Project Fat Suit

By not_present

Serena Davidson leads two lives. At school, she's a morbidly obese, stupid, nerdy, bitchy, slutty, and a teac... More

One: Physics and Clowns
Two: Santa Clown
Three: Yummy . . . on the Inside
Four: He Has a Name?
Five: The Infamous Game of Truth or Dare
Six: Family Members . . . and Diapers
Seven: Yelling at Staff Members
Eight: The Plot Thickens
Nine: Trust Circles
Ten: How I Met Uranus
Eleven: Blockhead #1 and Blockhead #3
Twelve: Mission Failed
Thirteen: The Elf and the Gangster
Fourteen: Peepin' Tammy
Fifteen: Elves Bite
Sixteen: Locked Out
Seventeen: Secrets
Eighteen: White Roses
Nineteen: A Day at the Park
Twenty: Sleeping on the Job
Twenty-One: Post Hardcore
Twenty-Two: Barney and Friends
Twenty-Three: Sitting
Twenty-Four: Piano Players are Sexy
Twenty-Six: When the Going Gets Rough, Join Facebook
Twenty-Seven: Sexy, Not Scary
Twenty Eight: Fire Hazards
Twenty-Nine: A Magical, Talking Rat
Thirty: Drama
Thirty-One: Eavesdropping
Thirty-Two: My Ninja Princess... The Play
Thirty-Three: Rowboating Trumphs Cleaning
Thirty-Four: Apologies
Thirty-Five: The Soup Pot
Thirty-Six: How CHARMing
Thirty-Seven: Being Cupid
Thirty-Eight: You Finally Make Sense, Katy Perry.
Thirty-Nine: How to be Cheesy for Dummies
Forty: The Cure for Elf Bites
Forty-One: Avalanche
Forty-Two: Shenanigans
Forty-Three: Conflicted
Forty-Four: So Close
Forty-Five: Dilemmas
Forty-Six: Consider the Elephant Stabbed
Forty-Seven: Baby Steps
Forty - Eight: Thoughts on Rice Farms
Forty-Nine: The Reveal

Twenty-Five: Smuranus the Ogre

504K 10.2K 6.1K
By not_present

COC: (Lol . . . that sounds funny)
Serena's Wall Thingy:
-OMG she sat on Olivia.
-Well I think she's nice.
-Go kiss Uranus, Holly.
LOL. That's what Rena should have put after (probably) Holly's
comment!

Thanks to MEalyx for this highlariour response to Holly's nice comment. I could actually see
Rena do that for the sake of a "Uranus" joke.

Chapter 25: Smuranus the Ogre

I groggily rubbed my eyes as I walked down my stairs. What’s with people ringing my doorbell in the morning on Saturdays? I silently prayed that it wasn’t Holly. I really couldn’t deal with her peppiness at this hour.

I looked through the peephole to see not Holly, but Uranus. . . . Oh, apparently the dirty side of my mind still works properly at this hour.

“What?” I growled, opening the door. I groaned slightly at the amount of sunlight that flooded into my house.

“You look awful,” Uranus said bluntly as he looked at my attire.

“Yeah, well your middle name is Uranus,” I retorted, widening the door so he could come in. “Why are you here? I’ve had enough of you this week.”

He rolled his eyes in response and glared at me. “Trust me. I’ve had enough of you too—I can’t get your awful piano-playing out of my head.”

“Yeah, I can’t get your awesome ones—never mind,” I stopped myself realizing that I was about to give him a compliment instead of an insult. “Why are you here?” I asked again, now annoyed that he ruined my sleep-in Saturday.

“I need your help. Sam is sick and I have no idea what to do. He’s with my aunt right now, but she has to go to work in ten minutes,” he explained, in slightly begging-tone.

Now I was a little more awake. My experience with childhood sickness was never pleasant. Kurt called me “Snotty Mcgee” and we never had any tissues at my house for some reason. And my parents always forced me to drink gross cough syrup. Plus, I missed Sam.

“Yeah, I’ll be there in twenty,” I promised and ushered him out of my house.

“Don’t get lost and start kicking lamp posts,” he muttered as he started to leave.

