One Shots and Shit

By boycottinglove

whoops me n my fren made these but she can't write so here I am. Also, sorry. Most of these fics are sad More

I'm Like A Lawyer (A/N)
Electric Dreams
Electric Dreams (A/N)
I Don't Feel A Thing For You
I Don't Feel A Thing For You (A/N)
What A Catch
What A Catch (A/N)
Car Crash Hearts
Car Crash Hearts (A/N)
We Don't Fight Fair
We Don't Fight Fair (A/N)

I'm Like a Lawyer

59 2 3
By boycottinglove

High school is tough. And Pete has a secret. But he has to maintain his status of being one of the coolest kids at Jefferson High. His secret? You'll find out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete walks into the lunchroom, and looks for his friends. Instantly, he sees Gerard's red hair, so he walks in that direction. There's Mikey, Gerard's little brother. Pete always tried to treat him special. And then Tyler. Pete was about to scream "Hi", but something caught his attention.

A little boy in a sweater and a fedora doodling in a notebook. He's cute, too

Wait.. Pete's not gay. Pete's not into guys. He never has been and he never will be.

Just keep walking Pete, He mutters. Go to your friends. They're waiting for you.

Even after saying that, Pete felt drawn to the little sweater boy. And suddenly, he changed directions and was walking towards him.

"Hey."

The sweater boy looked shocked that someone talked to him.

"H-hey?" It sounded like a question.

Without saying anything else, Pete got up and went to his friends. He knew they'd be asking questions, so he came up with some lies.

"Dude what was that?" Mikey says. "You're gonna make people think you're weird."

"Okay he looked lonely. I only said 'hi' and walked away so it won't affect me that much. What are we doing tonight?"

Here Tyler piped in:

"I think we should go to the bowling alley. They're having a special. For every hour after 10 pm, it's $10 a game."

"That's a pretty good deal," Gerard said. "Except none of us like bowling. Anything else?"

"We could jam out at Pete's place," Mikey suggested. "That's something everyone likes."

"That's a good idea," Pete says before standing up, stealing a glance at the doodle boy. "I'll see you guys at 7. I have study hall."

He doesn't really have study hall, but there was something stuck in his head. A tune. Some lyrics. He needed to write them down before he lost them.

He went to his locker and sat on the ground. He pulled out a notebook and ripped out a piece of paper and started scribbling things down.

Last years wishes.. this years apologies.. every time I come home

Prettier and younger.. not any better off

Pete didn't expect anyone to sneak up on him. Everyone was at lunch, doing their own thing. Well, almost everyone.

Pete sensed him before he saw him. The fedora guy. The one with the sweater and the notebook. Walking towards him.

Pete looked up right as the boy stopped to push up his glasses, his sweater sleeves giving him sweater paws.

"Hello," he said. Pete did not expect that either.

The boy plopped down in front of Pete and said "Whatchya writing?"

"Uhh, nothing, nothing. Nothing important."

"If it isn't important, can I see?"

How could Pete say no to that face? Almost reluctantly, Pete handed over the sheet of paper.

As the boy read, Pete decided to ask questions.

"What's your name? I'm Pete, by the way."

"I know. I'm Patrick. This is really good. Do you sing? Are these song lyrics?"

"Uh, thanks. No.. I don't sing, but yeah.. they are lyrics. It's kind of my secret. No one knows. Well, you do, but ya know.."

"Okay well I have to go.." Patrick stood up and walked away, almost deer-like, and Pete just stared after him.

***

Pete sat on the curb and thought.

Pete isn't into boys. He had a girlfriend. He dumped her though. She was an attention whore. She thought she was too good for anyone, and Pete proved her wrong. She lives in a box now. And Pete doesn't care.

Is there any way Pete could like Patrick? No. No way. He doesn't even know the kids last name. And he realized that as he wrote "Patrick" over and over in his notebook.

"It's Stump. Like the tree."

Pete practically jumped up. He stood and stared at Patrick, eyes wide and nearly shaking.

And all Patrick could do was laugh. Why did that make Pete so angry? Why was Patrick laughing? Before Pete realized what was happening, he was using his cigarette lighter and setting the notebook on fire. He dropped it on the ground and left.

