The Demonic Angel and the Vix...

By Reika-Suzuya

Durarara fanfiction Description inside TEMPORARILY ON HIATUS More

The Demonic Angel and the Vixen
Chapter 1: New Students
Chapter 2: White Day
Chapter 4: Telltale Tails

Chapter 3: Fighting the Past

65 3 2
By Reika-Suzuya

(Yay! This is the chapter where Simon makes an appearance!~<3 Also, two new OCs shall be making an appearance, and an important appearance to the plot at that. Read on to find out what drama unfolds.)

///

4:30 AM, Rynn's and Alkanet's place/Alkanet's room

Alkanet was still up, never having gone to sleep in the first place. After Rynn had gone to sleep, she'd walked to her own room and started reading. Alkanet went through fifteen thick books and twenty manga by 4:00 AM and she'd just finished going through two more books, then decided to change out of her pyjamas. She took off the white silken nightdress and slipped into a white shirt with frilled sleeves that revealed her shoulders and a short skirt of the same colour. It was pretty much the only colour she ever wore when not in her Raijin uniform. It was the same for Rynn, except with black instead of white.

Alkanet went back to reading for a few minutes, then took out a few sheets of blank paper and pencils to draw until the usual time she woke up her best friend. Her thoughts went to how funny it was that Rynn was the only one who ever woke up late, needed to be woken up, and fell asleep easily out of her family. Rynn's parents were usually gone most of the day, and sometimes night, but they never seemed too tired to wake up as early as needed. Her sisters all woke up early enough not to be late for things, even if they were still tired and half asleep. Yet Rynn was the narcoleptic one who would fall asleep whenever she wanted and hated being woken. These thoughts brought a small smile upon Alkanet's lips as she drew on the blank paper she'd gotten out.

5:00 AM, Rynn's room

"Kitsune-chan, wake up or you'll be late for school," Alkanet said, nudging Rynn with her foot. The narcotic girl just groaned and stayed in bed.

"Fine, then I suppose you don't want breakfast."

That woke her up. Rynn jumped out of her bed with a huge grin.

"Ya shoulda said that first!" Rynn said, taking off her black pyjamas and throwing on her uniform.

"Tch. Is that really the only thing to snap you out of your narcolepsy?" Alkanet said.

"Pretty much.~<3"

"Just hurry up. I would love to switch places with you and go to school today."

"Oh yeah, that's right. This is the first day of your suspension. Haha!"

"Shut it, you vixen."

"Been a while since ya called me that."

"I'm leaving. Don't forget to hurry up so you're not late for school."

With that, Alkanet opened the window and jumped down from the third floor, landing lithely on her bare feet. She gave a quick wave to Rynn and ran off towards where Shizuo lived.

a few minutes later, Shizuo's place

She slowed down when she got there and heard him talking with his younger brother. The kitchen window was open, so she decided to make quite the entrance.

"Hullo, guys," she greeted as she jumped in through the open window and did a cartwheel. She giggled at the look on Shizuo's face. Kasuka was wearing the uniform to his school and his face held no expression, as usual. Shizuo on the other hand simply wore a plain grey t-shirt, a pair of shorts, and some sneakers.

"What the hell are you doing?! Don't go jumping through people's windows like that! Just knock on the door like a normal person, d~~~ it!" Shizuo yelled, blushing as he also noticed how short her skirt was.

"I see an open window, I use it," Alkanet laughed, not noticing Shizuo's blush.

"Hello, Silvershadow-san. It's nice to see you again," Kasuka said, his face remaining as expressionless as ever.

"Same to you, Kasu-kun. How's school for you?" Alkanet asked.

"It's fine. Matagi-san always seems to get caught playing handheld games," Kasuka said.

"She never seems to put the things down. It wouldn't surprise me either if Kazu-chan kept getting into fights and Ni-chan avoided everyone either."

"For triplets, they're nothing alike, and none of them are like Rynn-san."

"Shut up! You two have the same exact conversation every time you see each other. It's stupid," Shizuo growled, his blush gone.

"Aw, you're just mad because you're not in the conversation, Shizu Shizu," Alkanet said. His cheeks tinted pink, his blush returning, and he looked away as he crossed his arms.

"Am not," he denied.

"Ne, Shizu Shizu, are you blushing? That's so kawaii," Alkanet giggled. His faced reddened even more.

"Sh-shut up!"