My face flushed remembering that night. “Don’t get hit by the door,” I warned evilly before slamming the door. Hopefully I hit him.

I looked briefly at the clock hanging on the living room wall- 9:30 and after groaning, I stomped up the stairs to get ready.

Once I put on some sweats and a warm hoodie on and brushed my teeth, I was set.   

“Dad, Kurt, I’m going out!” I informed them as I went out of my room to the front door.

“Shut up, Rena! I’m trying to sleep!” Kurt whined as I went past his door.

“No, Kurt. You shut up or else I’ll tell Dad what you did to me at school!” I threatened, remembering that he was a part of Holly’s plan. I eventually forgave him and Holly for it, but it was fun blackmailing Kurt about it.

“Kurt, be nice to your sister!” my dad yelled from his bedroom.

“But she’s weird!” Kurt yelled back.

“Just go back to sleep!” my dad responded, now annoyed at all the yelling.

I rolled my eyes at my family’s weirdness and headed down the stairs and through my front door. I locked the door and headed to Uranus’ house.

The familiar brown house appeared in my sight and I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn’t get lost. Walking up to the porch, I rang the doorbell.

“You’re late,” Uranus said as soon as he opened the door. “Close the door behind you,” he ordered, walking down the hall.

Not wanting to lose him, I quickly shut the door behind me and scrambled to catch up with him. We went down a hallway, the hallway which I learned of Uranus’ parents’ deaths, turned left and went straight into a room down the hall.

As soon as I set my foot into the room, something came out of the corner and attacked me yelling, “BRAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNSSS!” I gave a scream out of fear and desperately tried to escape my attacker’s grip.

“Whoa, whoa, calm down,” Uranus shushed me, flipping the light switch on.

“It’s just me, Santa Clown,” Sam stated, giving me a smile.

“You nearly gave me a heart attack.” I playfully glared at him as I returned his hug now that I knew it was just a hug and not a zombie trying to suck my guts out.

I looked around the room and I assumed it was Sam’s. It was a small room, but it looked comfortable. His walls were green and on them were pictures of his family, including ones that he drew. In the corner was a wooden desk. On it there lay a bunch of legos and the DS that I gave him. In the middle was a full-sized bed with Pokémon comforters. Parallel to his bed was just a normal dresser with clothes sticking out the drawers.

Then my eyes settled on Sam. His face was red, probably from his cold and he looked tired. I instantly felt sorry for him.

“Come on, kiddo, you should go back to bed,” Uranus suggested, gesturing to Sam’s bed. “You’re feeling a bit warm,” he added, trying to convince his brother to get back to bed.

“But Santa Clown is here! We can’t waste the day sleeping,” he objected, his voice getting hoarser as he spoke. “Tell him, Santa Clown.” Sam glanced at me expectantly.

I gave him a sorry look before I responded. “I hate to say this, Sam, but Ur-your brother is right,” I told him sadly. “Think about it this way. The more rest you get, the faster you’ll get over this cold and the faster you get over the cold, the faster you get to play,” I tried staying positive logically.

“Okay, but can you at least tell me a story?” Sam pleaded me with that puppy-dog look that I never seem to be able to resist from anyone anymore. Ah, the pains of being social.

“Okay, sure,” I agreed as I let him lead me to his bed. I pulled up the swivel chair that was near the desk a tried to think of a story.

Crap. I forgot how uncreative I was. I looked at Uranus, who had settled next Sam on his bed (awwww . . . brotherly love) for some help, but he just seemed amused at my struggle.

“Ummm . . .” I started stupidly. “Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away there—”

“Santa Clown, I already know the story of Star Wars. Trent told me that it was about a guy, who has magic, that goes around looking for a dog named Chewie. And at the end, he finds his father and they have a tea party,” he explained, motioning me to go on with another story.

I looked at Uranus in confusion. How could he tell such lies? Star Wars didn’t deserve to be defiled like that. I shook my head realizing that thinking about Star Wars wasn’t going to help me think of a story, so I brushed it off. I’ll yell at him for it later. “Umm . . . yeah sure,” I lied, wanting to move. “Once upon a time, there lived a sick boy, Cam, and he was awesome,” I improvised. “His friend, um . . . Selena, decided to come and take care of him, but on her journey, an ugly ogre . . . Smuranus, didn’t want her to because he’s mean and selfish.”

