The Perfect Date

By NatureProductions

| Novel | ~2017 ~ Book 1 - The Perfect Date series A charismatic man walks into a restaurant and gets serv... More

Writer's note
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fouteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine

Chapter twenty two

116 7 1
By NatureProductions

( Perspective of Liam )

John called me not too long ago, complaining about Jack and his buddies being at the restaurant. I tried not to sound as worried as I felt when he told me. I know that if I ever freak out, then John will get even worse and go absolutely insane with worry.

When I hung up, I immediately made a u-turn and cursed.

"Shit, shit, shit."

He better not lay a fucking finger on John; I'll castrate the worthless piece of donkey shit.

As I sped down the road, I thought of the times that my dad came into the house in his drunken state, hitting my mom and I. I remembered how we didn't have anyone to help us; I remembered how defenseless we were, compared to my dad's drunken strength.

I held back my tears and clenched my teeth. I promised John I wouldn't let something like this happen; I promised him.

As I weaved through the traffic, I could see a small potion of the restaurant. I sped into the drive way and saw two of Jack's friends standing by their car; I then parked and they immediately walked over to me. They started to smirk at me as I furiously walked towards them.

"Hey fag.."

I punched the guy in his face, causing him to fall.

The other guy pushed me and glanced down at his friend.

"What's your fucking problem Liam?"

"Don't ask me what my problem is. Where is John?"

He smirked and tried to punch me, but I caught his fist and kneed him in his stomach.

"Don't fucking test me, where is he?"

"Probably getting the ride of his life."

He smirked at me again, and I kicked him in his balls, making him fall beside the other guy.

"I swear, if anything happens to John, I'll finish what you cowards started."

I frantically ran to the front of the restaurant and saw that there was no one inside. I turned around and ran my hands through my hair as I was stressing.

What does he mean by "getting the ride of his life?"

As I stood there, I could hear the faint sound of someone chuckling. I listened and waited; I could hear that it was coming from around back.

I ran to the back of the restaurant, and when I reached around the corner, I lost it.

"Hey, what the fucking hell!"

I saw John passed out on the ground with his shirt all bloody. He also had a bruise on his jaw and a few open wounds in a couple random areas.
I saw Jack with his pants half way down to his knees as he was about to... penetrate John?

He just stared at me with a sadistic smile as I stood there shocked.

I ran over to him as his eyes went ride, and without even saying anything, I forcibly kicked him in his face, making him fall back.

He stood up after a few moments and pulled up his pants.

"You fucking cock blocker. What, are you here to save your fuck buddy?"

I glanced down at John's lifeless body, and I felt a sensation of pure rage that I hadn't felt in years. I ran and tackled Jack, making his head hit the pavement. I punched him multiple times in his cheeks and kept on punching until he was out-cold. I spit on his face and got off of him to run over to John. That's when I saw that his glasses had shattered on the ground.

I pulled his pants back up around his waist and I held him in my arms.

"John... please... John."

Tears flooded my eyes and created a tsunami of tears to fall down my cheeks. I pressed my head against his chest and heard his heart beating and I sighed.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I didn't keep my promise."

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called the ambulance.

( Perspective of Johnathan)

There was a bright light, forcing me to open my eyes. I slowly blinked until I was able to see everything more clearly. I glanced around and saw that I was in a white room. I heard beeping sounds and realized that I was in a hospital bed. I glanced down and saw Liam?

I blinked a few more times, and I could recognize that it was him as he rested his head on my thigh with his eyes closed. I followed where his right arm led to, and I found that he was holding my hand. I gently tightened my hand around his and I started to smile as I felt his warm touch. It hurt when I smiled and that's when I remembered why I was in the hospital in the first place.

I immediately frowned and then made myself stop because of the pain. I glanced around the room again, looking to my right, and I saw Cassandra laying on the small couch with her eyes closed.

What time is it?

How long have I been out of it?

I wanted to speak, but when I moved my jaw, I felt nothing but pain; all I could do was moan.

I felt Liam's body shift and I glanced back down to see his gray eyes staring up at me. He gave me an apologetic expression and it seemed clear that he had just been crying not too long ago with his puffy red glare. He gently squeezed my hand and didn't speak. Liam looked as if he had been stressing out over this entire thing, and it made me feel bad.

He finally spoke.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

I squeezed his hand to assure him it was fine. He smiled and looked as if he got an idea.

"Squeeze my hand two times if you hate me."

I squeezed once.

Why would I hate him?

