Creating A Killer ยป Jerome Va...

By MichelleAspelund

This is a story about a mentally and psychically damaged girl named Elena. In a interview Jim Gordon set up f... More

Intro
Intro story
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
The sequel

Chapter twenty

2.9K 112 48
By MichelleAspelund

As they arrived at the gala Elena put on a black mask over her eyes like the other waitresses was wearing. Barbara and Jerome were backstage, Aaron was undercover as a guard, while Theo and Tabitha were mingling with other people being fake as always.

As she walked around serving people their drinks she noticed Selina in the crowd. She was discreetly stealing from people and it made Elena chuckle. Then she sneaked up behind her and yelled:"G.C.P.D!" and it made Selina freeze with her hands up in defense. Elena could no help herself and burst out laughing. Selina turned around and frowned as she saw it was Elena. She punched her in the arm saying: "Damn Elena, you scared the shit out of me!"

Elena smiled and catched her breath while whiping a fake tear away from her eye.

"I'm sorry hah. What are you doing here tho?" Elena asked. Selina shrug her shoulders in a sarcastic way.

"Well if you want to steal stuff you gotta go where the rich people are."

Elena laughed again. Selina seemed like a chill type of girl she could be friends with.

"But what are you doing here, and dressed like a waitress? Aren't the police looking for you after you escaped Arkham?" Selina asked curious.

"Well I'm just a part of a stupid plan. But you'll see." Elena said and winked at her.

"Don't tell anyone I'm here tho." Selina nodded with a "gotcha" nod. Then a boy about their age walked up to them and smiled to Selina. 

"Hi Selina, you look good in that dress." he said in a very polite way. But Selina just rolled her eyes and answered: "Yeah whatever." which was pretty rude. And the boy's smile disappeared. But he quickly got it back and looked over at Elena.

"Hi, I'm Bruce Wayne." he said and reached out his hand to greet her. She smiled and shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Sara, nice to meet you Bruce." she lied to she would not blow her cover. So he was the Bruce she had heard about. He was a billionaire and had inherited Wayne Enterprises after his parents had been murdered. He was the one Theo wanted hurt tonight so they would make the Gotham Gazette for sure. Tabitha came over to them while holding a empty glass in her hand. Her face had a big adhesive plaster after Elena broke her nose. She looked like a mess, to be honest.

"Waiter, I need something more to drink. Go get it for me, now." she demanded and handed out her glass with a smirk on her face. Elena frowned and started to get angry. But before she could reply Bruce stepped in front of her.

"Well that's rather rude. She might be a waiter but you can speak to her with some respect." Bruce said harsh and it made Elena smile. He was nice.

"Whatever." Tabitha said while rolling her eyes at them and left.

"Some people have no manners. I wonder what happened to her face." Bruce said and Elena let out a little laugh which made Selina and Bruce look at her confused. Elena then cleared her throat awkward.

"I mean...yeah me too. I'll see you later Kat." she said and left them alone. It seemed they has stuff to talk about. Elena saw Lee Thompkins entering the stage as the started on a welcome speech. She hadn't seen her since she stuck a needle in her throat back in Arkham. She watched as she served people their drinks. When Lee was done with her speech she was about to introduce the 'magician.'

"Over the years we have had magicians come and entertain the children. And so tonight we have one of the magicians here for you. Without further due, please allow me to present to you the great Rudolpho!" Lee said and walked off stage and in entered Barbara in her costume. She was wearing a mask so no one recognized her. 

"She's looking hella good." Elena thought proud of her sister.

She stood with a large blue box that the opened to show the audience it was empty. She dramatically gasped with a hand over her mouth before she closed it. Then she opened it one more time and Jerome appeared in his costume. It was funny seeing him with a fake beard and a strange hat. He walked out on the stage and threw his hand up with a smile on his face.

"Greetings ladies and germs. I am indeed the great Rudolpho." he said and they both bowed as the audience clapped in excitement. Elena smiled as she looked at him enjoying himself. He started out doing some basic things like making a rose and a dove appear out of nowhere. But it was still impressing Elena tho. Then the guards began discretely closing the doors that lead out to the exits.

"Here we go." Elena thought and felt herself getting a bit uneasy for some reason, she still had a bad feeling about this. She was afraid Jim would show up and ruin everything. And she did not trust Theo for one second.

