The Perfect Date

By NatureProductions

| Novel | ~2017 ~ Book 1 - The Perfect Date series A charismatic man walks into a restaurant and gets serv... More

Writer's note
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fouteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine

Chapter twenty three

117 8 2
By NatureProductions

( Perspective of Lucas )

The next day, during my break, I was called by an unknown number.

"Aren't you going to answer it," Josh asked as he stared at me with concern.

I answered it, but I made my voice high pitched and gave myself an accent.

"Ello?"

Josh started laughing.

"Is this Lucas?"

I recognized the voice, and I remembered that it belonged to Liam, John's friend, so I changed my voice so that it was normal.

"Yea."

"Well... John got into a altercation last night, and he's pretty banged up. He wanted me to call you and have you come to the hospital."

My heart dropped into my stomach as I stood.

"An altercation?"

"I'll explain it all when you get here."

"Alright."

He hung up and I glanced back at Josh as he raised his eyebrow.

"I... have to go."

"Where?"

"Hospital."

"Why?"

"Just come with me."

"Uh, Okay."
...

As I drove us to the hospital, I was worried. I mean, Liam sounded calm over the phone, and he said that John wanted me to come.

If it was bad, then John wouldn't even be able to get someone to call me... right?

I tried to calm myself down as I drove.

I've been on a dozen dates with John, and I've fallen for him. Knowing that he was in danger, and that I wasn't there to stop it, really upsets me.

But I couldn't have known right?

I gripped the stirring wheel, thinking about what I would do to whoever hurt him. He's my munchkin... no one touches him.

"Are you alright," Josh asked.

I realized that I was speeding and stepped off of the gas.

"I'm fine."

"Is... who was on the phone earlier?"

I couldn't get mad at Josh for being curious, but I couldn't focus enough to even formulate words.

"It's..."

"Lucas, do you want me to drive?"

"No... it's okay."

He placed his hand on my shoulder, and I started to calm down just a tad.

"Slow down, take a breath. Stay calm."

He squeezed my shoulder, and I started to exhale all of the breath that I was holding in.

"Don't crash."

"Why would I cras..."

I barely missed a car parked on the side of the road.

"Ya know, you're really out of it. Is John the one in the hospital? Did something happen to him?"

"Yea."

He made an "O" with his mouth and sat back in his seat.
...

When we arrived at the hospital, I parked and tripped trying to get out of my car. I could hear Josh snickering and I flipped him off as I ran.

"Wait for me man!"

Liam was standing outside the door of John's room and greeted me with a smirk.

"You got here fast."

"I... where is... is.."

"He's in this room."

"Hey, I told you to wait..." Josh came up from behind me, but he stopped talking mid-sentence as he walked towards Liam and I.

I looked at him as he stared at Liam with his mouth slightly open. I glanced from him to Liam and saw that Liam was staring at him too, but with a smirk.

Liam, turned his attention to me and softly spoke.

"A few guys that's been messing with John and I in college... let that sink in... grown adults. Anyway, they've bullied us and threatened us for being gay.

When Liam said that he was gay, I heard a small weird noise come from Josh, but I ignored it so that I wouldn't embarrass him.

"Last night, the main guy from the group tried to rape John... so that happened. I came and stopped him from going any further though."

I stood there shocked. John never told me about anyone messing with him or anything. I stared to get a little mad, but I didn't let it show.

"Can I see him now?"

"Yea."

Liam glanced over at Josh, and without turning his gaze away from him, opened the door for me.

I was too worried about John to tease Josh about him and Liam staring at each other, but I'll make sure to bring it up later. I walked into the room and saw a woman, Cassandra I think. She looked just as worried as I felt. I walked over to John's bed and saw how badly bruised his cheek was.

"Hey, Lucas right?"

"Yea."

"I'll... give you two some space."

She left out of the room and closed the door behind her. I turned my gaze back to John and he just stared at me.

Can he not talk?

