Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Partners, Conversations, & Imprints.

//Third Person POV//

Since Embry was late to class, the only seat available was one right beside Malia. Usually, that's where Jacob would sit. Embry knew that since Jake was in the early stages of transforming that he wouldn't be back for a while.

"Now, look at the person next to you." The teacher instructed us to do, "that will be who you're working with this year." Instead of Malia looking at Embry she kept her head down. She didn't want to look at him, mostly because he was way different than he used to be.

Embry cleared his throat, before trying to speak to the teen girl. "Uh, I guess we're partners this year." He told her softly with a small smile. Malia still didn't look at him. She nodded and continued looking at the notes in her notebook. "I'm sorry, did I do something? The last time we met you were flirting with me." He wasn't wrong. She was very flirtatious towards him before he became a wolf.

She glanced over at him but didn't move her head. "That was before you abandoned your friends." She told him quietly before turning to a fresh page to start the notes the teacher was writing.

Embry gave her a look, "I have a reason for that. One that I can't explain but just know that's it's an understanding reason. What about Jake? He's being distant." He added. He knew that if she could forgive Jake in the future that she could become friends with him. Malia didn't say anything as she kept jotting down the notes. "Malia, can you please just look at me."

Malia stopped writing but kept her eye and head low. "I can't." She whispered. "I thought you were cute before you cut your hair and now you're way different." She added as she quickly finished writing the notes on the board.

"Okay, then let me say this. I don't want you getting hurt, I was hoping we could become friends but it doesn't seem like you want to. So, just let me tel you this one thing and you can go back to ignoring me." Embry told her. She nodded but still didn't look at him. "Chase is using you. I heard him taking to his friend. He's taking advantage of you and I don't want you to go through that." Embry added.

Malia stopped writing while letting out a breathe. Her eyes open back up, she didn't want to look at him. She knew if she did that she would start falling into him and for whatever game he's trying to play. "Okay." She mumbled.

Embry gave her a confused look, "okay? What's that even mean?" He asked as she turned towards him.

"It means it's whatever. I'm done with this. Thanks for telling me." After she said that the bell rang. Malia hurried out of her seat and rushed out the door.

//

//Malia's P.O.V//

After school, Malia didn't know how much of everything she could take. She got into a fight with Chase after what Embry had told her. After he going on and on about it, he finally admitted it. That left her with one friend. Quil.

Quil was to busy to hang out after school today and with Jake being distant and never around anymore, Malia decides to clean out her closet. Something in her told her she needed to anyway. While cleaning our everything from shoe boxes, old clothes, and a bunch of old memories. She found a box of her great-grandmothers items.