Patrick tried not to cry. He tried really hard. But eventually the tears came, and they wouldn't stop. He had to sit down, because his tiny figure was shaking with each new sob. He liked Pete. He's liked him for a while now. And Pete noticed him. And everything was gone. And it was Patrick's fault.

An hour passed and Patrick was still sitting on the curb. He knew he had to get home.

***

Weeks pass, and Patrick doesn't talk to Pete again. Pete ignores him completely. All Patrick wants to do is say "Hi". Just one more time.

But finally, Pete says something.

"Hey."

Patrick looked up and saw an almost sympathetic face, looking down on him.

"Hey," Patrick said, acting nonchalant. Like his feelings weren't hurt. Like his heart wasn't shattered.

"Look, I'm sorry. Okay? Is that what you want to hear? But you aren't the only one upset. I'm crushing on a guy, when, for 17 years, I assumed I was straight. I've never even thought about dating a guy. But I have. I am. And I don't know what to do. So stop acting like your feelings are hurt."

Patrick didn't know what to say. He just kind of stood there, looking at Pete. But that was uncomfortable. So he decided to look down, at his shoes.

When Patrick looked up, he saw Pete holding some papers. Pete shoved the papers at Patrick. Once Patrick grabbed them, Pete stalked off.

The bell rang before Patrick could read them, so he shoved them in his locker. And there they stayed.

Eventually, Pete's anger wore off. He realized he didn't hate Patrick. He actually wanted to be friends with the nerd. Or.. maybe more? No. Not more. Friends. For now.

***
It's been exactly 16 days since Pete said he liked Patrick. 16 days since Pete last made eye contact with Patrick. 16 days since Pete gave him those papers. Those papers.. Patrick never even read them. He rushed to his locker and grabbed them.

Patrick recognized the words immediately. They were the same ones from the two weeks before, when he asked to read them.

Last year's wishes are this year's apologies
Every last time I come home
I take my last chance
To burn a bridge or two
I only keep myself this sick in the head
'Cause I know how the words get you
We're the new face of failure
Prettier and younger, but not any better off
Bullet proof loneliness at best, at best
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you, me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
Collect the bad habits that you couldn't bear to keep
Out of the woods, but I love
A tree I used to lay beneath
Kid's teeth stained red
From a sour bottle, baby girl
With eyes the size of baby worlds
We're the new face of failure
Prettier and younger, but not any better off
Bullet proof loneliness at best, at best
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you, me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you, me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
The best way to make it through
With hearts and wrists in tact
Is to realize two out of three ain't bad, ain't bad
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you, if I woke up next to you
Me and you, setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you, if I woke up next to you
Me and you, setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you honeymoon

All Patrick could mutter was "Is this a love song?"

And he got an answer. Pete was sitting next to him. When did Pete sit down?

"I came back. I'm not mad anymore. I guess I overreacted. That's a thing I do."

"Why did you give this to me?" Patrick asked, cleaning his glasses with his sweater sleeve.

"I was writing it, and I realized every word was about you. I thought of you writing it. Every day since that day in the lunchroom, I've thought about you. And now I have a question."

"Should I be worried?"

"Not unless you're afraid of relationships."

"Oh..?" Patrick knew what was coming, but how? This overly confident man is about to ask him out.

Patrick. Is. Shook.

"Do you wanna hang out later? Technically it's a date, but it doesn't have to be. Ya know, if you aren't interested. We can go as friends, if you want." Pete rushed to finish the last part. He didn't want to make the doodle boy uncomfortable. If he hasn't already.

"Yeah.. yeah I will."

"Is tonight good? I can pick you up.." Pete has never been nervous about anything. But now he is. What was wrong with him?

"Yeah that's fine. Just- uh- honk when you get to my house," Patrick felt like he was forgetting something.. "OH! Here's my address.. ya know, so you can pick me up." He quickly scribbled his address down and handed it to Pete.

Pete was laughing. Patrick had never seen him laugh. It was beautiful. The way his eyes crinkled at the corners. The way he looked genuinely happy. Patrick loved it.

"I'll see you soon my sweater friend." Pete winked as he walked off. He also smiled.

***

Pete tried to dress nicely, but all he had was jeans and black shirts. He chose his best jeans and a plain black shirt. He applied his eyeliner and fixed his hair. The same thing he always does. He grabbed his keys and walked out the door. He got in the car and started it before realizing something. He's nervous. Why? He doesn't know, but he can't screw this up.

