The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 24 (Balcony love)

2.7K 107 15
By khal2mukay

Salam #TLIMMsquad how are we all? Hope okay. Well here's another chapter and as i promised in the last,a huge shout out will go to the first person to comment. So imma give a huge great big shout out to my girl Lubbatu_Maitafsir for being the first to comment. Thanks for your endless support babe. 😘
Hope you will enjoy the chapter. Btw we still in Vegas. *winks ;) please remember to show some love by voting, commenting and sharing. It means alot to me. Enjoy.

#TLIMMsquad
#TLIMM ❤
***************

They arrived at the hotel they were supposed to stay in,their rooms have already been booked. As tired as Amal was,she couldn't help the smile that crept on her lips from seeing the beautiful view of the environment and the whole hotel building. The landscape is beautiful,the blooming flowers added to the beauty of the whole place.
"I really hope i get a room not far from yours".
Hafsah spoke poking Amal returning her back to reality.

"Oh i thought we will be sharing the same room".
Amal spoke a little startled.

"Nah girl.. It's a one room thing. All of us have our separate rooms. But if you're scared of being alone i won't mind sharing ".
Hafsah teased.

One of the hotel maids, a pretty blonde came up to them with a polite smile on her face.
"Hello,i am Mary Alice. I will be showing each 5 of you ladies your rooms. Follow me please".

The five ladies followed behind her,they entered the elevator and made it to the 4th floor. They passed through a quiet long corridor before the rooms came into view. Both Amal and Hafsah and the other three ladies couldn't help but look at the place in awe with mouths agape. Truly Amal admired the whole place and even though she's not here on vacation,she plans to use the little free time she gets to relax.
There were five rooms ten rooms on the floor each five facing opposite of each other. Amal and Hafsah chose two rooms adjacent to each other while the other three ladies chose the other three rooms at the opposite direction.

"I do hope you enjoy your stay, your luggages will be brought shotly. And you can just call in on anything you need. We are at your service".

Mary Alice spoke with a little bow as she turned to take her leave.

"Have a good rest ladies,see y'all tomorrow morning ".
Hafsah chirped as she made her way into her room.

Amal and the rest of the ladies bid each other good night as they entered their rooms.

Amal felt the cool air of the room hit her as she stepped on the soft carpet laid down on the floors of the beautiful cosy room.
She had mentally planned to take a warm bath then take some tea before she sets to sleep on the luxurious middle sized bed. Shortly after, she heard her phone ringing. Curious as to who it might be,she took it out of her bag. It was Hafsah,with a smile she answered.
"Your luggage is here young lady.. And OMG... i love my room,it's jawdroppinly gorgeous. How do you like yours?"

"I'll come get it now,and by the way i love my room too. It's so cool,can't wait to sleep in".
Amal answered not as energetic as Hafsah due to how tired she was. She wondered where Hafsah has got all her energy from.
She ended the call and opened the door to find her suitcase at her doorstep. She pulled it in and got ready to get into the shower. She called in and ordered some tea with some muffins. That's the only meal she could have at that time. She closed her door and began to take off her scarf. She pulled her shoulder length hair up in a high messy bun,wrapped her towel and got into the shower. The warm water was so welcoming and soothing which made her stay a little longer in the shower.
She came out of the shower wrapped in a robe. Just in time,the maid came in with her order and she opened her door to let her in. She changed into her pajamas and hanged the towels to dry. She climbed into bed with her cuo of tea and plate of muffins as she began to chew on them. She finished up and got ready to sleep,just then the thought of him washed throcugh her. They haven't really spoken that much for the whole of today. She took her phone out and started contemplating whether to call,text him or not. It was in the midst of her thoughts that she fell asleep with her phone in her hand.
***********
At 4:30 in the morning,Malik stirred in his bed to the empty side. He misses his wife a lot. He's so used to sleeping and waking up with her by his side. He sat up and rub the sleep out of his eyes as it's almost time for subh prayers. He walked into the bathroom,purified himself and performed ablution. He walked back into the room,spread his praying mat and changed into more presentable clean clothes for prayer. He offered two voluntary rakaats before the full time for fajr reaches. He stayed seated on the praying mat saying some supplications. Soon the time for fajr prayer reached and he stood up and prayed the obligatory subh prayer. After that,he went straight into the bathroom to take his bath as it's going to be a long day today with the seminar they're to attend and the workshop classes that'll commence later in the day.
He finished up and dressed in a dark grey button down shirt and blue jeans ,took with him all the things that he would need and set out to the cafetaria for some breakfast. Preferably a cup of coffee first.

Amal had the most peaceful night rest,she woke up in time and prayed too. Took her bath and dressed in a purple floral gown and wrapped her head with a purple scarf. She wore a pair of flip flop sandals and took everything she needed in her bag. She didn't hear from Hafsah so she decided to call her. She picked up after about two failed attempts at reaching her singalling that she was still asleep.
"Hafsah what are you still doing in bed?... did you pray subh? Oh my God it's almost 7am now !."
Amal exclaimed through the phone upon hearing Hafsah's groggy voice.

