An Arranged Marriage (The Hob...

By MrsLegolasMalfoy

Amara is the youngest child of Elrond and Celebrian. After her mothers departure nothing is the same in Riven... More

An Arranged Marriage
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Authors note!
Chapter 12
Author's note
Author's Note
Amara
Sneak Peek #1
Authors Note:)
Sneak Peek #2
Sneak Peek #3
Author's Note
Sneak Peek #4
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Auditions! MUST READ!
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors Note
LEGOLAS STORY
Wattys 2016
Amara and Legolas
New Profile
New Story!
ALL TOO WELL
MrsLegolas2

Chapter 2

44.3K 962 1.1K
By MrsLegolasMalfoy

*Legolas POV*

"Son, she is here." My father said, walking beside me to the throne room.

I don't know why I was being forced to marry someone I barely know. If I could marry anyone it would be Tauriel. She knows me like no one ever would and maybe never will. But those wishes were long gone unless this didn't work or Tauriel and I got married in secret.

We sat on the chairs in the throne and waited and waited. I was actually quite anxious for there arrival. I've heard that no one has any beauty like Lord Elrond's kin. 

A guard burst through the door and walked up to us and bowed.

"My Lord, Lord Elrond is here with his two daughters." The guard said, standing up.

"Send them in." My father said.

The guard bowed and went to go get them. 

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked my father.

"I know it is. You will never meet someone like her. Ever." My father said.

I nodded and waited.

The doors opened and Lord Elrond came through the doors, his daughters behind him.

"Welcome, my friends." My father said, standing up.

"Hello, my dearest friend." Lord Elrond said.

"It has been awhile. Come my ladies, you must be tired from your journey." My father said.

Lord Elrond stepped out of the way to reveal two young beautiful elves.

"Lady Arwen, nice to see you." My father said walking over to the bigger one.

"As you." Arwen said back.

"Lady Amara, you have grown so much since the last time I had seen you. A real beauty you've turned into." My father said, taking her small hand and shaking it gently.

"Thank you, King Thranduil." She whispered back.

I looked at her and got a nice look at her. She was beautiful and she was very small. She couldnt be any taller than my chest. She was very delicate looking. She had really pretty eyes, nothing like I had see before. They were a bluish-green. She had dark brown hair. The dress she was wearing clung to her body, fitting it perfectly.

"Amara, this is my son, Legolas." My father said, guiding her to me.

I stood up and bowed.

"Its nice to finally meet you, Lady Amara." I said taking her hand.

"As well as you, Prince Legolas." She said, blushing slightly. Her blush was cute and made my heart do flips.

I couldn't stop staring at her eyes. 

She finally broke the stare and took her hand back, placing it by her side.

"I'll let you go settle in, Amara. We can all meet for dinner in an hour." My father said and the throne room cleared out.

"I'll see you at dinner." I whispered to her. 

She looked back at me, her cheeks turned a bright red and she nodded and followed one of the maidens and Arwen.

*Amara's POV*

Wow.

Oh my gosh.

He is something.

I couldn't place it, but he is something.

Arwen bumped my shoulder and raised her eye brows.

"Okay, just because I blushed a little doesn't mean I like him." I said quickly.

"Oh I know, but you were as red as the autumn leaves." She said back.

"Yeah right." 

"Okay my little sister, whatever you say." Arwen said.

"My Lady here is your room." The maiden said bowing.

"Thank you." I said, smiling at her as she walked away.

I walked into my new room. There was a balcony that was over looking the shooting ranges and the wall to keep trouble out of the kingdom. Over the wall was the forest, and I was definitely going to get away over there sometime.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Arwen said walking beside me.

"Yes." I whispered still looking at the view.

"I know your devious plans to escape there at times, but remember Amara you are not in Rivendell anymore. Dol Guldur is in Mirkwood and orcs wonder these woods all the time. King Thranduil sends his men out there to check things out and kill anything unusual." Arwen said.

"I don't care." I said.

She sighed and sat down on the queen size bed in the middle of my room.

I began to unpack and put things where I wanted them to go.

After that me and Arwen were done and talking about random things.

"So when do you think you'll be married?" She asked.

"I dont even know if I'm getting married." I said to her.

"Oh never mind with you, you probably will soon. I'll just talk to father about it." She said.

"Good luck." I said back.

Knock!

We both shot up and ran to the door.

I opened it slowly and saw a tall women standing outside my door. She had red hair and green eyes. She was dressed in armor looking as if she was a guard.

"Ladies, dinner is ready." She said, before storming away.

Me and Arwen exchanged looks and walked out of the room, finding our way down into the dining room.

We bowed and sat down. Thranduil was head of the table and my father at the other. Arwen and I were next to each other and the lady who came to get us was seated next to Legolas, who was also across from me.

It was a smaller dining table, then the usual one I've heard King Thranduil had.

I was eating and making small conversation with Arwen. Every once in awhile I would look up at Legolas.

"So Tauriel, I've invited you to dinner with us so you can catch me up on things in the forest." Thranduil said.

"Yes my lord, there weren't any orcs, but I fear that Dol Guldur will soon release them to go all over Middle Earth and some will be traveling this way." Tauriel said.

"Thank you Tauriel. Next month you plan to go around the same time?" He asked.

"Yes, my Lord." She said.

"And I plan to go with her." Legolas said, looking at his father.

Thranduil remained silent for a moment. "Alright, just be careful out there." Thranduil said.

Legolas nodded and we began to eat.

"So Elrond, when do you plan on departing?" Thranduil asked.

"Bright and earlier tomorrow morning, if that be well with you, Thranduil. I must take Arwen to Lothlorien. She is to stay there while the white council is visiting Rivendell." My father said.