"For my first act I will acquire a volunteer. Let me see..." he said as he and Barbara looked out in the room. He turned away and pointed his finger out as he saidn"Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, goose." he said stopping his finger pointing at Bruce. Barbara walked over to him and reached her hand out to escort him with her. But he didn't look to comfortable about being picked out.

"Don't keep the lady waiting." the older man standing by him said with an british accent. Bruce was hesitant at firs, but then he decided to go with her. Barbara smiled as she escorted him to the stage and left him by Jerome's side.

"Hello, young man. Please, lay down." Jerome said and pointed at the coffin in front of him. Bruce sighed and did as he was told. Jerome closed it before pulling out a sharp metal plate which made Bruce swallow a lump in his throat.

"Does this young gentleman have a name?" Jerome asked.

"Bruce.." he replied with a nervous tone to his voice.

"Ah, well Bruce, this won't hurt a bit." Jerome said with a smirk. He slammed the metal plates together which made Bruce flinch and said "Is there a doctor in the house?" he joked. But the man who had stood by Bruce seemed nervous. It seemed as if he had suddenly changed his mind about sending the young billionaire up to the stage.

"Wait! Wait one second," he said as he started rushing forward, "Just please, wait!" he tried telling Jerome, but he didn't listen to him. He pushed the blades threw the coffin, sending a small gasp threw the crowd, but Bruce were luckily not cut in half.

"Wave to them." Jerome told Bruce and Bruce smiled and waved to the crowd and he looked more relaxed now that he wasn't cut in half.

"Some say Bruce has a split personality." Jerome joked and it made Elena laugh. Barbara lead Bruce back to the british man who was now standing with Lee. Barbara blew Bruce a kiss and Lee frowned as the looked at Barbara.

"Oh no, does she know?" Elena thought and panicked a little.

"For my next illusion I'd like to call to the stage, esteemed Deputy Mayor Harrison Kane." Jerome said as he paced around with a smirk. As Barbara lead the Mayor on stage Elena noticed Lee speaking suspiciously with the british man.

"Is there something familiar to you about those two Alfred?" she asked sounding suspicious. Elena swallowed a big clump in her throat and got closer so she could eavesdrop. This was going to end bad, she just knew it. But how could she tell Jerome without getting caught? Barbara placed a box of knifes in front of Jerome. As she bowed to the crowd she managed to loose her mask. As she looked up Lee's eyes widened in fear and her jaw dropped.

"Oh my god.." Lee gasped and Elena instantly panicked. She saw Lee pull out her phone and knew she had to stop her before she could call Jim.

"Jim, it's Lee. She's here..Barbara is here! And I think Jerome..." she tried to say but Elena grabbed her phone and threw it away. Lee eyes widened as she looked at Elena, but before she could say anything she got knocked by a fist to her face. Aaron came up to them as he luckily was the only one who noticed them since everybody else was entirely focused on the stage.

"Help me carry her out, quick!" Elena whispered stressed. They lifted her up and carried her out of the room unnoticed. They laid her in a corner where no one was around and Elena quickly went back into the room. Aron stayed and kept guard of Lee in case she would wake up and make a scene.

Meanwhile on stage Jerome took up a knife and stared at it before looking at the audience with a sinister look.

"By the way, nobody here is getting out alive."

People starting to laugh a little as they thought he was joking, and as rare as it was, he wasn't. He shot around and threw the knife right into the Mayor's heart so he dropped dead. A loud synchronized gasp of terror was heard in the room.

"Oh my god!" people said and started to scream in panic. A waiter who secretly worked with Theo pulled out a machine gun and shot up in the roof which created a total panic. The british man, or Alfred as he was called, tried to get Bruce out of the room, but everybody was thinking the same thing and tried to avoid being shot as they ran and blocked his way. Jerome stood on the stage laughing hysterically as people cried and screamed for help. Elena just stood in the back watching everyone before she looked over at Jerome and knew she had to tell him about Lee and her phone call to Jim.

Selina had found a way out and ran for it. Bruce, who was hopelessly in love with her, ran after like an idiot meanwhile Alfred was fighting the bad guys to protect him. 

Elena pushed threw the crowd and ran up to Jerome.

"Isn't this fun?" he asked excited as he saw her approaching him.

