The Good Girls Secret

נכתב על ידי fishergirl626

Abused until fifteen, no school, physical contact or knowledge of the outside world. Ryan Hunter is not your... עוד

Chapter One- Before You Found Me
Chapter Two- Living In The Present
Chapter 3- The Morning After
Chapter 4- The Assignment
Chapter 5- The Crush
Chapter 6- The Intruder
Chapter 7- The Trip
Chapter 8- Relationships Are Hard!
Chapter 9- What Do I Wear?
Chapter 10- Getting Ready For The Big Day.
Chapter 11- School? More Like Prison!
Chapter 12- Do You Have Any Leads?
Chapter 13- Supermarket Trip!
Chapter 14- Not My Type.
Chapter 15- True Friends
Chapter 16- Meeting The Queen
Chapter 17- Getting Ready
Chapter 18- Party!
Chapter 19- The Torture Begins
Chapter 20- The Dream
Chapter 21- The Story Comes Out
Chapter 22- Keep Your Enemies Closer
Chapter 23- Tradgedy Strikes
Chapter 24- Plans
Chapter 25- 683 Bell View Road
Chapter 26- The Story
Chapter 28 ~ Will you...
Suprise!!!
Chapter 29 ~ Explanations
Chapter 30 - Family?
This Is Me!
Chapter 31 ~ Moving Forward
Chapter 32 ~ Substitute Teachers?!
Chapter 33 - Teaching Is The Worst!
Chapter 34 - Firsts
Chapter 35 - Date
Chapter 36 - A Change In Plans
Chapter 37 - Finding You
Chapter 38 - Saving You
Chapter 39 - Epilogue
Other books - sneak peek;) The Way It Goes

Chapter 27- What Are We?

804 67 9
נכתב על ידי fishergirl626

Hello my lovelies!!! How are you all doing? So I know this chapter is a little late, but apparently Wattpad didn't save the first one, so I had to rewrite the whole thing! That's probably why I'm posting this at 2 in the morning, but you guys are important so here ya go! If you have any questions or comments leave them wherever you like. I'll be posting again on Friday! Remember to hit that little star at the bottom of the screen. Thanks guys, love ya!!!❤️❤️❤️

Softly, I pull the door to Ellis' room closed until I hear the quiet click of it completely shutting. With a sigh, I slump down the door and pull my knees to my chest thinking of how I'm going to talk to Braiden. What he said is still wrong, and even though I love him, I'm not sure I want to forgive him yet. He really hurt me, even if it wasn't intentional.

The ticking of the clock above causes me to glance up, only to realize it reads 9:30 p.m. Tomorrow's Monday, which means I have to go to school. Dread fills me almost immediately, after everything I've gone through this weekend I also have to go to school? Life couldn't get any suckier.

There's really no point in heading home anymore, especially since it's about an hour drive there, so I send a quick text to Marsha saying I'll be coming home tomorrow night then switch off my phone. My feet carry me to my old room as I walk there, thoughts of Braiden still whir through my mind.

What if he never talks to me again? What if doesn't apologize? Even worse, what is he hates me?

Thud.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my forehead slams into the door leading to my old room. Dull pain zings through it, but I rub the spot and it quickly goes away as I walk inside.

The bed is still there, but everything else is gone and in my room at the new place. Luckily, the dresser drawers have some spare pillows and blankets left inside, so I drag them out and spread them on the bed.

As soon as I crawl under the covers drowsiness hits me, even though it's only around 9:40 now. The alarm on my phone is set for 6:30 in the morning, so I'll have plenty of time to get ready. I'm sure there's some mascara I can find in the bathroom to get ready with. As far as clothes, the evidence room probably has something in there that'll work.

The motion sensing lights flick off and I'm left in darkness listening to the howling wind outside. It sounds like there's sleet battering the windows, which makes me snuggle further into the covers as I enjoy the protection from the cold November night.

My mind drifts off to Christmas which is in less than a month away. I wonder what it'll be like this year since it's not at the agency. Good memories never come from that time. My father would always go out and come back a raging drunk, destroying everything my mom and I got for each other. I would save up all year round, money that I snuck from his wallet and climb down my tree to the nearest hardware store. Then I'd pick the prettiest jewelry and buy it for her, she'd do the same. The ankle bracelet she bought me on my tenth Christmas is the only thing I have left of her. I've never taken it off, and have been able to hide it under my socks.

Sleep tugs at my eyelids, but never comes. Braiden sleeping next to me has become such a usual thing, that I miss him not being here. The nightmares get better whenever he's around, but now the memories from the past haunt my mind. Without thinking, my feet pad to Braiden's room down the hall only to find it empty. I didn't expect him to stay and look for me, but I hoped he would've. I'm about to leave but the black t-shirt peaking out of his dresser drawer makes me miss him more.

