Dear Mr Billionaire

By brend_izzy

The letters started six years ago, at the time when nobody believe in him, Blake had EJ to motivate him. Havi... More

Chapter 1 : Are you hiring?
Chap. 2: Are we done yet?
Chapter 3 (edited)
Chapter 4 (edited)
chapter 5
Chap 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Surprise :)
Q&A

Chapter 23

11.4K 522 54
By brend_izzy

The rest of the week was a blur, by the start of the following week Emily was running around the office like a crazy person. Files needed to be delivered, meetings need to be attended and it all needed to be done before Wednesday. The picnic  was fast approaching and with that came an extended weekend and Emily’s much needed trip home.

As the end on Tuesday rolled by, she and Claire sat on their flower print couch giving each other mani pedis before what Claire called “the big day”.

“OK, so does sexy boss man have any more relatives? You mentioned an aunt and uncle, so maybe male cousins?” Claire questioned as she added a second layer or red polish.

Emily looked at her friend’s color and then back at her own purple shade. She wondered if she should tell Claire that Blake did indeed have a male cousin, but she wasn't sure if he was single, all she knew was that he was a few years younger than Blake.

“He mentioned a cousin, don't know if he's single or even if he's interested in women, so you will have to wait and see.” Emily answered, her friend's eyes light up at the news the fact that there might be a similar version of Blake out there was a promising start.

“Good thing I picked this color then. Did you pack your bags yet?” Emily simply replied with a nod, her friend was busy holding her hand up to the light and admiring the scarlet paint against her tan skin to even notice. With a roll of her eyes and a huff she went back to her own nails and wondered how her polish would contrast with Blake's dark hair.

“Wow! I knew this picnic was a big deal, but seriously? There's a bar and are those grills? We cook our own food?I love this man. Can I marry him?” Claire was like a small child in a candy store, but in all fairness neither girl had expected the picnic to be so big.

There were several large grills, a table full of the food employees had brought and an assortment of inflatable bouncy houses, the biggest of which had a little blonde boy standing by the entrance.

“Back off my man, I love you but I will smother you in your sleep if you try something.”Emily teased setting down the marshmallow salad next to the rest of the desserts. The place was full of happy people all gathered around tables talking and a few of those who had already had a few drinks were out on the makeshift dance floor.

“OK girlfriend, I am off to be a Pringle and mingle.” With that Emily was left to watch as her best friend began to introduce herself to the rest of the guest.

“So, what do you think?” A deep voice asked from behind her. Emily blushed as Blake's arms wrapped around her in the middle of the crowd. She wasn't sure what people were going to say about her relationship with the company owner. Would they look at her differently now that she was in a relationship with her boss?

People simply smiled in their direction and went back to their conversations, it seemed that nobody really cared who Blake Redwood dated, or at least none of the employees did. She relaxed and let herself appreciate the arms that were around her.

“A friend recommended the barbecue back when the company was still new. He knew we couldn't afford a big party so the first company picnic was on a Saturday and everyone brought food to share or a grill. We were such a hot mess but it ended up being the most fun anyone had ever had. It's changed slightly over the years but we still have the epic water balloon fight at the end” Blake informed as they watched the crowd.

He wanted Emily to know how much EJ had influenced his decisions over the last six years. He had become the constant cheerleader in his life, the one person who believed in him more than he did in himself, family not included. 

“Well, well, well, is this a cute sight or what?” An obnoxious voice broke out though the crowd.

Blake's grip around Emily tightened as Junior made his way to where they were standing. Emily glared as her ex approached them, a cocky grin on his face.

“Emily, darling, rumor has it you finally managed to bag yourself your dream man. Did you know that Emily and I were in a relationship?” Junior asked hoping to get a rise out of Blake, when the latter didn't reply he continued his taunts.

“ It was the worse time of my life, every time we were alone, you were all she talked about. Redwood this, Redwood that...black black bla. Every. Single. Time. And then the little love letters. Did you know she wrote love notes to you?” 

They had drawn a crowd by then, most people curious as to who the younger man was and what he was talking about. Emily panicked, nobody knew about the letters, not even Claire. She admired Blake, he was the person to look up to if you were studying business, she wasn't obsessed nor did she have love letters.