I pulled up a chair and leaned forward to get a good look at his face. I grabbed his hand and gently caressed it in mine. He immediately squeezed my hand, making my heart melt.

"I'm... what happened?"

He tapped the back of my hand a couple of times and I frowned in confusion.

"I'm guessing this the only way you can communicate?"

He slowly nodded.

"Well, I won't ask you any questions. For now, I just want to be by your side."

He weekly smiled as I kissed his hand and leaned forward to kiss his forehead.

( Perspective of Johnathan )

After a couple of hours and a few tests, the doctor gave me clearance to leave the hospital. She gave me pain medicine and told me that I'd just have to wait for the bruising to go down, which would only take a few days.

Lucas walked beside me, holding my hand and kissing my cheek. He was walking me to Liam's car as Liam was walking with Josh behind us. I glanced back towards them and saw they weren't talking, just awkwardly walking side by side. Cassandra had to leave a little while ago, so I didn't get to say bye to her.

I'll text her later.

I saw as Lucas turned and looked at Josh and Liam.

"Ya know, if Liam is... interested... then I think he and Josh could actually hit it off."

I nodded, and he smiled.

Lucas smirked at me as he swung our hands.

"Even with the bruise, you're beautiful."

I couldn't help but blush, and I shyly glanced away.

"When you feel up to it, let's... hang out again."

Lucas tightened his grip around my hand and kissed me on my sore cheek. I felt instant butterflies and covered my face. I heard him chuckle and I felt him kiss me all over my face that wasn't covered up with my hands. My face felt hot as we finally made it to Liam's car. Lucas stared into my eyes as we stood there waiting for Liam and Josh to catch up.

"I know you can't talk right now, and I don't know if this is a right time, but I have to tell you something."

He seemed to get a little hesitant as he stepped closer to me. He took a deep breath and softly whispered, "I love you."

He squinted his eyes and made a motion as if he was flinching. I was immediately filled with happiness and excitement. We've been on a lot of dates and I myself have gathered strong feelings for him. I... just didn't think we were at the "I love you stage," but now... I'm elated.

"You don't have to try and say it... if you... unless you feel... I probably shouldn't have told you, oh my gosh Lucas... your big ass mouth."

I shook my head and pulled him into a hug. I might not have had my glasses, but I could see how difficult it was to just come out and say it... he means it. His embrace made me feel safe and I didn't want him to let go. He gently caressed my back and I felt him chuckle.

"Does this mean... you feel the same way, or are you just giving me a pity hug to help ease my rejection?"

I held back my smile as Lucas kissed me on my neck and hugged me tighter.

On the way home, Liam kept glancing over at me and taking his eyes off of the road.

"Mmm," I inwardly yelled as he was about to hit an old lady at her mail box. He readjusted his stirring wheel.

"Shit. I'm sorry."

There was silence.

"So um, Jack and his crew. Yea, I'm gonna help you file a report against them. And don't moan at me as a protest, because it's gone too far now."

I nodded.

"Don't you guys have security cameras behind your restaurant or anything?"

I nodded.

"Well, work on getting that footage for evidence. And I know that I look just as bad in the video for ya know, kicking Jack in his asshole face, but it was for your defense... I don't think what I did matters as much." It might.

"We're going to get your new glasses tomorrow before school... and Jack isn't going to be there, being that I broke a couple of things."

Liam started to smile as he finished that last sentence. I wanted to ask him about Josh and why they were staring and walking side by side and whatnot, but I couldn't without some pain, so I let it go for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 83 11
| Short-story | ~ Published in 2016 ~ Shortly after devoicing Israel's mother due to a progressive struggle to come to terms with his sexuality, Is...
3.6M 163K 40
On the same night Miller was going to propose to his girlfriend of two years. She announced her engagement to another man over dinner. Heartbroken an...
1.9M 68.5K 25
Honestly, this book is my very first bxb book so it sucks. I suggest yall read my 2nd or 3rd one instead of the same series which are much more well...
King's Guard By kara

General Fiction

3.2M 123K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...