An Alpha's Kiss | ✔️

By Dark-Shadow

(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silentl... More

An Alpha's Kiss - Story Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 37

24.3K 1.4K 106
By Dark-Shadow

~Aya

The energy surging through my system made me feel like a totally different person, an old version replaced by a new one. I was alive, powerful and most definitely reeked of strength.

Power. He talked about the power he wanted to own but never described how good it would feel to maintain such a strength. The element Silas wanted was right in front of his eyes, with my arms open like an angel's wings and myself standing ten feet of the ground, the terror present on his face fed my hunger.

I want him to pay.

For each and every sleepless night, for the amount of tears I shed, for hurting my father, and for every drop of blood oozing out of Jace's chest. My eyes returned to Jace's, fueling in anger as I saw him lying on the floor with Vixen kneeling by his side, but both of their heads were snapped upward.

Everyone's eyes were strained on me, some in horror and some in curiosity, but Silas's nervous swallow was all I needed to unleash the lava bubbling inside of me. It was then that the force controlled my body and my mind, making me raise both hands so that Silas and his men were off the ground rising into the air, Veronica included.

The color drained from their faces, the amount of fright persisting in their eyes made it seem like their worst nightmare has come to life, and it did. I took a few steps forward, just like a person walking on water but instead walking on nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"You threatened me with my family." My voice thundered like a lightning bolt.

"You threatened me with my life." Silas's eyes widened.

"But my mate, wrong move." I hissed.

I sent them flying in various directions with such a strength that the trees cracked once they hit them. I didn't leave it there, forcing them to remain still, and more than pleased to watch their failed attempts to drop back down by kicking and thrashing. Idiots.

With a snap of my fingers, they fell to the ground and I smirked hearing the crack of a bone or two.

"Join me." Silas croaked out, trying to push himself up but the gravity seemed to take its toll on him, pulling him back down.

"You'll become the queen of all supernaturals. We'll be invincible." The nerve of this man disgusts me. He thinks that he's smart enough to be able to manipulate me with his lies, luring me by promising a grand title as if I haven't got one already.

"Shut up." I growled, letting him raise to his feet whereas the others were still lying face plant on the ground. He staggered backwards, the gravity pull making it hard for him to swiftly regain balance and stand straight.

"Watch your men die Silas, because god knows your death is going to be far worse than theirs." I seethed, his men no longer on the ground but rather on their feet, frozen in place.

His lips turned into a grim line and before he could say anything else, I sent him flying to ram into a nearby tree and hang there, his position giving him a full view of the field.

Veronica on the other hand looked like she was about to shit in her pants, her face changing into various shades of colors. I'm keeping her till the end, I have something else in store for her.

"All of you were loyal to this monster knowing that he wanted to take innocent lives and destroy our world." I boomed, my voice heavy with authority and fierceness.

"You could've at least help me escape his layer but you didn't. For that, you wasted your one-way ticket to stay alive and you will face the consequences." I wanted to laugh at their gaping disbelieving faces.

Elijah's eyes remained on Silas, his forehead dripping with sweat and his body slightly shook. So were the rest of the men, eyes strained on their leader who was held up against a tree like the weak worm he is.

Their shouts of plea echoed entirely through the meadow and Veronica's anguish cries toped their voices. I was having none of that, blocking their concerned calls and closed my eyes concentrating on nothing but the power at hand.

The ground shook underneath me and soon the sound of cracking could be heard. I opened my eyes, my vision a thousand times clearer and focused on the men shouting profanities as they watched the ground under them splitting in half.

I spread both arms in front of me, placing them next to each other and narrowed my eyes into splits as I recalled Silas's hateful words, his voice ringing in my head as if he was whispering them right now.

I will get rid of your precious little Jace.

Like a volcano I erupted, letting out a screech as the energy felt too much to handle. The ground didn't stop shaking, and the shadowing trees broke apart, landing with a loud thud. Silas's men cried out as the soil separated, all rigid as stones.

One by one, they got swallowed into the pits of the earth, their evitable screams lowering and lowering upon falling deeper and deeper until none of them remained. All this time, I watched Silas's stunned expression, his eyes lowering to the ground for he knew this was the end.

He got beat in his own game.

For one last time, I closed my eyes and thought about the ground closing in again, and it obliged at my request sealing itself up. My eyelids fluttered open, knowing that I have yet some unfinished business to attend to. Silas and the she-bitch.

Oh how I wish Leila was here to witness this moment.

I furrowed my brows taking slow and dangerous steps toward the both of them, Veronica's shudder and Silas's gulp not going unnoticed. I debated what I should do from this point forward, a lot of options running through my head.

I wanted to torture him until he begs me to stop, keep him locked up in a rotten cell like he did to me, and then make him die a slow and painful death.

"What do you think I should do with you?" I hummed, silently enjoying Silas's squirming. I removed my gravity hold on him knowing that he could do nothing more now, and he dropped landing on his knees.