"I'm headed off to school. Try not to destroy the house, Shizuo-nii," Kasuka said, getting up to leave.

"Sayonara, Kasu-kun," Alkanet said and waved as he left.

"What're we gonna do?" Shizuo asked, no longer blushing. Alkanet smiled brightly at him.

"We could walk around Ikebukuro. It's been about a month, but I still haven't seen all of it yet."

"Okay. Where first?"

"I don't care. Let's just walk at random and see where we wind up going."

"Ah, okay. Just let me eat first."

Alkanet gave a small giggle and sat down to watch him.

a few minutes before first period, Raijin High School

"So what now that Shizu-chan and Tsuki-chan are suspended?" Rynn cooed, leaning precariously on Izaya's shoulder.

"Whatever we want, Rynn-chan," Izaya cooed back.

"Ya know, as much as I hate Tsuki-chan befriending others," Rynn voiced her thoughts, "she's already gone and gotten friendly with Kishitani-kun and Shizu-chan, and since it's already too late to do anything about it with how stubborn that girl is, I've actually started thinking she and Shizu-chan would be cute together.~<3"

"Are you suggesting we set them up with each other?"

"It might prove a good distraction for Shizu-chan so he quits trying to kill you whenever the two of you are in the same area. I'm actually surprised that hasn't happened in the library yet. I don't like the place, but apparently it's a safe haven when it comes to Shizu-chan.~<3"

"You may be right, Rynn-chan. It would also keep him from getting in the way of our scheming so much. I might have thought of that if there were actually someone he might be compatible with, but I never knew anyone like that before you came along and introduced me to Netta-chan."

"I never thought there would be anyone that Tsuki-chan would gain a crush on before coming here. It shouldn't be hard from Tsuki-chan's end, but it's a 50/50 chance with Shizu-chan. There's just no telling how it'll work out, so we'll have to plan things out carefully."

"Rynn-chan, how much do you think Shinra would be for them getting together?"

"Let's ask him.~<3"

"Ask who what?" the bespectacled boy asked, overhearing Rynn as he appeared.

"D'you think Shizu-chan and Tsuki-chan would be cute together?~<3" Rynn asked him.

"Shizuo and Alkanet-san? I guess so. I think Shizuo may actually like her, but he's not the type to act on it. He probably wouldn't want to ruin their friendship," Shinra answered thoughtfully.

"How about we set them up, Kishitani-kun?" Rynn asked, her smirk widening slightly. Shinra blinked.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Come on, Shinra. It would do Shizu-chan some good to get a girlfriend, and who better than Netta-chan?" Izaya crooned.

"Especially since Tsuki-chan has a crush on him.~<3"

Rynn looked about to burst into a fit of typical girlish giggles, though that particular expression was faked.

"I guess you're right," Shinra said, a bit sceptical about Izaya's motives. He knew Izaya hated Shizuo and vice versa, so Shinra couldn't really see Izaya wanting to do anything to help Shizuo. The thing was, Izaya did have a good point. Shinra thought Shizuo having a girlfriend might help him to stay a bit calmer and maybe even smile more.

"Let's plan out how to do it during break," Rynn chirped, a bit excited about the set up.

around noon, somewhere in Ikebukuro

"Shizu Shizu! Look!" Alkanet practically yelled. The boy, startled by her sudden outburst, looked over at her.

"What is it? You okay?" he asked. Alkanet proceeded to grab his arm and drag him a few steps forward with a slight pout while somehow still smiling at the same time.

"I'm fine, Shizu Shizu. Look at the kitten!" she chirped.

"Eh?......" Shizuo blinked in slight confusion as to why a kitten could cause such a reaction out of the girl next to him. He obliged to her request, nonetheless.

"You didn't have to yell because of a cat."

"He's a kitten, not a cat. He isn't fully grown yet, so it's dumb to call him a cat."

"I really don't get you."

"Kitsune-chan doesn't either, and she knows me better than anyone."

"Like I give a hell."

"What should we do with the kitten? It looks like someone didn't want him and just left him there."

"I dunno. You think of something. And why are you so worked up over a kitten?"

"Because I love animals and I don't like the idea of someone just abandoning one like that. Let's bring him with us."

"If we do, he's going back to your place, not mine."

"What if Kasu-kun wants him?"

"If our parents let Kasuka have him."

