I'll Be Home For Christmas

By eforelement

We've all seen the cheesy Hallmark movies at Christmas time. Well this is pretty much one of those cheesy mov... More

December 1st
December 2nd
December 3rd
December 4th
December 5th
December 6th
December 7th
December 8th
December 9th
December 10th
December 11th
December 12th
December 13th
December 14th
December 15th
December 16th
December 17th
December 18th
December 19th
December 21st
December 22nd
December 23rd
December 24th
December 25th
December 26th
December 27th
December 28th
December 29th
December 30th
December 31st
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3

December 20th

3.5K 180 11
By eforelement

"I did it!" Harry said sitting next to his sister on the couch. They both watched Michal and Anne run around in the snow in the backyard with the girls for a moment. "Why aren't you out there with them?" He asked.

"Too cold for my taste. Besides, he doesn't get to spend much quality time with them cause of work." She said without lookin away. "What did you do?"

"I told Piper how I felt. Sort of." He smiled to himself as Gemma let out a smile and squeak of happiness.

"Proud of you! Did you kiss her?" She asked gripping his arm and shaking him.

"Will you keep it down? I don't want to tell the whole neighborhood." He grumbled.

"First of all, my voice was hardly raised and secondly, it would do the neighborhood some good to know you are actually capable of smiling and feeling joy." She rolled her eyes.

"I've been smiling and laughing the whole time we've been here, what are you talking about?" He frowned.

"Maybe inside the house, but not so much on the outside." Gemma shrugged. "So...did you kiss her?"

"We may have...we may not have." He blushed.

"Ooooh you so kissed her. Did she kiss you back? Did she slap you?"

"Why are you so interested in seeing me get hurt?" Harry questioned.

"Comes with the territory of being an older sibling I think." She smirked at him.

"Remember that when Poppy is interested in Tabby getting hurt. Although, my little flower would never do such a thing." Harry said. "But yes, we kissed." He relented.

"Damn...that means I owe mum £20. Money well spent." She said slapping her knee.

"You two made a bet on me and Piper?" He deadpanned.

"Alright yeah, but I had a thought process to it. Hear me out." Gemma said quickly. "Whenever I make a bet with mum I always end up losing so therefore, I did some reverse psychology on it and bet against you when really I was betting for you!" She said tracing loops with her fingers as she tried explaining it.

"You lost me." Harry said shaking his head.

"Both mum and I wanted you and Piper to admit your feelings somehow yeah?" He nodded. "Alright and whenever I make a bet with mum I always lose yeah?" Again he nodded. "So I turned it around by betting mum that you two wouldn't admit your feelings for each other with the hope of losing again which would mean that you two would admit your feelings for each other." She concluded.

"I see." He said.

"So really, I was doing you a favor. You're welcome." She grinned at him.

"Can't believe you and mum made a bet." He said shaking his head.

"So what happens now? Between you and Piper I mean."

"I don't know." Harry shrugged.

"Why don't you ask her on a date?" Gemma suggested.

"A date?"

"Yeah...you know, that thing that two people who like each other romantically go on in order to get to know each other better." She said sarcastically.

"Oi, enough of that." He said playfully shoving her shoulder. Suddenly the door to the backyard burst open and little Tabitha cane running in, unaffected by the snow she was tracking in.

"Piper Piper Piper!" She yelled running past them. Both siblings looked behind them and saw Piper coming down the stairs.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Piper said just barely catching the toddler barreling into her.

"Want to build snow angels with you." Tabitha said.

"Snow angels? We can do that. I'll have you know I love making snow angels. I need to grab my coat though." She smiled down at her. Piper couldn't wait to have her own children, well she could because she wasn't necessarily in a place for them at the moment, but she definitely knew she wanted children one day.

"Can I come with you?" Tabitha asked shyly.

"Of course you can!" Piper said scooping her up and walking back upstairs.

"We're chopped liver." Gemma said. "My own child didn't even say hello to me." She shook her head.

"Piper didn't even say hello to me either." Harry pouted.

"Oh quit your pouting will you. Your girlfriend ignoring you is one thing, my daughter, my flesh and blood, ignoring me is another. We've been replaced." She said playfully.

"She's not my girlfriend." He grumbled.