He pulls up to the address Patrick gave him and honked. He sat for about 3 minutes before he saw his wonderful date. Patrick was wearing his fedora, like always. He had on a black sweater and his nerdy glasses. He looked adorable.

Oh man.

This is gonna be a long date. But that's okay. More time with Patrick.

Patrick walked to the passenger side and got in the black car.

"Black. Like always. That's okay. Black suits you, Mr. Emo," Patrick giggled and all Pete could do was smile.

"Well, sweater boy, where do you wanna go? We can get pizza, or we can go to that new café. Or we can go to the movies." Pete pulled out of the driveway and started towards downtown, waiting for Patrick to make up his mind.

"Let's do that café. My friend works there."

"Oh? You aren't gonna leave me for him, are you?" Pete wiggled his eyebrows and laughed when he saw the expression on Patrick's face. "I'm kidding! I'm kidding Patrick. It was a joke. Don't look so shocked."

Pete was still laughing when he saw the blush slowly creep onto Patrick's face.

"Are you blushing? You are! That's so cute!" Pete was laughing and smiling like he never had before. He felt great, and it was because of a small boy.

"No I'm not!" Patrick used his sweater sleeves to cover his face, his head buried in his lap.

"Okay blush boy. We're here. Let's go see your friend."

Pete and Patrick walked side by side into the small café. As soon as Pete got through the door, he heard someone shout Patrick's name

"Joe!" Patrick ran over to the service counter and started talking to a guy with curly brown hair.

"How's it going, man? Is that your date? He's fine.. mind if I get some?" Joe was laughing as he said everything. Patrick was also laughing. Patrick's smile.. Pete loved it.

"No! He's mine!" Patrick tried to punch Joe, but missed and almost knocked over the display case.

"Whoops.." Patrick was still laughing at his mistake before realizing he left his date at the door. Patrick walked over and grabbed Pete's hand, dragging him to a table in the corner of the restaurant.

"So.. do we actually get food here or do we just sit around staring at people?" Pete looked up at Patrick, genuinely curious.

"Well, we came for food right? So why don't we get food?" Patrick laughed as he picked up the menu and started looking at the options.

The waiter came to their table and pulled out her little notebook, ready to take their order.

"What can I get you guys?" She looked at Pete first, then quickly shifted her whole body towards Patrick. Pete didn't like her.

"Uhh I'll have the BLT with fries." Patrick looked up and smiled and then switched his gaze to Pete.

"I'll have the same." Pete tried to be nice but he had a bad feeling about that girl. She felt familiar, but he couldn't even read her name tag.

"Pete? You look like you're planning a murder. You aren't, right? You aren't gonna kill anyone?" Patrick's face changed from smiling to serious in 0.5 seconds.

Pete had to stop laughing before he could answer.

"No. I'm not planning a murder." He started laughing again when he saw Patrick's cheeks turn red.

"Are you blushing again?! Twice in an hour. I must be pretty good." Pete looked up and quickly added "It's a joke. I'm kidding."

"I knew that.. but you are a good person." Patrick smiled his best smile, letting Mr. Emo know that Patrick was having fun.

"Here's your food." The waitress plopped the plates down and quickly left, drawing the attention of almost everyone in the tiny café. And she did it all without making eye contact with Pete.

***

Months went by and Pete and Patrick became official. Patrick even moved in with Pete. Graduation came and went, and they both decided to wait a year before starting college. Everyone knew about the couple, and Pete could care less. He was in love. He was happy. And he wanted to marry this man.

He knew he couldn't do it yet. He had to wait. And so he did. For 2 and a half more years.

***

Pete yawned before he could even open his eyes. He flung his arms above his head and stretched.

Suddenly, Pete remembered something. Today, Pete and Patrick would have been dating for 3 years. Him and Patrick didn't sleep together, but they have. They didn't ~do the do~ last night, but they cuddled instead. And, in Pete's opinion, that was more than enough.

Pete looked over to see his wonderful boyfriend sleeping still. Well, Pete assumed he was asleep. His eyes were shut. So Pete got up and tip-toed to the kitchen. He was going to make a 5-Star breakfast for his one and only.

But wait.. Pete can't cook. So he decided to drive somewhere that has a relatively nice breakfast.

