The Family (IV)

By boss_baby_

BOOK 4. The Family series. WARNING: This part is darker than the rest. ORIGINAL. More

1: The Heir
2: Strauss Siblings
3: Past Made Known
4: Invel Yura
5: Purple
6: The Two
7: Pain and Pleasure
8: Memory
9: The Contract
10: Letter
11: The Threat
13: Next Generation
14: Mother
Lucas Natheo Dragneel
15: Until The Toll Is Paid
16: She's Clean
17: Purple Flower
18: Loved By Everyone
19: Loyalty
20: Two to The Heart. One to The Head
21: Know No Peace
22: Not Allowed to Die
23: Choice To Make
24: It's Beautiful
La Familia
RESPECT PLEASE
Note From Boss
NEWS

12: Family or Not

5.7K 189 101
By boss_baby_

NATSU'S OFFICE

Lucy held Lucas in her arms.

She was sitting on the leather chair by the desk, looking down at her baby boy's face.

He was sleeping peacefully in his mother's embrace.

That day, Natsu called for the presence of some of the members of the Family. The ones he trusted enough to inform about the threat.

Among them were Laxus, Gray, Gajeel, Lyon and Rogue. Of course his brother, Zeref, was there as well.

When they were told about the letter, there was only one thing they thought in common:

Whoever this person was, he or she must be hating this life so much and couldn't wait to get to the next one. You know, the Afterlife.

"Keep this matter from the others," Natsu said seriously as he leaned against the desk table, eyeing his people in front of him, "I don't want anyone being suspicious of one another."

They all understood what he meant. If word got out about a traitor being among them, things could get worse and might lead to conflicts. Exactly what the traitor would want.

"Who would make an enemy out of you?" Gajeel started as he shook his head in disbelief, "I mean come on, who would want to mess with the Father of the Japanese mafia?"

"Exactly. Nobody is smart enough to even think about it," Gray added.

"It has to be him."

They all turned to Laxus who was standing by the door, arms folded in his chest. The way he spoke, he sounded so sure. And his eyes, no trace of doubt in them.

"Invel," he continued.

Lyon sighed, he was thinking the same thing,

"Well, he has been behaving like an asshole lately. Completely different From the Yura that you did business with before."

"Can't say I don't believe you," Rogue agreed as he nodded.

All of them turned quiet after that.

Each of them thinking of the possibility that it could be the ex-contractor.

Then a quiet voice sounded,

"What if..."

Lucy started, getting all of their attention. Natsu turned to look at her, anticipating what she had to say next.

"...What if it's someone else?"

"I can't seem to find someone gutsy enough inside the compound to threaten the heir," Rogue answered, rubbing his chin as he was in deep thought.

"What about Lisanna?" Lyon proposed, "I'm not trying to say she would do something like this, but... at this point anyone is a suspect."

Now that all of them have given their own thoughts on the matter, Natsu turned to the one who has been keeping quiet the whole time.

"What do you think, brother?"

His eyes now fixed on Zeref who was staring into nothingness.

Whenever he was like this, it could only mean one thing, he was busy putting the pieces together. Getting his mind to work its magic. Natsu knew he had his 'intelligence factory' going on.

"We have not made an enemy with any of the other Families...but..." he started.

The word 'but' only escalated their eagerness to know.

"...what about the Chinese man from before?"

They all went into deep thought for a moment, except for Natsu. Somehow he had the idea that the Chinese had something to do with it.

It isn't really new that he and his brother sometimes had the same thoughts in their brains.

"Could be possible, yes," Lyon agreed as he slowly nodded his head.

"It's not entirely wrong to think that the traitor and Chinese Head could be connected," the older Dragneel stated.

Natsu straightened up, shoving his hands into his pockets. 

"I want someone to go to China undercover," he said as he turned to Eucliffe.

He wasn't asking, he was ordering.

"Send someone to spy on the Chinese Family," he continued, "Find out if they have something to do with this fucking matter."

Rogue gave him a nod,

"I will arrange for it right away. Rufus Lore is fit for this job."

Just as the discussion was at the peak of the tension, they heard Lucas yawn.

All turned to the boy whose eyes were still closed as Lucy held him. 

"Look at that," Gray chuckled, "Sleeping so soundly while everyone around him is worrying for his safety."

"He's too vulnerable," Gajeel added.

Lucy looked at the men in front of her. She could tell the boy meant a lot to them. She knew they cared for the heir; they were like uncles to him.

