Awakened

By jmstoriess

Summer. For many people, it means different things. For me, it means working at the community swimming pool w... More

Look Both Ways
Look Who It Is
New Lifeguard
Little Signs
New Love
Dinner
Revelations
Delusions
Asleep
The Return
Training
Caught
Threatening Promise
Illusions
Connections
Wide Awake
Surprises All Around
New Friends
Invisibility
Tough Crowd
Finale
Epilogue

Making Memories

90 4 0
By jmstoriess

It turns out the first place we are headed to is the movie theater. We sit towards the back of the room as the trailers start to roll. It's a thriller, but I'm not really paying attention to it. All I can think about is Harry and the sudden urge I have to kiss him. I don't know if it's because the room is dark or because I regret rejecting him yesterday. Either way, I try to maintain my focus on the screen. We're both sharing the same armrest and I sense every shift I make against him. Finally, I can't take it anymore. I don't care if I just met him. I feel like I'm about to burst.

"Harry," I whisper quietly.

He turns his face towards mine. "Yeah?" The movie light reflects off of his curious face.

Before I can psych myself out, I quickly grab the back of his head and press my lips against his.

He sucks in a breath and I run my tongue over his lips. He softly groans and pulls back. At first I think Harry is rejecting me, but then he pulls up the armrest and gives me a quick smile. "It's a tad uncomfortable."

I giggle quietly as he pulls me onto his lap. We don't even care about the movie anymore and just have a full-blown make out session. I'm not embarrassed nor do I check to make sure no one is watching us.

I arch my back against him and tug at his hair.

He lightly bites my lip and we break apart, gasping for air.

"I think we should go on to the next part of the date before we get too carried away," he whispers.

I agree. "Let's get out of here, then."

We sneak out of the room and quickly walk down the theater's hallway. About halfway there, Harry pins me up against the wall and kisses me hard. 

I grip his shoulders and slightly push him away.

"Harry," I breathe and look around, "we're in public." Thankfully there isn't anyone around. Yet.

He presses his lips against my neck and my knees go weak. 

"Harry..." I groan. I have to literally pry him off of me. "Come on. Let's go."

He licks his lips and smirks. "Okay, love. Time for the next part."

We get into the car and drive down the highway. When he pulls up into the parking lot of the annual county fair, I squeal in excitement. I've been meaning to come here. I never seem to get around to it, though.

I jump out of the car and pull him towards the entrance. "Hurry!"

Harry just chuckles and shakes his head. "It's not going anywhere."

"I know, but I'm excited!"

Once inside, we buy tickets and head to some of my favorite roller coasters and rides. I love the feeling of getting dizzy and the moment just before the big drop. Afterward, we buy funnel cake with vanilla ice cream and strawberries piled on top and purple cotton candy almost as big as my head. We walk around, cotton candy in hand, and stop at the lineup of game booths. 

"I never win anything at those games," I inform him. 

"Never?' Harry asks.

"Never."

He looks around. "How about I win you that giant unicorn?" He points to the one hanging in front of us. 

I shake my head. "There's no way you can win that. You have to knock down four of those clowns."

He clutches his heart. "Your lack of faith wounds me, Y/N." He takes some bills out of his wallet. "Now, watch me defy your low expectations."

I shrug and step aside, tearing a piece of the cotton candy off. "Be my guest."

I watch him juggle each ball in his hand, take aim, and release them directly at the clowns. When he hits the fourth clown, I clap and cheer, thoroughly impressed.

The game attendant hands him the stuffed unicorn and Harry, in turn, hands it to me. 

I try to wrap my arms around him with the unicorn, but give up and kiss him instead. "That was great!"

He smirks triumphantly. "And you said it couldn't be done."

"I was happily mistaken," I tell him and give him another kiss.

"I should win you big stuffed animals more often if it means you'll kiss me like that," he says cheekily.

I roll my eyes. "I don't think I'd have the space to store them."

We walk together, hand-in-hand, to the parking lot. The carnival is close to getting shut down for the night. This was a great date.

"By the way, my parents want to meet you," I casually mention.

Harry looks at me in surprise as he puts the unicorn in the back of his car. "Really?"