Uranus glared at me, knowing that I basing the ogre off of him. But Sam on the other hand seemed to be intrigued by the story, and I guess that’s what matters.

“Anyways,” I continued, ignoring Uranus’ venomous glare. “Selena, with her courage and honor, decided to slay the ogre because he was preventing her from seeing Cam. So, Selena set off to find the good witch-lady, Polly, so she could ask for some magic wands. The good witch-lady agreed to help Selena on her quest and gave her the almighty Pokeball wand. It allowed Selena to summon great Pokémon from great lands to help her.”

“What happened next?” Sam asked, getting really caught up in the story and not getting that I was basing characters on people he knew.

“Uh, Selena went to Smuranus’ lair and knocked on his cave door because she’s polite like that. But upon no welcome, Selena summoned a geodude with her Pokeball wand to smash the cave wall. Selena then entered the cave, but suddenly she was trapped by a net trap, but it didn’t surprise her . . . she was too cool for surprises. Suddenly, the ogre comes out yelling, ‘RAWWWRRR, I’m going to cook you up and feed you to my dogs…. RAWRRRR. I’m bitter and angry because my name’s Smuranus. RAWWWRRR!’”

Sam giggled at the dialogue and I even caught Uranus smiling at my indirect insult at him.

Before I could continue, Uranus started to tell his own version of the story, making Sam turn his attention to him. “And then suddenly Selena let out a loud, high-pitched squeak, ‘OMG, like I just broke my nail and there’s a lamp post out to get me . . . OMG!!!’”

I’ll admit that I smiled at that part, but it was only because he mocked me in a super high-pitched, valley-girl voice.

“And then,” Uranus carried on with his bizarre story, “Smuranus, who didn’t want to see or hear another second of Selena’s disgustingness, grabbed the net and dragged her to his cauldron where he threw her—”

Not wanting the character based-off of me to die, I jumped in quickly to save poor Selena’s life, “But Selena, because she was way smarter than Smuranus, used her Pokeball wand, which he was too ignorant to take from her, to quickly summoned her Sandslash to dig underneath the ground to where Smuranus was standing and punch him into the cauldron himself—”

“But Sandslashs’ speed was no match for Smuranus’, so he quickly moved away, avoiding the attack.”

“Dude, you can’t beat a pokemon,” I interrupted in a ‘duh’ tone, stopping my ‘story-mode voice’. “Human reaction time is too slow. Haven’t you ever seen what happens to Jessie and James?”

“Well, they’re both kind of idiots. Plus, Smuranus is an ogre, not a human, remember?” Uranus reminded me patronizingly.

“Yeah, well your face,” I retorted before thinking, but I quickly added, “Their many layers ought to slow them down.”

“Learn that from experience, Miss Fat Suit?”

“Yeah, I did actually, Mister Asshole,” I said matter-of-factly. Uranus looked at me wide-eyed and I promptly recognized my mistake. “I mean, Mister Butthole,” I corrected myself, looking at Sam with a guilty expression, hoping that he hadn’t caught that.

I let out a sigh of relief once I realized that Sam was already softly snoring. He probably dozed off, bored with mine and Uranus’ argument. Uranus noticed Sam had gone to sleep and he quietly got off the bed and pulled Sam’s Pokémon comforter up to his chin.

Right there and then I wanted to let out a huge ‘AWWWWWW!’, but Sam was sleeping and it would give Uranus another reason to be scared by me after the whole hand thing at school, so I just stood there, slowly dying at the cuteness of the scene. I don’t know why, but guys who love and care for their younger siblings makes them cute . . . not that I thought Uranus was cute . . . ha, another “Uranus” joke.

Uranus looked at me with a weirded-out expression on his face and I realized that he just caught me watching him, so I just turned my gaze elsewhere, hoping that I could somehow blend in with the wall. Since I couldn’t, I just walked out of the room.