"Yeah well, I caught Lee calling Jim. I knocked her out but she managed to tell him Barbara is here and he's probably on his way. But I got her phone before she could say anything about you." she said and handed it to him.

"HAH, no problem. Let's have a little fun with good old Jimbo, shall we? Hell, I bet he is outside right now! Let's make him a show he won't forget. So please, go get Lee for me, gorgeous." he said with a vicious smile. Elena hesitated for a second before she sighed and nodded as she ran off. She didn't like this anymore, but she knew how stubborn Jerome was.

On the outside Jim arrived in a hurry and demanded to know what was going on from another cop that was standing outside of the building.

"Hostage situation. The magician killed the Deputy Mayor."

Jim sighed and got stressed as he placed a hand to his forehead.

"It's Jerome Valeska, same man who killed commissioner Essen. He has also kidnapped a girl named Elena which we placed in Arkham, but she broke out with the help of known criminal Oswald Cobblepot and formerly forensic scientist Edward Nygma. I bet she and the others are in there too."

Then his phone rang and he looked at the screen and got relieved that it said "Lee."

"Lee! Thank god I have been trying to..." he said but got interrupted, "Ah I'm sorry Jimbo, it's just little me." Jerome said.

"Jerome?..." Jim asked.

"Are you outside? Oh you are, aren't you? Oh goodie!" Jerome said with excitement. Jim quickly frowned and gritted his teeth.

"I swear to god if you or Elena have hurt her..." Jim said angry, but Jerome interrupted him again, "Breathe, James. We haven't touched a hair on your girlfriend's pretty head. Elena just gave her a little punch, HAH. Don't believe me? See for yourself. This is live television after all, HAHAHA!"

Jim ran up to the news van. He saw Jerome and Barbara standing on the stage with Lee, only she was tied up to a spinning wheel and bleeding from her nose.

"You son of a bitch!" Jim shouted into the phone.

"True, but not the point. Let's talk about what I want." Jerome started.

"$47 million, a helicopter, obviously, the dry cleaning I left at Mr. Chang's but be careful, the man is a crook, and, mm, I don't know, a pony? Oh and you got ten minutes or I start killing people. Remember, this is being broadcast to every home in Gotham, so, you know, don't let people die. Bye!" Jerome said and waved to the camera as he laughed hysterically. Then he turned around all serious as he looked at Barbara.

"I think that went well." he said pleased. Elena stood in the back of the crowd guarding the door with Aaron in case Jim should show up.

"I don't like this Aaron, something doesn't feel right." Elena said with her arms crossed and Aaron nodded in agreement.

"Enough!" they suddenly heard someone shout. Elena looked into the crowd where Theo walked against the stage. Oh this was probably the moment where he was 'playing the hero.' She didn't like it, not at all. And she knew Jim could walk in any time now and shoot the four of them without any hesitation.

"You need to pack up your pathetic little sideshow and leave." Theo said 'bravely'. God what a coward, Elena thought. If this wasn't an act he would never dare to do this.

"Is that right?" Jerome said smiling and putting his hands in his pockets just chilling.

"It may be presumptuous to speak for all the citizens of Gotham, but we are sick of you! You're a small vicious man with a pathetic need for attention." Theo continued. Jerome bowed to him still smiling and put his hands back in his pocket. This was so fun, watching Jerome mocking him just by using his body language.

"Enough man. For god's sake enough." Theo said and Elena rolled her eyes at him. Jerome held up a finger and walked closer to him.

"I'm curious what your leverage is here Mr..." Theo turned to the camera and said "Theo Galavan." 

Elena honestly wanted to laugh. It was so staged she could cry at his pathetic act. But she was still nervous about Jim coming in any second.

"Well Mister Theo Galavan, if you don't sit down I will shoot you in the face." he said and pinched Theo's cheeks.

"I know there is some human decency left in you. If you need to take anyone hostage, take me. But let these people go home to their families, to their children." Theo said. But then Barbara walked up and hit Theo in the back of the head so he fell to the floor.

"Boring." she said and yawned.

Jim was now getting inpatient outside. 

"Get your men, we're going in." he commanded the captain, but he just shook his head. They did not want to enter the building after what happened at the police station when they killed the commissioner. So he had to find another way to save Lee.