I nod my head. "But you don't have to go, of course. I know it's a little presumptuous. It's just that when I told them I was going out with you they said they wanted to meet you first, but they were still working when you picked me up and...now I'm rambling," I finish nervously and get in the car.

He comes around the other side and starts the car. "Sure. I'll meet them," he finally says.

I let out a breath I hadn't even realized I was holding. "Really?"

He turns down the radio. "Yeah, I mean, what's the worst thing that can happen?"

They'll dislike you and tell me not to see you anymore, I add in my head. I really value the opinion of my family.

After we pull up into my driveway, I sort of just sit in the car. How can I be more nervous than Harry? He looks totally calm. It's not like I'm the one meeting the parents.

We step out and just as I'm about to open the front door, Harry pulls me back and kisses me hard.

"Okay. Now I'm ready," he mutters.

Both of my parents are sitting in the living room watching the news when we walk in. 

My mom is the first to turn around and get up to greet Harry. "Hi," she says to him, "it's nice to meet you. I'm Y/N's mother."

Harry shakes her hand. "I'm Harry Styles. It's nice to meet you as well."

My mom calls to my dad. He comes over, but takes his sweet time. He studies Harry from head to toe.

"What are your intentions concerning my daughter?" he asks bluntly.

I groan. Always straight to the point. "Dad..."

"No, it's fine," Harry says. He turns to my dad. "I saw something in your daughter that drew me in when I first met her. She's caring, funny, and considerate. Hopefully, in the near future I have the privilege of dating her."

I look at him in surprise. I didn't know he felt that way.

They continue to talk for a bit and my mother and I go to the kitchen. I pour myself a glass of water.

My mother looks at me with a small smile. "Did you have fun?"

I nod. "We went to the movies and then to the county fair."

"That's good. And you like this boy?"

"I do, actually. Even though we just met, things are going good."

"I just don't want you to get too attached." She hugs me. "Pretty soon you'll be off to college and I don't want you to have your heart broken."

I squeeze her. "I'll be fine mom. Really."

She rubs circles on my back. "Okay. Well, I'm off to sleep. Don't worry, I'll take your father with me."

I laugh. "Good. Please do."

When we get back into the living room, I almost can't believe it. My father and Harry are laughing... together. I'm dumbfounded as they say goodnight to each other and my mom takes my dad down the hall to their room.

Harry's looking at me with a smug smile on his face. "What?"

I squint at him in suspicion. "What did you guys talk about?"

"This and that." His smile grows at my frustration.

I decide to act mad. "Well, you can go now. Bye." I start to walk away, but he grabs my waist and pulls my back against his front. His face nuzzles into my neck.

"Now now, darling," he whispers. "Don't get upset."

I cross my arms and playfully huff.

"I have ways to get you to feel other things," he mutters against my skin.

I arch my neck a bit to give him better access to it and sigh. Hopefully, my parents or Jacob don't come downstairs because this would be an awkward scene to witness.

Harry presses small kisses up and down my neck. "Do you forgive me, darling?" he asks.

I smile and slowly turn around. "Of course I do, but it really is time for you to go." I give him a kiss and we walk to his car. I feel his gaze burning into me. "What?"

"You're just so perfect," he replies.

"Now I know that you're trying to suck up," I laugh.

He arches an eyebrow. "Damn! And here I was trying to be subtle about it." He hands me the unicorn. "Don't forget about this."

"Thanks. I'll see you later." I give him a peck on the lips.

"Bye, Y/N."

I watch Harry pull out and drive away before heading inside to get ready for bed. I place the giant unicorn in the corner of my room and promptly fall asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55 1 2
Hot and Cold. That's the only way she can describe it. When a young One Direction fan girl gets swept up with Harry Styles, the conflicting and unpre...
13.6K 399 47
Credit of this story goes completely to http://1-directionforeveryoungfanfic.tumblr.com/ :)
3.2K 53 21
"He's my first love." I told my dad. Those words replayed in Melissa's head every time she thought of her boyfriend, Harry. They were total opposit...
4.5K 448 64
Harry is a celebrity that happened to get kidnapped by a teenage fan girl and she ends up letting him go But Harry comes back to her realizing that...