The Good In Diavolo✔

By fatii227

❝Everyone has good in them, for even the devil was once an angel.❞ ••• ▪ HIGHEST RANKING #70 IN #WATTPAD ▪ ••... More

Prologue
Character Aesthetics
Playlist
Achievements
ForYou Letters
Chapter- 01
Chapter- 02
Chapter- 03
Chapter- 04
Chapter- 05
Chapter- 06
Chapter- 07
Chapter- 09
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22
Chapter- 23
Epilogue
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
New story- 'Toxicate Me'
UNPUBLISHING FOR EDITING!
Upcoming Stories!
1 MILLION READS! + SURPRISE

Chapter- 08

59.8K 1.4K 247
By fatii227

EDITED: 18th March 2019.

Brooklyn.

I could hear his heavy breathing on the other side of the telephone making me close my eyes. Was saying his name that bad of a thing?

My uncle's words from the party flashed in my mind,

"..his name is Mr. Diavolo Francesco. But let me warn you niece, don't even by mistake utter his first name."

"What did you just call me, Brooklyn?" Oh my, this was bad. His voice was so dark, it sent chills down my bones. And not good ones either.

"I-I am s-sorry." I stuttered out, though I didn't even know why I was apologizing.

"Don't you ever call me that again, understood?" He said again, sounding a little more relaxed than before but still tensed.

I felt bad, even though I shouldn't. Addressing people by their name is a normal thing then why did it bother him if I so much as merely uttered his name. It confused me, he confused me.

But I let it slide, knowing if I asked anything it would only make the tension thicker. Instead, I settled for a safer question,

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked him.

"Oh, just that you are meeting me for coffee tomorrow evening. I'll pick you up." He said, nonchalantly. But me, being me started feeling all jittery and giddy.

Is he asking me on a date? Or is this even considered one? And he's not even asking, he is basically demanding me. And so I take the risk. Because who is he to be talking like that to me! I am not a puppet.

"What makes you think I'll come. I mean, I barely know you." I challenged him.

I heard him chuckle humorlessly, "Oh you will alright. I'll kidnap you if I have to, dear Brooklyn." I could practically hear the smirk in his voice. Cocky bastard.
But he wouldn't really kidnap me, would he?

"Oh, you wouldn't dare," I said, rolling my tired eyes and laying on my back, head on the pillow.

"Trust me, I will if I have too." I heard his voice, and I hummed back in response almost asleep.

I could hear his distant voice mumble incoherent words, but I paid no mind to it drifting into my dreamland with the phone still close to my ear.
---

When I wake up, the phone was still in my hand and it looked to be about 8:00 in the morning. Knowing it was the day to go home, I sat up placing the phone on the table beside my bed and stretching my arms weirdly.

I was about to go to the bathroom attached to my room for taking a piss, but my mom burst through the door before I could even move.

"My baby, how do you feel now?" She said, squeezing me tight.

I winced at the strength and chuckled, "Great. I can feel the pain leaving my body." I said, and it was true. I felt better than yesterday night.

Her eyes softened with relief and she sighed, "Thank God. Now come on, I brought you some clothes to change into. Let me sign the discharge papers and we can leave." She said, handing me a bag and leaving the room.

I washed my face and changed in the bathroom, still feeling dirty. As the bathrooms didn't have showers or any kinds of toothpaste, I couldn't shower or brush my teeth. I figured I would do it at home.

When I came out with the hospital gown in my hand, I saw my mother and a nurse standing there talking. I cleared my throat, making their gazes shift to me.

I walked near them, placing the cloth on the bed. The nurse did a few checkups, like taking my blood pressure and removing my bandages, giving me instructions on how to treat the wounds until they were fully healed. I nodded, eager to go home.

My mother and I were walking through the hospital hallways before she stopped suddenly.

"I almost forgot, I need to get the antiseptic creams that the nurse prescribed you. You can go, your uncle and brother are waiting in the parking lot. I'll be only a minute." She said, and I smiled at her nodding. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mother.

She cupped my cheek with her hand before turning and going in the direction of the pharmacy. I too continued walking to the parking lot.