Meanwhile on the inside Selina was showing Bruce the way out. But he had to much pride to leave his butler Alfred behind.

"I can't leave Alfred.." he said and stopped in his tracks. Selina stared at him for a second before she shook her head in frustration.

"I'm not going back into that freak show, Bruce. Jerome is crazy and I don't want to get involved, and neither should you!" she said and pointed a finger in his face. Bruce sighed and took a step closer to her.

"I have to, he is all I got."

Selina rolled her eyes at him and got frustrated of everyone acting like a hero.

"Fine! But take this with you." she said and handed him a gun which made Bruce's eyes widen as he froze.

"Just take it!" she demanded impatient and Bruce quickly grabbed the gun out of her hand.

"How did you get this, Selina?" he asked curiously.

"I stole it from a guard inside, a huge bald guy. But be careful, and just..don't die." she said and kissed his cheek before she ran outside. She cared for him after all.

As Selina came outside Jim noticed her right away. 

"Oh no.." she said and rolled her eyed when she saw him running against her.

"Selina! You have to show me the way inside." 

She crossed her arms and gave him an angry look.

"I don't have to do anything." she replied in her stubborn tone. Jim frowned and felt himself getting pissed off.

"Selina I swear to god!" he said raising his voice and Selina's eyes widened and she let her hands down again.

"Okay fine, jeez chill. Come with me." she said and guided him inside.

On the inside Jerome way playing around and trying to shoot an apple from a ransom man's head.

"Oh..I can't look." he said faking being nervous. He placed his hand over his eyes and looked away which made everyone in the crowd nervous. Barbara stood beside him smiling.

"Someone tell me how it turns out." Jerome said and then he lowered the gun until it was pointing at the man's face before he pulled the trigger. But it was only water that came out of the gun and Barbara started to laugh.

"Damn, well turn around." Jerome said as the man turned to the audience. He took out his real gun and with a flick of his wrist he shot the apple right off the man's head. Everybody was hiding in fear and Jerome got annoyed by their rudeness.

"Well, clap!" he shouted and people clapped but just because they were afraid of him hurting them next. Elena walked up to Jerome and he smiled as she approached her.

"I think we need to leave. I have a bad feeling about this. Jim could storm in any second." Elena said anxiously, but Jerome just shook his head.

"Don't worry, gorgeous. He is as harmless as a baby rabbit, besides, the show isn't over yet!" he said excited and kissed her passionately. She just nodded with a small smile as he pulled away, but was not really agreeing and went back to Aaron who was smiling as he watched Jerome on stage. Elena looked at his belt and frowned.

"Where's your gun, Aaron?" she asked as she noticed it was gone.

"Uhm..I dunno?" he answered like a five year old. Elena just shook her head and crossed her arms as he looked up on the stage. Barbara spun Lee around on the wheel as he mocked her about Jim. But then she got to close and Lee kicked her right in the stomach. Elena gasped and took a step forward ready to go up there and help, but Jerome handled it. Barbara grabbed one of the knifes and was about to kill Lee when Jerome stopped her.

"It hasn't been teen minutes. I gotta buy you a watch." he joked and took the knife out of her hand. But Barbara just used what she had and punched Lee right in the face. Jerome just shook his head and looked back at the audience.

"Well, I think it' time for this night's first official victim. One you all know and love. Poor rich boy, parents murdered in an alley and my favorite volunteer, where is Bruce Wayne?" Jerome asked and waited for his reveal. Bruce was hiding behind the curtains while looking up Jerome in fear.

"You know I'm an orphan too, Bruce. I killed my parents tho. Where are you hiding?!" Jerome said more inpatient as he looked after him.

"BRUCE!" he shouted again.

"Kill his butler." Barbara suggested to lure Bruce out.

"Okay, last chance Bruce. It's about to get very butler brainy out here."

Bruce was very confused and scared. He didn't know what to do, but he knew he had to do something.

"I'm bored, shoot the butler." Jerome said and then Bruce ran out of the curtains.

"STOP!" he demanded.

Jerome smiled and started making his way against him. Bruce ran up to Alfred and whispered that he needed to take the gun Selina had given him. Alfred quickly took it and hid it in his jacket as Jerome grabbed Bruce and placed a knife to his throat while smiling.