I slowly pull the drawer open and take out the shirt, slide off my clothes from the mission and slip his shirt over my head. It comes down about mid thigh and halfway down my arms. His scent encompasses me, immediately bringing a sense of comfort. With a slight smile on my face, I pad back to my room and crawl back under the covers. Just having his scent wafting up my nose causes my eyelids to slowly close. Almost as if there's a force pulling them down. A yawn escapes my mouth just as my eyes close and I welcome sleep with open arms, drifting into the darkness.

Braiden's POV ~ Age Eighteen

She's not here. I figured that she needed space after I said the stupidest thing I could've to her. It's just sometimes my anger gets the best of me and I don't register the words that leave my mouth. Usually, she needs time to cool down and goes to her room, but she wasn't there today.

I screwed up this time, I know. I love her, but haven't even taken her in a proper date yet and treat her like crap? Plus, now I'm not sure where she even is! What if someone kidnapped her again? Ugh, I'm such an idiot! The only place that runs through my mind of where she could be is at her room in the compound, or with my mom.

My blood boils when I think of her actually talking to her, as soon as she's better, she's going in for questioning, then leaving. I can't focus on that now, I need to worry about making sure Ryan's safe.

I grab the keys off the white, marble counters and rush to my car. They slide into the ignition and the car purrs to life as I back it onto the road. My foot finds the gas pedal as I push it to the floor, making a mad dash to the agency.

The trees on the road whir by in a mix of green and brown as the headlights move over them through the darkness. The compound comes into view and I slide the car into the parking lot.

The sleet bounces off my cheeks, causing them to burn slightly and the ground is starting to become slippery. I enter my code into the gate, then show the new guards my key card. Once they grant me clearance, I burst through the doors, making my way to Ryan's room. The door is closed and when I knock there's no answer. Pressing my ear against it, I listen for any sound on the other end, only to be greeted by silence.

I'm about to give up, until it moves slightly. I push on it harder and it swings open wide.

"Ha, in your face door." I whisper walking into Ryan's room.

Immediately I freeze when I walk in and see her lying on the bed. She looks so peaceful as she's sleeping, but even then, her lips are turned down slightly. If only there was a way I could take some of her pain away, she can't even escape it in her sleep. Shaking my head I stop staring, realizing that it's extremely creepy to watch her sleep.

I'm about to sit down next to her until something stops me once again. She's sleeping in my shirt. Mine. Maybe she doesn't hate me after all. Maybe, we'll be okay. She looks even more beautiful curled up in my clothes, making me realize that I love this girl more than I probably should, but don't even care.

"I am so whipped." I mumble to myself with a slight chuckle.

Her head starts moving from side to side and her hands come up in front of her face.

"Stop! Don't hurt him!" She cries into the darkness, thrashing in her sleep.

I know it's the beginning of one of her nightmares, and I have to stop it before it gets out of control. Last time it was so bad that she vomited, and I don't want to see her go through that pain again.

I quickly walk over to the bed and sit down next to her, not sure exactly what to do. If I wake her up to fast she'll freak out, but I can't let her stay like this. Slowly, I reach down and take her into my arms, brushing the hair off of her forehead.

She claws at the air in front of her, desperately trying to escape her nightmare. My heart breaks at the sight of her suffering through the pain multiple times, and I can't help but wonder what she dreams about.

"Ryan," I shake her slightly, "Ryan, wake up."

She whimpers in my arms, stilling slightly.

"Ryan, it's me, Braiden. Don't worry, you're safe." I reassure her, rocking her in my arms and pulling her to my chest.

Her face relaxes and no longer shows fear. Her lips are in a straight line and her breathing has slowed down to a steady speed. I softly kiss Ryan's forehead, and lay her back down on the pillow. Standing up to leave, I make my way over to the door, but a quiet voice stops me.

"Wait, please stay." Her voice is barely above a whisper and I'm not sure if she's talking to me or dreaming.

Either way, I turn around and make my way back over to her. Putting aside the fact that we're arguing, I crawl over next to her and wrap my arms around her waist.

Nothing matters anymore except for the fact that she's with me and she's safe. This night could have been so different if someone would have taken her again. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she got hurt, and it'd be even worse if it happened after a fight.

Drowsiness surges through me and the clock reads 11:57 p.m. We have school tomorrow, but all I want to focus on is falling asleep with her safe in my arms, which is exactly what I do.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

402 52 27
Do we truly know those we consider as our family? This is the last year before the beginning of the rest of Cara and Mia lives! Mia Carter still has...
32.2K 1.6K 38
Started in 2018 Hardcopy available on NotionPress and Amazon *Rank* 1 * in #boynextdoor *Rank* 1 * in #badboylovestory When shy yet sarcastic Daniel...
626K 32.4K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...
105K 2.7K 33
Have you ever seen a play? Watching actors parade around a stage reciting made up lines to entertain an audience, or walk away in tears when the boos...