Uranus soon joined me and led me to the kitchen. “Good job, Rena. You bored him to sleep,” he sarcastically congratulated me.

“Hey, he didn’t start falling asleep until you joined the storytelling,” I countered, offended by his insult to my awesome tale spinning.

“Whatever, at least he’s asleep now.”

Ha! I won that argument and I didn’t even have to use “your face” as a comeback. “Yeah, we should probably make food for when he wakes up,” I suggested seriously.

“You do it, you’re the—”

“Don’t make a sexist joke,” I warned, heading to the refrigerator anyways.

“I wasn’t,” he played off. “I was just going to say, ‘You’re . . . um . . . smarter than me?’”

I ignored his stupidity at the moment and opened the fridge. “Am I allowed to do take whatever?” I asked, feeling as if I was stealing from them.

“Yeah, go ahead. Just don’t touch the lasagna. It’s mine.”

“I didn’t want to touch your lasagna anyways,” I muttered while taking out the vegetables they had out of the fridge.

“That sounded dirty.”

“Your face sounds dirty.”

“Come on, really?”

I paused in the middle of my vegetable-gathering to turn around and glare at him. “If you’re not going to help, don’t be a pain.”

“Okay, fine,” Uranus gave up his annoyingness and got up from the chair. “What do you need help with?”

“Can you get me a pot?”

“Yeah, sure.”

I took the vegetables to the sink and started washing them, as I was doing so, Uranus was searching his cabinets for a pot. I silently wondered if he even knew what a pot looked like, but Uranus has surprised me before.

I decided to ask him a question to break the silence that had fallen upon us. “So, where’s Holly? Shouldn’t she be the one doing this with you?”

“Well, as you know, Sam doesn’t really like Holly, so I was kind of scared to ask her to come here,” he answered my question without a bunch of sassiness, which surprised me. “Plus, she’s out with her family right now.”

“How come you’re always so honest about your life?” I muttered to myself more than to him as I set the vegetables into the pot that he had handed me. I filled the pot with enough water and I set it on the stove.

Knowing that we’ll be waiting for a while for the pot to boil, I sat down at the dinner table and Uranus followed suit, sitting across from me.

“Because, I’ve from Holly that the more people know about you, the more they can help you get better and get you out of a bad state,” Uranus answered my unofficial question without hesitation.

“See, there you go again,” I made my point. “You know, sometimes I’m jealous of you. I wish I could be blatant about my life,” I admitted quietly, playing with the salt and pepper shakers present on the table.

“It’s easy. All you have to do is say the truth?” Uranus stated as if he wasn’t getting why it was a big deal. “Wanna try it?”

I looked up from the salt and pepper shakers and gave Uranus a curious look. “What am I supposed to say?”

He shrugged nonchalantly. “Anything, I guess.”

“Sometimes I prefer tampons over pads when I’m on my period,” I said falsely, hoping to create a loophole in his philosophy, but I said it in a seemingly dead-serious tone.

Uranus nearly choked on his own spit after my statement and struggled to keep a straight face as I met my glance. “Umm . . . do you want chocolate?” he asked with an awkward expression on his face.

At this point, I couldn’t keep a straight face anymore so I let out a laugh or two at his reaction.

“I hate you,” he spat, realizing what I had done.

“Sorry, like I said, it’s hard being truthful about random stuff.”

“Fine, I’ll ask you a question. Just let me think.”

I silently prayed that he wouldn’t question my fat suit. Hopefully he still thinks it’s because of my ‘need for attention’. I really wanted to try being honest, but I felt like I couldn’t about certain subjects . . . they were just touchy.

“Do you like Liam?” he asked, catching me off guard. Of all the question he could ask, he asks this one?

“Why? Has Holly been saying things about us? I told her that the photo meant nothing—my brother was just being stupid and—”

“Yes, Holly did tell about that, but just answer the question . . . and you have to explain why or why not.”

I stared at him blankly for a moment, assessing him. Did he really expect me to answer? He didn’t look like he was kidding. Was Uranus Liam’s wingman or something? As suspicious as I was, I decided to answer truthfully. “Honestly, I don’t,” I said completely telling the truth. “He’s really sweet and nice, but sometimes I feel like he’s hiding a really big secret from me. Plus, he hasn’t even talked to me ever since we got back from winter break. It’s kind of obvious that he’s avoiding me.” I stopped, refusing to go on, hoping that that would be sufficient.