"Panera Bread it is." Pete said before putting on his shoes, grabbing the keys, and leaving.

This is going to take at least an hour, so hopefully Patrick doesn't wake up.

But Patrick did wake up. 15 minutes after Pete left.

"P-pete..?" He got up sleepily and rubbed his eyes. Did Pete leave him? On their three-year anniversary?

Before Patrick knew what was happening, he was breaking down. Sobbing and gasping for breath.

They went through so much. Patrick gave three years of his life to that man and he just disappeared. Patrick was heart broken.

After 25 minutes, Patrick had stopped crying. Now, he was lying on the floor, rocking back and forth.

What am I doing anymore? I lost everything. I lost my favorite person on this planet.

Patrick heard the door open and jumped up. He was shaking again. Not because he was sad, but because he was scared.

Was it Pete? That scared him even more than a burglar. Pete can't see him like this.

Finally, Patrick said something.

"W-who's there?" He tried to sound intimidating, but it clearly didn't work.

"Patrick? What's wrong?" Pete rushed into the bedroom and quickly enveloped Patrick in a hug. "What happened, Pattycakes?" Patrick was crying as his took in the smell of his boyfriend.

"Shh.. I'm here, I'm here. Don't cry, Patty." Pete's words just made Patrick cry even more.

***

After Patrick's breakdown earlier, Pete didn't leave Patrick's side. Patrick told him what happened; about how he thought he was alone. Pete assured him that he wasn't ever going to leave Patrick. Even when Patrick wants him to.

***

"Hey, get dressed! We're going somewhere!" Pete yelled across the house to Patrick, who was in the living room, watching TV, in nothing but his underwear.

"Can't I go like this? I don't wanna get up." Patrick flipped over onto his back and "ugghhhhhhhh"'d extremely loud. Loud enough for Pete to do something about it himself.

"Alrighty, here we go." Pete said as he picked up Patrick, threw him over his shoulder, and marched to their bedroom.

When they got in the room, Pete tossed Patrick onto the bed and said:

"Get dressed. Please. Tonight's gonna be special. If you get up." Pete walked away when he saw Patrick walk over to the closet.

Should Patrick wear a suit? Nah, that's Pete's thing. Patrick picked out a black sweater and a white undershirt. He put them both on and pulled on a pair of jeans, finishing with a pair of nice shoes. He grabbed his fedora and walked out, putting it on his head as he went.

He walked out to the living room to see Pete fully dressed in a suit (Patrick called it) and nice shoes. He surprisingly left his hair alone. Patrick liked it like that.

Pete smiled when he saw the pretty man walk out of the room in his sweater and fedora.

"Are you ready, fedora boy?"

"Yes, Mr. Emo, I am. Can you tell me where we're going?"

"Nope. Come on." Pete grabbed Patrick's hand and opened the door, letting Patrick walk out first.

***

When they got to the restaurant with a name Patrick couldn't pronounce, Pete parked the car and walked around to Patrick's side, opening the door and helping him out.

"This looks expensive.." Patrick said, looking at Pete cautiously. "Do you want me to help pay?"

"Patrick. We've been dating for 3 years. When have I ever let you pay? You should know better. Let's go, smol boy."

And so they walked. Pete told the cashier lady that they had a reservation, and the lady walked them to their table.

Pete pulled out Patrick's chair, just like a gentleman. When Patrick sat down, Pete walked to the other side and did the same.

They both picked up a menu and didn't say anything for 5 minutes.

"I can't pronounce half of the things on this list." Patrick said, while pointing to a picture on the menu. "I want that. Whatever it is."

"What a coincidence, I do too." Pete grabbed the bottle of champagne (so kindly provided) and poured some for the both of them.

"So Patrick. How do you feel to be dating this man (queue eyebrow-wiggling here) for three years?" Pete took a sip of his champagne and waited for Patrick to answer.

"Well.. they were the best three years of my life. You're my first boyfriend, and here we are, three years later. It's crazy isn't it? How two people can love each other so much. How their love never falters. Never fades. It's magical." Patrick smiled after saying this, and Pete knew this was the right time.