"You're probably wondering why you would even hate me, knowing you."

I inwardly laughed.

"I promised that I wouldn't let anything happen to you and... you're here now."

Tears started to well up in his eyes.

"I'm... I should've listened when you were constantly bringing up your worries about Jack and his friends."

His voice was shaky and raspy, and it always hurt me to hear and see him in such a state. He stared into my eyes and he started to silently sob. I squeezed his hand and he tried to stop himself.

"I know, I know... stop crying right? I can't help it man."

"I... I'm... just... I'll do better."

I weakly tapped my pointing finger on the top of his hand and he chuckled, which made my heart jump.

"I can't... I can't live without you in my life man. You're my brother... I should've listened. I'm such a damn asshole."

I tapped his finger again.

"I am, don't defend me John."

I found it funny how he knew what I was thinking just from my different hand squeezes and finger taps.

"I would hug you so hard right now if you weren't hooked up and shit."

Am I really hooked up?

I glanced around and saw one I.V. plugged into my arm. I glanced at him as I tapped his hand three times.

"Yea, It can wait huh?" He paused. "You've been knocked out all night; I couldn't leave you. I cursed out the nurse, in the nicest way, when she told me to leave."

He glanced over at Cass.

"She's been worried sick about you too ya know. She told me that you gave her no choice and whatnot."

I looked over at her sleeping body.

"She said that she was so scared... she didn't know where to go and what to do or who to go to... I feel like it's my fault that you even got hurt though."

I moaned and squeezed his hand.

"It is my fault."

I squeezed his hand.

"Just shut up, and let me feel guilty John."

He smirked as he sniffed.

"I fucking love you John. Don't ever scare me like that again."

I couldn't stand holding back my smile anymore, and I couldn't stop myself from doing so, even with the pain. I heard a shift come from Cassandra's direction and she was up within seconds.

"Oh my gosh, he's awake. John, how are you?"

I glanced at Liam and he smiled.

"He's alright sis."

"Good. Ya know, I can't help but feel that this is my fault; I chose to leave. I know you told me to go, but... I just... I could've at least done something to stop them, and I didn't know it would go that far... ya know."

She and Liam stared at me as if I was going to say something.

"The doctor said that you didn't suffer any serious or severe damage other than your badly bruised, bloody jaw. Of course, they treated it though, so don't worry about that. You'll just feel pain for a week or so, and it'll be a pain to talk. She also said that you were dehydrated, so that's why your hooked up and everything. Considering how much damage your abdomen took last night, it's strange that you didn't suffer much trauma; the doctor told me that Jack must've continuously hit you there," Liam said.

He was silent for a moment and then Cassandra stepped closer.

"I bet you're wondering what happened to Jack and his friends," Cassandra said.

I felt Liam's grip on my hand tighten. I remembered hearing Liam's voice before I passed out at the resultant; he sounded so pissed. I glanced over at Liam and he looked fine, considering that he for sure fought Jack and the others.

"I beat the shit out of them."

My jaw hurt as I struggled to keep from chuckling; Liam smiled at me as I tried to stop from grinning.

"Can you believe that bull? Jack has been bullying us because we're gay and he's the one trying to rape you."

"Yea, he also called John sexy... is what John told me at least."

I saw Liam shake his head as he chuckled. I thought about Lucas and if Liam or Cassandra had told him about everything going on. I couldn't talk without feeling a lot of pain, I just sighed. Liam glanced at me and then smirked. He stared at me for a moment before speaking.

"I'll call Lucas for you... if you want him to come and see you."

Okay, now it's just getting weird.

"Tap my hand three times for yes and two for no."

I tapped three times and he grabbed his phone.

"I added his phone number when I went through your messages the other day."

He did what?

He let go of my hand and stood up, walking to the foot of my bed, smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 83 11
| Short-story | ~ Published in 2016 ~ Shortly after devoicing Israel's mother due to a progressive struggle to come to terms with his sexuality, Is...
1.4M 38.4K 36
โ Call me Daddy Princess โž โˆ™ Book 1 To The Daddy Series ยฉ RoseNesha, 2018 All Rights Reserved
3.6M 163K 40
On the same night Miller was going to propose to his girlfriend of two years. She announced her engagement to another man over dinner. Heartbroken an...
Tense By kara

General Fiction

4.3M 175K 54
"I love you." "Oh?" "In a non-bro sort of way, y'know? Full homo." ~~~ Kai and Roan are a lot of things. Best friends, football players, straight...