Uranus had a look that read that he knew something I didn’t and maybe I was just paranoid, but he seemed to squirm a little when I was talking about Liam’s secretiveness. He cleared his throat, whipping the expression off of his face. “Do you miss him?”

“Yeah, I do.” The words escaped my mouth before I could process them. . . . shit.

Uranus face remained unreadable, as if he was my therapist. “Have you ever considered liking him?”

“Is there a reason we’re talking about this? Did Liam put you up to this?” I asked distrustfully.

“Are you avoiding the question?”

“Yes, I have, alright? But then I remember all of the secrets he has, and I don’t like secrets, okay? I have too many myself and I want someone who is plain. I want someone who I can keep a constant opinion about—someone who will tell me things without beating around the bush. I hate the idea of mystery in relationships. They just end up ruining things in the end,” I ranted, getting frustrated by Uranus’ endless interrogating. It felt like he was suffocating me.

Uranus had a thoughtful face on and then it turned into a look of slight horror. Then I realized why.

I had basically described my ‘perfect guy’, which sounded exactly like what we talking about before about being open about life. Someone completely honest about their it. Someone who I knew everything about. Someone who doesn’t have any secrets. Someone like Uranus.

 . . . Shit.

:::x:::O:::x:::

Author’s Note:

OMG! DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNNNN! What am I insinuating? Does Rena liiiiiike-like Uranus (lol)? Or does she just want someone like him? Yay for mini cliffhangers! MUWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Guess what! My arm’s all better now and I’m typing like a ninja again. And it’s SUMMMMERR. I guess you guys will be expecting faster updates? Hehehe. . . I’ll work on that, but I can promise you guys at least WEEKLY updates now. And if I fail, feel free to cuss me out… it motivates me.

Anyways . . . where’s Liam? Why is he avoiding Rena? Has his secret finally killed him? And SAMMMM was back . . . for like two seconds. Aww, he’s such an adorable little zombie. I’ve been watching a lot of zombie stuff lately (The Walking Dead FTW), which is odd because of the whole ‘The Zombie Apocalypse has started in Florida’ thing . . . maybe I’m stocking up on my surviving skills.

Now before I take up another page with random facts about what’s going on in my life, I must CHALLENGE you guys. Lately. I’ve been bored a lot and sometimes I can’t bring myself to write because I’m REALLY bored. So, I challenge you guys to write a one shot for PFS. It can be about anything—your guess of why Rena’s in a suit, fantasies of who’ll she’ll end up (which is still for me to know and for you to find out), or even Holly’s death (please not too violent). You can write in any POV. I SHALL NOT INFRINGE ON YOUR ARTISTIC JUICESSSS. Just post it on Wattpad and PM the link to me. Please give me credit for the original storyline though. I would hate to yell at anyone cyberly . . .it’s like cyber bullying, which my school had a whole assembly about. Anyways, now that I’ve bored you enough, one shots are due (hah, I’m giving you homework over summer) by 6/25/12 and oh… this is a contest . . . for hugs?

LET YOUR JUICES FLOWWW. (In a non sensual way) …well, I don’t judge but you know what I mean. I look forward to reading them… if anyone is interested in this anyways.

Okay. .. this is really long. I really have to go.

No, YOU hang up.

No? Kay, I will J

I’m tired.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 5.5K 69
Diamond was raped and got pregnant by her stepdad at a very young age without the knowledge of her cruel mother. But one thing is for sure, she's bea...
50 0 5
They both had seperated goals in mind: She wanted to work herself up for her ex-boyfriend to give her a second chance. He wanted to gain a new traine...
298K 13K 36
(Editing) His eyes widen and his lips part in pain as he stares wordlessly at me and then at the large blotch that forms around his chest . He clutc...
93.7K 6.9K 64
This is a story about a girl who craves real love, not just wanting to be only used for others' selfish reasons. Everyone says and comments that she...