Banshee •E. Call• [1]

By mackloveswriting

Ban•shee /noun/ A female spirit whose wailing warns of an impending death. MaLia Davis. She thought she ha... More

Banshee •E. Call•
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
quick message (first and last one)
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
2nd book - Eclipse

Chapter Three

16.4K 415 31
By mackloveswriting

Chapter Three: Partners, Conversations, & Imprints.

//Third Person POV//

Since Embry was late to class, the only seat available was one right beside Malia. Usually, that's where Jacob would sit. Embry knew that since Jake was in the early stages of transforming that he wouldn't be back for a while.

"Now, look at the person next to you." The teacher instructed us to do, "that will be who you're working with this year." Instead of Malia looking at Embry she kept her head down. She didn't want to look at him, mostly because he was way different than he used to be.

Embry cleared his throat, before trying to speak to the teen girl. "Uh, I guess we're partners this year." He told her softly with a small smile. Malia still didn't look at him. She nodded and continued looking at the notes in her notebook. "I'm sorry, did I do something? The last time we met you were flirting with me." He wasn't wrong. She was very flirtatious towards him before he became a wolf.

She glanced over at him but didn't move her head. "That was before you abandoned your friends." She told him quietly before turning to a fresh page to start the notes the teacher was writing.

Embry gave her a look, "I have a reason for that. One that I can't explain but just know that's it's an understanding reason. What about Jake? He's being distant." He added. He knew that if she could forgive Jake in the future that she could become friends with him. Malia didn't say anything as she kept jotting down the notes. "Malia, can you please just look at me."

Malia stopped writing but kept her eye and head low. "I can't." She whispered. "I thought you were cute before you cut your hair and now you're way different." She added as she quickly finished writing the notes on the board.

"Okay, then let me say this. I don't want you getting hurt, I was hoping we could become friends but it doesn't seem like you want to. So, just let me tel you this one thing and you can go back to ignoring me." Embry told her. She nodded but still didn't look at him. "Chase is using you. I heard him taking to his friend. He's taking advantage of you and I don't want you to go through that." Embry added.

Malia stopped writing while letting out a breathe. Her eyes open back up, she didn't want to look at him. She knew if she did that she would start falling into him and for whatever game he's trying to play. "Okay." She mumbled.

Embry gave her a confused look, "okay? What's that even mean?" He asked as she turned towards him.

"It means it's whatever. I'm done with this. Thanks for telling me." After she said that the bell rang. Malia hurried out of her seat and rushed out the door.

//

//Malia's P.O.V//

After school, Malia didn't know how much of everything she could take. She got into a fight with Chase after what Embry had told her. After he going on and on about it, he finally admitted it. That left her with one friend. Quil.

Quil was to busy to hang out after school today and with Jake being distant and never around anymore, Malia decides to clean out her closet. Something in her told her she needed to anyway. While cleaning our everything from shoe boxes, old clothes, and a bunch of old memories. She found a box of her great-grandmothers items.

Her hands froze as she pulled out an envelope with her great-grandmothers writing on it.

to my great granddaughter Malia

She hesitantly pulled the envelole open, she didnt know what this was about or why she would leave her a letter.

My dear Malia:

Im sure by now you have seen some... things that are hard to explain. Maybe you've even had some experience with yourself that are hard to explain. No need to freak out or get scared, everything is just falling into place. You may be confused as to why I wrote this to you.

You see honey, we have this thing in our family. I'm not allowed to tell you what it is. You have to figure it out yourself. But it usually skips generations and you are the next generation. You may or may not be skipped, you'll have to wait and see. But. Before it approaches you or you start feeling different, I need you to know of a few creatures that seem to be just legends.

Seeing as you grew up around Jacob Black starting when you were little, you probably know the stories of the cold ones and the wolves. Malia, not to scare you or startle you. But those legends are real. The cold ones and the wolves do not get along. You've lived in La Push all your life, I am aware. I'm sure you aren't aware of the Tribe that you are around. I'm sure you aren't away of the cold ones that are/were in forks.