"He's so adorable." (The kitten, not Kasuka. LOL! Otherwise, Shizu Shizu would be giving her a weird look right now since she doesn't gush over guys like some typical high school girl.) Alkanet picked the tawny kitten up and scratched behind his ear gently. He stared up at her with large, yellow eyes and purred.

"Let's keep walking," Shizuo said. Alkanet gave a small giggle and started walking with the kitten snuggled into her arms. Shizuo walked next to her with his hands in the pockets of his shorts.

"Shizuo, Alkanet! Thought you two have school today," a deep voice called as they passed in front of the sushi shop. The two teens looked over at the man trying to hand out flyers to potential customers.

"We were suspended yesterday, Ani-kun," Alkanet told the large man.

"It's because we beat up a bunch of seniors, Simon," Shizuo added.

"That no good. Fighting bad, eat sushi instead," Simon said. Alkanet giggled.

"Ani-kun, that won't reverse what happened. The fighting's already over and done, so there's no more fighting," she said.

"We're going walk around. See you, Simon," Shizuo said walking off.

"Goodbye, Shizuo and Alkanet. Stay safe and try to keep from fighting," Simon said as he waved, then went back to trying to hand out flyers.

"Sayonara, Ani-kun," Alkanet chirped as she followed Shizuo.

about twenty minutes later, South Ikebukuro Park

Alkanet and Shizuo were sitting on a bench, Alkanet leaning on Shizuo's shoulder while petting the kitten. The park didn't really have anyone there aside from the two teens and all seemed rather calm and peaceful.

"Ugh. Look who started hanging around humans."

Alkanet sat up quickly and looked at whoever had spoken, eyes wide. Her silver eyes narrowed at the woman and man standing in front of her. The woman had glossy black hair, sea green eyes, and slightly tan skin. The man, who was a bit paler, had cerulean eyes and silky blond hair. Both of them wore the same white outfit, but the woman wore stiletto heels and the man wore sneakers. They both also looked to be in their early twenties.

"Who the hell are you?" Shizuo questioned, noticing Alkanet's reaction. He already didn't like the two who appeared.

"None of your concern, human boy," the woman scoffed. She was the one who'd spoken before.

"In case you haven't gotten it through your asinine head yet, you're half human, Izrafel," Alkanet growled.

"You're still just a child, so you should hold your tongue, Lady Silvershadow."

"Don't call me that, Izrafail."

"You may be of higher social status, but you're still just a child and you'd also run off with a bunch of kitsune of all things. You don't even except your own social status, anyway."

"As if I care. I'm not going back now, especially not with the likes of you two. Besides, I doubt you would to bring me back, but rather to kill me. And if I wish to live a human life, what does it matter? Why can't I?"

"Because you're not weak enough, Milady. There's no way you can live a human life without giving away your kind's existence to normal humans," the man spoke up. "Besides, did you really think you could keep a low enough profile to go unfound with the amount of trouble your own emotions cause? You can't even control those emotions to keep from causing some sort of damage. Especially with the amount of people sent to the hospital yesterday, it was easy to locate you."

"Then how come it took you so long to find me? You're a bit slow, aren't you?"

"Shut your mouth, girl," Izrafel snapped.

"Finally stopped with the formality, have you? Good. Now leave me be. You both know I'm more than capable of fighting you off."

"It's been a few years. We've gotten stronger with age and experience, which you've a lack of. You're fighting skills more than likely have waned by now, seeing as you avoid your own kin. We're also at least a century older than you."

"It must be good to be an old bat, then," Alkanet scoffed, keeping in her rage to use her wit instead. She would calm down soon enough after getting away from the two who were sent to find her. All Alkanet had to do was last long enough to outsmart them. The only thing was how hard it was to keep enough control.

"Ouch," the man said and chuckled.

"It isn't funny, James! You're such an idiot!" Izrafel snapped at him, hitting him in back his head.

"Ow! You're the idiot! You're the one who got scared of a stupid roach back at that hotel!" James yelled back.

"I'm not an idiot, you halfwit!"

"Are too, birdbrain!"

"You're the idiot, s~~~ face!"

The two continued volleying insults at each other, which quickly escalated into a fistfight. Alkanet took the chance to grab the confused Shizuo's hand and run off, the kitten in her other arm. They eventually ended up at Shinra's house somehow, Shizuo out of breath.

"What the hell was that about and who were they?"

