go there in one month time and he will be returning after one whole year! So we thought to conduct the wedding as soon as possible! You and Khushiji had already planned to return home tomorrow so we thought of organizing the engagement tomorrow evening itself! Besides, you know how much time it takes to conduct all the ceremonies. The earlier we start, the better it would be."

Arnav nodded in understanding. 

"Fine Di. We will be there early in the morning itself." He smiled and upon wishing his sister good night, cut the call. 

His smile was intact on his face and had confused Khushi as she came out of the washroom whilst wiping her face. 

"What happened? Why are you smiling to yourself like this?" She asked with an amused smile as she settled next to him. 

He grinned in return to her question, already imagining her reaction at the sudden news. 

"Your Nanheji proposed to Neha and tomorrow there is their engagement!"

He informed and instantly broke into a light chuckle as Khushi's eyes widened like saucers. 

"W-hat?"

She stuttered coming out of the shock and when she recovered completely, she shrieked.

"Propose? Engagement? How? And why so soon? What exactly happened?" 

"Khushi, Khushi calm down!" Arnav caressed her arms as she went frantic with a mix of shock and excitement. He waited for her to relax. When she did, he spoke.

"Di had just called me. She informed that yesterday NK proposed to Neha and that too in Hindi."

She gape at him as he took a second to laugh - her own face smiling.

"Miraculously, Neha accepted and they are rushing in the wedding because NK has got a photography offer due to which he has to leave for Sydney in one month. He will be returning after one year so they are conducting the wedding now itself." He explained and by the time he finished, Khushi's smile had stretched to the widest length in pure glee. She felt nothing but sheer happiness for her best friend and sister-like friend. 

She remembered when she first met Neha after waking up. She had instantly recognized her voice and why won't she? After all, that was the voice which she used to hear everyday - the voice which never let her feel alone. She and Neha had then instantly got along, as if they were long lost sisters and now this news was just a cherry on the top.

"I just can't believe that Nanheji and Neha are getting married!" She squealed in delight and clapped her hands. "Nanheji ki Shaadi! Waah!"

Lost in her merriment, Khushi did not realize when her child-like excitement and banter got a hold on her husband. It was when she felt him tucking her fringe behind her ears that she looked up into his eyes.

Her smile dimmed into a shy one as his hands reached to cup her nape and she lowered her lashes, bashful under his heated gaze as he pulled her closer.

There was barely a distance between them. She felt his breath fanning her lips and her face lifted upwards for contact on its accord - until she felt him backing away.

She frowned at the lost of his warmth and opened her eyes only to find him shaking his head - an apologetic look residing on his face.

"Khushi, its late. I think we should sleep." Arnav said, his husky voice still having the residue of his lost senses. Not wanting to lose control completely, he positioned himself on the bed and extended his hand to Khushi.

Khushi smiled, knowing well what had happened. Nonetheless, she kept quiet and simply took his hand, allowing him to pull her in his embrace. He held her close, before drifting to a rather uneasy sleep. 

She shook her head as she saw lines marring his forehead. She knew what he was going through and how difficult it was for him to control his desires. But he did it anyways. Since the last six months, he refrained from being too intimate with her, fearing he might end up hurting her, for her internal injuries were still pretty much there. 

But now she's healed, yet she can't seem to bring herself to have that conversation with him. 

Her cheeks burnt at her own thoughts and she shrugged it all aside for now as she simply closed her eyes and sought peace in her husband's warmth.

_________

It had been a morning of tears the moment Arnav and Khushi had reached Shantivan. Arnav, knowing his family well, prohibited anyone from picking him from the airport. And as he expected, the second they saw Khushi, smiling and running to them, the dam broke.

Though they had been seeing her on video call, being able to physically touch her and watch her in front of their eyes brought a whole new wave of joy and tears. 

He had sighed, leaning against the pillar as one by one, everyone embraced Khushi and cried over her, pecking her forehead lovingly at regular intervals. Khushi's eyes were not dry either. She was sobbing along with them, especially when her Amma and sister flung themselves on her. She held them both tightly, futilely trying to console them.

