Halo: Awake and Alive (Book 2...

By SangheiliQueen

This is part 2 to Halo: Twisting Fate WARNING: this involves violence and gore and other serious matters. (Ob... More

MESSAGE FROM AUTHOR PLEASE READ
Feed the monster
Let destiny decide
Trust comes with a cost
Isolated
Revival
Distraught
Attention
Let it out
Trust in me
Bria's dream
Reunite
Reunite pt 2
Her demise
Slumber
Light
Darkness
"do we have a deal?"
4 years later...
MESSAGE FROM AUTHOR (PLEASE READ)

The thing she can't control

900 27 14
By SangheiliQueen

"Why would you do that?!" Thel had yelled at her.

Bria fell on her knees.

She messed up. She almost killed him.

"I... I..." Bria stuttered under her breath. She was shaking uncontrollably.

"Bria get up." He said to her.

The power inside of her stirred up even more.

"You need to go, now!" She looked up at him.

"I will not go anywhere. Get up." He said.

She gritted her teeth. She knew he was going to get hurt if he didn't leave soon. And the fact that she was getting frustrated didn't help.

"Leave!" She yelled a second too late. Her power developed a spear-like object that penetrated through his heart.

"No!" She screamed.

He fell over dead.

And Bria woke up gasping. She looked around and noticed she was still in her living quarters.

What a horrible nightmare. She thought as she ran her fingers through her hair.

How could that happen? What if it did happen?

That's why she fled in the first place. But she wasn't that idiotic now. All the help she could get was right here.

She stood up from the bed and put on a different outfit. She went out of her living quarters.

As she was walking and looking around, she wondered where the Swords would've made camp here. She looked and looked around. 

People would give her odd looks. Which she didn't mind. She knew that they knew that she had those powers. Some of them looked fearful of her, trying to avoid her.

Finally, she saw an Elite. If she remembered correctly it looked like Uzse. The Elite that accompanied Vale at the formal last time she was there.

"So the mystery girl has appeared." He said as she approached him. "You caused quite a stir may I add."

She really didn't have time to talk about her mishap with that so-called commander.

"Do you know where Arbiter is?" She asked. After that dream she had about him, she couldn't get him off her mind.

"Training. Did you wish to speak to him?" He asked.

"No. No. I um... I just wanted to make sure he was okay." She crossed her arms over her chest.

He gave her a weird look.

"Thank you." She bowed her head and walked the other way.

She noticed as she was walking away, a woman in a white lab coat staring at her. Bria continued to walk, looking down.

"Excuse me?" The lady had said.

Bria looked up at her. "Y-yes?"

The woman approached her. "Doctor Missy Young, how are you?" She held out her hand for Bria to shake.

Bria shook her hand. "O-okay."

"I know you probably have a lot of troubles at the moment. But I've been talking with some people, and we've all agreed that you'll be great for the next mission." She said.

"Really?" Bria's eyebrows raised.

The doctor nodded. "Your powers must be incredible. We can use them to our advantage." She said.

Bria sighed and crossed her arms. "I... I really don't know how to control them." She said.

"Don't worry. I can help you with that." She smiled.

"R-really? You can?" Bria was shocked.

"Yes. I can do some experiments. Find out what triggers it. See how accurate it is. That's if you're up for it." She said.

"Yes!" Bria grinned.

"Great! Follow me this way." She started walking. Bria hesitated at first but soon followed.

She leads her into a bright room with one chair in the center. With one window on one of the walls.

"This room is pretty much everything proof. If things get... Let's say, out of control then everything else will be safe." She said.

Bria nodded.

"Just take a seat in the chair, please."

Bria sat in the chair. The lady left the room but Bria saw her on the other side of the window.

"Okay. Can you demonstrate your powers for me?" She asked over an intercom.

Bria clasped her hands in her lap. "I can't summon them on command..." She said.

"Very well. Let's see what triggers it." The doctor said.

Suddenly a Heavy machine gun popped right in front of her. Bria held up her hands as she heard bullets fly by her. But she didn't get hurt.

Bria looked up and notices the purple fire in front of her.

It shielded her.

Bria's eye grew as she saw the fire in front of her.

"Impressive." The doctor said. "Your eyes are a completely different color."

Bria stood up from the chair and looked at the fire swirling around her hand.

"Let's bring in some targets."

Metal targets began to drop one by one in the room.

Bria's heart began to race. She lifted her hand and a pulse of purple fire ran through her hand, to the target, and exploded it into pieces.

She smirked.

She hit another target and crushed it. She continued to fight targets for a long time.

Until she felt weak.

Her body ached, forcing her to stop. But Bria couldn't deactivate the power. A violent wind started to form around her.

"Calm down, sweety..." She heard the doctor. But the wind grew more and more violent.

Bria began to panic. The wind pushed her down. She tried to calm herself but failed.

"You're going to be okay." Her mind flashed back to her sister sitting in her hospital bed.

"Beth you need to hide!" Bria's mind then flashed to the day that AI possessed Elite attacked.

"Bria, mom... And dad..." Her sister cried.

"It's okay. You just need to hide." Bria hid under the bed as her sister Elizabeth hid under the table.

They were silent. Beth was still crying. The Elite walked into the room. He soon found Beth.

Bria covered her mouth preventing her from screaming.

Suddenly Bria saw a flash of white. She was back in reality. The wind had stopped, she was still on the floor.

She looked up and was surprised at what she saw.

"T-Thel?" She looked up at him. His hand was on her shoulder. He looked at her with concern on his face.

She tried to stand up, but her knees were so weak.

"I will get you out of here." He helped her up and supported her.

"I'm so sorry." The doctor said.

Thel got defensive. "You shouldn't experiment on her when she doesn't know what she's doing!"

"I-I'm sorry. I just needed to see if she was ready for combat." The Doctor said.

"Look at her!" Both Thel and the Doctor looked at her. "She's weak! Every time she uses her power, it kills her slowly." He yelled.

"Thel... I'm fine..." Bria held her ribs.

"You're obviously not. I'm taking you to go rest." He and Bria left.

He took her back to her living quarters and sat her on her bed. He then walked to the other side of the room.

"You're mad at me..." Bria said.

Thel didn't respond.

"I'm trying to control it, I swear." Bria started crying. "I'm so sorry. I'm just so scared." She sobbed in her hands.

Thel came up beside her. "I'm not upset with you." He put his arms around her and tangled his fingers in her hair. "I am just worried."

"I want to think everything's okay and I just have a problem. Be the truth is... I'm dying..." She said.

"I understand your pain." He said.

Bria froze for a minute. "What are we becoming? Thel, we are such good friends but over the year I felt like things change." She said.

He was quiet for a minute. "I don't want to think that..." He said.

"Neither do I..." Bria sighed.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be distant." He still held on to her.

"No, I understand. You're busy with the Swords." She took a breath. "I just... Miss you..."

She grabbed his hand. No more words were shared. And it wasn't awkward. Bria just felt comfortable knowing he was there, sitting across from her. She eventually fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 337 22
Arbiter x Female Human ⚠️Adult Content This is the next part to Halo: Into the Shadow. After her arrival in Sanghelios, Nuray will be involved in a s...
18.1K 722 13
A sellsword with a haunting past that follows her every day. Only a handful of people know about it. Every day, her life hangs in a thread. Can she h...
31 0 12
Unable to escape her impending union, while others may view it as luck or chance, Sophia Lenora knows deep down that this is the only future she coul...
36K 760 18
(Side note: this is a Halo fan story and will not follow the lore at all. Plus I do not own anything from Halo.) WARNING: this involves violence and...