An Alpha's Kiss | ✔️

By Dark-Shadow

(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silentl... More

An Alpha's Kiss - Story Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 36

23.8K 1.4K 158
By Dark-Shadow

~Aya

The chains rustled as I yet again attempted to break free, or tried convincing myself that I might. It was foolish of me to think that I could out strength metal, but it was worth a shot. Again and again but the cackling of chains taunted me, as if saying that I'm never getting out of here.

"Someone help!" I cried out but deep down I knew it was useless to do so. Everyone in this house is probably with Silas, wherever the hell he is, or just ignoring my very existence.

"Please, help me!" My throat hurt from all the screaming that I began coughing wanting the pain to subside.

I didn't say anything else, surrendering to the fact that no one's going to help me. It felt like one of those moments where the princess will never get her happily ever after, but instead die in a rotten hole waiting for her captor to drain the life out of her.

My mind went back to the night I willingly handed myself to Silas after reading his threat. Maybe I could have avoided all of this by giving my father the letter and letting him take the lead of things. Would Silas have dared to actually kill one of the royals?

He definitely would've.

Blankly staring at the floor, I let my thoughts carry me into this endless rotating cycle of what –ifs. I didn't regret my decision; after all I took that choice to keep my family safe. But then again, they're out here somewhere searching for me and will face Silas.

So my plan for protecting them has gone to waste. But what did I expect, for them to leave me in the hands of a beast knowing that he'll eventually kill me? I should've considered my options twice but I was too caught up in the moment.

Though my heart acted on its own accord, putting the people I love first, but what's done is done. There's no time machine to let me go back and change the events, so hollowing in self-pity will get me nowhere.

But of course, the pessimistic side of me ruined my determination to remain strong willed and have faith in Jace, squeezing in the possible chance of him getting hurt while encountering Silas.

A lump in my throat formed and I cursed Silas with every ounce of sanity I had left. If anything happens to Jace I would happily welcome death, probably jumping off a cliff to end my life. I can't stand that possibility and though it's minimal, it's still there.

I drew in a wavering breath to calm my nerves and swallowed difficultly blinking away the tears. Jace is the secret to my smile, the key to my happiness and my light in this very dark world. Fate didn't pear us together for nothing, we're the gate to something bigger, something unknown.

At least, that's what my heart's telling me.

I let out a frustrated sigh and pulled my knees inward, resting my chin on top of them and wishing I could just burn the metal clasped around my wrists and flee for my life.

I sat up straight hearing the creak of a door open. Fear struck my heart again thinking that it was Silas wanting to finish what he started but I raised my brows in confusion noting the nearing light and fast footsteps.

It wasn't Silas nor Elijah and neither was it Veronica since I would've known her from the sound of her heels.

"Who's there?" I frowned waiting for the person to emerge out of the darkness. I gasped in shock seeing the last person I expected.

The young girl that used to enter my room several time a day, bring in my meals and checking whether I needed anything was staring at me through the bars, nervously glancing around her and taking out a chain of keys once sure that the coast is clear.

My jaw nearly hit the floor, my eyes lingering on the set of keys she was hastily going through before inserting a key inside the lock. My heart raced as I anxiously waited for the door to open, and it did.

"Oh my gosh." I was on my feet immediately. The girl I still don't know the name of rushed inside and kneeled in front of me. With shaky hands, she unclasped the metal surrounding my ankles and took them off.

"Thank you." I breathed out sincerely, gripping her arms as a smile spread onto my face.

"The exit is the first door on your right but be careful, two men are still in here. When you get out head west, I overheard Silas saying that they're heading towards a meadow not too far away from here. Hurry before it's too late, he plans on killing them all." She glanced behind her shoulder and back to me, smiling gently.

"Save your prince." She whispered.

"How do you know?" I furrowed my brows, confusion coating my features.

"Everyone knows. But that's not important right now, you need to get out of here. Follow me." She said quickly, ushering me to stay behind her as she leads the way.

I couldn't comprehend what just happened, more precisely, why this girl is helping me. Just as I thought that I was going to be locked down here forever, she appeared out of nowhere, like an angel sent from heaven.

Reaching the door, I repeated what she told me. I should go right then once I'm out I'll have to head west. I mentally smacked myself remembering that I still don't know her name.

"What's your name." I asked lowly, afraid anyone from the other side would hear. She turned to look at me, her cheeks turning a tint of red.

"Madeline, your highness." I like this girl even more.

"Aya, just Aya." A small smile tugged my lips seeing her gaze lower to the ground.

"Thank you, I owe you with my life Madeline." She let out a gasp as I wrapped my arms around her petite frame and gave her a tight hug before pulling away.

"Be careful." She stated, worry lacing her tone. I nodded stiffly, breathing in and out as I gripped the large handle and pushed the door open.

Seeing no one there, I wasted no time and darted toward the door praying that I won't get caught. This is my chance, I had to run away and reach Jace.