It was when Arnav pointed out their tiredness that the crying session halted and everyone apologized for keeping them both for so long, before allowing them to go and get freshen up - knowing that they had a long day ahead.

__________________

The door of the washroom opened and Khushi came out of it whilst drying her hair. Keeping the towel on the recliner, she was about to open the cupboard when she noticed the box packed in gift wrapper on the bed.

Frowning, she walked to it and took it in her hands.

"Who kept this here?" She muttered to herself.

Shrugging her shoulders, she unwrapped it - carefully taking the tape off the paper, as if fearing to tear it. Once done, she opened the box, only to be momentarily blinded by the beauty of the material inside. She gasped lightly, running her fingers on the embroidered red lehenga.

"Liked it?"

A familiar voice spoke from behind her and knowing well who it was, her lips formed a smile before she could even turn to him.

"I loved it." She said - a genuine mirth in her round eyes. Satisfied by her reaction, Arnav ambled to her.

"I ordered it this morning. Thankfully they managed to deliver it before the function. You can wear this only for the engagement then."

Khushi nodded. 

"Thank you."

"No need for that."

Her smile stretch as he cupped her face to bring her closer and peck her temple.

"I'll go get freshen up." He said shortly after and after giving her another kiss, reached for his towel and disappeared behind the washroom door.

Her smile slipped off her face when he was out of sight, soon to be replaced by a hue. She glanced down at the fiery red fabric, bashfulness heating her cheeks as a thought crossed her mind.

________________________

By the time dusk fell, Shantivan was already decked up properly for the engagement of Nandikishore Raizada and Neha Bhatia. Red and white combination was seen everywhere, owing to the respective favorite colors of the couples and the mansion looked prettier than ever.

Akash chirped as he hugged NK sideways, grinning eye to eye.

"Congratulations NK Bhai! At last you finally found your dream girl!" He said whilst patting his brother's back.

NK smiled with a twinge of shyness and glanced at Neha who smiled back at him.

"Yeah, you're right." Arnav interceded. He gave NK a smug look as he went on, "And I'm glad that she is not according to what NK had described."

Akash guffawed instantly while NK scratched the back of his head sheepishly, remembering the description he gave months ago at the farmhouse. A familiar face swarm in front of his eyes and he shrieked, attempting to change the topic.

"Khushiji is here!" 

Relief washed over him as Arnav's attention was successfully diverted to Khushi whilst Akash only shook his head at his two brothers.

Smiling, Arnav turned only to see Khushi in a green saree. She was looking gorgeous but there was a small line on his forehead as he didn't see her in his gift. 

Khushi looked at him and smiled nervously.

"Sorry Arnavji. Woh actually Di bought me this and I didn't wanted to upset her. I am sorry." She apologized in a low voice. 

Arnav held her shoulders, giving out a reassuring smile. 

"Its ok Khushi. I didn't mind." He blinked then proceeded to place a chaste kiss on her forehead. "You look beautiful regardless of what you wear." 

Anjali announcing the start of the ceremony interrupted their conversation and after passing him a grateful yet shy grin, Khushi walked away to stand next to Neha. 

The function went smoothly with lots of dancing, teasings and enjoyment and now the family was seated in the hall chatting happily. But Khushi was the only one whose concentration was elsewhere throughout the evening.

"How do I keep him away from the room?" She thought looking at Arnav who was talking to Akash.

"Acha, I think we should get going now!" Garima's voice broke the chain of her thoughts.

Everyone nodded. Hugging and blessing Neha, they bid her bye. She was staying with the Guptas who had accepted her as their daughter. Much to everyone's joy, they had even volunteered to partake in every ritual as her maternal side, for she was the one who safeguarded their daughter for so many days. Neha, feeling nothing but blessed, had no objections either. 

"Acha, I think we should go to bed now. We have lots of work tomorrow." Anjali suggested, her own eyes heavy with tiredness as she yawned and her way to her room. 

Nodding, everyone walked to their respective rooms except for Akash and Arnav who were discussing something and Khushi who was still confused on how to keep Arnav away from their from. Nonetheless, she got the answer when Akash spoke. 

"Bhai, our foreign delegates wanted to have a video conference with you. Actually it's after six months that you are here, so.." 

