I'll Be Home For Christmas

By eforelement

We've all seen the cheesy Hallmark movies at Christmas time. Well this is pretty much one of those cheesy mov... More

December 1st
December 2nd
December 3rd
December 4th
December 5th
December 6th
December 7th
December 8th
December 9th
December 10th
December 11th
December 12th
December 13th
December 14th
December 15th
December 16th
December 17th
December 18th
December 19th
December 20th
December 21st
December 22nd
December 23rd
December 24th
December 25th
December 26th
December 27th
December 28th
December 30th
December 31st
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3

December 29th

3.1K 173 6
By eforelement

"It was weird not waking up to you this morning." Harry said as Piper let him into her apartment.

"Yeah it was weird for me too." She said sadly. "Although it was nice to not have to worry about snoring." She chuckled.

"It was nice to have more than a mere sliver of the edge of the bed." Harry shot back.

"Mr. Styles!" Piper gasped. "Are you saying I'm a bed hog?" She asked, dramatically clutching her chest.

"Your words, not mine." He smirked. "I will say, though, that on more than one occasion I look over your shoulder and see at least a fourth of the bed free." He laughed.

"I like snuggling up to you. It's not my fault you always seem to run away." She shrugged.

"I get hot." He defended. "I get hot, scoot over to cool down and you follow me, which results in a lot of the bed being free." He explained.

"Eh, what can I do?" She asked. "You're comfy." She said and he laughed.

"You're taking down the Christmas decorations?" He asked noticing the garland was neatly wrapped in a box and some of the ornaments were laying on the coffee table.

"Unfortunately I am. Saddest part of Christmas time, realizing it's over." She nodded. "I have to get everything cleaned up before my flight." She mumbled. "That and the tree pick up service comes by tomorrow."

"Oh." When they were in Holmes Chapel, Harry was almost able to forget that she was leaving, except for yesterday when it was all but shoved in his face. Now that they were faced with the harsh reality back in London, it was hitting him like a ton of bricks.

"Yeah." She said sadly.

"Do you want some help?" He offered.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She smiled at him. They worked in a seamless silence as they took down and boxed up the ornaments and garland.

"I'd like to take these ornaments if you don't mind." Harry said eyeing the box at his feet. "I'll put them on my tree next year." He said.

"Are you actually going to have a tree next year?" Piper asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"I think I will." He smiled at her. She smiled at him and nodded triumphantly, happy with herself that she'd gotten him to not hate Christmas as much.

"Careful, some might actually think you were able to get into the Christmas spirit this year. What would that do to your grinch reputation?" She teased.

"Oi, I do not have a grinch reputation. I just don't celebrate as heartily as some do." He said pointedly looking at her.

"Well, in all fairness, not many people do celebrate as heartily as I do. I was pretty darn tame this year, being in a different country and with new people. I am definitely much more in the holiday spirit." She said.

"Really? Don't tell me you toned it down for me." He shook his head. "I'd like to see you in your element." He said. He imagined just how far she typically went at Christmas time.

"One Christmas I'll show you." She promised.

"I'm holding you to that you know." He said.

"Good." She smiled. She liked that they were making promises to spend more time together. It meant that neither of them were ready for this, whatever it was, to be over; despite the obvious obstacles to come.

"Alright well I'm starving so what do you say to food after we're done here? I can finally cook you something." He suggested.

"Woah, First you're admitting to enjoying Christmas and now you're actually going to cook something? What's next? Are you going to serenade me during dinner?" She asked.

"Absolutely not." He deadpanned. Piper broke out into loud giggles as she imagined him singing as they are their dinner.

"I could definitely get used to this." Harry smiled as they ate the spaghetti he'd prepared.

"Yeah...I could to." She smiled.

"I really am going to miss you Piper." He said. He realized that it was the first time he actually told her instead of just assuming she knew.

"I'm going to miss you too Harry. I wish I didn't have to go."

