It Takes Two to Tango

By jedi3ravenclaw

Ahsoka Tano's life has changed since the rebellion on Onderon. Her thoughts dwell on Lux Bonteri, the newly a... More

Part 1: Underneath the Mistletoe
A Tremor in the Force
Admiral Tarkin
Anakin Wants Her Alive
Reminiscense
A New Beginning
Love Unbroken
Part 2: Bittersweet Memory
Painful Goodbyes
The General
Promotions and Proposals
The Siege of Mandalore
The Day the Jedi Fell
Part 3: An Old Friend
Sweethearts Reunited
Friends and Foes
A Visit to Lothal
A Boy, A Wolf, and A Message
A Wolf's Guidance
A Hero's Purpose
Part 4: Home
Intentions and Interventions
A Shot in the Dark
A New Evil
A Rescue Gone Wrong
Family
A New Order
Part 5: A Skywalker Plan
Preparing for Battle
Battle of Scarif
Shifting the Tide
The Last Shot
A New Dawn
Epilogue

A Change of Plans

1K 22 7
By jedi3ravenclaw

Ahsoka hated reconnaissance missions. She'd have to sneak around some sort of base or camp to collect information, but very rarely (unless Anakin Skywalker was involved) did she get to intervene herself.

On this particular mission, she was investigating claims in the Imperial Senate that the Emperor's apprentice was trying to build a citadel prison specifically for the remaining Jedi. Lux had asked her to look into the matter before he decided his next move.

The Senate had yet to vote on it's creation, but glancing across the rocky terrace at the construction site, she knew the vote was just a formality. The prison was almost complete.

The rocky surface underneath her stomach was really starting to bother her. If she moved even the slightest bit, rocks dug into her skin. She'd survived worse, but it was a distraction she could do without.

A shadow passed over her body. An Imperial Shuttle landed on the platform, and the ramp extended. A figure dressed in all black with a mask covering his face emerged from the smoke. For being on a planet with lava everywhere, she was strangely cold. The dark side was strong with this planet.

Ahsoka slid back as painlessly as possible and sat upright. Lux wanted her to let him know before she did anything that he would consider stupid, so she went ahead and gave him a call. He didn't pick up, which was odd. He always picked up when she called. Maybe he was tied up in a meeting or something. She'd have to worry about it later.

"Hey, Lux. It's Ahsoka. I just wanted to let you know that I have some good information for you about this prison. Construction is almost complete. I feel badly leaving this place without saying hello, so I'm going to take a peek inside. I'll be back to you tomorrow, assuming this goes as planned. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I hope all is going well with your endeavors in the Senate. Love you. See you soon."

-:-:-:-:-:-

Ahsoka slid inside the entrance to the prison. Everything felt mechanical. Stormtroopers roamed the halls, faceless representations of the Emperor's power over the galaxy.

Strangely enough, she saw very few prison cells. There were enough to make it seem convincing that this was only a detainment center of sorts, but Ahsoka knew better than that.

She crept through an empty hallway and into an open cell. The inside looked just like any other Imperial cell she'd been forced into. Placing her hand against the cool grey wall, she listened. She winced as the screams of future prisoners pierced her eardrums. Not matter how many times she heard it, that was a sound she'd never get used to.

The sound of footsteps behind her jerked her back into reality. She could feel the presence of a darksider approaching faster and faster, but she had nowhere to go.

Ahsoka slowly turned around, face to face with a stranger. He was tall and evil-looking, wearing a black tunic with scattered bits of special Imperial armor. In his hand was a circular lightsaber. Another Sith Inquisitor, she thought to herself. Just what I need...

"I was beginning to think my little investigation went by unnoticed," Ahsoka said, preparing herself for whatever he had to say.

"No, nothing here ever goes unnoticed. Especially not when a force user such as yourself decides to join us. I don't believe we've been introduced. I am the Fourth Brother, and you are?"

"A former Jedi." Her hands immediately reached for her lightsabers. The white blades lit up the room, their familiar hum comforting Ahsoka. Whatever he was, it wasn't anything good.

He smiled, revealing his rotten yellow teeth. "Well then I guess I'm going to have to get rid of you before you make a scene and tell all your Jedi friends about this lovely establishment we have here for them."

The Inquisitor twirled his crimson blades around in the air, walking closer to Ahsoka. The low ceiling was going to make it more difficult for Ahsoka, but she'd adapt. Channeling all her energy through the force, she swung both of her lightsabers at him. They clashed with his, and the fight was on.

Her opponent was trained well, though his technique needed some work. His strokes were aimed at her head and abdomen, but he constantly stepped back to let his sabers spin around. He was more interested in showing off than fighting Ahsoka, it seemed. Her feelings were almost hurt.