"Arrgghh relax I'm off salat mom. I'll be ready in a few,where should i meet you?"

She responded sarcasm evident in her tone.

"Oh my bad,meet me at the cafeteria then. What should i order for you?"

"Anything you order,i eat what ever edible thing that comes my way. Catch up later".

"Alright".

They both hung up and Amal set out to the cafetaria to get some coffee first and order breakfast for them.

At the cafeteria, she saw him seated as calmly as always,and looking as charismatic as ever. That was when it dawned on her that she slept off yesterday contemplating whether to call him or not. Oh no,she really hopes she didn't call him and made a stupid mess out of her self. She quickly took out her phone and checked her call history. She gave a sigh of relief seeing that he wasn't among her recently contacted contacts.
Sighing she got herself some coffee and ordered fries with bacons for their breakfast. She scanned the cafeteria looking for a vacant spot far away from where he was sitting to seat. Just then her eyes landed on him and his eyes immidiately caught her gaze. He smiled and waved at her motioning to a vacant table not far from him for her to seat. Not that she had a choice so she waved back and made her way to the table.

"Assalamualaikum "
She said as she sat in the table across from him putting her bag down.

"Waalaikumussalam. How are you Amal?".

"I'm fine Alhamdulillah."
She responded feeling uneasy with her cheeks heating up.

He noticed how she had been fiddling with the hem of her scarf her nervousness clearly showing. He didn't expect to see her at the cafeteria today so he considered himself lucky and he wouldn't waste the opportunity of talking with her.

"You know we've got workshop class by 9 a.m. right? "
He questioned looking at her.

"Yes i have the schedule of our activities."

"That's great,i was thinking maybe....."
Mid sentence his phone rang stopping him from finishing his sentence.

"Sorry gotta pick this,excuse me".

He excused himself to answer his call. She really wished that phone call didn't distract what he wanted to say. As nervous as she was,she was enjoying the little conversation that was about to stir between them. She finished her coffee and began eating her food. Just then Hafsah's call came through. Grinning inwardly she answered.
"Where are you seated? I can't find you."

"I'm at the third table from your right. I can see you,look up i am waving at you".
Amal answered waving her hand in the air so that Hafsah could see her. She finally spotted her and came through. She plopped down on the chair with her breath heaving.

"Did you take the stairs instead of the elevator that you're panting like this?" Amal questioned trying to supress her laugh from how dramatic her new friend is.

"Nah,spotting you was difficult for me that's why i got tired".
Hafsah responded as she attacked her food like it was a prey.
They finished eating and set to join the rest of the team for the workshop lecture.
The walked to the conference room of the hotel where the workshop will take place.
She spotted Malik and with Hafsah a little far from where he was seated with some of the team members. Few minutes after they were all seated,the people in charge of the workshop came in and the workshop started.

The lecture took two hours before they went out on a coffee/tea break.
Amal wasn't up for anything to take as she was neither hungry nor thirsty so she remained seated in the room not willing to go out for the break.
Hafsah went out to get some chilled orange juice as she said she was craving it. Who even craves for orange juice during their period? Hafsah is such a weirdo.

Malik was surprised that Amal wasn't willing to move nor planning to go for the short break. Not that he wanted to go too,but with less people in the room he could actually use some time to talk with her. It's feels like some magnetic force was drawing him to her. So he approached her and sat in the chair across from where she was sitting.

"Why are you not with the others for the break?". He questioned the curiosity evident in his voice.

"I don't need anything. "
She muttered.

"Are you sure? Not even coffee,or water or some juice ?" .

"Yes,I'm fine really".

He looked at her again still not believing what she said.

"I can get you something,whatever you may want if you don't feel like getting up from that chair".

"Why would my boss get me something,i am the one who's supposed to be sent not you".
She rolled her eyes.

"Well we're more like team mates here not boss or whatever, so what do you say teammate?".

He answered her making her chuckle at his sarcasm.

"Seriously i am fine Malik. If i wanted anything i could've asked Hafsah to get me".

"So how do you like Vegas?"

"It's a beautiful city. Never been here but i loved it in an instant. I'm thinking of going to explore the city when i am free" .
She said shyly.

"You know I've been wanting to explore too. Why don't i accompany you when we have less work?".

He responded more like a question towards her.

Amal inwardly smiled. It felt like some kind of movie where you're at the talking stage with a guy you like.

"Alright that would be great ".
Amal nodded at him.

They kept silent for some minutes,both of them enjoying the comfortable silence. Even though Amal had so many questions in her head to ask Malik,the silence was better and all that mattered now was that he was with her and they're beginning to get used to each other. Who knows,maybe this is the trip that'll change everything about her and Malik. It will surely reveal if he feels the same way about her how she feels for him because as for her,she's already in to him.