"Me too. I really like you and I'd like to give this," he said motioning between them, "a try. I realize it'll be difficult being separated but it's worth a shot. Don't you think?" He asked hesitantly. He'd feel like a class A idiot if she said anything different.

"Of course. I just...is it logical?" She asked.

"Well thank god we've advance since carrier pigeons." He smirked.

"You know what I mean!" She laughed.

"I know I know. Will it be easy? No, but it'll definitely be worth it. I don't want to just give up without even trying." He said.

"Can we discuss it some more a bit later, I want to enjoy this wonderful spaghetti you prepared for us." She said.

"Excuse me, I put my blood, sweat, and tears into this!" He exclaimed.

"Well if you'd been paying attention while cutting the tomatoes you wouldn't have been bleeding. Also, it was your idea to put onions in the sauce so it's also your fault you were crying." She said.

"No sympathy for the chef. Tough customer." He said shaking his head.

"It's a good thing the chef is kinda cute though." She said. Harry smirked and moved their plates onto the coffee table and began attacking her with tickles.

"Can I stay here tonight?" Harry asked as she put the last dish on the mat to dry.

"Even if it means you only get a sliver of the bed?" She teased. Honestly, she'd take his snoring and warm body over an empty bed any night.

"Even if I only get a sliver. At least I've got you tucked into my side." He said pulling her closer to him.

"I'd ask if you've always been this charming, but I already know this answer to that." She giggled.

"Oh? Who told you that?" He asked.

"Mary Sullivan. Apparently you were quite popular when you were a teenager. Had all the girls swooning over you. Even her daughter thought you were a looker." Piper said.

"Really? Samantha Sullivan thought I was cute? Man if only I had known, I'd have gone for it. She was hot!" He exclaimed. "Not that it matters now, I've got you and she's married." He said looking down at her. He wasn't sure how much he really had her, but she sure had him.

"Mhm...have a thing for older women?" She teased.

"The limit is my mum's age." He said nonchalantly. He was briefly worried about her reaction but relaxed upon seeing her laugh and shake her head.

"Hey if that tickles your fancy, go for it." She laughed.

"Not just my fancy they tickle." He smirked. He laughed as she shoved him away from her with a sound of disgust.

"You are too much sometimes." She shook her head.

"Oh come on, that was funny." He said.

"Must be a guys type of joke." She said.

"See, this is what I'm talking about. We could fit another person into the bed with us." He said motioning behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw there was indeed enough room for her to roll over. She just didn't want to.

"I didn't know you'd be up for adding a third person." She laughed. "Maybe I'll invite the guy down the hall from here. He gave me a look when I walked past him." She said.

"Never in a million years." He grumbled. He never was good with sharing and he wasn't going to start with Piper.

"Don't worry, there are no plans." She shook her head. Harry grumbled a bit and pulled her even closer.

"Good."

"I'm surprised you're willingly subjecting yourself to this." She said as he grunted.

"I just want to spend as much time with you before you leave." He mumbled as they shuffled into a more comfortable position. They ended up with Harry on his back and Piper halfway laying on top of him.

"I like that idea." She said. She didn't want to think about what would happen once she left for home, she just wanted to enjoy the time they had left together.

"I'm pretty sure I love you." He said all but asleep. Piper's eyes popped open as she turned to look at him but he was already asleep. She probably resembled a fish with the amount of times she was opening and closing her mouth as she tried to think of what to say. There was no way he could love her back. Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 2.7K 75
*COMPLETED* Short imagines about Harry Styles! ( Some of these are from tumblr, giving them full credits.) •FLUFF/CUTE IMAGINES •NO SMUT
80.2K 1.1K 8
[MATURE CONTENT / 18+ ] A collection of Harry Styles one-shots.
6.6K 155 5
"I know we're sloshed but, I've been thinking," he started carefully. She giggled at his words, but didn't stop him, so he continued. "About what you...