MATES

By Mk1120

Two Brothers...One Girl...One Choice Who would you choose? ~ "How Dare You?" I shoved him until he was pres... More

B E F O R E Y O U R E A D
P R O L O U G E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
*NEED TO KNOW*
Garrett Takeover!
N I N E
T E N
Update!!!
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
~MK UPDATE
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
NINETEEN
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y- O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - F I V E
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - S E V E N
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y - N I N E
F O R T Y

E I G H T

9.7K 533 57
By Mk1120

Rose 🌹

I waved goodbye to Kaden and Sky before turning to Greyson. 

"I would like to go home now" 

"What's the magic word?" he teased

"Now?" I supplied before taking out my phone "Or else I'll call my Uncle" 

He rolled his eyes grabbed my wrist "Come on Shorty, I'll take you home" 

I ignored the little sparks of fire that ignited in my body at his touch and discreetly removed my wrist from his grasp. 

He raised an eyebrow but said nothing and walked to the passenger's door. 

I stood there, watching him, and he motioned for me to climb in. 

"I didn't know you had manners" 

He laughed "My Mom taught all her boys manners. It was the first thing she taught us when we were old enough to understand. I pretty sure we learned how to treat a woman right before we learned our names" 

I laughed and jumped in the car. 

When I securely strapped my seat belt in place, Greyson closed the door and quickly rounded the car. 

He got in, buckled up, and immediately left the restaurant's parking lot. 

The car was relatively quiet, except for the hum of the truck's engine. 

"So..." Greyson started "What type of dessert do you want?" 

I looked at him "I was only joking. You don't have to buy me anything"

He glanced at me before turning down an unknown street "It's only fair. You paid for everyone's meal. I pay for dessert" 

"But..." 

"No buts" he grinned "My treat and it's final" 

I grumbled but didn't argue any further. I knew that once he set his mind to something, he would see it through till the end. Something I secretly admired about him but would deny it until my grave if he ever found out. 

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as he kept driving through unfamiliar territory. 

"You'll see" 

"Greyson" I warned "I'm not one of your floozies who hangs onto your every word and takes yes as an answer. Either tell me where we're going or stop right here. I'd rather walk home"  

"Okay, first things first. I honestly don't know what you're talking about when you say my 'floozies or flavors'. I think there's been a miscommunication somewhere" 

I glanced at him and scoffed "Yeah right" 

He pulled over on to the side of the road on an unknown street and faced me. 

A couple of cars passed by but other than that, it was relatively quiet. 

"What are you doing!" I glared "Take me home right now" 

"No" he stated simply "You will listen to me whether you like it or not" 

I tired to unlock the door but he kept clicking it close. After the tenth attempt, I gave in and decided to listen to the fool before I murdered him. 

"Fine" I snapped "Hurry up and say what you have to say so I can go home" 

He grinned "So... I don't know what rumors are going around about me but I am not who you think I am" 

I snorted and he continued 

"Really, I'm not. The girl you saw with me this morning, was just an old friend. And the girl you saw with me this afternoon was apart of the school's newspaper. She wanted to do an interview about my last year as Soccer Captain" 

"Sure, and I'm Tinkerbell" I muttered under my breath. 

"What was that?" 

"Nothing" I mumbled before straightening in my chair "So you're trying to tell me you've never been with these girls" 

He shook his head "Nope"

"Then what about the rumors?" 

"What rumors?" 

I blushed "You know...the rumors" 

"Rose, Sweetheart. I don't know anything about the rumors. Gossips never reach the soccer players" 

"You know...rumors where you...in detail" I blushed harder and fumbled with my words. 

His eyes widened as he caught my drift and he started laughing. 

"There's rumors going around that I slept with these girls?" he laughed harder "Hell no. I'm not an idiot. And as much as you find it hard to believe, I do have standards" 

I looked away "The rumors go beyond just these girls" 

The laughing stop "What?" 

"Oh fiddlesticks" I muttered "Never mind. You said what you had to say, so take me home" 

"Rosabella, Look at me" he said softly 

I refused but he gently cupped my face and forced me to look at him. 

I stared into his pretty eyes and felt myself get lost in the sincerity in his gaze. 

"I swear to you, on my life, that nothing has happened between me or any other girl. The rumors are false. Please don't believe them" 

"Why are you telling me this? Why should I care?" 

"Because," his thumb gently rubbed my cheekbone "I just don't want you to think that I'm something I'm not. If I was, I would be straightforward with you. I also having a feeling that this might be a reason why you hate me so much"

My eyes widened "I don't hate you!" I blurted out. 

He laughed and let go of my face. 

I instantly missed the heat of his warm, calloused hands on my face. 

Woah!

What the Hell! 

Where did that come from!

"Rose?" Greyson snapped in my face, drawing my attention back to him "Are you okay? You kind of spaced out just now"

I blushed "I'm fine" 

"Anyways," He changed the topic "I feel like if I told you about the real me, maybe we can start over. You know, forget the past and move forward, because honestly Rose, I'm tired of you looking at me like I'm the scum on the bottom of your shoes" 

"I do not look at you like that!" I said, embarrassed because I knew I did look at him like that, most of the time. 

"Oh yeah? So the death glares, snooty remarks, and curse words are suppose to be things of endearment?" 

I scoffed "I'm not that bad" 

He started counting of on his hands "Everyday when you see me you glare. Then when I say something nice to you, you either ignore me or make me feel like an idiot with your beautiful know-it-all self" 

I choked on my saliva when he said beautiful "Well, do you ever ask yourself why I act that way towards you?" 

"Honestly, I do. And every time I think about it, I can't figure out what I did wrong" 

"Greyson," I sighed "I'm sorry for my actions. Now that you called it to my attention, I realize what a horrible person I was to you and I'm sorry" 

"So..." He grinned "Does that mean we get to start over? As friends?" 

I smiled slightly "Yes, I guess so" 

He whooped loudly before starting up the car and whistling a jolly tune. 

I shook my head and glanced out the window. 

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked after a few minutes of silence 

He glanced at me and gave me his million watt smile "Anything" 

"Why is it so important to you that we start over? As friends?" 

His smile softened "It just is" 

~~~~~~

HEY WOLFIES!!

EXAMS ARE OFFICIALLY OVER AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? 

MORE WRITING TIME AND MORE UPDATES!!!

YAY!!

COMMENT: WHAT DO YOU THINKS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?

~MK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 99 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
395K 9.8K 17
I smelt something calming, like the smell of rain and vanilla and suddenly, a guy came in charging at Gabriel. Gabriel didn't have any time to react...
10.2K 371 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
4.6K 349 37
*Mature content within* '' Even if it means killing my own mate, I will get my revenge.'' ---- ----- She's the reason that there is an obligated cur...