She slid underneath his legs and sprinted out into the open hallway. Troopers were running at her from all directions, but she could work with that.

And then, she had an idea. The only way to actually see the horrors this place had in store, she'd have to be brought before them as a prisoner. It was a risky plan, but the information she'd be able to get as a prisoner would outweigh the risk.

She let her lightsabers clatter to the ground. "I surrender, Fourth Brother."

He took a step back. "What?"

"Go ahead, take me prisoner."

He paused another second before sheathing his lightsaber and binding her wrists. The troopers picked her up underneath her arms and gave her a push.

Let's hope this works, she thought, or else this is going to turn sour real fast.

-:-:-:-:-:-

Ahsoka was trapped. Fire raged around her, and there was no escape. Burning wooden boards crashed down around her. The air was dry and filled with smoke, making it difficult to breathe.

"Momma, what are we going to do?" A child was beside her, glancing back and forth nervously between the flames and her mother.

Ahsoka scooped up the child in her arms and kissed her forehead. "We're going to be okay, little one. I promise."

She held the child by her side, trying to offset the weight of her bulging stomach. The children were her sole responsibility now.

There was an explosion. The child in her arms screamed, and her vision went black.

The only thing she could hear was Lux's voice whispering to her. "Ahsoka."

"Ahsoka, it's me."

"Ahsoka, wake up."

Ahsoka's eyes fluttered open, and she jumped, seeing Lux's face inches from hers. She sighed heavily. "Oh, it's you."

"Is that all I get for coming all the way out here to rescue you?" He asked, helping her sit up.

When she didn't respond, his tone shifted. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah." No, she wasn't okay, but he didn't have to know that. She didn't want him to worry about her. He raised an eyebrow. "Okay, okay, fine. I had a vision again."

"Bad?" His arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. She nodded. "Do you want to tell me about it?"

Without saying anything, she kissed him passionately. She didn't care who was watching through the cameras; all that mattered was that he was here and alive. She deepened the kiss, confusing Lux, though he was more than happy to oblige.

She rested her forehead against his, closing her eyes and letting his presence surround her. "In the vision, I was in a burning building of sorts. There were two children with me, both of which I was carrying: one in my arms and the other inside me. You weren't there, which can't mean anything good."

"It's just a vision, right?" He said, trying to reassure her. Though she knew he was probably reading way deeper into what their future could be than the significance of it.

"Yeah, just a vision." There was a long pause while neither of them spoke. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Your message made me nervous. You did exactly what I told you not to do. So, naturally, I came to rescue you."

She smiled. "Well, this time, getting captured was a part of the plan."

"Oh. Well, in that case, I'll just escort myself out and wait for you to finish being captured." He kissed her playfully before standing up and walking towards the door.

"As long as you're here, you may as well make yourself useful. Can you fit in these vents?"

He crossed his arms in front of his body. "I'm a 28-year-old man, Ahsoka. No, I cannot fit in the vents."

She rolled her eyes. "I thought not. How did you get in here?"

"I got lucky."

"You broke into an Imperial prison and somehow managed to unlock my door."

"Very lucky. And I have a few computer hacking tricks up my sleeve."

Ahsoka stood up and slid her hand into his. "I've had enough of the foul place. Forget being captured; it's time for plan B. Come on, n'anya. You're about to put those hacking tricks to good use."

A/N: I PROMISE I DID NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS STORY! NOR DID I FORGET ABOUT PARK BENCHES OR ANY OF THE OTHERS I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A MILLION YEARS!

I've been too lazy to write the next few parts to this one, mainly because I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to go from here. I spent some time figuring that out, so updates should come more frequently as far as Tango is concerned.

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrated it today! I had entirely too much food. Why do I do this to myself every year...

I've started another update for Annihilation, which might be up by the end of the week. If I'm feeling really productive, I might be able to throw in a Tango update too. We'll see how the weekend plays out.

Until then,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.2K 1K 36
After being betrayed by the Jedi Order, Ahsoka Tano lives in the slums of Coruscant, until waking up severely injured on a freight ship en route to O...
75.5K 2.4K 38
The year is 20 BBY. The brutal Clone Wars, pitting the droid armies of the separatist Confederacy Of Independent Systems against the clone troopers o...
29K 823 51
This is a standalone novel and is not part of any series (unless I make a sequel to this). The girl once known as Ahsoka Tano is no more. In her plac...
2.9K 60 31
Ahsoka Tano and Padmé Almidala are on their way to the Separatist home world of Raxus. While there, Ahsoka meets a mysterious young boy, Lux Bonteri...