Akash trailed off, seeing Arnav nodding in understanding. 

"That's no problem, Akash." Arnav smiled and turned to his waiting wife. 

"Kh-"

"No problem, Arnavji. You can go. No problem at all." The said wife chirped, giving him a huge grin before sprinting up to their room. 

"Okay." Arnav mumbled, looking in her direction with a perplexed smiled. Blaming her behavior on her sankiness, he then proceeded towards the study with Akash. 

_________________

Arnav frowned looking at his watch as he walked to his room. He was on the conference call for nearly 2 hours yet Khushi didn't came there even once. Usually, she would get angry at him for taking so long to sleep due to work but today, today she didn't even send a message like she would when she feared interrupting his conversation. 

"She is crazy."

He muttered to himself with a faint smile as he opened the door of his room but as he stepped in, he was rooted on the spot - the sight greeting his eyes causing him to inhale sharply. 

The whole space was lit up with scented candles and flowers adorned his room. The bed decorated beautifully, with a canopy of flowers falling around it. 

He swallowed closing the door and walked in search of his wife. His heart galloped in his chest, knowing well what all this meant.

He was about to turn when two soft hands snaked around his waist and hugged him tightly. Blowing a breath, he got hold of her hands and gently brought her to stand in front of him.

Her bangles clang as she moved and he felt his control snapping at the very sight of her. There stood his wife dressed like a newly wed bride. She was wearing the lehenga he brought for her - her wedding jewelries glazing her glowing skin.

He didn't even realized when his breath got stuck in his throat as he drank the beauty of his wife through his eyes.

Khushi turned crimson red under his intense gaze. She felt her cheeks heating up each and every second.

"Khushi.." His voice was nothing more than a husky whisper in a questioning tone.

She trembled at the intensity and reached to keep her head on his broad chest, letting him know her wish.

He swallowed lifting her face by her chin, "Khushi...if you are doing this for me then-"

She interrupted - nodding her head sideways and slowly cupped his face to look straight into his eyes.

"I am not doing this for you. I'm doing this for us." 

She whispered, her eyes glistening as she went on. 

"This is what I want, Arnavji and I know. I know that you are scared of hurting me but I am fine. I am fully recovered now. I'm, I'm healed. Don't you think we both now deserve to love each other after all these months of wait and pain? I love you and I know you can never hurt me, so why this fear? Why this distance?"

His eyes teared up her genuine confession. Lifting his trembling hands, he cupped her face and placed his lips on her forehead as if drinking from her.

How much his heart ached to love her, to hide her in his arms from this whole world but he kept refraining himself, for his care for her was greater than his desires. But now, now everything has fallen into its place. Now there was no danger, nothing holding him back from loving her and from letting her love him. 

And as this realization dwelled in his mind, he shut out all the thoughts. Everything that reminded him of the outside world was long forgotten as he soon indulged themselves in their own world.

The sky roared abruptly and against the glass door, the rain bickered restlessly. Thunders came and went, lightning struck a number of times but none of that was able to bring them out of the trance they had slipped into. 

Arnav had held her close. Kissed her senselessly. Whispered his fears and promises in her ears. Reassured her of his long-lasting love as well as reassured himself of her safe and sound presence. And Khushi was not behind either. She clung to him too, showering him with kisses and caressing him to her heart's content - all to sooth the agony she went through during the time where she heard his pained voice but wasn't able to kiss away his sorrows. 

Tears fell every now and then in their throes of passion, but they kissed the moisture from each other's face - their grip never loosening, as if they feared this was all a dream. 

But it wasn't. It wasn't a dream. It was the beautiful reality that at last, they won against all adversities. They won against their fate that once threatened to throw them apart. They won. 

________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 14.7K 45
Arnav and Khushi are in deep love but time will do them apart as incidents fall in place but they will find happiness and closure as clarifications a...
448K 15.6K 29
(IPKKND AU) In love with his brother-in-law's mistress, Arnav Singh Raizada is torn between his duties as a brother and his feelings for a woman who...
142K 7.6K 44
Two individuals, poles apart. One is sophisticated while the other one is naive, one is ruthless while the other one is bubbly. A story about two peo...
111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...