"I was hoping you'd stay longer, but the white council must not be put on hold." Thranduil said.

"Oh yes, it should not." Father said.

 They talked about different things, and how Middle Earth was coming into some type of change. There was worried talk about something in Dol Guldur. After dinner everyone cleared out and Arwen and I went back up to my room to avoid the worried talk between my father, Thranduil, Legolas, and Tauriel, who I found out was captain of the guard here in Mirkwood.

"I think you'll adjust nicely here." Arwen said.

"I was thinking the same thing. I just miss Rivendell though. I mean Autumn is my favorite time of the year, but so it late Spring and early Summer. I feel it is going to be warm and suffocating here. Sometimes I might need to go on a walk and clear my head. I want the waterfalls that Rivendell had to be here. The little ponds that you can find there to be here as well." I said.

"Amara, soon you won't worry about all of that. Home sickness doesn't last forever." Arwen said.

"I know, but what about when you're gone. I'll have no one to talk to or even have these conversations with. No one is going to be there." I said.

"Okay, well you have to make friends, meet new people. I'll send you letters and we'll write to each other, I promise." Arwen said kissing my forehead. 

"Now rest Amara, tomorrow we need to wake up early so you can be there when me and father leave." She said.

I nodded and walked over to the closet, pulling out my white nightgown and changing. 

When I was finished I laid down in bed and fell fast asleep.

*Next Morning*

I woke up the next morning and felt great after last nights sleep.

I hurried and took a quick bath and got dressed. I wore a  green dress that had a gold belt around the waist. I braided some of my hair into three braids and then put them all into one and let the loose hairs hang down. I made sure I had on my mothers necklace and ran down the stairs to the dining room.

Sure enough everyone was already there. My father and Thranduil were in a private conversation, and Arwen, Tauriel, and Legolas were in their own.

I sat down next to Arwen and grabbed a strawberry. 

"I thought you would be sleeping forever, my little sister." She said, with a huge smile on her face.

"I had no intention too." I said back to her.

"Tauriel, how did you become the guards captain?" Arwen asked. 

Arwen knew how to fight and so did I, but our father never let us out to battle because he wanted to keep us safe. It was understandable, because of what happened to our mother.

"Well Thranduil looked over me for about 600 years, so I learned all I could about fight from him. It was a challenge at times, but I learned and I worked hard to get where I am." She said.

"That is amazing. I am talented with a sword, and so is Amara, but she feels more comfortable with a bow and arrow then anything else." Arwen said.

"You shoot?" Tauriel asked.

"Yes, I have been since I could first pick one up." I told her.

"Wow, you should come join me sometime, out on the shooting ranges. We would have so much fun." Tauriel said.

I nodded and smiled at her.

"Arwen, 10 minutes and we leave." Elrond said.

I looked at Arwen and her smile dropped, as did mine.

We finished eating and the maidens came and cleaned them up. I knew how much I was dreading this moment. Arwen would leave to Lothlorien to stay with our grandparents, Galadriel and Celebourn, and I would have to stay here, alone.

I walked over to the front gates towards my father and sister.

"Amara, you are my youngest and most innocent. I saw a great thing in your future and thought this would be best for you. I know my decision may seem a bit harsh and you might not understand it now, but in the years to come you will support and love mine and Thranduil's idea for this to happen. If you ever need me just send word and I will come. I love you so much." My father said hugging me and kissing my forehead.

"I love you too, Ada." I said back.

He let go and went to say his goodbyes to Thranduil and Legolas.

Arwen came over to me.

"Can you promise me one thing?" Arwen asked. 

"Depends on what it is." I said.

"Don't do anything reckless. I know how you are, your curiosity overcomes your smartness at times." She said.

"Okay, I won't." I said.

"Better not." She replied, before hugging me.

"You've always been the baby of the family and I was always with you no matter where we went, and now you're being given away to another." Arwen said.

"I'll be fine. I promise, just don't worry about me and as soon as you get to Lothlorien, you better message me or I'll be one angry little sister." I said.

"Oh, I know you will." She said.

"I love you Arwen and we will see each other soon." I said as I hugged her.

"I know, I know. And I love you too. Ill see you soon." She said, hugging me back.

She walked over to Thranduil and Legolas to bid them farewell and I sat and watched as everything was being loaded unto the horses that would carry them to the edge of Mirkwood. 

*Legolas POV*

I know that saying goodbye to her family would be a hard thing for her. She didn't look like she was ever left on her own before. 

While Elrond was talking to my father, Arwen came over to me.

"Goodbye, Prince Legolas. It was nice to see you again. I just ask one favor of you, if I may." She said with a worried tone. I think she was afraid I was going to say no, no matter what it was.

"Yes, Arwen ask away." I said.

"My little sister means the world too me and I love her dearly, but she is a bit reckless at times. Can you keep an eye on her? You don't have to watch her every move just check in on her from time to time. Please?" She asked.

"Of course." I said.

"Thank you." She breathed a sigh of relief and said her goodbyes.

She walked over to my father and said her goodbyes there as well and walked away with Lord Elrond.  

I am going to keep my promise to Arwen and make sure nothing happened to Amara, as long as she was here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 9K 51
Celebríel is the first-born daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebrían, though her parentage is not easily recognized. Unlike her other siblings, she...
217K 9.9K 41
***BOOK II of the To Live Again Saga*** Clara has overcome much to finally find her happily ever after...but when is anything happily ever after in M...
34K 711 26
Awarthrie was the only child of Kili and Tauriel, raised by Glóin. She hates the shinny pointy eared tree-hugging bastards. The apparent enmity betwe...
165K 6.2K 52
People say that death is not the end. For Evelyn, it's not. After battling cancer for almost four years, death is something that this nineteen year o...