"Lucas' birthday is coming," she started, "I want all of you to keep your eyes open."

"I have it under control. Security will be as tight as it should be," Laxus assured her.

And once again, silence visited the room.

A sigh came out of Zeref's mouth,

"Who would try to hurt such a little angel?"

His eyes looked worried as he stared at his nephew.

"Someone who can't wait to die and go to hell."

Natsu answered.

.

.

Now that everyone was dismissed,

Only the direct family was left in the room; Natsu, Lucy, and little Lucas.

As if on cue that the meeting was finished, Lucas finally opened his eyes. Blinking several times.

He was now awake.

Lucy slowly stood up and placed him on the chair.

"Mother will go get milk, okay?" she said, smiling sweetly at her boy.

He only nodded sluggishly, still with tired eyes.

Natsu just stood there. Watching his family intently. What could be more precious than this that he'd burn an entire country down?

Before Lucy walked towards the door, she stopped in front of Natsu.

Sadness written all over her face.

"If something happens to our baby," she stared straight into his eyes, "Family or not, I want you to kill the person."

As he listened, he looked at her with onyx orbs that showed no weakness.

He cupped her face as he spoke,

"I will keep the promise I made. Trust in me."

With that, he kissed her forehead,

"Now go get the milk and don't keep Lucas waiting," he said with a trace of playfulness in his voice to try and cheer her up.

Well, she managed to give him a smile even though it was a sad one.
Then she left him with their son.

.

Waiting for her to come back, Natsu went towards the chair.

Soon, when Lucas is all grown up, he will be the one sitting on that leather chair. Running the Family like his father. Natsu had no doubt that he was going to be a good Head. But until that day, he will have to protect him with everything he's got.

With everything his power can provide.

Natsu had to bend his tall figure so that he was a level closer to Lucas.

"How was your nap, hm?" he asked as he placed a kiss on the boy's cheek.

Lucas gave a smile across his flush tinted cheeks.

But it soon faded.

Natsu noticed this.

He lifted the boy up and held him in his arms.

"What's the matter?"

At first, Lucas was quiet, hesitant to speak.

"Mother...mother is sad," his voice gentle.

This caught Natsu off guard.

He went silent. It was obvious to him that Lucy was worrying, but he didn't expect that even Lucas could see it.

However, the boy was oblivious of the fact that it was all about him.

"Why would you think that?"

Now Lucas didn't look like he was going to hold back thoughts anymore.

"Her eyes," he started,

"Somebody is making mother sad."

Natsu tightened his firm arms around Lucas,

"What would you want me to do to that 'somebody'?"

He stared deeper into his father's orbs as he answered,

"Scold him."

"Scold him?" Natsu clarified.

The boy slightly shook his head as if changing his mind.

So he answered again,

"Punish him."

And this time, Lucas' voice sounded a little too serious.

For a moment, Natsu kept still. The way the boy was acting, it reminded him of himself.

A smirk appeared on his lips,

"Don't worry. Father will do more than just 'punish' him."

.

.

KITCHEN

Kinana was preparing food.

With Mirajane unwell, she was the substitute cook of the Family.

As she was placing freshly seasoned meat on the kitchen isle, the bronze double doors opened, revealing Lisanna.

She could tell the silver-haired was hesitating on whether to approach her or not.

"What is it, Lisanna?" she asked sweetly.

"Ummm..."

"Don't be shy. It's just the two of us," Kinana giggled.

Strauss walked closer to her, looking at the kitchen utensils spread on the granite isle.

"C-Could you teach me...teach me how to bake?" she stuttered. She was never a good cook like her sister.

"My, I wasn't expecting that."

"W-Well you see... I was planning to make Lucas his favorite chocolate cake for his birthday."

"Oh!" Kinana brightened up at what she said, "Of course."

Over the past few days, she noticed that Lisanna has become quite close to the heir. Lucas was fond of her too.

A relieved smile painted Lisanna's pale face.

Lucas was going to love this cake.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.8K 3K 15
Four girls love stories got tangled with each other and it's the best adventure any one of them could ever have. [ FT Fanfiction] GOING ON MAJOR EDIT...
2.5K 106 13
Natsu and Lucy's daughter, Nashi learns the harsh reality of being a part of a mafia family when her mother is taken by an old enemy while trying to...
284K 6.1K 22
BOOK 2. The Family series. ORIGINAL.
4.8K 125 25
This is a story of when the fairy tail wizards all grow into adults getting marries and of course having children, they soon grow up to become a grou...