******************
The workshop finished at about 4pm. Amal and Hafsah walked up to their rooms to pray and relax after which they'll go get some food. Amal entered her room changed into some comfortable clothes,prayed and plopped down on the bed. Minutes after she drifted off to sleep.
She didn't wake up until around 6 when it was almost time for maghrib. She quickly entered the bathroom and performed ablution to pray.
After praying,she felt her stomach rumbling of hunger. She hadn't eaten anything since her breakfast. She took her phone out to call Hafsah and hear if she's up for dinner. Hafsah's voice wasn't as energetic as always when she answered Amal's call.

"What's with you Hafsah? Would you like to grab some dinner?" .

Amal asked through the phone.

"No Amal,I'm having cramps. Don't feel like eating anything".
Hafsah responded meekly.

"Okay I'll get you some paracetamol from the pharmacy and something to eat okay. Get well soon dearie".

She disconnected the line and wore her long black gown with a black scarf wrapped around her head. She made sure she tucked in every strand of hair into the scarf before she left to get dinner. She had wanted to order in but she had been in the room for too long,moreover she wanted to explore the place.
Just as she was about to leave,her phone buzzed. Thinking it was a message from Hafsah she quickly took out the phone from the small bag she wore to check if she needed something but she was left mouth agape at the person who's message she saw. It was Malik and suddenly her heart began to thump faster in her chest. Anxious to see what the message is,she opened the message.
* Meet me at the balcony of the second floor please?..

Suprised and wondering why he was at the balcony and why he wanted her to be there caught her off. She typed back a reply fast before she changed her mind.
*About to grab some dinner but will be there shortly.

Amal put her phone back inside her bag went to get pain reliever for Hafsah from the pharmacy first before she goes to the cafeteria.
Suddenly after seeing Malik's message,she wasn't hungry anymore. She just wanted to be there at the balcony and see why he wanted her to be there. She quickly spinned back and made her way to the second floor, the food can come later,she can order in. But right now she needed to see him.

She caught the sight of him standing with his eyes fixed on something that she couldn't really tell what it was because she was far. She walked gently closer and closer to him with her increasing heartbeat beating like no man's businesses.

"Assalamualaikum ". She said distracting him from what he was so engrossed looking at. He turned to face her,the darkness that began to blanket the clouds together with the bright lights of the balcony added shimmer and sparkle to his dark brown eyes.
"Waalaikumussalam". He said.

"Come see something". He beckoned for her to come closer.
Feeling the uneasiness from the pit of her stomach,she moved a little closer still maintaining a decent distance between them. Surprisingly, he stepped back giving more space.

"You know,i came here immidiately after Maghrib to watch the sun set and the dark night take over the bright day,It's a beautiful view here. And you get to see the city lights more clearly unlike in the third floor where you see it from much farther direction ".

She stepped closer and opened her eyes more to the beautiful view in front of her. She could see the bright city lights and the busy streets of the casino with people trooping in and out.

"Wow,Vegas is beautiful Ma shaa Allah. I love it here".

She spoke for the first time with joy evident in her voice.

"It's a beautiful view ain't it?"

He questioned.

"Ofcourse it is Malik,it's so stunning and breathtakingly beautiful ".

She responded.

"Thank you".
She added turning back to look at him with a grin on her face.

"You're welcome Amal".
He answered with a smile creeping it's way to his face by seeing how happy she was. He has got tired of this endless games of hiding feelings and the tension between them. So today,he wanted to end it all be it good or bad ending. All he needed to do is spill out his mind to her, even if she rejects him he had let out his mind to her as difficult as it may be. But it was more difficult being the prisoner to his own thoughts and feelings. So this is the time to let everything out,he thought.

"So Amal,tell me something about yourself. I want to hear it all".

He caught her off guard and she felt a lump form in her throat. The last thing she had ever expected from Malik is him asking her about herself. She swallowed hard and spoke.

"What do you want to hear?" .

"Anything,from random things to facts,to everything you could think of about you."

This is the day to come clean, she thought to herself. She didn't even know where to begin from,the truth is she never thought she would find Malik interested in anything about her,but here he is in front of her with keen interest ready to hear about everything she is made of. It's going to be one hell of an awkward conversation,she said to herself inwardly as she began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 10.5K 54
Spiritual+romance Highest rank #13 in spiritual on 12.jan.2018. A muslim story! Two practical muslims who love each other but want each other in hala...
40.1K 3K 49
☆ AMAAN ULLAH ZAMAN ☆ 27 year old ex-marine who is now looking for some meaning in his life. After his father remarried he doesn't have a family to c...
124K 11.8K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
27.6K 961 10
Rabiatul and Zayd : Married for 7 years, In love, runs a successful business, had a son, having a perfect life. Or so she thought. Being a stay-at-ho...