As Pete stood up, he said: "I know that my love never faltered," He walked in front of Patrick and stopped. Then, he got down on one knee and finished: "My love never faded. I've never thought about leaving you. and I don't want to. So.. Patrick Martin Stumph," Pete pulled out a tiny black box and opened it, revealing a black-banded ring, encrusted with tiny diamonds on the edges. "Will you marry me?"

Patrick couldn't even say anything before he burst into tears. Pete stood up and hugged Patrick. He thought he wouldn't get an answer until he heard a faint "yes" through sobs. Pete couldn't be happier.

***

Exactly 1 year later, Pete was putting on his best suit, getting ready to marry the man of his dreams. He was flashing back on all the happy memories he and Patrick had. The dates, the laughter, the inside jokes, the cuddling, the late-night talks. Pete wouldn't trade any of it.

Pete recited his vows as he straightened his tie, waiting for someone to tell them they were ready for him.

Eventually, someone did.

"They're ready, Pete. You look great, fyi." Pete assumed the guy was Brendon, Patrick's best man. Pete chose Tyler as his best man, but ended up inviting all his friends. Not his family, though. They don't approve of his lifestyle. Who needs them?

Pete walked to the altar and turned, waiting for his soon-to-be husband to come out.

And soon, he did. And Pete thought he was going to melt. Patrick was wearing a suit. He's never worn a suit. Pete couldn't help but stare. He was still staring when Patrick stopped in front of him.

Pete was smiling like a crazy man.

The Officiant started taking.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to share with Pete Lewis Kingston Wentz and Pa..." Pete was no longer listening. He could only think about how lucky he is. How he got so lucky. How happy he was.

Before Pete was ready, the Officaint was asking for their vows, so Pete started.

"Patrick.. I- I've loved everything about you that hurt. Things aren't the same anymore. I'm so, so happy. Sometimes, when you aren't around, I sleep with your shirts. I know that's strange. It's a strange way of saying that I love you. I've already given up on myself twice, and I don't want to anymore. Because I know how that would hurt you. I never, ever want to hurt you. I've traced your shadows on the walls and I may or may not kiss them when I'm sad. I was born under a bad sign. But you saved my life. And I love you so much for that."

Patrick wasn't crying. His eyes were sweating.

"And Patrick? Your vows?" The Officiant looked like he was near tears, too.

"I actually have something a little different planned. I want to sing my vows. Do you mind?" Patrick walked over to the band playing for the wedding and requested something so Patrick could sing.

Pete had never heard him sing. Patrick didn't even start before Pete started crying. But once Patrick did start, there was no stopping the tears.

Last year's wishes are this year's apologies
Every last time I come home
I take my last chance
To burn a bridge or two
I only keep myself this sick in the head
'Cause I know how the words get you
We're the new face of failure
Prettier and younger, but not any better off
Bullet proof loneliness at best, at best
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you, me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
Collect the bad habits that you couldn't bear to keep
Out of the woods, but I love
A tree I used to lay beneath
Kid's teeth stained red
From a sour bottle, baby girl
With eyes the size of baby worlds
We're the new face of failure
Prettier and younger, but not any better off
Bullet proof loneliness at best, at best
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you, me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
If I woke up next to you, me and you
Setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you
The best way to make it through
With hearts and wrists in tact
Is to realize two out of three ain't bad, ain't bad
Me and you setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you, if I woke up next to you
Me and you, setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you, if I woke up next to you
Me and you, setting in a honeymoon
If I woke up next to you honeymoon

Pete knew what it was. It was the song he wrote about Patrick. The song he gave Patrick in high school. Patrick kept it. That was better than anything Pete could've asked for.

***

Pete was still crying by the time the official wedding was over. The now-married couple were dancing, enjoying each other's presence. And that's it. And that's all Pete ever wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 7 52
These are just some things I write when it's late at night and I can't sleep... -first thing i've published, i'm well aware how amateur it is... if y...
62 2 3
Finally found a good way to vent my need to write by creating some short Good Omens stories and fan-made arcs. Will do requests possibly, I'm open to...
2.1K 21 9
Stan x Kyle oneshots because I have too many AU's on my mind :p Requests are always welcome! Includes: Fluff, smut, angst, lime Also I don't pull sto...
47.5K 659 25
I'm baaaaack A collection of things I wrote that I didn't publish yet PLUS new ideas yayyy This one is gonna have certain themes that aren't super po...