I followed Madeline's instructions, my feet landing on the forest's ground and headed east, sprinting past the trunks of trees. I have to be there on time, I just have to. So I let my legs carry me at the maximum speed they could manage, and even though I've got so little energy surging through my body, I ran fast letting the adrenaline pulse through my veins.

He'll hurt them, Silas is going to kill them. Though my legs begged me not to, I pushed myself faster letting the wind slap my face. I almost tripped hearing the sound of ferocious growls right behind me, the pounding of footsteps digging into the ground.

No! This can't be happening.

Glancing behind me, I let out a small scream. Two creatures – monsters were following behind me, growling and snapping their jaws like they wanted to sink their sharp teeth into my flesh, their red eyes promising sorrow and regret.

"God help me." I choked out, my breath uneven as I dodged a branch and kept moving ahead, not letting the two beasts get to me.

Keep on running Aya, I told myself. For Jace.

But right then and for some strange reason, realization dawned onto me. It was just as the nightmare I had. Red eyes, scary snapping, thuds against the dirt but most importantly, me getting tripped by a branch. Then it clicked, that nightmare was a warning sign, telling me to be careful. Frantically, I looked ahead of me trying to spot any branches that could get stuck in my leg.

Got you.

I jumped on top of it and continued on, the determination inside of me skyrocketing. Their growls showed how pissed off they were, two beasts unable to catch a girl. I knew I needed to do something to lay them back because by the sound of it, they were getting closer.

Wait.

Silas had made a power barrier around the house we were in, now that I'm far away from it ... I raised my hand and concentrated – fire. There it was, the flame. I narrowed my eyes and breathed out, hoping my plan would work.

Slowing down, I applied what Vixen had taught me, a fire wall. It took me a lot of energy but it worked, the fire wall bolting from right underneath the ground till further up in the forest's sky. The beasts were taken by surprise, one of them halted his steps and stopped right in front of the shield I've made but the other one crashed right into it and it's howl of agony rang through the area.

I turned around, seeing an area void of the countless of trees the forest contained so I quickened my steps hoping that this is the meadow Madeline was talking about.

I gasped in horror at the sight I was looking at. Some warriors were lying in their own pool of blood whereas others were being dragged away from the meadow. My father was fighting two beasts with all his might. I cried out seeing the beast biting his shoulder but dad was quick to gain balance and attacked the beast.

Seeing Axel back my dad up made butterflies well up in my stomach. My little brother has grown up to be a man, definitely fit to be the next king in line. He has a lion's heart, preventing the beast from coming near my father and him fighting it instead.

I put a hand on my mouth disbelievingly seeing Vixen injured, blood trailing down his leg but nonetheless even with his injury he had the upper hand. It was as if I was seeing a totally different person, the warrior Vixen radiated of power and strength.

My eyes searched the area for Jace, and I bit my lip thinking of the worst as I was unable to spot him.

It was until a very large werewolf snapped the head of a beast that I breathed out in relief. The body of the beast dropped to the floor and Jace turned around heading toward Vixen, wanting to finish off another one.

But it was then that I saw a figure heading forward, Jace being its target. It moved so fast that I was unable to see who it was, skillfully avoiding the fights occurring, jumping over each and every body. My eyes went to Jace again and my breath hitched seeing he was busy fighting side to side with Vixen to notice what's coming for him.

"No." I whispered.

A silver dagger was in his hand. He became close, to close. I moved, wanting to knock that person down before he gets to Jace. Everything happened in slow motion. The dagger pierced into Jace's flesh.

"Jace!"

I screamed above my lungs, my heart chattering into a million pieces. Part of me dying, and I dropped to the ground the same moment Jace dropped. I choked out a sob, unaware of the tears falling onto my cheek, putting a hand over my heart that it felt like it was just ripped out of my chest.

And seeing the person that plunged the dagger made the demon inside of me unleash itself.

I saw red. I wanted Silas's blood on my hands.

The ground began to shake, the trees around me cracking and some even falling. A force was controlling me, and it was so powerful that I was consumed by it. It felt like I was awakened, an energy so new yet so dangerous consuming my insides.

I was floating in the thin air, so much power wanting itself to be released, my eyes focusing on the one person that dared hurt my mate.

Silas.

Wow.

Damn Silas.

Please Vote and Comment!💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.5K 61
Him: "I've been looking for her for centuries now, and when I caught her scent at the party, I knew I have to go after her. No way in hell I will mis...
15.4K 342 30
When a werewolf prince comes of age the royal family must hold a ceremony at which 30 girls will go to the castle and live there until he choose's on...
912 31 8
Vampires and werewolves have been blood enemies for centuries, but now a new threat is rising...demons are escaping from hell and those demons are in...
29.6K 1.1K 35
Evelyn has lived in fear and hiding for her whole life; she yearns to one day live in peace, comfort, and happiness. All she wanted was to meet her m...