"Shall we get this party started, huh? Check behind the curtains! Make sure no one it trying something stupid." Jerome told one of the waitresses.But behind one of the curtains stood Jim who had just entered the building and Selina had escaped again. He saw Jerome holding Bruce and panicked. But then he noticed one of the waiters that was looking quite familiar. She had red hair, but he could not be wrong. It was Elena! It had to be and this was his only chance.

He jumped out and grabbed her so she screamed, and it caught Jerome's attention right away and his smile disappeared. Jim placed his gun to her head and stared Jerome dead in the eye. The butler also took out his gun and pointed it at Jerome. Elena was crying and panicking, but didn't dare to move. Jim probably hated her and would gladly kill her on the spot.

"Jim, please..." she said trying to sound as innocent as she possible could. But Jim just tightened his grip a bit and shook his head. 

"Be quiet. I just want to save Lee. Just don't move." Jim whispered in her ear. Jerome stood on the stage with his knife against Bruce's throat and he was now bleeding a bit as Jerome had lost control of how hard he was pushing the blade into the skin. His eyes went black and he was getting angry, but also afraid as he saw Jim holding a gun to Elena's head. How dared he lay a hand on her.

"Seems like we got ourselves a pickle." Jerome said calm, but sinister.

"Let Bruce and Lee go and I'll let her go." Jim offered.

"Well you see, I just don't believe you. How about you let her go now, and I won't kill you slowly after I'm done with Bruce here?" Jerome said threatening him.

"I said enough!" someone yelled. Jerome got confused and let go of Bruce to turn around to see Theo standing there with a frown on his face. Then the worst and most unexpected thing happened. 

Theo grabbed Jerome and this was the point where he was supposed to knock Jerome out. But instead, with a quick move of his hand, he buried a knife so deeply into his neck that blood started to run down Jerome's mouth and he struggled to breathe. Elena gasped and felt her heart completely stop and it got impossible to breathe. With tears in her eyes she watched the only person she had ever loved slide out of Theo's arms and dropping dead to the floor.

Elena screamed at the top of her lungs, louder than anyone else in the room combined. Jim let her go and covered his ears from the painfully loud screams. Elena quickly grabbed his gun out of his belt and pointed it right at Theo as she growled like an animal. And without hesitation, she shot against him as many times as she possibly could while walking against him, angrier than she ever had been in her entire life. 

She was in a state of shock, anger, sadness, and absolute fury. Theo fell backwards as she shot him in the shoulder. She ran up to the stage and then she the shot out in the room while screaming "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" so people would start to run out in panic. It blocked Jim from getting through and up to the stage. Elena dropped down on her knees, crying her heart out over Jerome's dead body. She grabbed him and shook him hard to try and make him open his eyes, but he didn't react.

"Don't leave me...please Jerome..PLEASE!" she screamed, but he was already gone. She touched his hand who always sent a warm feeling threw her stomach, but he was already as cold as ice.

"NOOO!" she screamed and Barbara came running up to her and held around her while looking around to see if Jim was coming closer.

"Elena, they've caught Aaron. We HAVE to go, or else they'll throw us in Arkham to rot." she said and pulled her off Jerome's lifeless body. Elena refused as she screamed and cried while trying to clench on to his body.

"No, no, no! I can't leave him!" she screamed, but Barbara forced her with her.

"Jim, stop them!" Lee shouted as Jim came running against the stage. But Barbara took them both onto a trap door than sent them under the stage and Jim could not follow.

I'm crying right now. I remember the first time I saw this episode and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. But yes please vote and comment, ilysm!

-Michelle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 358 20
(BOOK ONE ) Young High school girl gets caught up with City's Most wanted serial killer Jerome Valeska. Together they over come boundaries, destroy t...
51.4K 1.1K 21
(Currently being rewritten) Jeremiah Valeska and Y/n. Inseparable, always finding a way back to one another. However with the looming threat of Jerom...
35.3K 760 57
Imagines and Preferences for the men of Fox's series Gotham. { Requests: CLOSED } This includes: - Jim Gordon - Jerome Valeska - Jeremiah Valeska - B...
336K 5K 53
Characters I'll be doing James (Jim) Gordon Oswald Cobblepot Jerome Valeska Edward Nygma Bruce Wayne Victor Zsasz I've written all of this down and...