Now, when you're reading this I will no longer be alive. I hope you understand what else is in this box that I told your mother to give to you. I left an explanation to everything. But before you go being scared, know that the wolves will not hurt you. They are protectors, they protect people from the cold ones. But also, know that not all the cold ones are bad either. I met the nicest clan of cold ones once in my life and they were very helpful. They were the Cullen's. You may know of them or not, but don't fear them if you know them. They do not hurt people, they only eat animals.

One last thing before you stop reading Malia, never test a wolf. Their anger will get the best of them and they can hurt you. You're probably wondering how I know so much... I've heard about the Quileute Tribe. They are the wolves closest to where you live. You should know wolves have imprints. I only know that because I was one. Of course, it wasn't to a wolf inside the Quileute pack. It was a different pack.

If a wolf imprints on you, it means you're their soulmate. The said wolf will be whatever you want them to be, wether it's a brother, a friend, or a lover. There are rarely any girl shifters but if there are, they can't imprint like the guys can. Only male wolves can imprint. If you have to be an imprint to a wolf, remember to not push them away. Keep them close, you will always have a friend if you do.

You can tell if someone around you is a wolf easily. They're body temperatures are way hotter than normal, they seem to have more temper issues, they become distant, they've gotten the same tattoo as the tribe and also if there behavior changes in general. Remember, a pack of wolves stick together.

Now that you know of the creatures that walk among the world, remember to keep clear of the vampires you don't know. The Cullen's are the only understanding and nice ones I've met. So keep it on the look out.

I hope you understand,

~your great grandmother xx

Malia's mind went blank as she finished the letter. She folded it back up before putting it in her jacket packet and keeping it zipped up. She quickly closed the box and slid it under her bed. She grabbed her keys as she made an instant note in her mind to keep looking in that box later.

Driving straight to the place she was going she parked and hurriedly jumping out. She knocked only for a women to open the door.

"Is Embry here?" Malia asked the women, who happened to be Tiffany Call. "I'm his partner in one of his classes so..." she trailed off hoping his mom would let her in.

"Oh, yeah. He's upstairs in his room." She gestured to behind her as she let the young teen girl in. Malia thanked her before going up the steps and knocking on the bedroom door.

"Come in." She heard someone softly mumbled. She opened this door to see him hunched over and a few work packets, most likely from school, around him.

"Embry, I need to talk to you." She said just loud enough to get his attention. Of course he knew it was her, he didn't say anything. He sense it was her, but he didn't want to let her know about the wolf thing.

"Malia?" Embry asked. He spun around in his chair to face her but stopped when they made eye contact. Everything around them slowed down... well, to Embry anyway.

"Embry!" Malia snapped him out of his gaze. Embry ran a hand through his short hair nervously as he realized that he had just imprinted on his best friends, best friend. "Is jake.... changing?" She asked quietly.

Embry's eyes went wide at the question his imprint just asked, "what're you talking about?" He asked her playing stupid.

Malia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over one another in a serious manner, "im serious." She said.

"Me too." Embry lied as he got up and stood in front of her. He wanted nothing more than to tell her everything but he knew he couldn't.

"Stop lying to me!" She finally yelled causing Embry to take a step back. "Embry, I know you've changed... or phased or whatever you wolves call it." She said angrily. She wanted answers and she wanted them now.

"Maybe you should lie down and sleep for a while. Maybe you'll wake up and realize how weird you sound." Embry told her softly. She shoved his hand off of her, she wasn't leaving until she was satisfied.

"So now you're making me feel stupid? Wow, I should've known you were a jerk." With that she was hoping it was enough to make him feel guilty and chase her. Sadly, it wasn't and she pulled out of the driveway and into the road.

All she wanted was answers. And she was gonna get them one way or another.

////////////A/N://///////

So... Embry imprinted on her. How exciting! I hope you guys are liking this book so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 6.8K 56
~ REGULAR UPDATES ~ Y/n Swan has always had trouble controlling her anger so much so she often made stupid reckless decisions that resulted in her of...
667K 11.9K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...
262K 9.8K 54
˗ˏˋ꒰ 🦋 ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐀 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) A pure and well-balanced mind, a good spirit. "Beautiful Thinking".] ❝There's nothing prettie...
175K 7.7K 42
It's been a few months since the Volturi incident, and life was finally returning to normal. Mavis is navigating through the ups and downs of regular...