"Please! It was his fault, I had nothing to do with any of this." Veronica yelled, her voice hoarse from the crying, her eyes were puffy and red.

"You have everything to do with this." I bit out, disgusted by her pitiful act. It's like killing someone with a cold heart and after he's dead you feel some kind of remorse. I'm not in the slightest fooled by her pleas and tears, but I very well understood why she's throwing all the blame on Silas.

Her life's at stake.

"Aya, we'll put them in the dungeons for now. Go to your mate, he needs you." I turned around abruptly and met my father's hard gaze. He was fighting his inner demon for control, excluding him from his mind to think wisely.

My breath hitched at the mention of him and I looked over my father's shoulder only to see a doctor crouching down next to a lying Jace and observing his wounds, shouting at the warriors surrounding him. But what scared me the most was the fact that Jace was unconscious.

I didn't need to be told twice, running toward my mate, Silas and Veronica long forgotten. I took back the force I was applying on them and concentrated on a much more important matter at hand.

I widened my eyes in shock at the sight before me. Crouching down, I took Jace's hand in mine and squeezed, looking at his unmoving frame with so much pain, my eyes watering at the sight of him. This can't be.

"Jace." I whispered, my eyes trailing over the deep wound on his bare chest. The doctor was kneeling on his other side, trying to stop the blood flow. Something's terribly wrong, his body should heal directly after an injury.

"Why isn't he healing?" I demanded, noticing the doctor tense.

"The dagger was coated in wolfs bane and it's toxic to werewolves. We should get him back to the castle immediately." He explained, sadness flooding his eyes.

"Will he be okay?" I chocked back a sob unable to stop the tears from falling. The doctor sighed and I waited for his answer, my heart squeezing at the thought of Jace –I can't even say the word.

Dead.

"Please tell me he will be alright." I felt someone's hand on my shoulder but I didn't bother looking up.

"I will try my best, but I promise nothing." Any flicker of hope in me faded that very moment. Two warriors came in to carry Jace, but I couldn't find it in me to let go of his hand – I just couldn't. It wasn't until a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pried me away from Jace, and the warriors seized that opportunity to lift him up.

"Let me go!" I screamed, turning around to knock down the person that was holding me.

"Vixen." I breathed out instantly relaxing. It took me a few moments to calm down and when I did, I threw my hands around his shoulders and hugged him as tight as I could.

"He's going to be fine, baby girl. Jace is far stronger than you think he is." He hugged me closer and stroked my hair gently, trying to ease my pain.

"The doctor said that the dagger's coated with wolfs bane." I sniffed and pulled away to notice Vixen's worried expression.

"He will make it through. Have faith in him." I nodded stiffly and he sighed, rubbing his temples. It was then that I remembered his wound. I looked down and gasped seeing the bottom of his pants soaked in blood.

"Vixen, your leg." I shrieked, staring at the large gash over his right leg.

"Nah, it's nothing. I've had worse than this." He smiled a little though it didn't reach his eyes.

"Aya." Vixen's eyes shot up and I turn around to face my father's tender yet serious gaze.

"We have to get going princess." I nodded, linking my arm with Vixen's and helped him walk. He covered his pain very well but by the way he told me to take a walking break every two minutes or so, I knew he was hurting.

***

I paced the corridor, waiting for the doctor to come out. When we reached the castle, I was welcomed with my mom's warm embrace. She has lost some weight, the redness of her cheeks now pale and the bags under her eyes gave away her lack of sleep.

I blew out a deep breath as my mind wandered back to Jace feeling a lump form at the base of my throat. I wish I took that dagger instead of him; I wish I was there on time. Jace is in this condition because of me, I could've stopped Silas from hurting him.

"I know that look." I looked at Vixen and pursed my lips into a thin line.

"It's not your fault Aya, nothing of this is." He spoke, furrowing his brows into a strict frown.

"Vixen's right, you shouldn't blame yourself. This was bound to happen." Leila smiled sadly, her tone laced with sympathy.

I kept quiet, knowing that whatever they say, I'll never be alright unless I see Jace awake and in good condition. Leila's welcoming was much similar to my mother's, but she grabbed hold of her tears and didn't allow herself to cry since she knew that it would make me cry as well.

We waited and waited.

It wasn't for another hour that the I heard the click of the door open and I stopped dead in my tracks, my eyes plainly fixed on the man that just came out of the chamber.

Please say he's alright.

"He'll make it through." I released the breath I was holding and smiled, the tears falling down my cheek.

Tears of joy. 

Aya saved the day!

But Jace ... :( 

Don't forget to vote and comment!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.1K 35
Evelyn has lived in fear and hiding for her whole life; she yearns to one day live in peace, comfort, and happiness. All she wanted was to meet her m...
19K 420 34
"I want to claim you right here, so you know you're mine." His nose lightly traced a line down to the base of my neck. He placed a soft kiss on my sk...
290K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
25.3M 422K 46
Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a tiny heart with fear. Running and hiding...