"Yet."

"Hello you two." Piper smiled at the siblings.

"Hello mummy, hello uncle Harry." Tabitha waved from Piper's arms.

"Hello my little munchkin. Are you having fun?"

"Piper and I are gonna make snow angels!"

"You are? How lovely. Make sure to show daddy your angel okay?" Tabitha nodded with a toothy grin.

"Okay so stand there, arms out and close your eyes." Piper instructed. Tabitha nodded and smiled wide as she held her arms as far out as they would go. Piper gently tipped her over until she was laying in the snow. "Now spread your arms." She said. She watched as Tabitha flapped her arms wildly creating something that resembled a snow angel.

"Am I doing it right?" Tabitha called out.

"Perfect. I've never seen a prettier angel." Piper said.

"I have." Harry said creeping up behind her. Piper jumped in shock and turned to face him.

"Don't you know not to sneak up on a person!" She said.

"Sorry." He smiled.

"Uncle Harry you have to make a snow angel." Tabitha said jumping up.

"If you insist my little tabby cat." Harry smiled at her. Piper watched as Tabitha gave him the same directions Piper had given her. She giggled to herself when Tabitha had trouble pushing Harry over.

"Piper help me!" She demanded. Piper helped her push him over. "You gotta flap your arms uncle Harry!" Tabitha instructed.

"Like this?" He called out. Piper had a sudden idea and sneakily leaned down and gathered some snow in her hand. When Harry wasn't paying attention she drew back and lobbed it directly at his face.

"Oh you did not just do that!" Harry said in shock. Piper saw the twinkle of mischief in his eye and quickly ran away. Harry was quick to gather snow and form it in a loose ball before hurling it at her back.

"Oh it's on now!" Piper said. It didn't take long for teams to be divided, Poppy and Harry vs Tabitha and Piper, with Michal acting as score keeper and Anne as a judge. Gemma and Robin came out to act as cheerleaders.

"You're going down Kendrick!" Harry shouted from his side of the yard.

"No way Styles!" She called back. "We got this Tabitha. I'll keep making them and you keep throwing them."

"Victory!" Tabitha screamed while throwing snowballs with all her might.

"Definitely her fathers daughter. Never met anyone quite so competitive." Gemma said shaking her head.

"I particularly remember you and Harry being quite competitive when you were kids." Robin interjected. "You always had to win."

"That's cause he made everything into a competition first. There was no way I was going to be beat by my little brother." She said shaking her head.

"We've give up." Harry said waving his hands after 10 minutes of back and forth. Piper and Tabitha gave a cheer as Piper scooped her up once again.

"Now we have to go and thank them for a good match. Good sportsmanship is important." Piper said.

"Do we have to? We won!" Tabitha said.

"Of course. It's always good to be a good winner." Piper nodded. "Good match you two." She said walking over to Harry and Poppy.

"I just want it known the only reason we gave us is because Poppy didn't want to embarrass her sister anymore." Harry said eyeing his niece.

"What? You were the one who said you didn't want to embarrass Piper!" Poppy said looking up at Harry indignantly.

"Either way we won." Piper said sneakily sticking her tongue out at Harry.

"Victory victory victory." Tabitha chanted as she walked back into the house.

"All she's going to talk about all night." Gemma sighed. Michal chuckled and rubbed his wife's back as they followed their daughter inside.

"I totally would've kicked your ass in a true snowball fight." Harry whispered gathering Piper in his arms.

"Psh, you wish." She countered.

"We'll never know though because I'm too much of a gentleman to not let you win." He grinned.

"If that's what helps you sleep at night." She smiled. He grinned and gave her a firm kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 58 9
Christmas is coming and it's your first time meeting your boyfriend's parents. But things don't go as jolly as you'd hoped and suddenly you find your...
592 16 1
Harry wants nothing more than to go home to spend Christmas with his family. That is, until he meets Kayla Smith. What happens when she gets tangled...
1.6K 33 28
A girl, May Waters falls in love with a boy Harry Styles. They may be different and maybe not right for each other, but who knows? _____________ FAST...
3M 74.9K 97
"And your eyes... irresistible." Starting your life over is hard enough on your own. But what happens when the world is suddenly watching when you be...