Alkanet avoided his gaze, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Could we not talk about it? I really don't like reliving the past. All you need to know for now is that you should avoid those two as best you can and if you do cross ways with them, get them to fight each other instead of trying to fight them yourself."

"Why were you saying stuff like you aren't human?"

The estranged girl finally looked up at Shizuo. She took a small breath before her next words.

"I am, but I'm not. I'm merely half human. It's better if you don't ask questions about it."

"Why come to Shinra's place, though?"

"I dunno. It was impulsive. Besides, now that I think about it, I should tell Celty-san to be careful since we're here."

"They'll come after you again, won't they?"

"Shizu Shizu, I know what you're thinking. Don't. It won't help anything and will probably cause more trouble for me. Also, I don't want you getting hurt because of me. I would feel horrid if anything happened to you because you were doing something for my sake."

"Fine, but you better not get yourself kidnapped or anything."

"If that were going to happen, it would have already and you'd have never met me. Don't worry about me, all right, Shizu Shizu?"

"How the hell d'you expect me not to worry about you when you go and say things like that and tell me not to? Huh? Of course, I'm gonna worry! You're my friend, dammit!"

"Shizu Shizu..."

Alkanet stared at Shizuo with wide eyes, trembling as if about to cry. Her shocked frown slowly turned into a bright smile and she hugged him with a small, choked laugh. Shizuo, unsure what just happened, hesitantly returned the hug and rested his head atop hers.

"What the bloody hell am I to do with you, headstrong baka?"

"I'm the one who should be asking that, not you, idiot."

"One of us had to say it."

"Shuddup."

She giggled, but otherwise complied to shut up. She felt relaxed in his arms and didn't want to break from the hug. There were few people she could hug without worrying about hurting them by accident, Shizuo being one of them. Celty and Rynn were two others. Shinra could take a punch to the stomach from Celty, but that still wasn't the same as getting a hug from the estranged girl and she didn't want to risk anything.

"You two kids, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school right now?"

Shinra's dad had inevitably ruined the moment with oh-so-perfect timing. The two of them quickly jumped apart, both blushing madly.

"Oh, it's Alkanet and Shizuo. Shinra told me about you two getting suspended and that I shouldn't be surprised if I saw you walking around during school hours."

"Did Shin-kun tell you, or did you overhear him telling Celty-san?"

The creepy masked figure who happened to be Shinra's father sweat dropped. "You caught me. I overheard the boy telling Celty."

"Ne, is Celty-san here right now? There's something I should tell her."

"Ah, she's out right now. You can try coming back later if you don't see her on your way back home."

With those words, the guy had dismissed them just like that without ever having invited them in. Shizuo just made a face, but didn't really care. Alkanet, on the other hand, was somewhat glad they weren't invited inside. She could smell blood and narcotic drugs. Shinra's dad had apparently been working on a patient when the two had gotten there.

"Ne, Shizu Shizu, let's head back. Hopefully, we won't run into those two twits again."

"Yeah, let's go."

6:00 PM, Rynn's and Alkanet's place/Rynn's room

Alkanet had been staving off telling her best friend, but she knew it would do no good to keep it a secret from her. She sighed and Rynn looked at her oddly.

"Something up, Tsuki-chan?"

"They're here. They found me."

"What?! Why the hell didn't you tell me sooner?!"

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that we need to be careful, especially you since they probably won't hesitate to kill you on sight."

"Yeah, I got it. I'll try to keep a low profile so they don't have an excuse to use me as bait to get to you, 'kay."

"Good. I wouldn't want you dead."

"Right back at ya, my Tsuki-chan.~<3"

///

[Anyone care to guess what Alkanet is? If you want to take a gamble as to the half of Alkanet which isn't human, PM me. Whoever gets it right before the next chapter is up is allowed a request for me to draw whichever Durarara character he/she wants.~ The drawing request(s) shall be posted on my DeviantArt account when finished. The same goes for Rynn, since what she and her family are shall be revealed in the next chapter as well.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 3.3K 25
You met Izaya Orihara in college, and you have always been impressed by his intelligence and good looks. As a desperate attempt to stay together afte...
27.4K 503 21
MOREEEEE
45.7K 1.7K 43
Ever since Azami disappeared on the last day of elementary school, the social-phobia Keiko had to survive by her own in middle school without her bes...
79.4K 3.9K 19
After years of fighting, Izaya decides he is no longer interested in playing with Shizuo. He decides to go out and tell the 'brute' just that so hope...