Blake was confused by Junior's rant, Emily had had a crush on him for a while? Was that the reason she had applied, even though back in China she had assured him it was because she had great respect for the company. Was he a trophy to her? Another award to pin up on her wall next to the rest of her trophies? Angry and confused he released his arms from around her. Unsure, once more, of what was real and what was not.
His actions seemed to have pleased Junior who's smile widen even more if possible as he produced a paper from his pocket.

“Dear Mr Billionaire,

I wonder if you even read these letters, sometimes I like to think that you do. But in reality I know that if someone is reading this, it is an internship or your secretary. I like to think someone reads these letters, and at the same time I pray nobody does. It's weird don't you think? To write to someone you don't know, tell them about your life and how you are watching them from the distance. Neither of us know what the other looks like, well actually it's not true. I've seen those pictures of you from years ago, you look so awkward just standing there next to the other big shots. But then again I think you were only like 24 at the time. I don't know where I am heading with this letter. I think it's because my brother is really sick and I am questioning everything. He still makes terrible jokes though and is encouraging me to consider applying at your company. Something about you having amazing perks and a great summer picnic. I won't keep you with my dark mood any more, just remember if you are having a hard time, it gets better.

Best Wishes,
Emily

Ahh looks like she had second thoughts because she scratched her name off and wrote down her initials EJ” Junior finished as her folded up the letter he had been reading.

By now Blake was in shock, and Emily was in tears. She had wanted to ask Blake about the letter she had seen unsure if it was one of the many she had mailed over the years, but the time had never been right. And now she wouldn't get a chance to explain the letters to him or the magazine. Did he know they were from the same person?

He was smart, childish and socially awkward, but Blake Redwood was a smart man and she was sure that by now he would have figured that the letters came from the same person, her. Taking advantage of his frozen demeanor she scanned the crowd looking for Claire, once their eyes met Emily made a run for her car, her best friend right at her heels.

“What's wrong lover boy, shocked to learn that you are nothing but another accomplishment in her list of many?” Junior teased as he watched Emily and Claire speed off. His attention was not on the girl, his plan was to make Blake regret buying out his company, if Emily happened to be in the way so be it.

Blake's head snapped up to meet the man before him. He had processed all the new information and wondered why he never caught the clues. The plates on Emily’s car should have been a dead give away, she had told him of the car in one of the earlier letters. Telling him how she and her brother had saved up for two years to buy the neighbor's older navy blue Mustang. His gaze wandered from Junior to Emily, he wanted to assure her that nothing would change between them, but he was met with an empty spot.

“Listen here, kid. I didn't want to buy out your company. Your own father called me and set up the appointment, he's the one that came in with the papers already drawn and ready to make a deal. So if you have anyone you want to pick a bone with I suggest you go home and talk to him. As for the letters, I don't understand what you are trying to prove, if Emily is using me or not that is nobody's business but our own.” He took a step forward and grabbed the collar of Juniors shirt pulling him up to face him “ and if something happens so to Emily because she left the party all distraught, you can bet that I will sue you for all you have and everything you've ever dreamed of having, understood?”

The younger man looked around him, Blake's menacingly low voice was threatening enough but the look the rest of the crowd was giving him made him want to reconsider crashing the party. Embarrassed, he nodded and took a nervous step back as Blake released him. As soon as he was free he made a run for the parking lot, unaware that he had a group of angry interns waiting.

~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•~~~~~•

Happy holidays!

The big reveal! Did everyone guess the right EJ?  

And if you want to join the rest of the EJ crew in the parking lot I will look the other way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 605 26
Taylor's father disappears one day and she takes it upon herself to find him and in the process, she loses almost everything that she had. *** When T...
25.4K 530 18
R-rated, for mature audiences! So, where do I start? My name is Elizabeth. I'm 26 and I'm bored as f*ck. You could think I have a perfect life. My h...
3K 120 26
[Book 1 of Her Secret Identity series] "I know who you are, Miss IFU." Emily Williams had been acting and pretending for a long time, waiting for the...
722K 27.9K 65
Sophia Bennett, a 23 year old woman, looking for a job which will pay her enough to use that money to pay off the debt she had taken for her sister's...