Upon reaching, I could see my uncle and brother talking and when I knocked on the window lightly they jumped from their seat. I laughed at their ridiculousness.

My uncle opened the door, almost knocking me with it and hugged me.

"Oh my, I am glad you are okay. How are you feeling now?" He asked concerned.

"I am fine now," I said, giving him a weak smile.

Just then my brother made his appearance.

"Well, well. Look what the cat dragged in." He said, smirking trying to act nonchalant but I know he was just as concerned as my uncle.

I rolled my eyes at him, before lightly hitting his arm and gathering him in a hug.

"Eww, germs." He said, acting like he was disgusted but hugged me back anyways.

"I missed you, B." He whispered in my ear and I smiled in his arms. No matter how much we annoy each other, in the end, we got each other's back.

We pulled away and he immediately stepped back, I laughed as he stuck his tongue out at me.

I saw my mom behind his shoulder, coming from a distance holding a few bags. When she reached near the car, she looked at all of us questionably.

"Why are you all standing here?" She asked.

"Oh, just a family reunion." My brother muttered and my uncle chuckled.

She still looked lost but nodded anyway. "Alright. Let's get home now guys. I bet Brook's tired." She said, glancing at me for a few moments.

We entered the car and I dozed off. What harm could a little nap do?
---

"Wake up lazy freak." Someone said shaking me awake, and I groaned trying to bury myself further into the comfortable seats of the car.

"Brooklyn, wake the fuck up." The person said shaking me hard and I opened my eyes.

I stared right at my brother's face before slapping him and getting up.

"Ouch what was that for?" He asked, from behind me as I walked to the house I had so desperately missed.

"For waking me up," I said, going inside and to my room. I could hear my mom asking me if I needed anything and I mumbled a 'no'. I was tired and in need of sleep.

Upon walking inside, I saw my things the way I left them. Nothing was out of place only a plastic bag on my bed.

I peeked inside it, to see my handbag as well as all the other things like my phone, and wallet in a good condition. I sighed in relief, at least I wouldn't have to buy new things.

I opened my phone and checked all my messages. Most of them from work asking my whereabouts and others from my 'friends' to take care. But one, in particular, caught my attention,

'When you see this message, call me.'

It was from Diavolo.

I don't why I did so, but I called him and after a few rings heard his cocky voice.

"Ahh, piccola are you okay now?" He said. I didn't understand what 'Piccola' meant but answered anyways.

"Yeah, I am fine."

"Oh, so we are still going for coffee right, love?"

"Sure. Whatever." I said, rolling my eyes. As if you gave me a choice when you demanded me to come.

"I'll pick you up at 7:00, piccola." He said and hung up leaving me wondering what the 'date' would be like.

To say I wasn't excited would be a lie.

×××××

a u t h o r' s
n o t e:

she's finally home, yay!

and they're going on a date. *squeals*

here is the meanings of the italian words Diavolo used as endearments to our darling.

Piccola- baby/babygirl.

(yes, if you are an rr you will notice that i have changed the words just because a lot of people got confused including me and so I asked an actual Italian person for the correct words!!)

no google translator is needed now.

anywhore, this chapter was fun to write. kinda

for those thinking that Diavolo hating his name is exaggerated, you don't know his story people.

for that you'll have to stick around longer.

also i ALWAYS make my chapters more than 1000 words, if its still 'short' for y'all idk what else to do.

brooklyn's casual outfit at top :)

thanks for reading ;)

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

much love,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 333 23
Sweet, sheltered, innocent Mia Bianchi lives her life according to her fathers rules, still at 19 she does as he says, not knowing life beyond her 15...
445K 7.9K 44
【 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐃𝐨𝐧 & 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 】 Welcome to another mafia romance book that I hope you beautiful and handsome people love and p...
101K 2.5K 29
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
1.9M 40K 60
Highest Ranks- 1# Mafia 1#hostage 1#complete 1#good girl 1#italian 2#happy ending 3#Mature Rosie didn't have anyone, only herself. Growing up in...